Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 99
Re: Any more Rumored Shows?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2018 01:09

What about the rumored NOLA Jazz festival show?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 4, 2018 01:11

Woz
But it’s their home......! LOLOL

Right!

So if we address a letter to the Stones at

Madison Square Garden
c/o the Rolling Stones
4 Penn PLZ
NY, NY 10121

They should get it, right?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 4, 2018 01:22

When in December will jazzfest be announced?

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 4, 2018 01:33

They're not gonna play arena and I don't think they will ever play arenas again.

The few remaining tours (if other(s) follow) will be massive stadium where they can get more people and, above all, more money. Preferably football stadiums of 60 000 - 70 000 people rather than baseball stadiums.

They could have played many stadiums in L.A but they went with the biggest one (Rose Bowl) I think, maybe with the exception of the LA Coliseum.

It seems to be the case in other cities, as well.

With 2 shows in NJ, forget about them playing at MSG.

I bought tickets for Foxboro 'cause I'm pretty sure that even if they announce a 2nd portion of a North american tour for next fall, there's no way we gonna have a show at the Montreal Bell Center, for example. Our big Montreal Olympic Stadium hasn't been used for concerts for very long time and Quebec City only has the Summer Festival as large venue and the Stones played there in 2015, so I don't expect them to come again in my province... Maybe Toronto with the Rogers centre.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2018 06:04

BluzDude
Hairball
I've heard vague rumours of a 2nd show from a friend who heard it from a friend, but the message was so vague by the time it got it me not even a city was mentioned!
If any, my guess would be Pasadena.

If you look at the tour schedule (Minimum every 4 days), there would need to be at least one more day between the Rose Bowl show and the Santa Clara show for the possibility of a second RB show, also they usually take 6 or 7 days off in the middle of these recent tours.....just saying....

Yeah I realize all that, but if they were going to add another (emphasis on the IF), Pasadena would make the most sense as far as demand goes - seems to be the best selling out of all of them (at least the ones I've looked at).

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 4, 2018 07:26

Would love a Beacon show in NYC between the 2 Metlife Stadium dates... One can dream :-)

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2018 09:42

timbernardis

Do u mean posts on each existing city thread that he puts up right after the tour is officially announced? Separate threads or just part of the existing city threads? I've not seen separate threads as such. Maybe they aren't necessary, but it sure seems the Shidoobeans have more going on party-wise than we do.

plexi

There are separate "party" threads to each city. For example see [www.tapatalk.com] Each city has its own sub-forum and the "party thread" can be found there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-04 09:44 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2018 09:54

timbernardis

Do u mean posts on each existing city thread that he puts up right after the tour is officially announced? Separate threads or just part of the existing city threads? I've not seen separate threads as such. Maybe they aren't necessary, but it sure seems the Shidoobeans have more going on party-wise than we do.

plexi

I don't really have time to organize 16 parties in 14 cities, but if others do have time, and are able to help in, then feel free to post suggestions in the threads related to each city.

Also, personally, I am not a big fan of parties. Any group of more than 2-3 people feels too busy for me, I am really a quit and private guy, unless the Stones are on stage anytime soon.

Having said that, I think it is great to meet other fans, typically at a place where it is possible to have a show meal, during the early afternoon show day, and I have been suggesting quite a few places to meet during the past decades, all over the world.

Some like to have pre-show parties in a bar, while I am more a fan of meeting people where it is possible to have a proper meal. The pubs we met up at during the tour in UK were great, same with Beer Haus in Las Vegas (even if it was for sure very crowded).

Normally I arrive into the next city the day after every show. Then I spend quite a bit of time looking for a place to meet up. Some times I simply do not find anything nice, other times I post a suggestion.

