Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 24, 2019 09:42

Thanks. I will let you know if I get in a jam. I appreciate that. Thanks again.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 24, 2019 09:47

OhYesMeAgain

Yup we want all true stones fans at the event!!!!

Date: February 24, 2019 09:47

Thanks!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 24, 2019 10:00

OhYesMeAgain

I have lucky dip tix and proximity will be unknown but in case of minor emergency or if you like to meet some geezers prior to concert at Stadium only my cell # is 772-382-9712. Just shorts and shirt is all that is needed at this very important concert.

All these preemptive plans are useless. Just go to the damn concert and let's all have a good time Shit - life is short and I have decided to be happy and not worry about logistics of a damn concert and let it happen as it may!!!!!

Date: February 24, 2019 10:17

Now that is the best advice!
Thanks again!
(And thanks for the cell no.)

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 25, 2019 14:52

^^^
Hi OhYesmeAgain,
I will be very near North Naples in April and am seriously considering going to the Miami show. No ticket yet - I was hoping for a Pit price drop closer to show date. If I'm lucky enough to score a Pit ticket (@ or near face) or a decent seat on Keith's side, I'll go, but I'm a bit nervous about driving to Miami by myself as I'm totally unfamiliar w/ the area. It would be preferable to have a companion in the car to read the driving directions to me, as opposed reading them myself while simultaneously trying to drive safely in big-city traffic. I'd hate to miss a turn and end up missing part of the show (that happened to me in '94). Again, I don't even have a ticket yet, but if I do score one, and if you are a non-obnoxious, non-homicidal individual who promises to obey the law and refrain from smoking while in my car, please feel free to get in touch smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 13:51 by Plink.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 25, 2019 17:43

Hi Plink,

Hopefully I can put your mind at ease a bit. Driving from north Naples to the show in Miami will involve driving in exactly zero big city traffic. You will be driving due east from Naples to the stadium where the concert is on a 4 lane divided very nice highway for about 75 minutes. The stadium is about 17 miles north of downtown Miami and about 5 miles west of I-95 which is the major north south highway here. If you go from Naples to the concert, you will never be any where near downtown Miami or even I95 so no big city type driving at all. There will be a lot of slow moving traffic around the stadium area but only because of the masses of people trying to get to the stadium. If you get there a few hours before show time there will be zero issues at all.

Date: February 25, 2019 17:44

New great floor seats showing up for Chicago #2. And prices are falling!

I need Chicago #1 to add seats and get cheaper!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 26, 2019 00:24

Hi Keefmick,
THANK YOU for the detailed route info! It is much appreciated and certainly does ease my mind about making the drive to the Hard Rock smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 26, 2019 05:42

Plink, I hope to see you there!
Are you going with your dad or who? Write me if you want.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 26, 2019 09:30

Thank you Keefmick and Plink. Plink, I will try to email you tomorrow. Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-26 20:03 by OhYesMeAgain.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: February 27, 2019 03:47

I may have a lucky dip for miami

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 27, 2019 22:20

The route from Miami to Naples used to be called alligator alley but this was changed. Not to worry. I drove on that POS when it was two lane and kinda dangerous. Now it is two lane and divided.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 1, 2019 01:02

[twitter.com]
Stoneage last May, tuning up for some shows.
a teaser maybe a pleaser
i need some news even if i have to make it up.
where's the dern rehearsals buddies?
kinda excitin' gotta admit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 01:03 by hopkins.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 1, 2019 02:28

Date: March 1, 2019

^ That part is exciting, we’re closer!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 1, 2019 03:52

yep rehearsals set to start this month; i'm pretty sure that came from the top.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 1, 2019 18:16

Stones ticket page - new layout, new regular tickets available,
for instance Landover, Pit 2 for 500

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 1, 2019 18:34

Would love opinions on the Unreserved GA Field seating. Worth it?? Risky?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 1, 2019 18:38

TooTough
Stones ticket page - new layout, new regular tickets available,
for instance Landover, Pit 2 for 500

Yes noticed the new layout, but don't see much of a difference in pricing and availability for Chicago II yet (the main one I've kept my eye on). For instance, Pit Ronnie side still at $767+verified resale.
It has been fluctuating/flexing a bit since the initial sale started (various blocks of tix appearing, some VIP's converted to standard, etc.), but maybe now things will shake up quite a bit more...

