Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 2, 2019 01:49

Nice article, Cristiano. Thanks for sharing. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2019 04:34

Yes interesting article and an amazing photo - thanks Cristiano. thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 2, 2019 04:42

I enjoyed reading that too, thanks for posting!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2019 04:50

Yes, thanks for sharing that.

Love this line...
“We want to give an experience that you can’t have on the internet,” he says. “You have to be there. People still fundamentally want to experience music live, and bands want to perform live."

This stage works so well live.. It somehow, different from other stages, makes you feel closer to the action while the band seems to be playing closer together on stage. The screens, actually add something special to the performance as well imo.

Also makes the pit not necessarily the best ticket in the house as you can't really soak in the entire spectacle from there, not being able to see much of the screens or the whole band. With the t-stage being eliminated and no Golden Circle, that is probably not as accurate as the other legs of the tour though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 05:06 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 2, 2019 06:13

Nice reading thanks

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 2, 2019 07:05

My pleasure, folks! smileys with beer

Hairball
Yes interesting article and an amazing photo - thanks Cristiano. thumbs up

Amazing photo indeed, taken by Manfred H. Vogel in the 2017 Hamburg concert (strange that it was uncredited on that Billboard article).

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 2, 2019 09:45

very consistently wonderful gifts you bring Christiano.
Love this trend or tendency toward projecting more intimacy.
I guess it's the 'star turn' on each one, several on Mick
and so on...but they are super pro and not in the way.
I think what's always fascinated me most about first seeing
them live, and also later tours, was the interaction.
the real 'action' of interplay, cues, little signals or 'looks'
that were expressive of their true natures and working relationship;
all of them really, but sure especially the glimz.
that's the crazy magical little stuff a fanatic covets when their
in love with their band or stars from afar. they end wrong and
mick cracks up and looks at keith laughing; it showed, not insolence,
but playfulness, coolness under pressure; assured of who they were
and what they were doing. and all that. those little expressive things
that kept the train on the track. mick still checks in with charlie
regularly at work; sure it's showy to have the movement of up stage/down stage,
and let the others take a step up or sideays; basic kinda 'giving them the shot,' which is not exact but damn close to an offhanded keith remark around
the 03 Tour, which i did not see live but saw the HBO special and thought
it very very very great job at Madison Square Garden in what what then, ha ha, the 'late going,'....you know, decades ago when they turned old...
but i skipped the point with a vacillation, how hoppy doh...i think Mick
Needs that pump from Charlie. I think he goes there for food man.
he goes there for quick charge; it's that Midnight Rambler thing.
that stomp or skip; but boy when he is heading there he is intentional.
and it's exciing showmanship; cause Charlie is there for him;
they ARE there for each other; they are old pros and all that but
it's still a tight rope walk; Charlie doesn't do that Harlem Queen Shimmy
Hip Shake to be cute for the magazines or documentaries.
he's getting that blood pumping and those limbs limber, he's going to work.
that flash when it starts. it's always a thrill. it's history every time now; maybe it always was if you get so close to the rhythms that you depend on them.
i seriously go to All Down The Line when I'm in trouble.
Maybe it's imprinting. I got kicked when i was a puppy and now it's too late.
that's what i call good luck and great fortune even amidst poverty.
where the blues started and where the true blues really lives in tragedy
as much as show business triumph.
whoa. mick looks super. he looks fit, vibrant, charged....full on...
he is singing great. i'm not sure about the guitarists; that's not a slam.
i'm just not sure. hopefully it's tight; and when it gets loose it's a natural groove not just keeping their eye on the time clock; i don't mean salary;
i mean just keeping a big stage band like that 'together' in a stadium.
forty feet from each other or something...
...they are pros. jeepers on tv when they were puppies...working it hard
and fine and right. even the lip synch jobs. tho of course the truly live
stuff is precious. that's why i listen to Got Live If You Want It. Kidding.
it's good they're in the States; it feels good.
glad you're here boys.
thanks for coming.
don't block the periscopes. the OGs are still with you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 09:58 by hopkins.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 2, 2019 10:04

If I might make just one suggestion for the video production team Director,
every time the clipboard says 'quick cut to chuck,' just go to Darryl.
thanks

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 3, 2019 07:50

I've reached my official "Ef off" stage with these re-sale scalp jobs.. Time to go the tried and true route and wait until a few days before or even day of show..

On side note, during Zip Code I gave away three sets (6 tkts total) of good seats in exchange for people performing an act of kindness towards another person (or animal) all from my own pocket -- and I ain't rich, or even in the neighborhood

But I got accused of "making people jump thru hoops" for tickets lol.. Well, if I happen to come by a couple extra for this tour I'll ask people to "jump thru hoops again" and in exchange for an act of kindness you'll get two decent tkts to one of the shows, from my own pocket. Why? Cuz life is too effin short to be a bastard smiling smiley

As for these inflated scalp jobs... F to the O

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 5, 2019 16:15

TooTough
Stones ticket page - new layout, new regular tickets available,
for instance Landover, Pit 2 for 500

The ticket link page on Rolling Stones.com no longer has the Lucky Dip option. On the past tours it always remained there after the initial sales date and as shows neared they would reactivate the option for ticket drops. Just wondering if they will reinstate the LD button as the tour start date nears.

Posted by: Tilla ()
Date: March 5, 2019 16:16

Did anyone outside of the US have problems purchasing tickets through ticketmaster.com? I'm pulling my hair out....

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 5, 2019 16:40

Refresh your browser and empty the cookies and try again. Or, try using a different browser.

Date: March 5, 2019 16:55

Woz
Refresh your browser and empty the cookies and try again. Or, try using a different browser.

