Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:54

Jeter1984
The Stones started to price their tickets to reflect the secondary market several years ago. They charge extremely high prices, of course the tickets don't all sell at those prices but enough do that they can flex the rest of the venue and fill it up. This is why if you go back and look at every show for the last number of years, at least in North America, they gross over $5M.

If the goal is to maximize profits then there will be some unsold seats-otherwise the tickets were priced too low and the secondary market makes all the money.

Yes, the saying goes, if you sell out the first day you have underpriced your tickets.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:57

See the Tragically Hips farewell tour...

They under priced the tickets and everything ended up on Stub Hub at the market rate. The Provincial govt at the time tried to implement a new scalping law solely because of that when in reality it was the promoters fault for not charging enough. The people who demanded the tickets most ended up getting them.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:07

Only on a Stones website would you see people talking about $450 concert tickets as a 'bargain'

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:10

Gaetzi
Only on a Stones website would you see people talking about $450 concert tickets as a 'bargain'

worth double, mate, double >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2019 19:01

grzegorz67
2 rounds of Lucky Dips were needed for the UK shows and while the crowds were big, there were gaps too. The term 'sellout' is overused and now meaningless.

Yes it's a joke. I remember the days when shows would literally sold out, not just some arbitrary number (or 80%), and not an empty seat in the house.
Sometimes bands would add a second show due to "overwhelming popular demand" in the literal sense, not just used as a way to fool the public (see Fleetwood Macs latest tour).

Still plenty of time before the Stones tour starts for TM/promoters to try and make as much as possible, but the closer it gets the higher the chances there will be plenty more "flexing" with price drops, the possibility of more Lucky Dips added, discounts via Costco, Groupon, etc....and even radio contest giveaways. But even give all that, not sure Glendale will ever reach max capacity...

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: February 15, 2019 19:03

Lucky Dip button showed up for Canada, clicked it shows no tix left.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:13

In March there will be bigger drops. Perhaps on day of show stadiums will be selling much cheaper ones. Patience is the game.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 16, 2019 19:51

Ticket prices will drop
Jeroen

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 16, 2019 22:21

babyblue
Patience is the game.

Exactly! In 2017 regular GA tickets for the "sold out" shows in Düsseldorf and Arnhem were suddenly offered on the day before the show by TM or Eventim (can't remember who did it).

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:04

Hairball
grzegorz67
2 rounds of Lucky Dips were needed for the UK shows and while the crowds were big, there were gaps too. The term 'sellout' is overused and now meaningless.

Yes it's a joke. I remember the days when shows would literally sold out, not just some arbitrary number (or 80%), and not an empty seat in the house.
Sometimes bands would add a second show due to "overwhelming popular demand" in the literal sense, not just used as a way to fool the public (see Fleetwood Macs latest tour).

Still plenty of time before the Stones tour starts for TM/promoters to try and make as much as possible, but the closer it gets the higher the chances there will be plenty more "flexing" with price drops, the possibility of more Lucky Dips added, discounts via Costco, Groupon, etc....and even radio contest giveaways. But even give all that, not sure Glendale will ever reach max capacity...

80% is a ridiculously threshold to be able to declare a sellout. The (soccer) football team I follow in Scotland has a stadium with a capacity of just under 20,000. A crowd of 16,000 would never be declared a sellout.

I had a look at Glendale. Tickets plentiful in every section at face value. While I’m in no doubt it will be a very successful tour overall, this particular show appears to be struggling. Last year, Dublin and Cardiff were slow sellers - both huge stadia in small markets. I was in the front of GA at both and still enjoyed.

I’m completely relaxed about heading over ticketless for my 3 shows (Boston and New Jersey).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:13

Lol.
Minimum is 80%.. mostly to account for seats behind stage etc.
But please.. don't let pesky facts get in y'alls way cool smiley

And last minute GA's and other tickets mostly appear after the stage is set up and all the equipment is finalized. This all really shouldn't be news to anyone.

Date: February 17, 2019 01:43

Looking at Santa Clara, and it's incredible to see the mass amount of side stage "limited view" seats that are available on either side.
What's even crazier is the lower section seats are listed at a whopping $395+fees standard price, and sections above that at $245+ fees standard price- for limited view?!!! eye popping smiley
Surely those won't all sell at those ridiculous prices...maybe some Lucky Dip recipients will be shoved in their, and/or some official price drops.
Also, there's seems to be plenty of regular GA resale tix starting at $244+ fees...would be better off back there vs. paying $395+ limited side views.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-17 01:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:27

Hairball
Looking at Santa Clara, and it's incredible to see the mass amount of side stage "limited view" seats that are available on either side.
What's even crazier is the lower section seats are listed at a whopping $395+fees standard price, and sections above that at $245+ fees standard price- for limited view?!!! eye popping smiley
Surely those won't all sell at those ridiculous prices...maybe some Lucky Dip recipients will be shoved in their, and/or some official price drops.
Also, there's seems to be plenty of regular GA resale tix starting at $244+ fees...would be better off back there vs. paying $395+ limited side views.

Same with New Jersey. $399 side, limited view, adds up to over $400 per ticket. In a stadium. And those are face value. The platinum, resale, and Jumpin' Jack Flash prices are even higher. I will enjoy watching the fluctuation as show time approaches.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 17, 2019 03:10

bleedingman
Hairball

Same with New Jersey. $399 side, limited view, adds up to over $400 per ticket. In a stadium. And those are face value. The platinum, resale, and Jumpin' Jack Flash prices are even higher. I will enjoy watching the fluctuation as show time approaches.

