Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Honky Tonk Women Top Of The Pops 69 ?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 23, 2018 12:14

Cold hearted bastards.

Date: November 23, 2018 13:24

His Majesty
Cold hearted bastards.

Did you expect them to put Brian Jones on stage? I get your point though.

Date: November 23, 2018 13:34

TheflyingDutchman
His Majesty
Cold hearted bastards.

More like to reconsider doing the appearance, perhaps?

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: November 23, 2018 13:36

They were not "cold hearted bastards" and that comment demonstrates your lack of understanding.
Rock is a business. First, BJ was no longer in the band, he had been out for about a month. BJ was in effect an ex-employee.
Second, the Stones had (and still have) contractural obligations to fulfil which would include promoting HTW and turning up to record for the BBC.
Often in business one has no choice, one has to turn up or face the consequences.
That is why some people are successful and others, who are not prepared to commit and sacrifice some of their freedoms, are not.

Date: November 23, 2018 14:01

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
His Majesty
Cold hearted bastards.

More like to reconsider doing the appearance, perhaps?

They had to. Promo is very important for every band that wants to stay in the picture,

Date: November 23, 2018 14:05

Kingbeebuzz
They were not "cold hearted bastards" and that comment demonstrates your lack of understanding.
Rock is a business. First, BJ was no longer in the band, he had been out for about a month. BJ was in effect an ex-employee.
Second, the Stones had (and still have) contractural obligations to fulfil which would include promoting HTW and turning up to record for the BBC.
Often in business one has no choice, one has to turn up or face the consequences.
That is why some people are successful and others, who are not prepared to commit and sacrifice some of their freedoms, are not.

Fresh! grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 23, 2018 16:46

Kingbeebuzz

Lol. I forgot... In the entire history of music there has never been any alternative arrangements for or cancellations of appearances, events and concerts. eye rolling smiley

Later that same day, Mick went to a party to flounce around with the aristocracy. drinking smiley

The stones could be as ruthless as they are talented.

Brian was also capable of being a very cold hearted bastard, so you can all relax.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-23 18:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 28, 2018 04:06

marianna
The shadowy lighting is unusual for a videotaped pop TV show. The camera work is good, too.

I am thinking this was originally filmed in color. Some of the visual effects wouldn't make sense to do in b/w, and the contrast problems also indicate the original source is probably color.

I don't doubt this particular broadcast was done in B/W.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 29, 2018 00:03

JMARKO
marianna
The shadowy lighting is unusual for a videotaped pop TV show. The camera work is good, too.

I am thinking this was originally filmed in color. Some of the visual effects wouldn't make sense to do in b/w, and the contrast problems also indicate the original source is probably color.

I don't doubt this particular broadcast was done in B/W.

Interesting point. I asked. As far as can be recalled this was filmed in B&W.

(BTW Jon your email contact address here is more than a little out of date.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home