Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 19, 2018 00:04

I just follow the 95 tongue sticking out smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 19, 2018 02:40

MononoM
I just follow the 95 tongue sticking out smiley

Metlife Center is missing. Its on 95. I may be mistaken but so is Miami.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 19, 2018 02:49

MononoM

daspy DOES know so follow his or her advice.

And going back to the west coast, yes, Half Moon Bay is a good place to visit and may be cheaper than the Monterey Peninsula. That said, u can find inexpensive places to stay in Monterey and Pacific Grove.

plexi

Date: December 19, 2018 22:05

timbernardis
MononoM

And going back to the west coast, yes, Half Moon Bay is a good place to visit and may be cheaper than the Monterey Peninsula. That said, u can find inexpensive places to stay in Monterey and Pacific Grove.

plexi

smileys with beer Another option is Santa Cruz which is a funky beach college town that is an hour from Santa Clara. There are some great restaurants down there, a cool beach and boardwalk scene. On weekdays in May also quite affordable.

Date: December 19, 2018 22:10

daspyknows
timbernardis
MononoM

plexi

smileys with beer Another option is Santa Cruz which is a funky beach college town that is an hour from Santa Clara. There are some great restaurants down there, a cool beach and boardwalk scene. On weekdays in May also quite affordable.

that is an option yes. just wasn't sure if the town would FIT bv but would be OK.

plexi

Date: December 20, 2018 00:39

timbernardis
daspyknows
timbernardis
MononoM

plexi

that is an option yes. just wasn't sure if the town would FIT bv but would be OK.

plexi

That I wouldn't know for sure but both are recommended places. If driving the Pacific Coast Highway up from the LA show Santa Cruz just south of Santa Clara and cutting over on Hwy 17 to I280 will bring you to Santa Clara. Half Moon Bay north so would likely require taking Hwy 92 to I280 South. Both awesome spots. Visiting a good friend in Half Moon Bay next week and I regularly go to the Catalyst in Santa Cruz for shows (Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite, Devil Makes Three, Steel Pulse).

In any event, suggestions and recommendations regarding bay area available to all who ask.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 20, 2018 01:02

daspyknows
timbernardis
daspyknows
timbernardis
MononoM

plexi

plexi

That I wouldn't know for sure but both are recommended places. If driving the Pacific Coast Highway up from the LA show Santa Cruz just south of Santa Clara and cutting over on Hwy 17 to I280 will bring you to Santa Clara. Half Moon Bay north so would likely require taking Hwy 92 to I280 South. Both awesome spots. Visiting a good friend in Half Moon Bay next week and I regularly go to the Catalyst in Santa Cruz for shows (Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite, Devil Makes Three, Steel Pulse).

In any event, suggestions and recommendations regarding bay area available to all who ask.

I think it is worth a mention that Hwy 17 requires extra caution, it can be dangerous. Especially if you don't know it well.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 20, 2018 14:47

MKjan
daspyknows
timbernardis
daspyknows
timbernardis
MononoM

plexi

plexi

I think it is worth a mention that Hwy 17 requires extra caution, it can be dangerous. Especially if you don't know it well.

Yes indeed! I used to live in the Santa Cruz mountains and had to travel on hwy 17 on a daily basis and frequently witnessed accidents. You really do need to pay extra attention driving between the Los Gatos and Scotts Valley part of the highway.

Posted by: RKH1981 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 19:58

Any chance for a show in Vegas at The Joint to wrap up the tour? Check out copy of tweet in article below that says:

"Hard Rock renovation to Virgin expected to start late summer or early fall. "Huge act" will perform at The Joint at the end of June, to be announced closer to Super Bowl."

[www.lasvegasnow.com]

fingers crossed!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 20, 2018 20:31

RKH1981
Any chance for a show in Vegas at The Joint to wrap up the tour? Check out copy of tweet in article below that says:

"Hard Rock renovation to Virgin expected to start late summer or early fall. "Huge act" will perform at The Joint at the end of June, to be announced closer to Super Bowl."

[www.lasvegasnow.com]

fingers crossed!

I could see it..
A lot of "huge acts" out there I suppose but it would be a cool way to end the tour.
Vegas shows are *always great, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 20, 2018 20:51

RKH1981

[www.lasvegasnow.com]

fingers crossed!

Seems the Stones are purposely avoiding *Vegas this time around for a variety of reasons.
I would expect someone like Santana who has done numerous residencies at the Joint in recent years to be the "huge act".
Plus the Joint is no longer the small venue it once was since it's transition in 2009 - what used to be 1,500 capacity is now at 4,000.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 20, 2018 21:56

Huge act in Vegas: Def Leppard!

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: EdithGroove ()
Date: December 21, 2018 15:17

I can host 1-2 people for the Gillette show.

