Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 99
Re: Ok Dudes Where?
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 6, 2019 21:22

Hairball

"Poop Patrol"....'"to combat the rising tide of human feces flooding its streets"....
"the influx of poop on San Francisco's sidewalks has been a major source of concern within the city"
.eye popping smiley

Didn't realize it was getting that bad...

Apparently the river of feces has dried up under the new mayor. (I'd definitely choose Indianapolis, though.)

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2019 21:58

Even if it wasn't my hometown, I'd say the most "beautiful" city on this tour might just be Seattle.
Denver would get the 2nd place vote for me, although admittedly I haven't been to them all, but most.
I'd go with Seattle, Denver, and perhaps Chicago for the top three.

For those doing Seattle who have never been to the Northwest before, I would try to plan several days here if you can and would also strongly suggest a side, day trip, to Vancouver, Canada (2 1/2 hours by car). Truly a gorgeous city.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 7, 2019 04:00

Although I think it's a bit overrated, NYC is still 1 of the greatest cities in the world, maybe ever. I wouldn't want to live there but visiting is fine. I could do a week just in the museums. Of course the shows are in New Jersey & that is whole different kettle of fish but you're just across the river. Go ahead, bite the big apple....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 7, 2019 04:04

MisterDDDD
Even if it wasn't my hometown, I'd say the most "beautiful" city on this tour might just be Seattle.
Denver would get the 2nd place vote for me, although admittedly I haven't been to them all, but most.
I'd go with Seattle, Denver, and perhaps Chicago for the top three.

For those doing Seattle who have never been to the Northwest before, I would try to plan several days here if you can and would also strongly suggest a side, day trip, to Vancouver, Canada (2 1/2 hours by car). Truly a gorgeous city.

Yes, Vancouver is truly beautiful and reminds me of The City (SF), but it is not The City with its charm.

plexi

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 7, 2019 09:34

Mick likes San Francisco
[cbsloc.al]

Mick Jagger Meets San Francisco Mayor Feinstein in 1981
Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger met with San Francisco's then-mayor Dianne Feinstein to help her promote her "Save the Cable Cars" campaign in 1981.

Re: Ok Dudes Where?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2019 09:51

DeanGoodman
Hairball

"Poop Patrol"....'"to combat the rising tide of human feces flooding its streets"....
"the influx of poop on San Francisco's sidewalks has been a major source of concern within the city"
.eye popping smiley

Didn't realize it was getting that bad...

Apparently the river of feces has dried up under the new mayor. (I'd definitely choose Indianapolis, though.)

Good to know the Poop Patrol is doing their duties!

Maybe the Stones will play Sweet Virginia at the Santa Clara show..."Got to scrape the shit right off your shoes..."
Or Turd on the Run...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-07 09:52 by Hairball.

Date: January 7, 2019 19:41

clever, Hairball.

plexi

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: January 8, 2019 15:44

Perhaps now that the discussion is centered around poop, it is time to end this thread?!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 8, 2019 18:34

Jacksonville may not be the most beautiful city, but the setting of the Gator Bowl by the river on a warm spring night is a fine location to see The Stones.

Date: January 9, 2019 01:01

rubyeveryday
Perhaps now that the discussion is centered around poop, it is time to end this thread?!

You, sir, are not BV !!!

plexi

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 9, 2019 17:57

What's rather odd is that San Jose, the 10th largest city in the country is much closer to this stadium in Santa Clara than San Francisco. If this tour stop was at the baseball park in the city of San Francisco or at Oakland Coliseum (where the Stones have played previously in recent tours) then I would probably go. Those venues allowed easy public transit access within the city of SF and on BART from Oakland back to SF. Meaning you could stay in a nice hotel in San Francisco and be able to get easily back and forth between the venues. Levi's Stadium is 45 minutes south of San Francisco with no public transit access, horrendous traffic, and expensive parking. I'll pass.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: January 9, 2019 18:18

mnewman505
Levi's Stadium is 45 minutes south of San Francisco with no public transit access

This is simple not true.

[www.levisstadium.com]

I would have preferred ATT Park, but assume the Giants did not feel there was enough time to get the field back in shape given it's natural grass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 18:45 by coloradocanyons.

Date: January 9, 2019 19:15

Uber is proud to be the preferred rideshare partner of Levi’s® Stadium. Whether you’re cheering on a 49ers game or watching your favorite band in concert, Uber has your ride. This season, getting to and from Levi’s® Stadium is easier than ever with the designated Uber Zone located just outside the stadium at Red Lot 7.

San Francisco International Airport is approx. 31.42 miles (50.57 km) with 53 min travel time.