Date: March 1, 2019 18:58

Well - in the blink of an eye since I just posted the above, something odd happened when I refreshed the Chicago II TM page.
The interactive map was replaced with a standard seating chart - Pit Ronnies side now down to $698+.
Reset tickets, and it went back to interactive, but the $698's are still there...thing are slowly but surely shaking up!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2019 19:22

Anything other than standard ticket pricing obviously are not price drops..
They will fluctuate by design and not surprising to most, will come down in time when they don't sell for the inflated price.

I think part of why some are priced so high is to entice the unsophisticated buyers to buy when they "drop" to face or even above.. "wow only $580" for a ticket valued at $440 face.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 1, 2019 19:27

I hope they fall very soon because there are 4 months left for NY and Chicago and I want my pit now!

Date: March 1, 2019 19:32

Obviously not official standard priced ticket drops - yet (haven't we been through this?).
I don't see anybody saying there are official 'price drops' happening, but the fact is prices are continuously "dropping" or "flexing" , or "fluctuating" downwards - call it whatever you want.

makustone
I hope they fall very soon because there are 4 months left for NY and Chicago and I want my pit now!

Patience makustone....4 months is a long time, and they'll try and squeeze every penny they can before dropping to a reasonable price.
A very good chance you will be able to get tix below current standard face value for any show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 19:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 1, 2019 19:44

Hairball
Obviously not official standard priced ticket drops - yet (haven't we been through this?).
I don't see anybody saying there are official 'price drops' happening, but the fact is prices are continuously "dropping" or "flexing" , or "fluctuating" downwards - call it whatever you want.

makustone

Patience makustone....4 months is a long time, and they'll try and squeeze every penny they can before dropping to a reasonable price.
A very good chance you will be able to get tix below current standard face value for any show.[/[/b]quote]

I would say that's a racing certainty. It was for every UK show last year with many lucky dippers unable to give away their spares including some Pits! I've now booked all accommodation and travels for my mini tour (Boston + 2 x NJ) and have no worries whatsoever. I'm pretty certain will be some great deals for those prepared to wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 19:49 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2019 19:51

Hairball

So defensive.
Just an observation...

Not sure "we been though this" (lol) but, the excitement expressed at the
notion of things "shaking up" and enthusiasm about tickets priced 30%+ above face seems naive at best.

Date: March 1, 2019 19:56

MisterDDDD
Hairball

So defensive.
Just an observation...

Not sure "we been though this" (lol) but, the excitement expressed at the
notion of things "shaking up" and enthusiasm about tickets priced 30%+ above face seems naive at best.

No, just pointing out the fact that prices are on a downward spiral and continue to do so for those who are trying to wait patiently such as makustone.
I know it goes against you mantra that tickets are selling great for all shows, but the fact is there's a steady decline and it is indeed 'exciting' to see for some of us.

Date: March 1, 2019 20:00

grzegorz67
I would say that's a racing certainty. It was for every UK show last year with many lucky dippers unable to give away their spares including some Pits! I've now booked all accommodation and travels for my mini tour (Boston + 2 x NJ) and have no worries whatsoever. I'm pretty certain will be some great deals for those prepared to wait.

No doubt about it, and it's also interesting to see so many VIP packages available on stubhub for Chicago II, with only a pick-up option:

"Available at Stubhub Last Minute Service Center near the venue".

Reminiscent of Desert Trip when mass amounts of tix became available at heavily discounted prices during the week of the show - well below standard prices.
Might be able to get Pit tix for some shows as low as $100 in the days leading up to them.
And some shows such as Glendale, they might have to break out the tarps...very poor selling show that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 20:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 1, 2019 20:14

Who really ensures that the pit stops for chicago to 500 or 600 dollars final price?

Date: March 1, 2019 20:31

makustone
Who really ensures that the pit stops for chicago to 500 or 600 dollars final price?

All I can say is be patient, keep checking, and be ready. Whether official price drops below standard face value, or more Lucky Dips added, or stubhub, Groupon, Costco, etc., deals will appear in the future. Seems most casual fans (the general public) who wanted to buy tix already have by now, and then there are those who refused due to the outrageous prices. There's really not much demand left at the current pricing situation which can only mean one thing - the prices will continuously become cheaper as time gets closer to the shows - it's already happening slowly but surely.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 2, 2019 01:43

Why Stage Designers for Beyoncé, Elton John and The Rolling Stones Are Embracing Minimalism

Photo credit: Manfred H. Vogel/mhvogel.de

by Lyndsey Havens
March 01, 2019

In 2018, some of the most notable tours were also the most elaborate. Travis Scott’s Astroworld: Wish You Were Here tour featured a roller coaster; Drake’s Aubrey & the Three Migos boasted a flying yellow Ferrari (actually a large remote-controlled balloon); and Taylor Swift’s reputation run included a 30-foot-tall cobra. But one of the biggest tours coming to the United States in 2019 will also be one of the most minimal, designed by the world’s largest stage/tour design company, Stufish Entertainment Architects.

