Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 95 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:45

Hairball
No need to get upset with the reality of it all MisterDDD...some of us welcome the news of discounts and lowered prices!
It happens with almost every band that have overpriced tickets, and the Stones are no exception!

Not upset at all. Opposite.
I find the lengths some go to to disparage the band and the tours and the ticket prices and the.. kind of comical.

As for knowing about actual ticket price drops you don't have to worry about me.
I beat your "great deals" for *Vegas and Desert Trip shows by quite a bit for example and the only reason I know that for a fact is how often you boast and use it as examples of the lackluster sales etc. eye rolling smiley There's always great last minute deals for those that can wait.. Haven't we been over this?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:49

I'm not worried about you in the slightest, and didn't realize it was a competition to see who can get the best deals...strange way of looking at it.

As if on cue just posted in the Bob Dylan thread:

mikey C
They just dumped all the VIP Tickets...For Dylan April 7th,8th,9th Prague,Cz...Are on sale Now 1st and 2nd row....Good pickings..Ticketmaster.cz and Ticketportal.cz....Good hunting...Looking Forward a small venue.... Cap 2,200

Happens to the best of them - Dylan included!

Date: March 13, 2019 20:55

***Wasn't it you who received a refund for the first cancelled *Vegas show, and then bought a ticket at the box office for the second show?
If so, don't see how you could have possibly paid less than me which was apprx. $250 for floor seats that were originally priced at $750+ fees.
Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, and besides it's not a competition.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:35

Hairball
***Wasn't it you who received a refund for the first cancelled *Vegas show, and then bought a ticket at the box office for the second show?
If so, don't see how you could have possibly paid less than me which was apprx. $250 for floor seats that were originally priced at $750+ fees.
Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, and besides it's not a competition.

Nope.
Did receive a refund for the first show though, and those tickets I paid full face price for as my wife was with me and I wanted good seats, then she couldn't stay for the second.

Realize it's no competition, not trying to make it one, just stating facts.
The fact that I was able to wait until last minute and take advantage of the ever present last minute deals, doesn't translate to "poor sales" or "they had to discount it heavily" or official "deep discounts".

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:37

Hairball
I've never paid above face value for a Stones show, and never will- including VIP.

As the platinum and resale prices continue to decrease, and the overpriced/unsold VIP's continue to convert to standard pricing, there's only one direction the prices will go, and that is down with maybe a bit of fluctuation. Waiting patiently `for the inevitable discounts via Costco, Groupon, etc, with a very good chance of some official price drops that fall below standard face value - it's more common than not. And some shows are selling very poorly (Glendale for example), they might have to tarp off certain sections...though some refuse to believe it. Meanwhile Chicago II pit recently decreased to standard pricing, and there's bound to be plenty more where that came from, and possibly even official price drops that fall below that standard price as the dates gets closer.

EDIT: Maybe they'll start announcing more opening acts soon to help with some of the slower selling shows.

Nor me. Not for the Stones or any other artist. I've travelled to 3 Stones shows ticket less and got a big discount for 2 of them, including O2 Show 1, November 2012. The show that kicked off 'Part 3' of their career.

Last year they anounced a load of high profile support bands to boost UK gig sales, with some success. Some were local to the respective cities.
Only 5 weeks until it all begins and 12 until my 1st show in Boston. Looking forward to another great tour.

Date: March 13, 2019 23:56

MisterDDDD
...ever present last minute deals, doesn't translate to "poor sales" or "they had to discount it heavily" or official "deep discounts".

The fact is that alot of times, these deals aren't "last minute" - they happen when sales are going slow as was the case during the European leg when they added extra Lucky Dips. And they also found a way to unload some discounted tix on Groupon. And then they announced support acts as a way to pump up the sales. *Vegas '16 is another example when entire sections prices dropped well before the first show cancellation. Or Staples '13 - the same scenario - entire sections were having price drops well before the show. I know for a fact as my sister jumped the gun at full price, and not long after tix in her same section dropped in price by a third. None of these official price drops were "last minute". If the demand was truly there, there wouldn't be any price decreases at all...in fact they would probably continue to rise or "flex" via the platinum fraud. I see the continuous drop/decrease in prices as a reason to rejoice as do many others, while you seem to take personal offense at it for some odd reason. The deals happen almost every tour, and not just with the Stones (see Dylans latest ticket drop) - it shouldn't be surprising anymore.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:49

I want PIT for NY at $ 250! LOL

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 14, 2019 07:53

makustone
I want PIT for NY at $ 250! LOL

there's a lemonade stand in hell that i'm told is quite refreshing! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 14, 2019 13:13

ANy Chance Keith will break with tradition and do his two songs from Talk is Cheap!, as he is plugging the 30th re-release

The Eagles do solo stuff mixed in with the 'hits', it would shake the set list up a fair bit, as several solo songs started off in stones sessions

Of course Mccartney and Clapton have always mixed it up with no complaints

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2019 13:46

ukcal
ANy Chance Keith will break with tradition and do his two songs from Talk is Cheap!, as he is plugging the 30th re-release

The Eagles do solo stuff mixed in with the 'hits', it would shake the set list up a fair bit, as several solo songs started off in stones sessions

No.they dont mix stones and solo stuff.
Jeroen

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 14, 2019 19:31

Anyone know if and when rehearsals will start ??

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 14, 2019 19:40

ukcal

From a recent Keith interview:

- In more or less a month, the Stones begin to tour again. Have you ever discussed the idea of including some of your solo material in the band's repertoire?