[www.uber.com]

Date: January 9, 2019 20:03

coloradocanyons
mnewman505
Levi's Stadium is 45 minutes south of San Francisco with no public transit access

This is simple not true.

[www.levisstadium.com]

I would have preferred ATT Park, but assume the Giants did not feel there was enough time to get the field back in shape given it's natural grass.

Hahaha, did you actually read the link you sent? Anyone from the Bay Area knows that's an insanely long convoluted ride on multiple types of transit. The SF Chronicle actually did a test coming from San Francisco and it took 2 hours from the city to Levi's Stadium.

[www.sfgate.com]

"Finishing third was C.W. Nevius, who rode from the 49ers' former home, San Francisco, on Caltrain then transferred to Santa Clara Valley Transportation Agency light-rail. His trip took just under two hours."

Date: January 9, 2019 20:12

mnewman505
coloradocanyons
mnewman505

This is simple not true.

[www.levisstadium.com]

Hahaha, did you actually read the link you sent? Anyone from the Bay Area knows that's an insanely long convoluted ride on multiple types of transit. The SF Chronicle actually did a test coming from San Francisco and it took 2 hours from the city to Levi's Stadium.

[www.sfgate.com]

"Finishing third was C.W. Nevius, who rode from the 49ers' former home, San Francisco, on Caltrain then transferred to Santa Clara Valley Transportation Agency light-rail. His trip took just under two hours."

Well, California has a lot to offer, and it’s a big place. But Uber or Lyft car service can help to/ from show if desired to stay further from venue.
Carmel, Monterey, Santa Cruz. If you stay in the Bay Area, still places to hike or nature around...
Edit: Muir Woods, my favorite/ top choice, if I was going to SF.
“The Coast Redwoods in California are the tallest trees in the world, and the most famous grove is in Muir Woods, just north of San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge. Take a Hop-On Hop-Off tour to Muir Woods”
It is a 40 minute drive from the city and astounding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 20:34 by 35love.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: January 9, 2019 21:15

mnewman505
What's rather odd is that San Jose, the 10th largest city in the country is much closer to this stadium in Santa Clara than San Francisco. If this tour stop was at the baseball park in the city of San Francisco or at Oakland Coliseum (where the Stones have played previously in recent tours) then I would probably go. Those venues allowed easy public transit access within the city of SF and on BART from Oakland back to SF. Meaning you could stay in a nice hotel in San Francisco and be able to get easily back and forth between the venues. Levi's Stadium is 45 minutes south of San Francisco with no public transit access, horrendous traffic, and expensive parking. I'll pass.

What the hell are you doing on a fan forum if a 45 minute drive or slight inconvenience having to switch trains on the way is going to stop you from seeing the band? Many people on here are traveling thousands of miles.

Date: January 9, 2019 22:44

erbissell
mnewman505

What the hell are you doing on a fan forum if a 45 minute drive or slight inconvenience having to switch trains on the way is going to stop you from seeing the band? Many people on here are traveling thousands of miles.

that's right!

plexi

Date: January 9, 2019 22:56

mnewman505
coloradocanyons
mnewman505

This is simple not true.

[www.levisstadium.com]

[www.sfgate.com]

All this is the fault of the York family who owns the 49ers. They didn't have the patience to work with the many groups in power and the fans in San Francisco and spend the time necessary to stay and build their stadium in The City. They chose the easy way out and decided to go down to where the (high tech) money in the Bay Area. And they have the nerve to still call their team the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers. They could have done it, the Giants did after nearly being sold to a Florida owner/city. And the Warriors are doing it now, with an arena opening in 2020 right near AT & T Park.

plexi

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 9, 2019 22:58

erbissell
mnewman505

I think it's a pretty valid complaint. The Rose Bowl and Foxboro are ~30 minutes from downtown? Otherwise all these shows are walking distance to the downtown proper area, if not right downtown. Levi's Stadium is in the middle of nowhere compared to the other venues.

Date: January 9, 2019 23:02

timbernardis
mnewman505
coloradocanyons
mnewman505

This is simple not true.

[www.levisstadium.com]

[www.sfgate.com]

All this is the fault of the York family who owns the 49ers. They didn't have the patience to work with the many groups in power and the fans in San Francisco and spend the time necessary to stay and build their stadium in The City. They chose the easy way out and decided to go down to where the (high tech) money in the Bay Area. And they have the nerve to still call their team the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers. They could have done it, the Giants did after nearly being sold to a Florida owner/city. And the Warriors are doing it now, with an arena opening in 2020 right near AT & T Park.

plexi

Wellll and again I dropped off watching/ knowing NFL when I quit gambling ;-)
but I do have experience w/
real estate and there isn’t much left in SF! Sometimes buildings lean.
Large massive crowds in and out....
but nothing compared to the golden years true.
Anywho
does Cali have tickets left?
What happened w/ the RS contests?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 23:02 by 35love.

