Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: February 22, 2019 04:05

Here we are, less than 60 days to the first show. I started in 1972, and so far I have seen 35 shows. I know, not that many, but the Stones have taken me to many wonderful countries besides the ones in the US. Shows in Santiago, Havana, 6 last summer, and 9 for the upcoming tour.Many of the countries I went to I might not have visited if it were not for the Rolling Stones. For that I am greatfull. There are a bunch of beautiful cities with great people in many countries. After the US/Canada tour, I hope we have more. South America and Asia are high on my wish list. Then if the bands health and enthusiasm continues, final shows in Europe/London for the 60th. One of the other joys of the shows, is meeting all the great fans around the world, with a common theme, watching the greatest rock and roll band ever.

Damn I can't wait.....

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 22, 2019 05:47

Please don't get your hopes up. As Keith said in a interview in England not long ago"This could be it,,".

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2019 08:13

but BV told us after Warsaw that there is strong talk about Buenos Aires and Japan. It's just a matter of who gets sick or dies first, and when. But performing as they have, and I have seen six in 17 and 18, they have NO REASON to quit.

plexi

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2019 09:41

Yeah. I hope everyone enjoys the us tour.really hope i will see the band soon in Argentina and after that Europe again??
I mean come on..Charlie will be 78 and has back problems.
Love this band. And i concentrate on seeing them again..not the new album so much.
Jeroen

Date: February 22, 2019 16:54

Pit Tickets Ronnie's Side $494 plus fees

Seattle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-22 16:54 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: February 22, 2019 17:01

I think Friday morning is the time to check for lowered ticket prices

Date: February 22, 2019 17:03

jumpontopofmebaby

Seattle

Looks like already gone

Date: February 22, 2019 17:37

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby

Seattle

Looks like already gone

Available Again

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 22, 2019 19:07

have 2 in cart. anyone want them?:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2019 19:34

They'll be dropping like rain drops in Seattle soon enough in many price categories.
As with most, if not all other shows...it's the calm before the storm right now with a few drizzles here and there.

*Still seeing PIT's Ronnie side at $495.50+ (official standard price), and you can buy 8 at a time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-22 19:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2019 19:45

The proof will be in the random good deals and expected late ticket releases at standard pricing, as usual eye rolling smiley

Seattle forecast.. very light AM drizzle turning to afternoon sun.
New York gets more rain annually than Seattle, and with two shows, there and Chicago are the only cities where more Lucky Dips, groupons etc. are forecasted as likely.

Date: February 22, 2019 19:56

Well it literally snowed in Malibu and other parts of L.A. and SoCal yesterday - this might bode well for Pasadena price drops!
Doubtful as it was a freak storm, and the forecast for the next 20+ years is sunny/partly cloudy mild temps.

On the other hand, Glendale AZ - very hot and very dry - has a good chance at some massive drops via Lucky Dips, Groupon, Costco, etc., so hard to predict based on the climate.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: February 22, 2019 20:13

Thanks for the heads up on Seattle! Just scored 2 pits Ronnie side. Now if only these could pop up for Chicago #1!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-22 21:27 by goinhome.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 22, 2019 20:41

OK, got my pit ticket for Seattle. Would prefer Keith's side, but didn't want to hold out given that I've got flights booked. And I did enjoy the one show I've seen from Ronnie's side, so I'm sure it will still be great.

I'm going out for a night of heavy metal covers of disco classics to celebrate!

smileys with beer

Date: February 22, 2019 23:55

Looks like the resale tickets are getting cheaper

Pit Houston $634 before Fees

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 23, 2019 00:58

runrudolph
Yeah. I hope everyone enjoys the us tour.really hope i will see the band soon in Argentina and after that Europe again??
I mean come on..Charlie will be 78 and has back problems.
Love this band. And i concentrate on seeing them again..not the new album so much.
Jeroen

Don't wait too long to see them.
You don't want to miss the boat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-23 01:00 by babyblue.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 23, 2019 03:22

Ask for those who know about prices in stones shows in usa! How much do you think the cheapest ticket for the first show in New Jersey could be worth a few weeks of the show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2019 05:22

makustone
Ask for those who know about prices in stones shows in usa! How much do you think the cheapest ticket for the first show in New Jersey could be worth a few weeks of the show?

As there are two stadium shows in NJ, I think you will see significant deals on both of these shows, including another round of Lucky Dips a few weeks before the shows as well as a fair amount of tickets at standard pricing open up (platinums/resellers not selling).

That said, I think to get a real "deal" (less than face) for that (or any) concert, you will have to wait longer.. a few hours before show time or days at best. A few $250 type pit tickets etc will be available on Stubhub et al as usual
and other tickets will drop there as well, but that usually involves patience and scouring the reseller sites for when the speculators have to recoup what they can. I personally still need one ticket for the second NJ show, and look forward to seeing what comes up last minute.