If you have suggestions for places to meet up for a drink and a meal, either centrally located in the city, then please post in the thread dedicated to the city, or send me an e-mail, and I will look into it. Also, if you are local, feel free to make suggestions. The place should have space, draft beer, food services and be quite central for public transportation.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 4, 2018 12:42

bv
timbernardis

plexi

I don't really have time to organize 16 parties in 14 cities, but if others do have time, and are able to help in, then feel free to post suggestions in the threads related to each city.

Also, personally, I am not a big fan of parties. Any group of more than 2-3 people feels too busy for me, I am really a quit and private guy, unless the Stones are on stage anytime soon.

Having said that, I think it is great to meet other fans, typically at a place where it is possible to have a show meal, during the early afternoon show day, and I have been suggesting quite a few places to meet during the past decades, all over the world.

Some like to have pre-show parties in a bar, while I am more a fan of meeting people where it is possible to have a proper meal. The pubs we met up at during the tour in UK were great, same with Beer Haus in Las Vegas (even if it was for sure very crowded).

Normally I arrive into the next city the day after every show. Then I spend quite a bit of time looking for a place to meet up. Some times I simply do not find anything nice, other times I post a suggestion.

If you have suggestions for places to meet up for a drink and a meal, either centrally located in the city, then please post in the thread dedicated to the city, or send me an e-mail, and I will look into it. Also, if you are local, feel free to make suggestions. The place should have space, draft beer, food services and be quite central for public transportation.

I totally agree with you, BV. I'm not a drinker & prefer a quieter setting. MGM Grand was good for small meet ups, given the variety of choices in the hotel or very close by. I saw some great shows there. I used to post on Shidoobee but there was an element there that weren't nice people & they tended to dominate, at least at the time I quit the site. In large part to you (thank you!), this site is much more civil. Who needs stress & ugliness at a place where you are trying to communicate with like minded people. Appreciate all of your good work here & look forward to hopefully meeting you in Seattle.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: December 4, 2018 14:52

hello question for those who know more here. Is there a real chance that in the next weeks more PIT will appear for METLIFE at a reasonable price between 500 or 600 dollars?

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: December 4, 2018 15:40

makustone
hello question for those who know more here. Is there a real chance that in the next weeks more PIT will appear for METLIFE at a reasonable price between 500 or 600 dollars?

Hi makustone,
that would be my question also smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2018 15:50

rstass
makustone

Hi makustone,

I would say with near certainty that there are more face value pit tickets to come, for all the shows. Not sure how many, or when, but when the various VIP packages don't sell out, the pit and other premium seats will pop up, along with the Platinum seats that don't sell..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 4, 2018 16:06

They will pop up in the coming months

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: December 4, 2018 17:04

I would think floor seats will pop up too.
There is no way in a town like Miami that those 1500+ seats sold out.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 4, 2018 17:46

MisterDDDD
rstass
makustone

Hi makustone,

I would say with near certainty that there are more face value pit tickets to come, for all the shows. Not sure how many, or when, but when the various VIP packages don't sell out, the pit and other premium seats will pop up, along with the Platinum seats that don't sell..

I am actually thinking they will have more pit seats but will play the platinum game reducing the spread over face as low as they need to. If they can get $50 above face on 1,000 tickets that is $50k in extra profit. In Europe it was either face or a package. They have taken the airline model with tickets and use it to their benefit and the fan's cost.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 17:48

MisterDDDD
potus43
That's cool! ll be there

Great!
There's a cool place right by MSG called "Stout".

Thats the spot for pre-show NYC. See you there!!
It's a lock that this will be the place.. cool smiley

Ms Troll! AHAHAHAHAH , you are sooo soooo funny lady

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 4, 2018 18:25

timbernardis
potus43
forsure
MKjan
potus43
forsure
rara
potus43
Like him or hate him Kid Rock does areas for under $50. He has a huge band etc and I imagine associated overhead costs

go ahead and watch Kid Rock then. I'm sure he's playing at MSG at some point, right..?

