Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 97 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 23, 2019 23:19

timbernardis
Stonesfan2146
Yes.

Found the quote:

BN: Enough about trees. Let’s talk about the Stones. You guys are hitting the road again in the spring. Isn’t this getting a bit old?

CL: The band gets better and better, and I mean that sincerely.
I’ve been with this outfit for 37 years and it’s never been as good as it is right now.
The songs are iconic, Jagger is an amazing front man, and Keith is one of the most amazing guitarists.
We start rehearsals in March.

[iorr.org]

A question and comment on this --

I thought he was first with the band in '89 for Steel Wheels. 37 years would be '82. Was he with them on the Euro tour that year, or in the studio with them that year?

his better and better comment -- I would have to say I agree with him in some ways ... the second Paris show, my 50th overall, on October 22nd '17, was their greatest show I have ever seen.

plexi

Chuck Leavell with Stu at Leeds Roundhay Park July 1982.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 15:52 by Deltics.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 23, 2019 23:23

To my American fans, if you are in the position to go and see them, please go. I went to 3 of the UK concerts and they were one of the best ever, great memories.
I have been going since 73.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 23, 2019 23:34

odean73
To my American fans, if you are in the position to go and see them, please go. I went to 3 of the UK concerts and they were one of the best ever, great memories.
I have been going since 73.

Thank you.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 23, 2019 23:41

timbernardis
crholmstrom
we need old school rolling stones lunch boxes!!!!>grinning smiley<

bet u can find some of these from the 60s on e Bay. Matt Lee prob has some in his vast collection.

plexi

There weren't any official 60's ones (at least that I am aware of). Stones 60's merch is super rare, much, much more so than the Beatles. The best items being the Selcol guitars, particularly with their original packaging!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 24, 2019 01:48

Deltics
timbernardis
Stonesfan2146
Yes.

Found the quote:

BN: Enough about trees. Let’s talk about the Stones. You guys are hitting the road again in the spring. Isn’t this getting a bit old?

I’ve been with this outfit for 37 years and it’s never been as good as it is right now.
The songs are iconic, Jagger is an amazing front man, and Keith is one of the most amazing guitarists.

[iorr.org]

I thought he was first with the band in '89 for Steel Wheels. 37 years would be '82. Was he with them on the Euro tour that year, or in the studio with them that year?

his better and better comment -- I would have to say I agree with him in some ways ... the second Paris show, my 50th overall, on October 22nd '17, was their greatest show I have ever seen.

plexi

Chuck Leavell with Stu at Leeds Roundhay Park July 1982.

*speaking of my fav CD’s, I just saw this 7-8 minute clip done in 2012 (Mick) and 2013 (Keith) speaking/ remembering Leeds/ Roundhay 1982:
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2019 03:52

i would love to see the band whip out a cool r&b cover like they did with "love train" on the licks tour. they always do that sort of thing well. "just my imagination", "ain't too proud to beg" etc. i've seen them do "i can't turn you loose" & it was fantastic. really turned up the energy of the set.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 24, 2019 03:56

Enjoy this last tour of the US.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2019 04:02

GasLightStreet

Hasn't bv warned against reviving threads from years ago like this post from 2013?
(or 1981.. not sure cool smiley)

Lol.
Could be. Stated matter of factly by many every tour.
Eventually, it's gotta be right.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 24, 2019 08:18

well 50 years since ya yas; well alright.
there's a sure pattern here;
i'd start reserving rooms for 2069;
every fifty years they're gonna hit NA.
actually this touring overview had been established in the 1869 then again in 1909 in the more common era (MCE) ,
but it had also been true as far back as not only 1819 but 1769 as well; that one was tough; there was a War going on.
They had red costumes, it was a mess backstage. well the back of the barn.

yes; 50 years; cool; let's see the 2012 reunion shows anniversary should be
around the 60's; the 2060's....so i'd put prelim reservations now.
k, now hops is off to the 'new album' thread to destroy all sense of hope there as well. a deep fans job is never done.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 24, 2019 08:39

When will merchandise be up on rollingstones.com for this tour?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2019 15:28

GasLightStreet

I'm fairly confident this will be the last time I'll be able to see them...which to me means I think they may do some additional shows, but I think the touring will stop.

I can't believe it's been six years since they cranked it up again. Everyone was wondering how long they'd be able to tour. At that time I expressed that I believed they would do a series of short tours indefinitely as it would be doable by the band, with lots of breaks in between. 6 or 7 years on, I sort of feel this model is coming to it's logical conclusion, and without even a new album, I don't see what they'll see as being the point in continuing.

...and a blues album as the denouement isn't necessarily a bad way to bookend the studio albums, much as I'd like to see new material.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: March 24, 2019 16:24

Also, like it or not, they are all about 75 years of age. When I look at the number of my friends and colleagues that have passed on at earlier ages than that, whether we or they want to admit it or not, the Stones are only one fall or stroke away from it all being over. See them if you can!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:45

I have the inevitable conversation about how long The Stones can continue every time they make plans and hit the road...

