Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 18:56

True, I think anyone with Lucky Dip for the Chicago is going to score a ticket that was previously a VIP.

Gleandale has Pit tickets for $442 lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-13 20:02 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 13, 2019 20:22

Jeter1984
True, I think anyone with Lucky Dip for the Chicago is going to score a ticket that was previously a VIP.

Not really. Pit tickets are $519.25 total.

Date: February 13, 2019 20:26

DeanGoodman
Jeter1984

Not really. Pit tickets are $519.25 total.

Was talking about face value. Point is that it's the lowest price of any city.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 13, 2019 21:13

Topi
Jeter1984: you're talking about "Big markets"; do you consider MetLife a big one? For MetLife #2, they had face value pit tickets for Ronnie's side for several hours early this morning. 499+fees.

I would take his advice with a grain of salt. Getting the seats you want is like booking an airplane ticket. Prices move due to perceived demand/algorithms. At the last minute prices will likely drop especially on secondary markets for less desirable seats. If getting a seat for as little as possible, wait. On the other hand if you have the dough and a seat you want is available at a price point you are ok with, buy. Still time for prices to fluctuate.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 13, 2019 21:17

Oh, absolutely. I know the game. Curiously, some people keep insisting Ticketmaster never holds back tickets. If this morning's MetLife drop wasn't a drop I don't know what is. In the end I don't care how those face value pit tickets appeared out of the blue (probably for the first time since the sales started back in November?) but I sure am glad I was able to help many friends get them.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: February 13, 2019 21:34

Topi
Oh, absolutely. I know the game. Curiously, some people keep insisting Ticketmaster never holds back tickets. If this morning's MetLife drop wasn't a drop I don't know what is. In the end I don't care how those face value pit tickets appeared out of the blue (probably for the first time since the sales started back in November?) but I sure am glad I was able to help many friends get them.

I don't think Ticketmaster holds back tickets, although they are now involved in the flex price and legal scalping (Platinum, etc.) games. I think it's the promoter who holds back tickets - and holds back the majority of the best tickets (pit and seats) in the initial sales.

But it's possible Ticketmaster is now involved in the holding back tickets process too. If legal, Ticketmaster could now be offering promoters a full service of revenue maximizing games, but in the past Ticketmaster showed "all the tickets that are available for sale", which was always very different from all the tickets at the venue.

Date: February 13, 2019 21:53

I think the promoter holds back or limits what's available at any given time. TM is just the outlet they use to sell the tickets.

There is no question looking at some of the stadiums on this tour that they limited entire sections at times. Personally I don't care, but I think the general public just assumes events sell out as soon as they go on sale, which we know very rarely ever happens.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:34

Did someone buy tickets for the stones lately in vivid seats? It is safe? How is the theme of the entrance to the show with a mobile ticket bought in a resale site?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:51

Chicago II PIT Ronnies side just went down again, but only $4.00 down lol for a total of $800.05 w/fees.

Official Platinums on the field also continuing to drop (and probably everywhere else in the stadium)...slowly but surely.

Date: February 14, 2019 07:09

Hairball
Chicago II PIT Ronnies side just went down again, but only $4.00 down lol for a total of $800.05 w/fees.

Official Platinums on the field also continuing to drop (and probably everywhere else in the stadium)...slowly but surely.

in vivid seats with 10% discount are at 670 final price! I do not know what to do!! I do not know if it's safe to buy in vivid seats? someone to tell me if I buy

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 14, 2019 07:31

makustone
Hairball

in vivid seats with 10% discount are at 670 final price! I do not know what to do!! I do not know if it's safe to buy in vivid seats? someone to tell me if I buy

Yes, they're safe. That's where I got my tickets from.

Date: February 14, 2019 07:39

Aquamarine
makustone
Hairball

Good to know. What show did you buy for?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 14, 2019 07:41

makustone
Aquamarine
makustone
Hairball

Good to know. What show did you buy for?