So long as he isn’t opening for the stones. He was so bad in Ohio State opening up for the stones. Some people seemed to dig him. Then he brought out “the guy who killed osama bin laden”. It was so cheesy

right! People who protect us by willing to give up their lives for us is "cheesy". Get a life

Kid Rock is terrible.

it has nothing to do with the guy that shot him that makes it tacky and out of place, it’s the act of trotting him out in the middle of his show, while he is wrapped in an American flag, singing some phones ass patriotic bullshit song, dragging us along to his right wing political bullshit agenda, and bringing that to a stones show that makes it pure cheese. I’ve got nothing against the serviceman. It’s kidrocks method and actions that made it beyond tacky.

Unlike the LEFT wing agenda most people have on this site?

You're asking for it Potus, but on the other hand, I think u r a troll and furthermore, I think bv will delete both of these posts.

plexi

Date: December 4, 2018 18:30

BluzDude
timbernardis
DeanGoodman
timbernardis
Does BV have any threads specifically for arranging meet ups/fan club gatherings in each city? He should, or one of us should do this for each show. I mean, something separate from the travel info for each city/show and specific to meet ups/gatherings. Stonesdoug on Shidoobee does this I think, not sure if it is a page on their website or just on their Facebook page, or both. Not sure exactly how they do it. Seems he has some specific way of doing this. Seems like there is a specific Web/FB page for it, or maybe one for each stop on the tour.

Whatever it is, it seems to work well as the Shidoobeean gatherings seem to be more frequent and regular than IORRian gatherings in the various cities on tours.

Someone may be able to shed more light on all of this.

plexi

He's been doing city-specific threads along these lines closer to show time, since the beginning of time.

plexi

The Shidoobees seem to have the market cornered on this, the few iorr get-togethers I attended were busts, one had 4 people, and I brought them all in.

The exception is when the iorr band has a gig.

Actually, Allan, there was a great multi-night party at the Pilot pub right across from the O2 during the final three shows of the ABB tour in 2007. Some of you here were there and will remember that including Gazza, Rockman, Beast, Mr. Jimmy, Man of Wealth and Taste, Paulywaul, Little Queenie, BV, and others I cannot remember just now. I mean, there was a pre party at the Pilot before EACH of the three shows and we had good numbers of people. And it was Gazza's idea. Was fantastic. So, we DO know how to party, just that we don't do it often enough.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-04 18:59 by timbernardis.

Date: December 4, 2018 18:39

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
DREAMTIME
BluzDude
timbernardis
DeanGoodman
timbernardis
Does BV have any threads specifically for arranging meet ups/fan club gatherings in each city? He should, or one of us should do this for each show. I mean, something separate from the travel info for each city/show and specific to meet ups/gatherings. Stonesdoug on Shidoobee does this I think, not sure if it is a page on their website or just on their Facebook page, or both. Not sure exactly how they do it. Seems he has some specific way of doing this. Seems like there is a specific Web/FB page for it, or maybe one for each stop on the tour.

Whatever it is, it seems to work well as the Shidoobeean gatherings seem to be more frequent and regular than IORRian gatherings in the various cities on tours.

Someone may be able to shed more light on all of this.

plexi

He's been doing city-specific threads along these lines closer to show time, since the beginning of time.

plexi

The Shidoobees seem to have the market cornered on this, the few iorr get-togethers I attended were busts, one had 4 people, and I brought them all in.

The exception is when the iorr band has a gig.

Maybe instead of always making pubs the place to party ie. drink beer, some of us would rather meet for the sharing of the peace pipe!!

These shows are all at football stadiums and have tailgating. Finding a spot in a lot near the stadium where people can park would be the best approach imho. The odds of me going to a bar/pub before a show to meet people is about as likely as a Stones, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix triple bill happening. A tailgate party a few hours before doors open could be fun. With gps links easy to find.

