Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 9, 2019 07:20

Hairball
Haha...well since you've never been there before, it is a must-do and highly recommended at least once in your life!
Be thankful you have the opportunity and enjoy the show. thumbs up

where do you prefer if in the PIT? sides? back? front? I'm in no rush to be on the rail personally but would like to try and watch Charlie a bit if possible

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: March 9, 2019 07:50

San Fran lowers side stage 100’s of them pick a side TMaster

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2019 08:10

snoopy2
Hairball
Haha...well since you've never been there before, it is a must-do and highly recommended at least once in your life!
Be thankful you have the opportunity and enjoy the show. thumbs up

where do you prefer if in the PIT? sides? back? front? I'm in no rush to be on the rail personally but would like to try and watch Charlie a bit if possible

As others have mentioned, I'd opt for the back rail of pit as close to center as possible.

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: March 9, 2019 08:50

Seattle Pit TM

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 9, 2019 08:52

Yes, towards the centre at the back is a good position; if you are not so tall you may need to move away from the centre a little as you will have more room to find the right spot.

If you want to see Charlie, the pit on Ronnie's side is much better.

syrel

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 9, 2019 08:55

Jacksonville Pit 1 and 2 available for $500
Glendale Pit 1 $442.50
Sea Pit 2 available for $494.50
Philly Pit 2 available for $494.50
Landover Pit 1 and 2 available for $500

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: March 9, 2019 09:27

Thanks for the recap. Meanwhile, no pit at all available for Pasadena.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2019 18:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-09 19:05 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 9, 2019 20:10

swimtothemoon
Just picked up a pit ticket Keith’s side for a total of $550.00 including fees.
think this is face value. Did this about 3am US central time Friday morning.

For what show Tom?

plexi

Edit -- I see u answered the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-09 21:24 by timbernardis.

Date: March 9, 2019 21:46

Hairball
Aquamarine
I have to ask, I know it's trivial but it's been driving me nuts--why does everybody capitalize "PIT"? I mean, there may be a good reason that I just don't know.

To make it sound better. bigger, and more important than it really is?
In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail. Miss out on entire stage production, can't see all band members, lower quality sound, and packed in like sardines.
There's good reasons those seats behind the pit are more desirable - you have a designated spot, and the overall audio/visual experience is better.

I will comment on each of your comments about the pit Hairball:

In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail -- well, yes and no. You will see the band closer than anywhere else, especially good for seeing the expressions on their faces, body language, and interaction between them. Paris 2 was the first time I was in the pit/Pit/PIT and I was just blown away. I had forgotten just how truly great they really are and all the reasons I ever loved the Stones came home to me WITH A VENGEANCE. And you could see that they were really into it and not just going through the motions, cashing it in. You won't see those things if u are not in the pit/Pit/PIT

Miss out on entire stage production - true

can't see all band members - yes you can, but maybe not some of the supporting musicians (qualification -- on Keith's side, a clear, uninterrupted view of Charlie is interrupted by his cymbals, but you do see him every time he hits the cymbal on that side, it just goes back and forth of course)

lower quality sound - I thought the sound was great in there which was another reason why Paris 2 was so impressive AND I thought the band was amazingly tight.

and packed in like sardines - overall, I found it to be OK. Paris 2 I was in the equivalent of the fourth row and it was not packed, and Dublin and London 2 I was on the rail so really had no problem there either.

Paris 2 was my 50th show and was the greatest Stones show I have ever seen, and to date.

And as Beast would say, "it's pit or nowhere." This, coming from the Queen of the Rail.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-09 21:49 by timbernardis.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: March 9, 2019 22:32

Did anyone notice the full blocks of limited view seats disappearing, reappearing and disappearing again in NJ? Is that to stimulate FOMO?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 9, 2019 23:38

timbernardis
Hairball
Aquamarine
I have to ask, I know it's trivial but it's been driving me nuts--why does everybody capitalize "PIT"? I mean, there may be a good reason that I just don't know.

In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail. Miss out on entire stage production, can't see all band members, lower quality sound, and packed in like sardines.
There's good reasons those seats behind the pit are more desirable - you have a designated spot, and the overall audio/visual experience is better.

I will comment on each of your comments about the pit Hairball:

In a massive US stadium show, not the best location especially right on the front rail -- well, yes and no. You will see the band closer than anywhere else, especially good for seeing the expressions on their faces, body language, and interaction between them. Paris 2 was the first time I was in the pit/Pit/PIT and I was just blown away. I had forgotten just how truly great they really are and all the reasons I ever loved the Stones came home to me WITH A VENGEANCE. And you could see that they were really into it and not just going through the motions, cashing it in. You won't see those things if u are not in the pit/Pit/PIT

Miss out on entire stage production - true

can't see all band members - yes you can, but maybe not some of the supporting musicians (qualification -- on Keith's side, a clear, uninterrupted view of Charlie is interrupted by his cymbals, but you do see him every time he hits the cymbal on that side, it just goes back and forth of course)

lower quality sound - I thought the sound was great in there which was another reason why Paris 2 was so impressive AND I thought the band was amazingly tight.

and packed in like sardines - overall, I found it to be OK. Paris 2 I was in the equivalent of the fourth row and it was not packed, and Dublin and London 2 I was on the rail so really had no problem there either.