Houston and Chicago 2.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2019 11:21

Jeter1984
I think the promoter holds back or limits what's available at any given time. TM is just the outlet they use to sell the tickets.

There is no question looking at some of the stadiums on this tour that they limited entire sections at times. Personally I don't care, but I think the general public just assumes events sell out as soon as they go on sale, which we know very rarely ever happens.

TM isn't as good as they use to be.Should go back to the old way, line up.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2019 12:34

babyblue
Jeter1984

Yeah, Lining up in a row. Those were the days. getting up at two o clock at night. bottle with you, standing in line. Great times. True.
Jeroen

Date: February 14, 2019 16:16

I have Denver pit Ronnie's side. I want Chicago #1 Floor towards the center no farther back than 8 rows!

Hoping a few more trickle out and the price gets down closer to $700 each

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 14, 2019 16:25

runrudolph
babyblue
Jeter1984

Yeah, Lining up in a row. Those were the days. getting up at two o clock at night. bottle with you, standing in line. Great times. True.
Jeroen

Yes when all the tickets from the front row to the back were the same price, and the true fans got there early enough to get near the start of the line to get the best tickets.

Now it's down to technology and how big your bank account is.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2019 16:28

kovach
runrudolph
babyblue
Jeter1984

Jeroen

Yes when all the tickets from the front row to the back were the same price, and the true fans got there early enough to get near the start of the line to get the best tickets.

amazing times in Arnhem, waiting in a row at the old post office. Music playing at 4 oclck in the morning. people looking at you, like you are crazzy. who?? rolling stones??? never heard of them.

Yeah, good memories.
Jeroen

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 14, 2019 19:24

1989 sept. front just came thru,the Houston astrodome parking lot was filled from one end to the other,got there at 430 in the am, got my tix about 1130 great times show sold in about an hour, then they added a second. you went to the dome the day before to get wristband that was your number

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2019 19:52

kovach

Good times... spent more than my share of time waiting outside venues.

But, I wouldn't go back.
Now, for me, it's about technology and how small the bank account is..cool smiley

Scoring Lucky Dips at $30 a ticket (w Golden Circle equivalents occasionally) makes going to multiple shows a reality.
Also, out of country shows.. wouldn't happen for me in days of old.

Date: February 14, 2019 20:31

dgodkin
1989 sept. front just came thru,the Houston astrodome parking lot was filled from one end to the other,got there at 430 in the am, got my tix about 1130 great times show sold in about an hour, then they added a second. you went to the dome the day before to get wristband that was your number

They did the same thing in Dallas. They had barricades set up in the parking lot of the old Texas Stadium to form the lines. For the first show they made an announcement on the radio station at 8:00 am that Rolling Stones tickets were on sale at Texas Stadium right now! I was about 20 minutes away and when I got there it was a crazy scene. People were pulling off to the side of the highway and running to get in line. Some of them even leaving their car doors open. I was 16 at the time. The good seats were $22.50. I walked up to the front of one of the lines and offered the guy that was first in line that if he would buy me two tickets I would buy two for him. And he did!

And that show was Oct 31st 1981. It rained the whole time the Stones were on and it rained hard. It was my first Rolling Stones show and one of my best. Mick ran around in the rain laid down and rolled down the wet stage ramp. They played as if the sun was shining.

The next day I went also. It was a beautiful day. And another great Stones show.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: February 15, 2019 01:47

Compared to the other venues, Glendale has some pretty good opportunities.

Pit 1 for $442
Section A4 has three groups of seats for $442, near the end of the
catwalk/B stage. Keith's side. Row 21, 24, and 25. Very nice location for the price. Especially row 21.

Also, all Glendale tickets are either Standard Admission or Official Platinum. There are no Verified Resale tickets to be found. Hmmmm....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 01:52 by cmc.

Date: February 15, 2019 04:55

cmc

Pit 1 for $442
catwalk/B stage. Keith's side. Row 21, 24, and 25. Very nice location for the price. Especially row 21.

