Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 13, 2018 12:04

Cristiano Radtke
SMG-Run Stadiums to Host a Third of the Rolling Stones' Spring U.S. Tour Dates

[www.billboard.com]

BILLBOARD: When was the itinerary fully confirmed?
Jim McCue, senior VP of SMG : About 11:30 p.m. the night before the Nov. 30 on-sale, joked McCue. “That’s kind of the way we look at things now.”

Well the faft is these guys are not telling the truth. All of the sixteen dates were fixed early November, including Chi #2, NJ #2 and New Orleans. They just pretend everything is decided last minute like half an hour before tickets went on sale. The truth is venues were booked and tongues were on display and web site contents were prepared weeks before the tickets went to sale Nov. 30.

Bjornulf

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 13, 2018 23:34

keefmick
Quick ticket buying question for the group--today I tried to buy tickets for Bob Seger on my computer at work and after getting tickets in my cart, it said something like we can't complete the transaction on this device so please use a different device. I have bought many many tickets on my work computer/laptop, including numerous Stones tickets on the upcoming tour. I know that this has happened to others here. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks!
What is very strange is that this message didn't appear every time when trying to buy a ticket. Even when logged in to Ticketmaster. I had a pit for Seattle in my cart, got the message and couldn't complete the purchase. Later bought a floor B with no problem. So unless I'm mistaken it's not just cookies and caches, as I've not cleared either.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:45

bv
Cristiano Radtke
SMG-Run Stadiums to Host a Third of the Rolling Stones' Spring U.S. Tour Dates

[www.billboard.com]

BILLBOARD: When was the itinerary fully confirmed?
Jim McCue, senior VP of SMG : About 11:30 p.m. the night before the Nov. 30 on-sale, joked McCue. “That’s kind of the way we look at things now.”

Well the faft is these guys are not telling the truth. All of the sixteen dates were fixed early November, including Chi #2, NJ #2 and New Orleans. They just pretend everything is decided last minute like half an hour before tickets went on sale. The truth is venues were booked and tongues were on display and web site contents were prepared weeks before the tickets went to sale Nov. 30.

I'm reading it as the fact that they said "joked" gives it away - it wasn't an "11th hour" situation, hence him saying 11:30.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 14, 2018 04:00

chriseganstar
keefmick
Quick ticket buying question for the group--today I tried to buy tickets for Bob Seger on my computer at work and after getting tickets in my cart, it said something like we can't complete the transaction on this device so please use a different device. I have bought many many tickets on my work computer/laptop, including numerous Stones tickets on the upcoming tour. I know that this has happened to others here. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks!
What is very strange is that this message didn't appear every time when trying to buy a ticket. Even when logged in to Ticketmaster. I had a pit for Seattle in my cart, got the message and couldn't complete the purchase. Later bought a floor B with no problem. So unless I'm mistaken it's not just cookies and caches, as I've not cleared either.

I've had this happen to me a couple times recently on Ticketmaster Canada website. I've always used my laptop to get tickets.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 14, 2018 08:06

Just got my tickets in the mail!
Well alright!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 08:32 by babyblue.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 14, 2018 11:13

babyblue
Well alright!

...Gréat feeling, innit... thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 14, 2018 15:22

Flights booked from Helsinki to Newark and back from Chicago. Two weeks on the road (Jun 11 thru Jun 26). Things look pretty much set, just gotta figure out which hotel booking(s) in Chicago I will actually use. The one-way flight from EWR to ORD I'll worry about later, it's way too early to book that yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 21:56 by Topi.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 14, 2018 18:53

I'm still hunting the various broker sites for single tix to both Chicago shows after being skunked on all the pre-sales and the general sale. Maybe I'm getting rusty.

The other day I couldn't help but think about a certain Stones song from the "40 Licks" compilation that oddly enough expressed my feelings about the whole experience so far....

Ain't it funny how things happen
Just as we think we've got it all straight
Everything seems to be moving forward
But instead we just sit around and wait

Seems things are in a lockdown
Nervous looks all around
Everyone is speaking in whispers
No one wants to make a sound

I'm losing my touch
Losing my touch
Losing my touch baby, way too much

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2018 19:31

Topi
Flights booked to Newark and back from Chicago. Two weeks on the road (Jun 11 thru Jun 26). Things look pretty much set, just gotta figure out which hotel booking(s) in Chicago I will actually use. The one-way flight from EWR to ORD I'll worry about later, it's way too early to book that yet.

