Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2018 19:42

Winning Ugly VXII
It's funny to hear "Midnight Rambler" now described as a warhorse.

They went for a period of more than 22 years with pretty much performing Midnight Rambler on only one tour. The '89/'90 tour.

After the 1976 tour,up until January of 1999,Midnight Rambler was only performed in 1989/1990 plus maybe 5 or 6 shows in 1995.

It has really only been SINCE the 50th anniversary that it has been a solid fixture. Also '69 to '76.

Yeah, it is a war horse nowadays, but for example I guess it was around my tenth show or something (El Ejido 2007) when I first got to hear it live, my first show being in 1995... That was a dream come true (although they screwed it big time then...). "Paint It Black" is another song with a rather recent war horses status (and "Street Fighting Man" having lost it by reduced to the rotation songs played occasionally like "Ruby Tuesday", "Wild Horses", "Angie", "All Down The Line" etc.).

- Doxa

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 28, 2018 20:50

Thanks for clarifying, bv. I'd be thrilled to go back to Buenos Aires and would love to check out Japan if these gigs come to fruition.

By the way, I live in Denver- If you or anyone else has any questions, etc please feel free to email me or post them on the Denver show page.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 28, 2018 22:10

bv
Gaetzi
What is the chatter here about Buenos Aires? Are there substantial rumors this may be in the works?

The day after the last show in Warsaw this summer, I posted this:

The Rolling Stones tours from now on

Nothing has changed since then, except people tend to forget what I said and then they mix up dreams and bad memory with their own private wish list.

Fact is still:

- USA Tour 16 shows April to June 2019
- Buenos Aires and Japan offers on the table at any time
- The European market is always open for more shows

During the spring, before they start the US tour, they will secretly and totally off contracts signal where they might be interested in going next. My best guess would be Japan, Argentina, Europe 6-12 months later, i.e. 2020.

If you want to see the Stones live, then make sure you understand what Keith just said in a recent interview:

"Maybe this will be the last one"

So Bjornulf, when u say "Japan, Argentina, Europe", do u mean in that order?

plexi

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: December 29, 2018 01:02

timbernardis
bv
Gaetzi
What is the chatter here about Buenos Aires? Are there substantial rumors this may be in the works?

Nothing has changed since then, except people tend to forget what I said and then they mix up dreams and bad memory with their own private wish list.

Fact is still:

During the spring, before they start the US tour, they will secretly and totally off contracts signal where they might be interested in going next. My best guess would be Japan, Argentina, Europe 6-12 months later, i.e. 2020.

If you want to see the Stones live, then make sure you understand what Keith just said in a recent interview:

plexi

Lets just get to this tour. "HELLO?"

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 29, 2018 07:04

Agreed, we're way ahead of ourselves here.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 30, 2018 00:27

swaff
timbernardis
bv
Gaetzi

Fact is still:

plexi

Lets just get to this tour. "HELLO?"
Keith said in RollingStone magazine that this might be the last time. And I guess he is right. Charlie is not young anymore... and they will not hire another drummer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 30, 2018 08:48

timbernardis

plexi

No.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 30, 2018 20:45

If they tour after the USA, the first stop will be Japan and then Australia before South America

Date: December 30, 2018 23:07

DREAMTIME
If they tour after the USA, the first stop will be Japan and then Australia before South America

Yes, that has been the pattern, hasn't it? Since 2012 anyway, maybe beyond that.

plexi

Date: December 31, 2018 16:37

DREAMTIME

I wish they could do another real Japanese tour, like they did March/April 2006, when they did Tokyo, Sapporo, Saitama, Nagoya (and Sendai was planned for, but did not happen due to logistics issues, as can be seen in the tour gap).

They could do multiple Tokyo Dome shows, also Budokan, and other cities in Japan. Then it is a relatively short travel down under.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 31, 2018 19:33

Random thought: It would be cool if they published set lists like a week in advance so hard core fans could travel- “they’re doing Moonlight Mile and Ruby Tuesday in Denver- man, I gotta go.”

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 31, 2018 21:55

bv
DREAMTIME

I wish they could do another real Japanese tour, like they did March/April 2006, when they did Tokyo, Sapporo, Saitama, Nagoya (and Sendai was planned for, but did not happen due to logistics issues, as can be seen in the tour gap).

They could do multiple Tokyo Dome shows, also Budokan, and other cities in Japan. Then it is a relatively short travel down under.