Also, all Glendale tickets are either Standard Admission or Official Platinum. There are no Verified Resale tickets to be found. Hmmmm....

I think because it's such a slow/poor selling show, the resale option was deactivated - anyone who initially bought tix for that show with the intention of selling have to list them elsewhere.
Some artists can request it be unavailable to prevent scalping (David Gilmour did so), but not sure who makes the call for a slow selling show like this...maybe the promoters...?
If so, wouldn't they want to sell tix to anyone just to get rid of them? Whatever the case, plenty of tix available for that show and eventually the prices might officially be dropped well below the current standard face value.
Pit tix for $250 on Ticketmaster...I can see it happening. And then there's stubhub...not unrealistic to expect 75% off the day of show as was the case with the Stones at *Vegas '16.

Date: February 15, 2019 05:35

Hairball
cmc

Pit 1 for $442

I think because it's such a slow/poor selling show, the resale option was deactivated - anyone who initially bought tix for that show with the intention of selling have to list them elsewhere.
Some artists can request it be unavailable to prevent scalping (David Gilmour did so), but not sure who makes the call for a slow selling show like this...maybe the promoters...?
If so, wouldn't they want to sell tix to anyone just to get rid of them? Whatever the case, plenty of tix available for that show and eventually the prices might officially be dropped well below the current standard face value.
Pit tix for $250 on Ticketmaster...I can see it happening. And then there's stubhub...not unrealistic to expect 75% off the day of show as was the case with the Stones at *Vegas '16.

You speak alone in glendale a fall to 250 the pit? What do you think for the 2 chicago shows? Is there any hope that they will be sold at 499 + fees in a couple of weeks? (more than 3 days ago there is a pit 800 final price for chicago 2, but I'm still waiting for the miracle of a little lower) NJ2 yesterday appeared at 499 + fees the pit only for 3 hours (I read it afterwards and I could not to buy!)
This sales system has me exhausted!

Date: February 15, 2019 07:43

makustone
Hairball
cmc

Pit 1 for $442

You speak alone in glendale a fall to 250 the pit? What do you think for the 2 chicago shows? Is there any hope that they will be sold at 499 + fees in a couple of weeks? (more than 3 days ago there is a pit 800 final price for chicago 2, but I'm still waiting for the miracle of a little lower) NJ2 yesterday appeared at 499 + fees the pit only for 3 hours (I read it afterwards and I could not to buy!)
This sales system has me exhausted!

Yes makustone - I think Chicago PIT prices will continue to go down, though it's just a hunch based on a number of things vs. any scientific formula. I've seen the prices for PIT AND seats in most sections continuously spiral downwards since a couple of weeks after they went on sale (when I found out there was a chance I could attend). It doesn't happen every day, but it's definitely happening - those $800 PITs are the lowest I've seen so far, and just a matter of time when they wil go lower than that. BUT... it is a gamble to wait, and nothing is guaranteed, though with 131 days left until Chicago II, plenty of time to relax and be patient - that's my strategy anyways.

As far as Glendale dropping officially to $250, let me revise that by saying it could be a possibility, but the most likely scenario is they will fill it with Lucky Dips (such as myself) hopefully.
Other sections could very well officially be dropped below current face value as the time nears, and which has happened at numerous shows in the past. If all else fails, they break out the tarps and close off entire sections which has also happened at shows in the past. But even in that worse case scenario, they will somehow find a way to call it a "sellout", and there will be those who see it as a complete success sales-wise.

Date: February 15, 2019 16:08

They'll call it a "sellout" because it will meet the legal threshold to do so.
Like most all of their shows have, and not because the ticket counters and billboard etc. are huge fans or in collusion.

They'll be the same last minute deals as there always are, small amount of tickets to be had for a good deal via stubhub et al., most from speculators who overbought etc., and perhaps some more Lucky Dips if necessary. Course someone will score one pit ticket for $250, and that will forever be what the naysayers will point to as their proof. Fortunately, math doesn't lie, and the total number of tickets sold with the average ticket prices will be known, and will be impressive as always.