Date: December 21, 2018 15:22

The Stones are "purposely avoiding *Vegas" like they're purposely avoiding all the other cities they've sold out on their last couple trips through the states.
Not a Zip Code city on this tour as well as no Indio, Ca. winking smiley
Not rocket science.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 21, 2018 15:34

RKH1981

[www.lasvegasnow.com]

fingers crossed!

I bet it’s U2 drinking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 21, 2018 19:44

timbernardis
BV -- if u go to Monterey which is only about 15 miles from Salinas, you should also go to nearby (3 or 4 miles) Carmel By The Sea with its famous white sand beach and unique, individualized homes in all kinds of architectural styled with no two homes quite the same. And in between Monterey and Carmel is Pebble Beach with its famous golf course (one of the greatest in the world) and the 17 Mile Drive with huge unique homes and some very pretty scenery where land and sea meet.

You could also rent a car and drive up Hiway 1 from Santa Barbara to Carmel and Monterey and eventually to San Francisco and the Bay Area where Santa Clara is located. The road is right on the water and two lane only but with just spectacular views of the Pacific. Slow going, but with that scenery, that is the way to go, and you have a week between shows. You will drive through Big Sur and can stop at Hearst Castle. The train goes inland and you will not see these beautiful ocean views. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so grab it.

plexi

I did a road trip a year ago from SF to Carmel. Stayed 4 days in Carmel and then to LA stopping at Hearst Csatle which is magnificent

Date: December 21, 2018 19:53

MisterDDDD
The Stones are "purposely avoiding *Vegas" like they're purposely avoiding all the other cities they've sold out on their last couple trips through the states.
Not rocket science.

Why you are adamant to revisit this is peculiar, but it's been noted many times the Stones had a difficult time selling out the two shows in *Vegas '16.
As reported by lem metlow, none of the locals and/or high rollers gave a crap about the Stones, and the vibe in the city just wasn't there as it had been in the past (I can personally vouch for that).
Why else would entire sections for both shows have price drops in the weeks leading up to the shows? I think they bit off more than they could chew by scheduling two shows at the sterile TMobile Arena, and the outrageously high high prices certainly didn't help hence the pricedrops. They would have been better off playing at the much higher quality old school MGM as they did in the past, and set the prices more realistically.
I know you like to use the modern definition of "sold out", but we all know by now it's all arbitrary. Tickets were practically being given away on stubhub the day of the show (I bought floor seats for 70% off face value), and there were still some available at the box office all the way up to showtime. Gaps of empty seats littered the arena! How this can be considered "sold out" is questionable.

But why look backwards, it's time to look forward to the upcoming tour!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 21, 2018 20:04

Hairball
MisterDDDD
Not rocket science.

Why you are adamant to revisit this is peculiar, but it's been noted many times the Stones had a difficult time selling out the two shows in *Vegas '16.
As reported by lem metlow, none of the locals and/or high rollers gave a crap about the Stones, and the vibe in the city just wasn't there as it had been in the past (I can personally vouch for that).
Why else would entire sections for both shows have price drops in the weeks leading up to the shows? I think they bit off more than they could chew by scheduling two shows at the sterile TMobile Arena, and the outrageously high high prices certainly didn't help hence the pricedrops. They would have been better off playing at the much higher quality old school MGM as they did in the past, and set the prices more realistically.
I know you like to use the modern definition of "sold out", but we all know by now it's all arbitrary. Tickets were practically being given away on stubhub the day of the show (I bought floor seats for 70% off face value), and there were still some available at the box office all the way up to showtime. Gaps of empty seats littered the arena! How this can be considered "sold out" is questionable.

But why look backwards, it's time to look forward to the upcoming tour!

I was at the Vegas show and wanted to upgrade my tickets. I went to the box office and was told there were none available.

Date: December 21, 2018 20:13

steffialicia
I was at the Vegas show and wanted to upgrade my tickets. I went to the box office and was told there were none available.

You must have just missed them steffialicia!
It was also reported by someone here that they released more just prior to show time - probably limited view side seats, but they were available!
Or better yet you could have looked on stubhub, and could have bought an upgrade for a fraction of the price!

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: December 21, 2018 20:45

You’re all wrong. It’s the baddest band in the land......KISS!

Date: December 21, 2018 23:22

sarahunwin
timbernardis
BV -- if u go to Monterey which is only about 15 miles from Salinas, you should also go to nearby (3 or 4 miles) Carmel By The Sea with its famous white sand beach and unique, individualized homes in all kinds of architectural styled with no two homes quite the same. And in between Monterey and Carmel is Pebble Beach with its famous golf course (one of the greatest in the world) and the 17 Mile Drive with huge unique homes and some very pretty scenery where land and sea meet.

