Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 94 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 02:46

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine
I have to ask, I know it's trivial but it's been driving me nuts--why does everybody capitalize "PIT"? I mean, there may be a good reason that I just don't know.

To make it sound better. bigger, and more important than it really is?
In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail. Miss out on entire stage production, can't see all band members, lower quality sound, and packed in like sardines.
There's good reasons those seats behind the pit are more desirable - you have a designated spot, and the overall audio/visual experience is better.

And it has to be said, if the US floor plans are to scale, those Pits look substantially bigger than the European Pits of 2017 & 18 so I really don’t think we’re comparing like with like.

It's hard to say before we actually witness the first show and get firsthand reports, but seems it's going to be quite crowded within the standing pit section even if it is larger.
Whereas in Europe you had standing Golden Circle and regular GA behind that, the US shows have a limited number of reserved seats behind the pit. Once the limited reserved seats behind the pit are sold, they'll pack in as many as possible in to the pit itself. There might be some sort of regulation as to the amount of people allowed in the pit, but pretty sure every square inch will be occupied.

Only 6 weeks to wait for that first show. It will go in quickly. There are sure to be people getting into the Pits without Pit tickets too. Last year the pit seemed to get busier with every show. I was at Prague and Warsaw, but not in the pit. I'm told the pit was packed at both.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 11, 2019 10:29

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine
I have to ask, I know it's trivial but it's been driving me nuts--why does everybody capitalize "PIT"? I mean, there may be a good reason that I just don't know.

In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail. Miss out on entire stage production, can't see all band members, lower quality sound, and packed in like sardines.
There's good reasons those seats behind the pit are more desirable - you have a designated spot, and the overall audio/visual experience is better.

And it has to be said, if the US floor plans are to scale, those Pits look substantially bigger than the European Pits of 2017 & 18 so I really don’t think we’re comparing like with like.

It's hard to say before we actually witness the first show and get firsthand reports, but seems it's going to be quite crowded within the standing pit section even if it is larger.
Whereas in Europe you had standing Golden Circle and regular GA behind that, the US shows have a limited number of reserved seats behind the pit. Once the limited reserved seats behind the pit are sold, they'll pack in as many as possible in to the pit itself. There might be some sort of regulation as to the amount of people allowed in the pit, but pretty sure every square inch will be occupied.

BTW in Germany you had seated too behind the no filter pits.... But we will see it at the first show I'm Miami

Date: March 11, 2019 10:32

grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine

Only 6 weeks to wait for that first show. It will go in quickly. There are sure to be people getting into the Pits without Pit tickets too. Last year the pit seemed to get busier with every show. I was at Prague and Warsaw, but not in the pit. I'm told the pit was packed at both.

Agree in Dublin the no filter pit had so much space during the show. At the end of the tour it was full packed

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 11:26

thomas guitar
grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine

Agree in Dublin the no filter pit had so much space during the show. At the end of the tour it was full packed

In the other hand the pit was empty in Stuttgart. At least on Keith side

Date: March 11, 2019 11:33

hockenheim95
thomas guitar
grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine

In the other hand the pit was empty in Stuttgart. At least on Keith side

Ah good to know...in Stuttgart was the only show during the last Tour I was at the grandstand

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 12:18

Yep last year there were tons of people getting into the pit without having bought a ticket.
A funny example is the Warswa show, where I spoke to two young ladies with VIP passes in the PIT who I thought weren't that big Stones fans, but kind of enjoyed the show (at least until they left halfway through).
They told me they work as bar ceepers and served the management of the Stones the day before the show, they got the VIP pit tickets as a tip because the tour manager liked them.

Date: March 11, 2019 15:12

Stonesfan2146
Yep last year there were tons of people getting into the pit without having bought a ticket.
A funny example is the Warswa show, where I spoke to two young ladies with VIP passes in the PIT who I thought weren't that big Stones fans, but kind of enjoyed the show (at least until they left halfway through).
They told me they work as bar ceepers and served the management of the Stones the day before the show, they got the VIP pit tickets as a tip because the tour manager liked them.