Date: February 23, 2019 06:11

makustone

There's a good chance of official price drops happening at some of the shows - especially Glendale which to borrow a phrase is "wide open".
They might add more Lucky Dips, or they might just try and drop the prices a percentage below what they currently are - not as cheap as Lucky Dips, but much cheaper than what they are.
I know from personal experience seeing prices for entire sections being reduced from the official standard price to much lower on ticketmaster, and there's also unsold VIP's being thrown back into the standard pot.
Happened in L.A. '13 - my sister jumped the gun and bought face value standard priced tix right when they went on pre-sale, and not long after that the standard prices in her section was dropped drastically.
I didn't tell her as I didn't want her to feel ripped off (which at the price she paid it was), but she fully enjoyed the show nevertheless- especially being able to see Mick Taylor w/the Stones.
Also at the overpriced *Vegas '16 shows - long before the date of the shows(including the cancelled show) there were entire sections with price drops officially on Ticketmaster.
There were members right here on IORR who bought tickets when the price drops started. Those are only two examples off the top of my head, but I know it's happened many times before in many different cities.
Though it can test your patience, history says there will be deals to be had - whether it's official price drops, more Lucky Dips, unsold VIP's, Groupon, Costco, stubhub, scalpers, etc., etc. etc. Patience is the key.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 24, 2019 05:56

I was wondering if anyone has had experience getting a shuttle ride to a Stones concert through a company called Rally, that I believe (from their postings) sets up bus ride shares to Stones concerts(and other events)? They appear to be offering shuttles rides to all the shows on this tour. For example, they are offering rides from quite a number of cities in Florida to the Hard Rock Stadium to see the Stones in Miami. Even rides from cities on the Gulf coast to Miami - quite a distance. I was never aware of them before. Are they connected to the Stones? (One of the shuttles that I believe Rally set up in San Francisco offers a ride to the Santa Clara show. On their website they display Stones logos. Could they use Stones logos to promote their service if they weren't associated with the Stones?)

Also, I am experiencing how difficult it is to get to Shows in the US (as compared to Europe) if you have to rely on public transportation. Cities in the US are designed for cars, not public transportation.

By the way, I see a few potential pitfalls relying on a shuttle: (1) if the shuttle doesn't show up, you miss the show and lose all the money that you spent for an expensive ticket. (2) The shuttles, I think, are scheduled to arrive at the stadium just before the start of the show. That doesn't give people much time to queue up early in line to get a good position in the pit. Also (3) I bet the buses play loud Stone's music all the way to the show. I don't want to get tired of hearing the Stones on the way to the show!

[rally.co]

[www.eventbrite.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 24, 2019 08:57

" they are offering rides from quite a number of cities in Florida to the Hard Rock Stadium to see the Stones in Miami. Even rides from cities on the Gulf coast to Miami - quite a distance. "

Untrustworthy

S. Florida is a banana republic, which has nothing to do with the USA. I'm trying to straighten things down here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-24 09:00 by Chris Fountain.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:00

Chris Fountain
" they are offering rides from quite a number of cities in Florida to the Hard Rock Stadium to see the Stones in Miami. Even rides from cities on the Gulf coast to Miami - quite a distance. "

Nope

S. Florida is a banana republic, which has nothing to do with the USA. I'm trying to straighten things out here.

Hi Chris, Could you explain? I am not sure what you are telling me. Thanks.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:02

Where are you staying what city in other words? Keep in mind that are 5 million people scrunched in a tri- county area surrounded by alligators

Date: February 24, 2019 09:06

Chris Fountain
Where are you staying what city in other words?

I am going to visit relatives in Naples. Then I was going to leave Naples and get a hotel for two nights near the stadium. But if I could take a shuttle bus to the stadium from Naples, that would save me a lot of money.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:10

Why not drive on Alligator Alley (I-75) and go directly to stadium Two hours at tops.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:14

Chris Fountain
Why not drive on Alligator Alley (I-75) and go directly to stadium Two hours at tops.

I don't have access to a car, (i actually haven't owned a car for years - i live in California where public transportation is really good), and i don't know the area well. But, i hear what you are saying. If i hired an uber/lyft/or even taxi driver, i would have more control over the situation. And it is doable to hire an uber/lyft/taxi driver because the distance is not that great.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:19

Thanks. And I am going to watch out for those alligators! (Yikes!)

Date: February 24, 2019 09:26

Would your relatives take you to the concert? Drop you off and they can go out for dinner or visit south beach. Once you get to the stadium my wife and I will help you navigate back to relatives. We can meet at the stadium - Miami is a car oriented city and it will be hard for your relatives to find you in the traffic. Maybe a taxi and destination point to meet your relatives is the first thing to be established from stadium.

From a concert standpoint - we will be traveling S to N and S to N (Stuart, Fl)

If you need help - just let us know. I can provide cell # if you get a jam in Miami.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-24 09:34 by Chris Fountain.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:32

My relatives are older and couldn't do the trip. But thanks for making me aware that the distance is not that great and that I should be able to come up with a solution. Thanks.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:39

OhYesMeAgain
My relatives are older and couldn't do the trip. But thanks for making me aware that the distance is not that great and that I should be able to come up with a solution. Thanks.

Please keep in mind that stadium parking charges could be $30. Just rent a car -go to concert and listen to Flowers on the way home-

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home