My bud and I always come around, and remember that they are highly-skilled professionals, and will not do what they are unable to... that's what rehearsals are for, I believe, to push the limits.

I'm in for the live tracks on HONK, and I'm at the point where I am beyond thrilled if I get one number I've never seen them play before when I see a gig... even with Ms. Swift duetting on As Tears Go By!

I am all in... see ya on the road!

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: March 25, 2019 01:31

I saw the stones for the first time in 81,this was before cell phones face book etc., mtv was brand new,the stones didn't do American banstand soultrain carson,so besides rolling stone mag or creem u didn't see them they toured once ever 3 yrs. give or take, so when I saw them in 81, I had to pinch myself hell theirs jagger, Richards wyman watts and wood, and theyre in the same building im at,this will be the 9th time ive seen them since,and ever time I still get that same feeling every time

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 25, 2019 14:50

Yeah, I know about their ages. We talk about it for many, many years now and they still touring. So let's cut the crap and let's talk about something serious for the upcoming tour:

Is there already any info about rehearsels?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 25, 2019 18:00

So Chuck thinks the band are getting better and better?
To make sure we've got the message, he adds....Sincerely.

Is he for real? Sure, they continue to give a good show, despite their combined ages.
But to say better than 1969? 1982? Etc.

Mick of all them is the least diminished by Father Time but Keith's guitar skills are way below his peak. Even his most ardent fans would agree to that, surely.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 25, 2019 18:07

Better n better?? No..not better than in their prime years.
Better than in 1995 or 1997 or 2003? Yes. The 2017 n especially 2018 gigs were amazing. But..frankly..They are not the greatest band anymore.
THEY STILL ARE @#$%& GOOD. And thats enough for me.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2019 19:32

jlowe

Is he for real? Sure, they continue to give a good show, despite their combined ages.

Mick of all them is the least diminished by Father Time but Keith's guitar skills are way below his peak. Even his most ardent fans would agree to that, surely.

Chuck should have been a used car salesman, but I don't think he would have had much success with that line of work. You have to make the sales pitch believable which he doesn't quite have a knack for.
Might have been more believable if have added a qualifier, as in "the band is getting better and better since 2006...or maybe 2012, and I mean that sincerely" .
Speaking of 2012, I wonder what his thoughts are on having Mick Taylor with the band...he was probably mesmerized at the high level of musicianship,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 19:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 25, 2019 19:41

Or maybe a Politician?
In the UK its fantasy time at the moment...across the whole political spectrum.
Kafka has got nothing on this.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2019 20:42

Please stay on topic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 25, 2019 21:54

bv
Please stay on topic.

Hello Mr. Bjornulf
Per your request
Any news on rehearsals?
Figured a guy like you’d know....
Merci

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:46

timbernardis
Stonesfan2146
Yes.

Found the quote:

[iorr.org]

plexi

After the 1982 tour on which he filled in for McLagan, Chuck played on UNDERCOVER & DW -- he got a co-writing credit on the latter for "Back To Zero".

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 26, 2019 07:50

Support bands must be soon announced?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 26, 2019 09:25

Hairball
jlowe

Chuck should have been a used car salesman, but I don't think he would have had much success with that line of work. You have to make the sales pitch believable which he doesn't quite have a knack for.
Might have been more believable if have added a qualifier, as in "the band is getting better and better since 2006...or maybe 2012, and I mean that sincerely" .
Speaking of 2012, I wonder what his thoughts are on having Mick Taylor with the band...he was probably mesmerized at the high level of musicianship,

Got news for u Hairball-- Taylor in 2012-14 was not what he was in 72-73 either.

plexi

Date: March 26, 2019 19:56

timbernardis
Hairball
jlowe

Got news for u Hairball-- Taylor in 2012-14 was not what he was in 72-73 either.

plexi

Clearly stating the obvious - he was a bit heftier lol, but his playing was still mesmerizing

The addition of Mick Taylor in 2012-14 raised the bar to a new level quite a bit, and from my perspective it will never reach that level again.
I'm grateful I was able to experience it!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:57

One month away .......

Date: March 26, 2019 20:03

Elmo Lewis
One month away .......

thumbs up

25 days until opening night, and 42 days until Glendale when I'll see them for the first time since *Vegas '16...the excitement is growing day by day!
Wondering when they'll start rehearsing, and looking forward to new opening act being announced!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 20:46

Ronnie hints on Twitter that rehearsals are starting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 20:47 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:22

Jeter1984
Ronnie hints on Twitter that rehearsals are starting

Finally...

[twitter.com]

I have those socks! winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:42

35love

Hello Mr. Bjornulf
Per your request
Any news on rehearsals?
Figured a guy like you’d know....
Merci

Sorry but Mick does not really call me and tell me where to go. And I am still waiting for a fax from Keith.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 97 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home