Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2019 03:51

timbernardis
Hairball got sold out (I believe) Desert Trip pit or either the first or second weekend (or both), which were originally sold for $1,600 for all three days per weekend, for like 3 to 400. And I know people on this board (from England) who paid full price when they first went on sale.

Yes Tim, I forget the exact price but it was around $300 give or take for a Pit Pass wknd. 2. I remember the Desert Trip thread here, and was watching the prices drop by the minute after weekend 1.
On a similar note, I was able to get two floor seats for *Vegas '16 spur of the moment while my wife and I were in Vegas the day before the show. Had no intention of going initially, but the bargain prices were hard to refuse.
Paid apprx. $225 each for seats that were originally/officially/outrageously priced at $750+ fees making them around $800.
Stubhub can be your friend, it just requires some patience. thumbs up

Date: February 7, 2019 04:21

Also might be worth mentioning, that block of standard priced seats in Sec. 136 that magically appeared today for Chicago II were never Platinum or VIP in the first place.
They were little grey dots (ie unavailable), similar to what can be seen in 110 the exact opposite of field right now which is currently only showing one standard priced ticket at $395.
They must have initially been held back for some reason, but they're available now for anyone willing to pay.
Makes you wonder how many large blocks of seats are being held back at other shows that could eventually become available...

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: February 7, 2019 09:13

cyclist
Just got a pit ticket, Ronnie side, for Santa Clara at $500 + fees. After months of checking. The prices are now back to $1500, but promising!

Hi cyclist,

what time did you score your pit ticket ?

I live in Europe and wonder what is the time frame when they release pit ticket.
Thanks !

Date: February 7, 2019 09:31

BluzDude
If you use StubHub, you can change the settings so it will show you the price including fees......this is not the default setting.

Never had a problem with them the 5 or 6 times I had to use them.

I once bought a ticket (for Liam Gallagher) that was advertised as a pit ticket, I was skeptical as it was priced like Regular GA, when I got to the venue, it was a GA ticket, I immediately called StubHub, and within 15 minutes, for no additional fees or price, I was in the Pit.

Hi BluzDude,

did you receive your Liam Gallager ticket by post or did you pick up at the venue ?
Is there will call office for StubHub for the big events ?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 7, 2019 11:18

[www.retireyourrisk.org]

THE ALLIANCE FOR LIFETIME INCOME: SOLE SPONSOR OF THE ROLLING STONES 2019 "NO FILTER" U.S. TOUR

Sometimes You Can’t Always Get What You Want. But You Can Get What You Need When You Have Protected Lifetime Income in Retirement.

As a band that personifies longevity and living life to the fullest, The Rolling Stones continue to prove to millions of fans from every generation that age is just a number. That living longer is all about continuing to do the things you love, whether you’re retired or not. Happily, millions of Stones fans everywhere are living longer, blazing new trails, and redefining retirement. And they want the freedom to continue doing what they love, regardless of age.

That’s why when the Alliance for Lifetime Income was presented with the opportunity to be the sole sponsor of The Rolling Stones 2019 “No Filter” U.S. stadium tour, we took it.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 7, 2019 12:46

I spent most of my money on Jovan...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2019 16:40

Lien
[www.retireyourrisk.org]

THE ALLIANCE FOR LIFETIME INCOME: SOLE SPONSOR OF THE ROLLING STONES 2019 "NO FILTER" U.S. TOUR

Sometimes You Can’t Always Get What You Want. But You Can Get What You Need When You Have Protected Lifetime Income in Retirement.

As a band that personifies longevity and living life to the fullest, The Rolling Stones continue to prove to millions of fans from every generation that age is just a number. That living longer is all about continuing to do the things you love, whether you’re retired or not. Happily, millions of Stones fans everywhere are living longer, blazing new trails, and redefining retirement. And they want the freedom to continue doing what they love, regardless of age.

That’s why when the Alliance for Lifetime Income was presented with the opportunity to be the sole sponsor of The Rolling Stones 2019 “No Filter” U.S. stadium tour, we took it.

Good Lord, life insurance policies?
Where’s all the RS Jeeps from the last tour? *crickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 16:46 by 35love.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2019 17:05

“That’s why when the Alliance for Lifetime Income was presented with the opportunity to be the sole sponsor of The Rolling Stones 2019 “No Filter” U.S. stadium tour, we took it.”

This is odd, isn’t it? Are we to have booths for financial check-ups before we hit the merchandise stands?
This really does signify the last tour.
The RS know we are broke from being lifetime fans, and want us to face our financial futures. Or, they’re getting 10% for every policy signed winking smiley
What a drag it is getting old.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:16

rstass
cyclist
Just got a pit ticket, Ronnie side, for Santa Clara at $500 + fees. After months of checking. The prices are now back to $1500, but promising!

Hi cyclist,

I live in Europe and wonder what is the time frame when they release pit ticket.
Thanks !

This was around 9:30 in the morning California time. Really hard to tell when they lower the prices. But I saw another $500 (regular price) pit ticket, Ronnie's side, a few minutes later.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:16

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball got sold out (I believe) Desert Trip pit or either the first or second weekend (or both), which were originally sold for $1,600 for all three days per weekend, for like 3 to 400. And I know people on this board (from England) who paid full price when they first went on sale.