It happened often in the past they picked up beautiful gals in the city for the front row... When they made a TV broadcast of the show ....so don't wonder... In the pits are about 40 % with VIP passes in my opinion

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 15:19 by thomas guitar.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 19:44

Stonesfan2146

I bought pit tickets a few times on Stubhub for the 50 and Counting tour and each time the tickets had no price, no seat location, just labeled COMP.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 11, 2019 20:45

Jeter1984
Stonesfan2146

I bought pit tickets a few times on Stubhub for the 50 and Counting tour and each time the tickets had no price, no seat location, just labeled COMP.

At what price did you buy them at that time?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 23:51

makustone
Jeter1984
Stonesfan2146

At what price did you buy them at that time?

Keep in mind it was 2013 and it was the arena tour, but I recall paying between $500-$700 a few days prior to the show. TM price for the tongue pit was $1300 or so for VIP.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 12, 2019 01:00

thomas guitar
Stonesfan2146

It happened often in the past they picked up beautiful gals in the city for the front row... When they made a TV broadcast of the show ....so don't wonder... In the pits are about 40 % with VIP passes in my opinion

U can have the pit too much standing.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: March 12, 2019 19:53

I don't think there have been any Start Me Up VIP PIT (yes, "PIT" all capitals!) tickets for sale for Pasadena (Keith or Ronnie's sides) for at least a couple of weeks. Do you think the PIT is all sold out (really sold out!) for Pasadena? Hairball, I think you have been watching the sales for Pasadena. What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 19:54 by OhYesMeAgain.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 12, 2019 21:31

OhYesMeAgain
I don't think there have been any Start Me Up VIP PIT (yes, "PIT" all capitals!) tickets for sale for Pasadena (Keith or Ronnie's sides) for at least a couple of weeks. Do you think the PIT is all sold out (really sold out!) for Pasadena? Hairball, I think you have been watching the sales for Pasadena. What do you think?

Yes. LA knows how to party, be my guess.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:50

OhYesMeAgain

I haven't paid much attention to Pasadena in a while as I'm already set w/ decent tix, but I know it was one of the best selling in the first couple of days.
There's a possibility the pit has sold out as there's lots of celebrities with tons of money to burn in the L.A. area, but it's hard to say.
My sites have been focused almost solely on Chicago II...waiting patiently for something to happen as far as lower prices - much lower prices than what's currently showing....patience....

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:07

Just got Pit 2 face value for Chicago 2 on Ticketmaster right now!

Date: March 13, 2019 04:24

Amy340

Nice. thumbs up

I don't think there's ever been face value pit's on either side for this show- not even during presales, though I wasn't looking until a couple of weeks after sales started.
May the prices continue to drop!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2019 04:29

Hairball
Amy340

Nice. thumbs up

I don't think there's ever been face value pit's on either side for this show- not even during presales, though I wasn't looking until a couple of weeks after sales started.

She said "face" value.. by definition there's been no price "drop".
Haven't we been over this?? cool smiley

Date: March 13, 2019 04:33

Well...the prices have "dropped" aka decreased from where they once were, and quite a bit at that.
May they continue to decrease more!

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:03

Thanks everyone who weighed in on the Pasadena show. It sounds like all PIT tickets may be sold. If the PIT tickets are all sold, do you think it is safer to buy a verified resale PIT ticket from TicketMaster or a PIT ticket from stubhub (or a PIT ticket from somewhere else!)? Thanks.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 13, 2019 09:44

OhYesMeAgain
Thanks everyone who weighed in on the Pasadena show. It sounds like all PIT tickets may be sold. If the PIT tickets are all sold, do you think it is safer to buy a verified resale PIT ticket from TicketMaster or a PIT ticket from stubhub (or a PIT ticket from somewhere else!)? Thanks.

I would be astounded if there were no more pit ticket sales. Looking at the TM map, there is no way they have sold all of those floor seats by this point.

syrel

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 13, 2019 09:48

The Philadelphia show has pits for $500.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 13, 2019 09:53

OhYesMeAgain
rid

I think they will release PIT tickets later.
Don't give up !
They can't sell those VIPs on those ridiculous prices ! and they will release those tickets as normal tickets step by step later.
If you do not get tickets on ticketmaster till May 3th. you have enough time to buy it stubhub or other place. ( do not forget to check the "all sold out" section here in iorr)

I was hunting for PIT1 ticket for both NJ shows.
I got them after 95 days ticket went on sale.