I bought for NY2 in section 139 row 8 (third row below everything, from the beginning) to 463 fees included. I made a good deal?

Date: February 17, 2019 03:55

makustone
bleedingman
Hairball

I bought for NY2 in section 139 row 8 (third row below everything, from the beginning) to 463 fees included. I made a good deal?

Looking at the show now makustone, you did good considering Platiums in same section/row are currently going for $623+fees, and then there's VIP's and resale going for more than that, though there's a chance those will eventually become much cheaper. It's really all relative depending on what one wants to pay, and personally I would have held out, but you can rest easy knowing you have guaranteed decent seats. I know it's easy to get swept up with temptation and excitement when tix initially go on sale, so you shouldn't second guess or worry about it - you're in. Not sure what you mean with "third row below everything, from the beginning", but looks to be a decent perspective/angle looking at the stage and just above the field - certainly not "limited view".

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 17, 2019 04:08

For the Miami show, for the pit (Ronnie's side) I have not seen any Start Me Up Packages for sale for days. Could that mean that that pit is truly sold out? (I hope not!)

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 17, 2019 04:10

I am referring to TM.

Date: February 17, 2019 04:31

Hairball
makustone
bleedingman
Hairball

Looking at the show now makustone, you did good considering Platiums in same section/row are currently going for $623+fees, and then there's VIP's and resale going for more than that, though there's a chance those will eventually become much cheaper. It's really all relative depending on what one wants to pay, and personally I would have held out, but you can rest easy knowing you have guaranteed decent seats. I know it's easy to get swept up with temptation and excitement when tix initially go on sale, so you shouldn't second guess or worry about it - you're in. Not sure what you mean with "third row below everything, from the beginning", but looks to be a decent perspective/angle looking at the stage and just above the field - certainly not "limited view".

Thanks Hairball! I bought the ticket last month. I was following the location and when I saw that seat at a price I could afford (I was looking for a pit for NJ), I did not hesitate and I bought it to stay calm and keep waiting for the pit drop for Chicago. Here is a map capture with my seat so you can see the location

Date: February 17, 2019 07:58

Can't see your map capture image makustone, but I found this pic via google search of section 139.
Not sure what concert this was taken from, but it gives an idea of what your view will be - looks like your good to go! thumbs up

Date: February 17, 2019 08:29

Hairball
Can't see your map capture image makustone, but I found this pic via google search of section 139.
Not sure what concert this was taken from, but it gives an idea of what your view will be - looks like your good to go! thumbs up

hahaha I found the same photo before buying my ticket and helped me to decide! Yes I think it's a good location inside everything. I missed PIT but I know I'll get them for Chicago! I'm like a hunter waiting to catch the beast hahaha

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 17, 2019 11:07

Oh man,
bad choice for a sponsor...
funny and sad at the same time:

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 17, 2019 14:51

MisterDDDD
Those that can wait (going solo etc) will always be able to score a deal.
Been that way forever.

That's me right there... If I don't find Lucky Dips via this site (for Glendale & Pasadena), I'll be looking for a cheap ticket in front of the venue. No way in hell am I paying TicketBastard's outrageous "disservice fees".

Date: February 17, 2019 18:35

TooTough
Oh man,
bad choice for a sponsor...
funny and sad at the same time:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-17 18:40 by Hairball.

Date: February 17, 2019 23:04

FrogSugar
MisterDDDD
Been that way forever.

That's me right there... If I don't find Lucky Dips via this site (for Glendale & Pasadena), I'll be looking for a cheap ticket in front of the venue. No way in hell am I paying TicketBastard's outrageous "disservice fees".

And me thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 18, 2019 01:01

grzegorz67
FrogSugar
MisterDDDD
Been that way forever.

And me thumbs up

So you will pay for air travel, hotel, and stand around stadium with no ticket??

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2019 11:23

He's a Scot. He's Mr. Braveheart. winking smiley

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 18, 2019 11:34

35love
grzegorz67
FrogSugar
MisterDDDD
Been that way forever.

And me thumbs up

So you will pay for air travel, hotel, and stand around stadium with no ticket??

I'm originally from California so this trip is also to see friends and family. Won't be paying for any hotels. Will be borrowing a car for free. Yeah, I'll be standing around the stadium with no ticket until I buy one (might be trickier at Rose Bowl, but I usually have pretty good luck).

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 18, 2019 15:07

With the ease of mobile ticketing on TM and Stub Hub, nothing wrong with doing that, particularly if you are by yourself.

Also, if you're looking at either of the 2nd shows in NJ or Chicago, keep an eye on TM as soon as the stage is set up for the first show in each city. They will have the exact floor layout complete and seats may become available.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: February 18, 2019 18:12

Jeter1984
With the ease of mobile ticketing on TM and Stub Hub, nothing wrong with doing that, particularly if you are by yourself.

Also, if you're looking at either of the 2nd shows in NJ or Chicago, keep an eye on TM as soon as the stage is set up for the first show in each city. They will have the exact floor layout complete and seats may become available.

There is no "may" about this. They WILL release seats after stage setup.

Date: February 19, 2019 02:03

PaintitBlue
Jeter1984

There is no "may" about this. They WILL release seats after stage setup.

As happens at nearly every show by every artist everywhere.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home