Yes Tim, I forget the exact price but it was around $300 give or take for a Pit Pass wknd. 2. I remember the Desert Trip thread here, and was watching the prices drop by the minute after weekend 1.
On a similar note, I was able to get two floor seats for *Vegas '16 spur of the moment while my wife and I were in Vegas the day before the show. Had no intention of going initially, but the bargain prices were hard to refuse.
Paid apprx. $225 each for seats that were originally/officially/outrageously priced at $750+ fees making them around $800.

I also went to Desert Trip, as I couldn't resist the price of $400 or so for the pit. There were tons of tickets available, all at deep discounts. But DO NOT think that the Desert Trip experience will repeat itself. That was a unique situation. Indio, California is in the middle of nowhere. As a result there was literally ZERO walk in traffic for that show. The only people who were buying those tickets at the last minute were (i) people who were already in the are for the show and were upgrading, and (ii) crazy people like Hairball and myself, who were willing to drive to Indio that day to attend. Driving from Los Angeles on the 10 Freeway on a Friday afternoon took 4-1/2 hours to Palm Springs. By the time I picked up my ticket, found a parking space and walked a mile or so to the venue, it had taken me six hours. By the end of the show, I was so exhausted that I pried the 3-day wristband off my wrist and gave it to a very grateful kid in general admission. I hope he managed to use it.

That said, you can usually get decent seats if you wait. But, there are exceptions - I'm a pretty experienced ticket buyer, and from what I could see, there were virtually no tickets at any price for the O2 Arena in 2012; in fact, there were a couple hundred fans who got burned by counterfeiters listening outside the Arena on the show day. It was really sad. Also, I couldn't find anything decent for San Diego in 2014, even a couple of days before the show. But, those types of situations are pretty rare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 19:19 by drbryant.

Date: February 7, 2019 19:37

cyclist
rstass
cyclist

Hi cyclist,

Thanks !

This was around 9:30 in the morning California time. Really hard to tell when they lower the prices. But I saw another $500 (regular price) pit ticket, Ronnie's side, a few minutes later.

Hi cyclist,
thanks for the info and congrats for your pit ticket.
I can imagine how happy were you when you saw the regular price on the screen after months of checking ! smiling smiley

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:47

rstass

Hi cyclist,
thanks for the info and congrats for your pit ticket.
I can imagine how happy were you when you saw the regular price on the screen after months of checking ! smiling smiley

I thought I was hallucinating!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:14

Guess it is a good price. Paid about e 500 for pit in southampton 2018. Should have got gold circle. Better view n e 150.0 less
Jeroen

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:15

rstass
BluzDude
If you use StubHub, you can change the settings so it will show you the price including fees......this is not the default setting.

I once bought a ticket (for Liam Gallagher) that was advertised as a pit ticket, I was skeptical as it was priced like Regular GA, when I got to the venue, it was a GA ticket, I immediately called StubHub, and within 15 minutes, for no additional fees or price, I was in the Pit.

Hi BluzDude,

did you receive your Liam Gallager ticket by post or did you pick up at the venue ?

When I bought the ticket it appeared as a download on my phone, I called StubHub on their customer service line and they actually gave me a choice of a refund (attending the show for free - which surprised me) or replace the download with a pit download, which is what I chose.

Now I remember, I was skeptical before the show because on stubHub and the receipt said pit but the actual download just said GA. I first called them in the morning with my concern and they said to call them when I get to the venue if there was an issue, so that is what I did.

Date: February 7, 2019 20:30

drbryant
Hairball
timbernardis

I also went to Desert Trip, as I couldn't resist the price of $400 or so for the pit. There were tons of tickets available, all at deep discounts. But DO NOT think that the Desert Trip experience will repeat itself. That was a unique situation. Indio, California is in the middle of nowhere. As a result there was literally ZERO walk in traffic for that show. The only people who were buying those tickets at the last minute were (i) people who were already in the are for the show and were upgrading, and (ii) crazy people like Hairball and myself, who were willing to drive to Indio that day to attend. Driving from Los Angeles on the 10 Freeway on a Friday afternoon took 4-1/2 hours to Palm Springs. By the time I picked up my ticket, found a parking space and walked a mile or so to the venue, it had taken me six hours. By the end of the show, I was so exhausted that I pried the 3-day wristband off my wrist and gave it to a very grateful kid in general admission. I hope he managed to use it.

That said, you can usually get decent seats if you wait. But, there are exceptions - I'm a pretty experienced ticket buyer, and from what I could see, there were virtually no tickets at any price for the O2 Arena in 2012; in fact, there were a couple hundred fans who got burned by counterfeiters listening outside the Arena on the show day. It was really sad. Also, I couldn't find anything decent for San Diego in 2014, even a couple of days before the show. But, those types of situations are pretty rare.