Happens every tour.

Date: February 15, 2019 16:15

HOT TOURS - AUG. 4, 2018
Ranked by Gross, Compiled from Boxscores reported July 24-30

Rank ACT
Total Gross
Show Date Range
Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts)
Total Attendance (Capacity)

1 THE ROLLING STONES
$117,844,618
May 17-July 8
Croke Park, Dublin (1/1)
London Stadium, London (2/2)
St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton, England (1/1)
Ricoh Arena, Coventry, England (1/1)
Old Trafford, Manchester, England (1/1)
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh (1/1)
Principality Stadium, Cardiff, Wales (1/1)
Twickenham Stadium, London (1/1)
Olympiastadion, Berlin (1/1)
Orange Velodrome, Marseille, France (1/1)
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart, Germany (1/1)
Lethany Airport, Prague (1/1)
PGE Narodowy, Warsaw (1/1)
750,847 (750,874)

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:42

MisterDDDD
HOT TOURS - AUG. 4, 2018
Ranked by Gross, Compiled from Boxscores reported July 24-30

Rank ACT
Total Gross
Show Date Range
Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts)
Total Attendance (Capacity)

1 THE ROLLING STONES
$117,844,618
May 17-July 8
Croke Park, Dublin (1/1)
London Stadium, London (2/2)
St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton, England (1/1)
Ricoh Arena, Coventry, England (1/1)
Old Trafford, Manchester, England (1/1)
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh (1/1)
Principality Stadium, Cardiff, Wales (1/1)
Twickenham Stadium, London (1/1)
Olympiastadion, Berlin (1/1)
Orange Velodrome, Marseille, France (1/1)
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart, Germany (1/1)
Lethany Airport, Prague (1/1)
PGE Narodowy, Warsaw (1/1)
750,847 (750,874)

[www.billboard.com]

No-one's arguing that it wasn't a very successful tour because clearly it was. But 2 rounds of Lucky Dips were needed for the UK shows and while the crowds were big, there were gaps too. The term 'sellout' is overused and now meaningless. They got their pricing wrong in Dublin and in Prague 2 tribune stands on the original floorplan were never built.

I've booked a trip over for Boston and NJ and have tickets for none of them. I am unconcerned. Last gasp drop it will be. I've never paid over face for a gig by anyone and never more than £160GBP. Looking forward to another great tour.

Date: February 15, 2019 17:49

The Stones started to price their tickets to reflect the secondary market several years ago. They charge extremely high prices, of course the tickets don't all sell at those prices but enough do that they can flex the rest of the venue and fill it up. This is why if you go back and look at every show for the last number of years, at least in North America, they gross over $5M.

If the goal is to maximize profits then there will be some unsold seats-otherwise the tickets were priced too low and the secondary market makes all the money.

Date: February 15, 2019 17:51

grzegorz67

No-one's arguing that it wasn't a very successful tour because clearly it was. But 2 rounds of Lucky Dips were needed for the UK shows and while the crowds were big, there were gaps too. The term 'sellout' is overused and now meaningless. They got their pricing wrong in Dublin and in Prague 2 tribune stands on the original floorplan were never built.

I've booked a trip over for Boston and NJ and have tickets for none of them. I am unconcerned. Last gasp drop it will be. I've never paid over face for a gig by anyone and never more than £160GBP. Looking forward to another great tour.

Tell all the other artists that would love to have the sellouts and monies collected that the Stones had listed on billboard . Of course it still means something, I believe the threshold is 80% + of capacity to qualify.

And of course there were more lucky dips/groupons utilized to achieve that.
That many stadiums to fill in such a relatively concentrated geographical area would demand that. All the resident naysayers predicted much worse.

Those that can wait (going solo etc) will always be able to score a deal.
Been that way forever.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home