Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: January 28, 2019 02:57

Thanks. I think the fact that Chicago is the end of the tour will sway me to Chicago. But I can see how free drinks would have you choose NY!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 28, 2019 05:38

daspyknows
I would do NY, but that's because I grew up there, have loads of friends there, a free place to stay and a friend's bar where I get to drink for free smileys with beer. That said, seeing end of tour pretty cool since no guarantees of another tour (same as past tours).

It sure helps when u know people. I'll be staying with friends at both shows I'm going to

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 28, 2019 16:47

I'd say Chicago over NYC. East Rutherford isn't far from the city but its not in New York, Soldier Field is IN the city of Chicago. You've got the lake right there, in general I'll take Chicago over NYC in the summer.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: January 28, 2019 17:13

The final show in Chicago has a lot of great tickets available. With more than 4 months to go, prices are only going to go lower.

That can be said for most of the venues actually, particularly Glendale and Jacksonville, wide open.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: January 28, 2019 17:19

Gaetzi
I'd say Chicago over NYC. East Rutherford isn't far from the city but its not in New York, Soldier Field is IN the city of Chicago. You've got the lake right there, in general I'll take Chicago over NYC in the summer.

Months in New York City, ranked:
1. October
2. September
3. November
4. June
5. May
6. December
7. April
8. July
9. March
10.January
11.August
12.February

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 28, 2019 17:30

i would go for Chicago. Great city, better vibe than NYC and its surroundings. Nicer people. Good scenery, great women. good music n the Stones.
Jeroen

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 28, 2019 17:55

Agree with the Chicago preference and I grew up right outside of Manhattan.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 28, 2019 20:01

another native New Yorker agreeing with Chicago. New Jersey is not NYC. The Jersey venue sucks for many reasons. Soldier Field is actually in Chicago, a great city to visit. And it's the last stop. Jersey shows are never special. Go to Chicago.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:37

With the 2 show cities,they can fill the set lists with warhorses and still play completely different sets each night. Just sayin’

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 29, 2019 02:13

runrudolph
i would go for Chicago. Great city, better vibe than NYC and its surroundings. Nicer people. Good scenery, great women. good music n the Stones.
Jeroen

U forgot the high crime rate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2019 03:11

babyblue
runrudolph
Jeroen

U forgot the high crime rate.

As if New York City is crime free lol...

"Don't you know the crime rate's going up, up, up, up, up
To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!
You got rats on the west side, bed bugs uptown
What a mess this town's in tatters..."

PS - "...don't mind the maggots..."

I do prefer NY thin crust pizza vs. Chicago thick crust, but that's a whole different debate. winking smiley

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: January 30, 2019 05:57

Any idea when we might see pit VIP packages turn into regular face value prices?

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: January 30, 2019 08:04

joshbg2k
Any idea when we might see pit VIP packages turn into regular face value prices?

After the show is over maybe

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 30, 2019 16:02

I live near DC, so the Landover show is a given. Was thinking of the NJ 17th date, but you all are tempting me with Chicago 2. I'll be off work then and I could hang around for a few days and visit the city. Great way to kick off the summer!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: January 30, 2019 20:50

I’m in Chicago a few days before , I must say I’m tempted too

Date: January 30, 2019 21:09

Jagger with new material!!! So groovy and Amazing! 2019 - All about writing, recoring...and a tour ! The Rolling Stones!!!
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2019 17:40

rubyeveryday
With the 2 show cities,they can fill the set lists with warhorses and still play completely different sets each night. Just sayin’

You're just sayin?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Brilliantly pointless.

Date: February 1, 2019 20:24

The countdown is on....only 78 days until the tour starts, and 95 days until I see them in Glendale.
Will they have any new material released prior to those deadlines? Hope so, but not placing any bets.
Hopefully some more blues covers from B&L at least...would be a shame if they ignore that album the same way the ditched Doom and Gloom rather quickly.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: February 2, 2019 03:45

sending the love vibes. and it is sweet sweet young love. that brings out the beauty of the stones...… wish you well on the tour, i'm broke, unfort.

Date: February 2, 2019 05:19

I wish that the band would play at least a few 2nd-or-3rd tier markets. Not everyone lives in huge megalopolises.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2019 05:28

charlesbaudelaire
I wish that the band would play at least a few 2nd-or-3rd tier markets. Not everyone lives in huge megalopolises.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Their last major US tour they did just that and called it Zip Code.
This is a band that if you want to catch live you have to be willing to travel as waiting till they come to (fill in the blank) just isn't an option anymore for several reasons.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 2, 2019 10:02

MisterDDDD
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

This is a band that if you want to catch live you have to be willing to travel as waiting till they come to (fill in the blank) just isn't an option anymore for several reasons.

And also if you don't live in a huge megalopolis, you have to be prepared to travel to see pretty much every band you like. (And to see the bands you like most at OTHER megalopolises.)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 2, 2019 14:19

Aquamarine
MisterDDDD
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

And also if you don't live in a huge megalopolis, you have to be prepared to travel to see pretty much every band you like. (And to see the bands you like most at OTHER megalopolises.)

It's not really a new thing. In 1978, my choices were to drive from seattle to boulder or the bay area if i wanted to see the band. i chose boulder. think it was same for the no security tour. & steel wheels, i had to go to vancouver. that's not really that far but still had to travel.

Date: February 2, 2019 17:14

crholmstrom
Aquamarine
MisterDDDD
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

It's not really a new thing. In 1978, my choices were to drive from seattle to boulder or the bay area if i wanted to see the band. i chose boulder. think it was same for the no security tour. & steel wheels, i had to go to vancouver. that's not really that far but still had to travel.

I was at that Vancouver show!
Biggest difference in the earlier years was that you could pass on traveling for a show by knowing that you'll catch them next time...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 2, 2019 17:19

charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Agreed. It would be nice if they did another Wichita or Little Rock-type market. The whole town is buzzing. But it's different now.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 2, 2019 17:24

MisterDDDD
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

With that being said, what is the outlook of a 2nd American/North American leg of No Filter as Europe had two No Filter mini tours.

Date: February 2, 2019 18:55

PalaisRoyale
With that being said, what is the outlook of a 2nd American/North American leg of No Filter as Europe had two No Filter mini tours.

I was a little more optimistic about that when the initial rumored plan was for mainly an east coast tour. Once they threw in several west coast stops it doesn't seem as likely to me.
Course, there's still a lot of fertile ground so to speak.. all of Canada and any number of US cities they could hit and easily fill the stadiums/arenas, so you never know cool smiley

Date: February 2, 2019 20:47

If there are any more No Filter shows, I predict they'll head south of the border to Mexico, and then on to Central and South America.
Doubt they would spend more time in North America after it's already been plundered...and there's still tickets available for all shows - in some cases loads of tickets.
Unless maybe they come back and play reasonably sized arenas (capacity 20,000 give or take) which is highly doubtful.
Plenty of places down south that are ripe for the picking and ready to be taken advantage of from a business perspective.

Date: February 2, 2019 20:53

Yeah, never mind.
Like the previous poster stated.. they suck and can't sell out shows.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 2, 2019 20:56

2020 tour will be south n middle america.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home