Date: January 9, 2019 23:16

Gaetzi
erbissell
mnewman505

I think it's a pretty valid complaint. The Rose Bowl and Foxboro are ~30 minutes from downtown? Otherwise all these shows are walking distance to the downtown proper area, if not right downtown. Levi's Stadium is in the middle of nowhere compared to the other venues.
Valid, sure. But enough to pass on the show?
I agree with erbissel..
I'm driving around 2000 miles just for this show, many others traveling from much further...
Booked a room within walking distance to venue... can't see 45 miles being a reason to pass.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 9, 2019 23:30

I flew from CO to Argentina in 2016. It was about a 45 min drive from B.A. to La Plata but that's kind of an apples and oranges comparison, in my opinion. If I lived in the Bay area I'd 100% be there. But given all the other great cities on the tour, the proximity is one of the reasons I chose not to do this show.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 10, 2019 00:43

Gaetzi
If I lived in the Bay area I'd 100% be there. But given all the other great cities on the tour, the proximity is one of the reasons I chose not to do this show.

It's a quick 10-minute drive from SJC Airport, where I'll spend the night.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:34

Just upgraded our tickets for Levi stadium, from 208 (isle) down to 135 (isle) Keefs side. If they use a similar (Europe) stage I think i'm set. Happy guy, even though it's in Santa Clara. P.S. I have 4 tix (for cost) sec. 208 row 5 on the isle.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 10, 2019 08:22

Wonder what merchandise the band will surprise us with at tour. Hopefully some new designs...

Date: January 10, 2019 16:23

erbissell
mnewman505

Interesting since i've been a member of this site longer than you have.

I live in Chicago and don't own a car, haven't for years. My sister lives in Fremont CA so if they had played at Oracle Park (just renamed) or Oakland Coliseum it would have been insanely easier for me to get to and from the show. I'd simply take BART. You're finding it hard to understand why I wouldn't want to take a 4 hour round trip on transit to see a band in a terrible stadium that i've already seen 20+ times? Not to mention they are coming to Chicago so I get to see them twice here in the city I live in. I know it's sometimes hard for people on this board to believe but not everyone on here is in the top 1% of income earners on the planet. Not everyone can afford an extra several hundred dollars to rent a car on top of a plane ticket.

Date: January 10, 2019 16:44

mnewman505
erbissell
mnewman505

Interesting since i've been a member of this site longer than you have.

I live in Chicago and don't own a car, haven't for years. My sister lives in Fremont CA so if they had played at Oracle Park (just renamed) or Oakland Coliseum it would have been insanely easier for me to get to and from the show. I'd simply take BART. You're finding it hard to understand why I wouldn't want to take a 4 hour round trip on transit to see a band in a terrible stadium that i've already seen 20+ times? Not to mention they are coming to Chicago so I get to see them twice here in the city I live in. I know it's sometimes hard for people on this board to believe but not everyone on here is in the top 1% of income earners on the planet. Not everyone can afford an extra several hundred dollars to rent a car on top of a plane ticket.

To be fair, the original post came across as someone from the bay area that didn't want to travel the 45 miles.. Sorry for piling on.

Looking forward to the Chicago shows!!

Date: January 10, 2019 17:01

mnewman505
I get it. Here are the pro’s:
It’s on a Saturday! Free to be you and me. Leisure.
The Uber and lyft car systems work really well out here. Levi Stadium has a designated parking lot area just to grab your Uber. Uber from Levi to Fremont cheap easy pretty quick.
It’s going to be a special show with twilight highlights.
Either way, glad you’re catching other shows.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 10, 2019 17:57

swaff
Just upgraded our tickets for Levi stadium, from 208 (isle) down to 135 (isle) Keefs side. If they use a similar (Europe) stage I think i'm set. Happy guy, even though it's in Santa Clara. P.S. I have 4 tix (for cost) sec. 208 row 5 on the isle.

Did you just buy new tickets and sell the ones you had? Or is there some 'official' upgrade method?

Date: January 10, 2019 19:13

kovach
swaff

Did you just buy new tickets and sell the ones you had? Or is there some 'official' upgrade method?

I believe the answer lies in his PS..winking smiley
"P.S. I have 4 tix (for cost) sec. 208 row 5 on the isle."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home