I learned 2 things:
1. Pit ticket will be release late afternoon or night in your local time
2. They release PIT ticket approx every 3 weeks

Of course it is not 100% sure it is only my experience.

Good luck !

Date: March 13, 2019 13:32

rstass
OhYesMeAgain
rid

I think they will release PIT tickets later.
Don't give up !
They can't sell those VIPs on those ridiculous prices ! and they will release those tickets as normal tickets step by step later.
If you do not get tickets on ticketmaster till May 3th. you have enough time to buy it stubhub or other place. ( do not forget to check the "all sold out" section here in iorr)

I was hunting for PIT1 ticket for both NJ shows.
I got them after 95 days ticket went on sale.

I learned 2 things:
1. Pit ticket will be release late afternoon or night in your local time
2. They release PIT ticket approx every 3 weeks

Of course it is not 100% sure it is only my experience.

Good luck !

You just have to keep checking, that's what I've been doing multiple times daily since tickets went on sale. For Chicago 2 and all shows I'm checking, the available sections change all the time. I only look under standard tickets, I take off premium, resale and packages. For an hour or two yesterday the Pit 2 for Chicago 2 showed up, and they were $495 plus fees.

Date: March 13, 2019 13:34

Hairball
Amy340

Nice. thumbs up

A friend of mine got Pit 1 for face value the day they went on sale. Yesterday they were $495 plus fees, under standard ticket. I take premium, resale and packages out of the search.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: March 13, 2019 15:34

MisterDDDD
Hairball
Amy340

Nice. thumbs up

they are now $1500, i have not seen anything that cheap ever on TM for either Chicago shows for PIT tickets. seems odd or just great luck.

Date: March 13, 2019 19:29

1985jayer
MisterDDDD
Hairball
Amy340

Nice. thumbs up

they are now $1500, i have not seen anything that cheap ever on TM for either Chicago shows for PIT tickets. seems odd or just great luck.

Standard face value for pit is $495, that’s what mine was. I chose standard ticket, not premium or resale. Total with fees was $533.93. The package price is $1,500. I didn’t search for any ticket type but standard.

Date: March 13, 2019 19:51

Amy340

Standard face value for pit is $495, that’s what mine was. I chose standard ticket, not premium or resale. Total with fees was $533.93. The package price is $1,500. I didn’t search for any ticket type but standard.

Exactly. The only way searching for tickets is properly done.

Those that use resale or package prices to go on about huge "price drops" etc. are trying to set the stage for their ongoing and relentless negative attacks on the band, and/or to justify spending more than face on a ticket. Not real sellouts, huge discounting to get the ticket sales, I got one for $250 etc.etc. Even when the sales numbers come out, they will continue with this nonsense. Hopeless.
Eventually they'll get a deal, because there's always last minute deals, and then use the "price drops" to claim their narrative was correct. Happens every time.

Date: March 13, 2019 20:06

I've never paid above face value for a Stones show, and never will- including VIP.

As the platinum and resale prices continue to decrease, and the overpriced/unsold VIP's continue to convert to standard pricing, there's only one direction the prices will go, and that is down with maybe a bit of fluctuation. Waiting patiently `for the inevitable discounts via Costco, Groupon, etc, with a very good chance of some official price drops that fall below standard face value - it's more common than not. And some shows are selling very poorly (Glendale for example), they might have to tarp off certain sections...though some refuse to believe it. Meanwhile Chicago II pit recently decreased to standard pricing, and there's bound to be plenty more where that came from, and possibly even official price drops that fall below that standard price as the dates gets closer.

EDIT: Maybe they'll start announcing more opening acts soon to help with some of the slower selling shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 20:14 by Hairball.

Date: March 13, 2019 20:16

See? cool smiley

Date: March 13, 2019 20:20

No need to get upset with the reality of it all MisterDDD...some of us welcome the news of discounts and lowered prices!
It happens with almost every band that have overpriced tickets, and the Stones are no exception!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899Next
Current Page: 94 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home