You could also rent a car and drive up Hiway 1 from Santa Barbara to Carmel and Monterey and eventually to San Francisco and the Bay Area where Santa Clara is located. The road is right on the water and two lane only but with just spectacular views of the Pacific. Slow going, but with that scenery, that is the way to go, and you have a week between shows. You will drive through Big Sur and can stop at Hearst Castle. The train goes inland and you will not see these beautiful ocean views. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so grab it.

plexi

I did a road trip a year ago from SF to Carmel. Stayed 4 days in Carmel and then to LA stopping at Hearst Csatle which is magnificent

Sparkly Top, good to hear from u. Looks like our paths will cross in Chicago as well as in SF/SC!

plexi

Date: December 21, 2018 23:30

Hairball
steffialicia

You must have just missed them steffialicia!
It was also reported by someone here that they released more just prior to show time - probably limited view side seats, but they were available!
Or better yet you could have looked on stubhub, and could have bought an upgrade for a fraction of the price!

Lol.
Saw lots of people turned away at the box office as well, steffialicia.
"Shocking" that there were "reports" of last minute tickets being released, (like every other show) once the seating and stage in place etc.
Also "shocking" that people looking to make a buck on Stubhub..didn't (like every other show.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-21 23:32 by MisterDDDD.

Date: December 22, 2018 00:48

*Vegas is cursed in the eyes of the Stones - they'll avoid it like the black plague for the rest of their touring years!
(Unless of course the play a private show for another billionaire)

FrogSugar
Huge act in Vegas: Def Leppard!

[www.blabbermouth.net]

"... Band Perform 'Greatest-Hits Set"'

The Stones' are leading by example - now even Def Leppard thinks they can get away with it!
Thought they were a bit young to already be cashing in on the nostalgia, but like the Stones their best material was decades ago so can't really blame them I guess.

Date: December 22, 2018 01:12

Jfk19562003

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: December 22, 2018 01:42

Hello everyone again. PIT has appeared for the 2nd Chicago show at 750 ea + fees. In the 2 NJ they follow VIP packages at 1600 and no pit resale or obvious pit at the real price. Do you think that the pit will soon appear at prices closer to the real value or is it practically impossible given that they are the most important and final shows of the tour? Thank you!

Date: December 22, 2018 01:55

makustone
Hello everyone again. PIT has appeared for the 2nd Chicago show at 750 ea + fees. In the 2 NJ they follow VIP packages at 1600 and no pit resale or obvious pit at the real price. Do you think that the pit will soon appear at prices closer to the real value or is it practically impossible given that they are the most important and final shows of the tour? Thank you!

I've been looking at Chicago II for awhile now, and that $750 pit 1 resale ticket has always been available - with fees $886.88 total - mobile only.
Chances are that many of the overpriced VIP tix - and there appears to be many of them - will eventually come down in cost quite a bit after they go unsold.

Date: December 22, 2018 02:15

Hairball
makustone

I've been looking at Chicago II for awhile now, and that $750 pit 1 resale ticket has always been available - with fees $886.88 total - mobile only.
Chances are that many of the overpriced VIP tix - and there appears to be many of them - will eventually come down in cost quite a bit after they go unsold.
I am looking for nj and chi since the sale began every day every now and then. I expect prices to fall to their normal value as soon as possible. It is a very stressful situation to be looking for the dream location all the time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 22, 2018 03:09

daspyknows
Jfk19562003

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

There's no irony in that "the baddest band in the land" - they truly are awful. Most sucksessful garage band ever.

Date: December 22, 2018 03:11

makustone
Hairball
makustone

I am looking for nj and chi since the sale began every day every now and then. I expect prices to fall to their normal value as soon as possible. It is a very stressful situation to be looking for the dream location all the time.

It might be a while before massive price drops happen considering those shows are over five months away - they (ticketmaster, Stones, et al) will try their best to sell tix at the highest amount possible.
But as has been mentioned many times by many different people - be patient! Good to keep checking though as you never know when something reasonable will become available.
If it's anything like the last two legs of No Filter (as well as slow selling *Vegas '16 and Desert Trip), there will be plenty available one way or another including official discount sites like Costco, Groupon, etc.
And then there's the possibility of more Lucky Dips becoming avaialable - be sure to check the Stones website/tour page!

Date: December 22, 2018 04:52

Hairball
makustone
Hairball
makustone

It might be a while before massive price drops happen considering those shows are over five months away - they (ticketmaster, Stones, et al) will try their best to sell tix at the highest amount possible.
But as has been mentioned many times by many different people - be patient! Good to keep checking though as you never know when something reasonable will become available.
If it's anything like the last two legs of No Filter (as well as slow selling *Vegas '16 and Desert Trip), there will be plenty available one way or another including official discount sites like Costco, Groupon, etc.
And then there's the possibility of more Lucky Dips becoming avaialable - be sure to check the Stones website/tour page!

Thank you very much for the info of Cotsco and Groupon. I did not know, I did not know it! if I will continue waiting. I every day every half or 1 hour I enter ticketmaster to see if I change any price. I already deleted the cookies and the history as they said here. I think you can not escape those PIT! It's the trip of my life to go see the Stones from Argentina to USA!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home