Agree. Back in the old shiddobee days when I used to post there, when I first signed up at the beginning of the Licks tour, they had a tailgate party at Anaheim stadium that was fantastic. Went to several others as well - including quite a few arena and club pre-show gatherings at pubs and bars around the world. I think the last one I went to was Vegas '13 , but still good friends with many of the old crew, some of who post here. And still have a couple of the old custom t-shirts - they certainly go all out! Speaking of which, might be time for bv to do another run of those classic IORR t-shirts made during ABB I think it was...probably more work than he wants or needs, but there would be many appreciative fans! Hint! smiling smiley

I saw a guy wearing one at the Prague show.

and I wore my IORR t shirt to the final rehearsal two days before the Dublin show this spring when some thirty five of us were gathered outside the stade including a number of the Argentinians and BV.

plexi

Date: December 4, 2018 18:42

BluzDude
ohmercy61
Went to a shedobbee party in Vegas them people know how to party it was great.

Yes, and especially in Dublin also....with lots of help from the Argentinians!smileys with beer

yeah, I went to the Shidoobee party a night or two before the show in Dublin as well at a pub called The Church. It was actually formerly a church. And another at Matt Lee's place before London 1, I think it was.

plexi

Date: December 4, 2018 18:44

sarahunwin
Still have my IORR T-shirt and the sweatshirt which I wore a few days ago smiling smiley

forgot about the sweatshirt, will have to dig mine out.

plexi

Date: December 4, 2018 18:49

Topi
timbernardis

plexi

There are separate "party" threads to each city. For example see [www.tapatalk.com] Each city has its own sub-forum and the "party thread" can be found there.

yeah, but that's Shidoobee. We need to do the same.

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2018 18:58

In New York we have been meeting up at Mustang Harry's since 1998, when The Rolling Stones played three shows at MSG Jan 1998. We more or less lived there before and after the shows, and I have many great memories from Mustang Harry.
'
[www.mustangharrys.com]

I will add this to the NY/NJ pages, then I am sure we may get further suggestions and advices in that thread.

Other Stones fan groups met up at Walters Bar, which also is nearby MSG. I walked over there every day in 1998, and met up with friends, but it is just a bar, quite noisy, and after the shows there was a cover band playing. I can't think of anything more disturbing after a Stones show, then having a cover band playing. I like to talk and rest, have a beer and a meal. They did not serve any food at Walters. Also, as I don't speak Englisg as first language, when 100 people talk loud, like people do in big cities, I don't catch every single word, not even if they talk Norwegian.

Bjornulf

Date: December 4, 2018 20:02

WHOO HOOOO

Got 2 for Denver PIT #1

$580 plus fees making it about $680 per ticket....OUCH!!

Still got Houston and Chicago #1 to go!

Date: December 4, 2018 20:04

jumpontopofmebaby
WHOO HOOOO

Got 2 for Denver PIT #1

$580 plus fees making it about $680 per ticket....OUCH!!

Still got Houston and Chicago #1 to go!

Probably could have waited and got them cheaper.....but 1 down 2 to go!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:08

Seeing occasional $499 floors popping up for Met Life here and there. Also "Limited View" side seats for $399, some right next to "Platinum" and "Resale" for much more.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:11

"Q. What is the message, musically, of the Rolling Stones in 2018?

A. Unity for the enjoyment of the people, because this world is so full of bad news. We just want to put a smile on people’s faces. Come out, bring your kids and have a great time. Just get lost in the music. [Laughs] we have at least three generations of fans out there now!"

Ronnie Wood totally stoked for upcoming Rolling Stones No Filter tour

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:31

Nice Post CR!

Ronnie Wood totally stoked for upcoming Rolling Stones No Filter tour

Date: December 4, 2018 20:43

What is the thought?

Like in Chicago. Is there still tickets to be had? Ticketmaster not showing all of what is left?

Are they just releasing a few at a time at the high price to create urgency?

Or is it what you see is what is left?

Date: December 4, 2018 20:52

also ....2017 no filter. what was the pit like. are people packed in tight?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home