Paris 2 was my 50th show and was the greatest Stones show I have ever seen, and to date.

And as Beast would say, "it's pit or nowhere." This, coming from the Queen of the Rail.

plexi

I was at Paris 2 2017 in Pit B, blast blast blast!

My advice: just show up, get in your correct que/line, and go from there...

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: March 10, 2019 00:46

Hi! does anyone has got experience about "limited view" tickets for example New York's stadium? Are they very bad?
thank you

ps.im italian and i am going to buy a ticket

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 10, 2019 01:10

hilary
Hi! does anyone has got experience about "limited view" tickets for example New York's stadium? Are they very bad?
thank you

BAD. YOU WILL ONLY SEE CATWALK.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 10, 2019 01:16

timbernardis
swimtothemoon
Just picked up a pit ticket Keith’s side for a total of $550.00 including fees.
think this is face value. Did this about 3am US central time Friday morning.

For what show Tom?

plexi

Edit -- I see u answered the question.

Hi Plexi. That was for the Seatle show. Works well as my cousin lives there -
at least that’s my excuse! I checked last night and they were priced the same.
Not sure if the pit tickets $498 during the day or just late at night.

Posted by: anoyola ()
Date: March 10, 2019 01:33

I have two lucky dips available for The Rosebowl. I can’t use them because my senior prom is the same night so I’m looking for two LDs for Santa Clara. If anyone has them please let me know. I was going to see them at T-Mobile arena in 2016 but the show was cancelled sad smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 10, 2019 02:12

DREAMTIME
hilary
thank you

BAD. YOU WILL ONLY SEE CATWALK.

You can check various "View From My Seat" web pages. $400 + fees is pretty steep to just see the catwalk.

Date: March 10, 2019 08:46

anoyola
I have two lucky dips available for The Rosebowl. I can’t use them because my senior prom is the same night so I’m looking for two LDs for Santa Clara. If anyone has them please let me know. I was going to see them at T-Mobile arena in 2016 but the show was cancelled sad smiley

I might take them. E mail me. Don't know if they are transferable.

plexi

Date: March 10, 2019 11:01

im pretty sure Ticketmaster could just change the name of the ticket holder

Date: March 10, 2019 11:37

also does anyone know if GAfloor is a good view or not?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 10, 2019 19:02

anoyola
also does anyone know if GAfloor is a good view or not?

Yes if you stand on a box and none of the 50,000 people in front of you hold their arms in the air taking crappy photos on their iphones.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 10, 2019 19:33

Hairball
Aquamarine

And it has to be said, if the US floor plans are to scale, those Pits look substantially bigger than the European Pits of 2017 & 18 so I really don’t think we’re comparing like with like.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2019 20:24

grzegorz67
Hairball
Aquamarine

And it has to be said, if the US floor plans are to scale, those Pits look substantially bigger than the European Pits of 2017 & 18 so I really don’t think we’re comparing like with like.

It's hard to say before we actually witness the first show and get firsthand reports, but seems it's going to be quite crowded within the standing pit section even if it is larger.
Whereas in Europe you had standing Golden Circle and regular GA behind that, the US shows have a limited number of reserved seats behind the pit. Once the limited reserved seats behind the pit are sold, they'll pack in as many as possible in to the pit itself. There might be some sort of regulation as to the amount of people allowed in the pit, but pretty sure every square inch will be occupied.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 10, 2019 21:20

Should it now read: ' US and Canada Tour 2019' ?

Date: March 10, 2019 21:41

what does this message mean? I got it when I tried to post parts of a lengthy article:

Phorum Database Error
Sorry, a Phorum database error occurred.
The error message has been written
to the phorum-sql-errors.log error log.
Please try again later!

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-10 21:47 by timbernardis.

Date: March 10, 2019 21:57

timbernardis
what does this message mean? I got it when I tried to post parts of a lengthy article:

Phorum Database Error
Please try again later!

plexi

It happens to me also.
It means (I think) that you have lost the connection and cannot post your message.
So, if it's a lengthy tome, take a photo of the message, for when you draft again and then submit.

Date: March 10, 2019 22:06

jlowe
timbernardis

Phorum Database Error
Please try again later!

plexi

It happens to me also.
It means (I think) that you have lost the connection and cannot post your message.
So, if it's a lengthy tome, take a photo of the message, for when you draft again and then submit.

Well, I am able to get onto other websites plus I tried it in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, all three and got the same message. And I have saved it as a Word document as well. Has it worked for you when you tried it later?

plexi

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 10, 2019 22:15

Anything else on opening acts?

Date: March 10, 2019 22:18

timbernardis
jlowe
timbernardis

Phorum Database Error
Please try again later!

plexi

It happens to me also.

Well, I am able to get onto other websites plus I tried it in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, all three and got the same message. And I have saved it as a Word document as well. Has it worked for you when you tried it later?

plexi

Well, I just logged out of iorr, then logged in again and redrafted the message and re submitted. Always worked but a bit of a pain!

Date: March 10, 2019 23:14

Well I just logged out on all three browsers and in fact closed the pages but same

Maybe my post is too long? Are there limits?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-10 23:15 by timbernardis.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home