Hi Dr. Bryant. thumbs up

I was one of the upgraders for wkd. II. Long story short (or short story long haha), I was stationed at the Embassy Suites about 15 miles down the road for wkd I where there was a Desert Trip Shuttle Bus stop right next door in a Ralphs Parking Lot. Very easy and convenient to and fro, and was all part of the fun. In between the weekends I stayed in Pomona to see Neil Young twice at the Fox Theater. From there I made it back to Indio where I had reservations to stay at the Indian Palms Country Club and Resort which was walking distance to the Festival. Both reservations were made pre-official announcement so the price was excellent, and to have an air conditioned hotel room to go back to each night made life grand.

Weekend I had a mid-range ticket apprx. 30 rows behind the PIT area, but security was so lax the first night I was able to make it right up against the PIT barrier. Things got much bit tighter the following two nights (the Fire Marshall and security crew were making sure of that), but I had a great seat with a great perspective, so all was good.

Weekend II, I believe I initially had a similar mid-price ticket pass, but we know how things turned out after wkd. I. Posting on IORR throughout the week, word was out about the massive price drops which continued to drop by the minute. I think it was on Thursday where I pulled the trigger on a 3 day PIT pass when it went well below $400...pretty sure I paid closer to $300, but would have to look it up. Not knowing what to expect for a multi-day festival setting as it had been many years since I'd been to one (US 83), my entire Desert Trip excursion was one of the most memorable trips I've ever been on. And the air conditioned portable restrooms throughout the festival? Talk about being pampered. winking smiley

Yes it was a unique situation to have that many tickets suddenly drop, and it's never a guarantee it will happen at other venues, but by the looks of sales for this tour (some shows better than others) chances are pretty good that everyone will be able to get what they want eventually. Whether there are official TM price drops, more Lucky Dips added, stubhub, Costco, Groupon, etc., and depending on which show, tickets will be available up to the last minute - in many cases at discounted prices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 20:36 by Hairball.

Date: February 7, 2019 21:14

Just received this from Ticketmaster...lol the bastards trying to push their ridiculously overpriced Platinum inventory...eye rolling smiley

The Rolling Stones Live
From Platinum Seats
See The Rolling Stones From The Best Seats In The House!
Rose Bowl
Pasadena, CA
May 11, 2019
See tickets
Platinum Seats Still Available!

Don't miss The Rolling Stones when they bring their 2019 No Filter Tour to your city! Here is your chance to see the show from some of the best seats in the house.

Enjoy premium seating by selecting Official Platinum Seats on the seat map!

Get your tickets today!

See tickets Pasadena

GRRRR...look at those prices!

Glad I was able to get decent seats at a reasonable standard price via presale for this show (one of the best selling),
but then again if these don't sell there's bound to be plenty of tix available at a more humane price level...maybe.
Lots of celebrities and rich folks in L.A. who will snatch them up without batting an eye - hope they can resist!

Date: February 7, 2019 21:20

BluzDude
rstass
BluzDude

Hi BluzDude,

When I bought the ticket it appeared as a download on my phone, I called StubHub on their customer service line and they actually gave me a choice of a refund (attending the show for free - which surprised me) or replace the download with a pit download, which is what I chose.

Now I remember, I was skeptical before the show because on stubHub and the receipt said pit but the actual download just said GA. I first called them in the morning with my concern and they said to call them when I get to the venue if there was an issue, so that is what I did.

Thanks for the info !

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 8, 2019 05:45

You will be able to get in every show on this tour for $100 or less the night of the show. They are lucky if half the seats sold are in the hands of people actually attending the show.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 8, 2019 13:38

DREAMTIME
You will be able to get in every show on this tour for $100 or less the night of the show. They are lucky if half the seats sold are in the hands of people actually attending the show.

Great! I look forward to seeing you outside the venues selling your spare tickets for that price.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 8, 2019 18:36

DREAMTIME

You decide that I go to Chicago the day of the show and I get PIT at that price? Hahaha

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 8, 2019 19:13

DREAMTIME

Sure, if you want to sit in shitty seats. If you think more than half the seats are not sold or on resale I think you are mistaken.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 8, 2019 20:47

Yes he is mistaken

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:02

New rumour for Toronto June 29, 2019!!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:09

Christiaan
New rumour for Toronto June 29, 2019!!!

its true. See you there. But its the Roger Centre. The great echo box.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 8, 2019 22:58

Nothing was ever iron clad regarding number of dates and cities. People on here spoke with a lot of authority and in the end more Tongue logos....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 8, 2019 23:12

The Rogers Centre is the home of the BLUE JAYS and they have a home stand against the ROYALS...

BMO maybe?!

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 8, 2019 23:22

Kurt
The Rogers Centre is the home of the BLUE JAYS and they have a home stand against the ROYALS...

BMO maybe?!

That would be one option. They could add seating. Budweiser stage or festival scenario also.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 9, 2019 00:18

Fantastic news that Toronto will be added to the tour!

Great for all the fans there..!
No Filter - North American Tour 2019

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 9, 2019 00:37

Perhaps Chicago 2 prices will drop now it's no longer the last show of the tour.

Date: February 9, 2019 01:00

Aquamarine
Perhaps Chicago 2 prices will drop now it's no longer the last show of the tour.

Yes, and we might see some new and improved artwork as the initial design was based on the US flag.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home