That would be a nice trip for you, BV. Happy new year to you! smiling smiley

Date: January 1, 2019 00:31

Report from the Broncos game at Mile High yesterday. My niece who was there said they played Satisfaction and that the "ushers/ticket scam folks had Stones lanyards on saying "No Filter"."

plexi

Edit: he meant the ticket scan folks, not scam but I only just now got his correction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-01 23:25 by timbernardis.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 1, 2019 10:21

bv
DREAMTIME

They could do multiple Tokyo Dome shows, also Budokan, and other cities in Japan. Then it is a relatively short bio

travel down under.

Maybe after USA, say sept. What ever happened to Canada??

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: January 1, 2019 17:33

Will the Stones release more tickets for East Ruterford? I'm getting a little nerves. I need four tickets.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 1, 2019 20:33

What's the consensus on GA floor? I had to buy several tickets, so it was really my only decent option, since I didn't want to see what may be my last Stones show from the nosebleeds. I like the idea of standing, and I'm tall anyway, but my 9 year old son is coming as well, so I'm thinking he might be relegated to staring at the giant video screens.

My last show was in 2015, and I had terrible seats in the rafters on the side, but the real shocker was the horrific sound (to the point where I had to move and "watch" the show from the concourses in the back of the stadium). It was a shame, because they apparently had a pretty good show.

Date: January 1, 2019 20:50

What show was that?

plexi

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 1, 2019 20:57

6/6/2015 Arlington

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2019 21:11

Sipuncula
What's the consensus on GA floor? I had to buy several tickets, so it was really my only decent option, since I didn't want to see what may be my last Stones show from the nosebleeds. I like the idea of standing, and I'm tall anyway, but my 9 year old son is coming as well, so I'm thinking he might be relegated to staring at the giant video screens.

My last show was in 2015, and I had terrible seats in the rafters on the side, but the real shocker was the horrific sound (to the point where I had to move and "watch" the show from the concourses in the back of the stadium). It was a shame, because they apparently had a pretty good show.

I think the GA floor tickets for this leg of No Filter will be good.
Not as good as in the UK where the GA floor section butted up against the Golden Circle area, but still better than rafter seats. With the four huge screens,longer catwalk and the sound system, the GA floor should be really good value for the money,I believe. I'm planning on trying to trade any nosebleed LD's I might get for the GA floor, as they are typically higher priced tickets it likely shouldn't be an issue (did exactly that in Cardiff and was no problem)

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 1, 2019 21:20

babyblue
bv
DREAMTIME

They could do multiple Tokyo Dome shows, also Budokan, and other cities in Japan. Then it is a relatively short bio

travel down under.

Maybe after USA, say sept. What ever happened to Canada??

Canada got Quebec City & Buffalo on the ZipCode 2015 tour. Now Canada gets Seattle. Also many Canadians fly to Florida, so you have that too!

Date: January 1, 2019 22:27

They wanted to brand the 2019 tour with the USA flag so then it sort of had to be a tour of USA. Sorry Canada, may be another time. Tthey played several shows in Canada since they started touring in 2012, and travel across the border is easy. In short, we are running on overtime already.

Bjornulf

Date: January 2, 2019 02:48

Quote Mister DDDD

as they are typically higher priced tickets it likely shouldn't be an issue

Explain.

plexi

Date: January 2, 2019 02:50

bv
They wanted to brand the 2019 tour with the USA flag so then it sort of had to be a tour of USA. Sorry Canada, may be another time. Tthey played several shows in Canada since they started touring in 2012, and travel across the border is easy. In short, we are running on overtime already.

Overtime indeed!

plexi

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 3, 2019 07:21

bv

....and YET we patiently wait for (any) new music, as if the band, and us, have ALL the time in the world.

Rod

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 3, 2019 12:41

Any news about New Orleans announcement, should be in January?

Ok Dudes Where?
Date: January 3, 2019 01:57

Might be the best usa destination and why? Try and be intelligent

Re: Ok Dudes Where?
Date: January 3, 2019 02:18

New York City- because it's the greatest city in the world, and the world's greatest rock band will be playing twice just a few miles away.

Of course, one doesn't need to be very intelligent to come to this obvious conclusion drinking smiley
(assuming that was the question of course cool smiley)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 3, 2019 02:23

...or Chicago. Always nice to hit the last show of a tour. Buddy might open or guest, or both.

Date: January 3, 2019 02:25

A fairly close second for me on this leg would be Chicago.
Again, a big factor for best city for me is seeing two shows without having to change hotels or travel cool smiley

Will be a first for me seeing the stones there, which is always great, and I always try to catch the last show of a tour if I can. When the days come that there will be no more Rolling Stones concerts, I want to rest assure that I saw every show that I could and particularly didn't waste the last opportunity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-03 02:25 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 3, 2019 02:25

If the question is where to go to see the Stones, go with either of the two above answers. Both fantastic cities to visit.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home