Ray Winkler, CEO and design director at Stufish, asked himself “What haven’t we done?” when The Rolling Stones’ longtime creative director/lighting designer, Patrick Woodroffe, approached Stufish in 2017 with plans for a then-untitled and unannounced tour. The answer? “Clean, simple lines,” says Winkler. He pruned the stage down to two necessities: a four-paneled video wall (one screen each for Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood) and a 60-foot-wide roof to keep the band dry at rainy gigs.

Since starting as an entertainment architect 25 years ago, Winkler, 51, has seen the industry change dramatically. Tours were once promotional tools used to sell albums, he notes, but as downloads and streaming displaced physical sales, “tours [had to] become profit centers in themselves.” And even as streaming has more than made up for the decline in physical sales, driving the industry to new heights, touring has continued to grow. In 2018, the top 25 tours reported to Billboard Boxscore reaped over $3 billion in ticket sales, a 12 percent increase from 2017.

At the same time, technology has become more affordable, as well as lighter, quicker to assemble and easier to pack, saving money on trucks and crews. But with a legendary act like the Stones -- who will bring their No Filter tour to North America in April -- the selling point is the band itself. (The European leg grossed $237.8 million from 28 shows, according to Boxscore.)

As a result, the tour’s no-frills design was more about focusing on the stature of the band with which Stufish has worked since 1989, beginning with its Steel Wheels run that kicked off that year. “Keith says this is the best the band has ever sounded,” says the group’s global promoter/tour director, Paul Gongaware. “People realize this isn’t a band that’s over the hill. It’s totally the opposite. They’re in their prime and kicking ass.”

Winkler grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia, listening to the Stones, David Bowie and The Beatles. He moved to London in 1990. By 1996, he was developing elements for an upcoming U2 tour while working as an architecture student at Atelier One, a British structural engineering company that handled the work of the late Mark Fisher, best known for his stage designs for Pink Floyd’s Animals and The Wall tours. Winkler ended up as Fisher’s quasi-assistant on what would become U2’s PopMart tour, which adopted turn-of-the-millennium media overexposure as a theme. It was the first tour Winkler had a hand in designing. That same year, Fisher hired him to join Stufish, then known as Mark Fisher Studio.

Winkler, who became CEO in 2015, has overseen the stage design for acts ranging from AC/DC to One Direction and Madonna. In 2018 alone, Stufish was behind tours including Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road, Queen + Adam Lambert, Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s On the Run II and Beyoncé’s epic Coachella performance -- the festival’s all-time most-watched, with nearly half a million simultaneous global viewers on YouTube.

With the ubiquity of social media, a tour’s opening night now holds more weight than ever before. “The very first person who walks through that door has the opportunity to take a picture that will go viral,” says Winkler. “So you have to think about that carefully -- in particular, ‘What does it look like on a small iPhone? What does it look like in the square [camera] format?’” One artist who understands social media instinctively, he says, is Beyoncé, who for On the Run II (which grossed $253.5 million from 48 shows) had 16 cameras and choreographed where she would stand in order to frame various moments throughout the show, all of which contributed to its cinematic quality.

Winkler says the clean design of the No Filter tour creates a crisp silhouette reminiscent of the film 2001: A Space Odyssey or a building landscape, so that from the moment the audience enters, there’s a striking familiarity. “That, to me, is a very good Instagram moment,” he says. But catering to online platforms isn’t his primary goal. “We want to give an experience that you can’t have on the internet,” he says. “You have to be there. People still fundamentally want to experience music live, and bands want to perform live. Selling music through Apple or an old-fashioned record store is one thing, but to experience the feedback you get instantly from your audience, bands will always strive toward that.”

And for the foreseeable future, Stufish -- which staffs 22 employees across its offices in London and Asia -- will continue to execute those experiences. “It’s the audience that matters to us,” says Winkler. “That they’re wowed, inspired, mesmerized. That is what we live for.” Perhaps the best testament to the company’s staying power? “We’ve been asked back [by the Stones], so you know we’ve done something right.”

This article originally appeared in the March 2 issue of Billboard.

[www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 07:01 by Cristiano Radtke.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home