- Eduardo…! (laughter) No. The Stones are the Stones... Personally, I could sing Take It So Hard or something like that. But, at the same time, it is about what would be appropriate or not. We have a lead singer and his name is Mick Jagger.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 14, 2019 22:29

Cristiano Radtke
ukcal

From a recent Keith interview:

- In more or less a month, the Stones begin to tour again. Have you ever discussed the idea of including some of your solo material in the band's repertoire?

- Eduardo…! (laughter) No. The Stones are the Stones... Personally, I could sing Take It So Hard or something like that. But, at the same time, it is about what would be appropriate or not. We have a lead singer and his name is Mick Jagger.

‘Trouble’ play ‘Trouble’ Keith Richards!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 15:29 by 35love.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2019 11:25

jaggerman
Anyone know if and when rehearsals will start ??

Probably end of March in London
Jeroen

Date: March 16, 2019 00:59

Santa Clara show/ from a Cupertino news source 1 day ago:

Visit [patch.com]... to find tickets. Enter the promo code "PatchTickets10" to get 10 percent off. Tickets start at $167. The show begins at 7:30 p.m.

[patch.com]

Richards will join Jagger on tour, along with Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts. The band's frontman said fans can expect a good night out, and that it'll be pretty high energy. The Stones also tailor each show to their audience.

"There's lots of regional differences, say between Houston and New York, so you've got to tune yourself to that a little bit," he told AP. "It's slightly about adjusting your set and attitude. It's different. It's nice that it's different, you don't want it to be completely homogenous. But it's great to be going around so many different areas, different states and so on."

Date: March 16, 2019 02:55

35love
Santa Clara show/ from a Cupertino news source 1 day ago:

Visit [patch.com]... to find tickets. Enter the promo code "PatchTickets10" to get 10 percent off. Tickets start at $167. The show begins at 7:30 p.m.

[patch.com]

Richards will join Jagger on tour, along with Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts. The band's frontman said fans can expect a good night out, and that it'll be pretty high energy. The Stones also tailor each show to their audience.

"There's lots of regional differences, say between Houston and New York, so you've got to tune yourself to that a little bit," he told AP. "It's slightly about adjusting your set and attitude. It's different. It's nice that it's different, you don't want it to be completely homogenous. But it's great to be going around so many different areas, different states and so on."

***OOPS that’s not a scalper, is it? ^ offering 10% off? LOL Ho Ho Ho

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 17, 2019 01:10

I truly can't believe the questions some interviewers ask and STILL ask about the Stones after all these years. I genuinely don't know how they put up with it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 18, 2019 12:38

I am very excited about the No Filter Tour 2019 and am looking forward to rocking out and enjoying the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the whole wide world . Preparations are under way and this will be momentous and very fulfilling for me .

Date: March 18, 2019 15:23

Maybe I'm mis-informed, but isn't it an actual clause in whatever contracts they have with each other, that they can not play solo career material at the Stones shows? It wouldn't surprise me.
Can you imaGINE Kith deciding to do "You don't move me" ? Haha..

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 18, 2019 21:05

Never seen any comments that they not allowed to play solo stuff- it is a gentlemans agreement...before the glimmers fell out so fingers crossed

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 18, 2019 21:37

ukcal
Never seen any comments that they not allowed to play solo stuff- it is a gentlemans agreement...before the glimmers fell out so fingers crossed

Maybe it's just common sense with such a vast catalogue to draw from, far greater than say the Eagles.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2019 01:50

kovach
ukcal

Maybe it's just common sense with such a vast catalogue to draw from, far greater than say the Eagles.

They did Sure The One You Need from a Ronnie solo album in Milwaukee in '75. Keith on vocals and Jagger/Richards credited however. The Eagles were also on the bill, ironically.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 19, 2019 02:59

Regarding playing solo material (from 30 years ago!)...

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 19, 2019 03:08

Oh come on... how could anyone think there'd be any solo material played during a Stones show? That's stupid.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 19, 2019 04:13

just not another dam beetle song. ok?
that's not too much to ask at a Stones concert.
yeh yeh peace and love this
to quote Long John Silver from Johnny and The Hurricanes mach whatever...
"So don't give me that brother, brother, brother, brother
No."
if they had to cover the dam beetles it shoulda bin little richard or larry williams; when the band had a little life to them. Pete Forever Ringo Never
Cry For A Shadow baby....
not really. i love ringo; it's not his fault he was a dam beetle
he did his best to add something original and keep them on the charts.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 19, 2019 19:12

A month out from the Stones tour opening show! I wake up a little easier every day knowing the Stones are still out there on the road.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 20, 2019 07:48

GasLightStreet
Oh come on... how could anyone think there'd be any solo material played during a Stones show? That's stupid.

Wont happen. Anyone know if Denver tickets have gone down in price.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 20, 2019 14:01

T-Minus 1 month!!!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 20, 2019 17:11

Isn't it so exciting during the buildup for a Stones tour? I can't wait for people to give live updates on the setlists during each show and song votes. 2 months and 24 days until I see them for the 3rd time at MetLife!!!!!! >grinning smiley<smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 20, 2019 20:54

TheGreek
I am very excited about the No Filter Tour 2019 and am looking forward to rocking out and enjoying the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the whole wide world . Preparations are under way and this will be momentous and very fulfilling for me .

Are you an AI?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 95 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home