Thanks, done all that.. giving me expiry date issues (even though it's correct and not expiring anytime soon) and then nothing happens until it accepts the expiry date, then again nothing happens and until x-th clicking on Purchase Now it tells me I should use a different card (my friend has tried with two different credit cards from a different computer and same thing) -.-

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 18:28

Tilla
Did anyone outside of the US have problems purchasing tickets through ticketmaster.com? I'm pulling my hair out....

Yes, had problems too. TM did not accept my card. Phoned the CC company, and they said it blocks automatically, because of the international payment in combination with large amount of money. Their logarithms see this as 'suspicious' and potential malicious use of the card. After they unblocked it, it worked.

Date: March 5, 2019 19:12

jackflash27
Tilla

Yes, had problems too. TM did not accept my card. Phoned the CC company, and they said it blocks automatically, because of the international payment in combination with large amount of money. Their logarithms see this as 'suspicious' and potential malicious use of the card. After they unblocked it, it worked.

I actually hadn't thought of that.. Will give that a try, thanks!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 5, 2019 19:37

It's always a good idea to contact your credit card company, to let them know your intentions, before making an international purchase

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 6, 2019 01:41

Bluz Dude is right. I often use my debit card and my bank seems to freak out whenever I make not only an international purchase, but often even an out of state purchase. Overkill. They are so worried about fraud it's ridiculous.

This bank also will not allow you to make transactions in the UK, period. They said they have had too many problems in the past with UK purchases. France was OK when I got my Paris tix two years ago. I did not have another card, nor even a credit card when Dublin and London tix went on sale last year. I ended up buying pit tix from a member of this board when he ended up not being able to join the tour til later. Face of course. Most everybody on IORR is willing to do that, we don't rip each other off.

And I finally got a credit card (two actually) just days before we flew to Dublin so just squeaked in under the wire so I was able to use those anywhere. But to be sure, I told them where I was going, for what dates, and to expect charges in those countries so I didn't have any declined transactions for fish and chips in London, LOL. Or any other transactions. I mean, what if I couldn't buy a beer at the Hope and Anchor in London and not see Bluz Dude perform with the IORR band??!! Or been able to buy a train ticket from Dublin to Belfast so I could go visit Gazza. Those things would have killed my whole tour. I might as well have gone home.

Also, it's a good idea to carry multiple monetary resources -- credit card or two from different banks and/or different credit card companies, a debit card, cash -- all just in case. So if there is a problem with one, you have another resource.

And the American god of European travel, Rick Steves, says to make fotocopies of your credit cards and bury them somewhere in your luggage to make them easier and quicker to replace if stolen.

I have done my homework when it comes to this stuff and believe me, it pays off, sometimes literally!

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-06 01:45 by timbernardis.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 6, 2019 02:06

My AMEX card is the most user friendly for international purchases IMHO.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 6, 2019 03:22

I did not call my CC company trying to purchase No Filter 2017 tix, and was unable...

Last summer, I was prepared and gave them a window from ticket purchase in February until end of June for my travels to the UK, no problems at all.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 6, 2019 03:22

virgil
TooTough
Stones ticket page - new layout, new regular tickets available,
for instance Landover, Pit 2 for 500

The ticket link page on Rolling Stones.com no longer has the Lucky Dip option. On the past tours it always remained there after the initial sales date and as shows neared they would reactivate the option for ticket drops. Just wondering if they will reinstate the LD button as the tour start date nears.

I was just going to make this same comment. Have been checking Lucky Dip status every day and all of a sudden they are not there. Am hoping for last minute Lucky Dips for Glendale. I am not liking the new Stones website design.

Date: March 6, 2019 11:34

Thanks for all the insights guys,
I would have thought the days of having to let your bank know about this stuff was over, but I guess if anything now more than ever. They should have an algorithm for Stones tour dates and account behaviour, haha.
We'll try again, I'm not worried about ending up with no tickets, just bummed because not one but two pairs of great seats have been snapped away now.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: March 7, 2019 00:18

What do you think the odds are that more standard priced tickets will be released on Ticketmaster for the Rose Bowl show or other well sold shows? I would really like to get pit in LA (and trust me when I say that I HATE dropping $500+ as it is for a ticket but compared to the resale secondary scalper market, that would be a bargain). No chance I am paying the scalper price.

Don't they usually hold tickets back in those non-assigned seat areas? But for a show like Pasadena that has sold so well, I'm concerned...know there are Start Me Up packages remaining but again, $1600 + is not in the budget.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-07 00:19 by Benjiboy13.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: March 7, 2019 02:22

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Pasadena pit, especially since Keith's side hasn't had any available at any price for weeks now.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 7, 2019 04:28

IMHO I believe tickets will be selling below original standard prices. The whole ticketing scheme is really such a bad legacy. You already can get 10th row center for $600 in NYC on Ticketmaster direct.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 7, 2019 05:13

I have never paid more then 100 USD/80 Euro......Ever!!!!!! Since 1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 7, 2019 06:04

mikey C
I have never paid more then 100 USD/80 Euro......Ever!!!!!! Since 1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what kind of seats or standing positions have u had?

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 7, 2019 07:36

DREAMTIME
IMHO I believe tickets will be selling below original standard prices. The whole ticketing scheme is really such a bad legacy. You already can get 10th row center for $600 in NYC on Ticketmaster direct.

Not sure $600 for NYC is a good deal. There is no NYC show this tour.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 7, 2019 07:53

Hi there,

PIT1 NJ june 13th available for face value 499,5+fees !
I just score one !

Have a nice day !

Date: March 7, 2019 08:00

Edit:
PIT1 ticket for june 13th gone but june 17 available !

Date: March 7, 2019 08:02

PIT1 june 13th is back !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home