Doing similar from Seattle, taking a bus or a train from NY to CHI though..
Takes some extra time, but a good way to see the countryside and less expensive. I'm doing an overnight route which also saves a nights lodging cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 14, 2018 20:35

MisterDDDD
Topi
Flights booked to Newark and back from Chicago. Two weeks on the road (Jun 11 thru Jun 26). Things look pretty much set, just gotta figure out which hotel booking(s) in Chicago I will actually use. The one-way flight from EWR to ORD I'll worry about later, it's way too early to book that yet.

Takes some extra time, but a good way to see the countryside and less expensive. I'm doing an overnight route which also saves a nights lodging cool smiley

Train!!! I did the greydog once a long time ago and it was brutal. Also our "food stops" were at Arby's. Not my choice for fine dining.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2018 20:38

Arby's and Greyhound... always wondered what that processed meat was made of!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 14, 2018 23:42

babyblue
Well alright!

Great News! Which venue? Are you taking Frosty to the concert? smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 14, 2018 23:50

MisterDDDD
Topi

Takes some extra time, but a good way to see the countryside and less expensive. I'm doing an overnight route which also saves a nights lodging cool smiley[/quote

*This shows different Amtrak trains (3 a day) time/ price NYC- Chicago
[www.wanderu.com]

Topi if your first USA June is perfect you will have a magnificent trip I predict.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 15, 2018 00:41

Ok troops , isn't it really all a given other than planning the pre and post show parties? smileys with beer

I debated, waffled, asked myself why, and in the end it came down to all of you guys as much as the Stones. Time to grease the wheels on the carts and get this gypsy caravan rolling again.

Jillian, you have no reason to not be at Santa Clara, Beast we're doing the last. Bjornolf and Ben the Apprentice will be there at every show , as well as Matt I suspect. Linda , you're a pit fixture at this point. I can't wait to see all of you and tip a mug , even if its just tea >grinning smiley<

Barring getting stopped at the border, I'll be at Santa Clara , then start again in DC until the end. Beast put on your dancing shoes, we got plans!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 15, 2018 01:23

Speaking of the new US Tour, I heard Mike was thinking of letting k and r into his dressing room,
(not both of them at the same time however),
for the first time in 30 or 37 years or so, IF
they behave nicely and do well on the first part of this upcoming tour.
progress.
not likely to happen,
but
progress.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 15, 2018 03:14

tickets for Gillette and Metlife show #1 received

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 15, 2018 06:26

Chris Fountain
babyblue
Well alright!

I'm going g to Seattle & & Denver. Hope it won't be chilly.A friend is taking care of Frosty Chris. What shows are you taking in?

Date: December 15, 2018 09:37

babyblue
Chris Fountain
babyblue
Well alright!

I'm going g to Seattle & & Denver. Hope it won't be chilly.A friend is taking care of Frosty Chris. What shows are you taking in?

Miami with wife and we pick up Lucky Dip Tickets at Will Call. Expecting the worse seats but hoping for the best -can also negotiate-

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 15, 2018 13:48

babyblue
Chris Fountain
babyblue
Well alright!

you should be ok in seattle on may 22. unless it rains, a sweatshirt usually sufficient at night that time of year.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 15, 2018 18:42

True story ;my friend Clay is going to see the Stones at a Rock show in DC ; geologically hilarious!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 15, 2018 19:49

MisterDDDD
Topi

The train from NYC to CHI is a nightmare! Be smart, Fly!

Date: December 15, 2018 19:59

The airfare from NYC to CHI is available right now on major airlines non-stop on June 18th and June 19th for only $67 !! It will never be less. Buy now!

Date: December 15, 2018 20:08

What is the return fare?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 15, 2018 20:27

DREAMTIME

Yeah, don't take the train. Freight trains take priority on those tracks. Flying is a more efficient use of your time. This is not Europe (where the train experience is a bit over-rated, too, tbh).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-15 21:21 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 15, 2018 21:47

Agree you probably would not want to train between NY and Chicago, but don’t write off trains all together in US. For instance, Amtrak along the Eastern corridor can be a very good way to get between, say DC, Philli and NY and Boston etc. It can be on the expensive side - best bet is to buy in advance to get discounts.

Date: December 15, 2018 22:54

DEmerson
Agree you probably would not want to train between NY and Chicago, but don’t write off trains all together in US. For instance, Amtrak along the Eastern corridor can be a very good way to get between, say DC, Philli and NY and Boston etc. It can be on the expensive side - best bet is to buy in advance to get discounts.

The Bus is a cheaper and more fun way to go with wifi and bathroom

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:12

DREAMTIME
DEmerson

'Fun' in a cramped, stop-every-20-minutes, loudmouth-drug-alcohol-crazed-weirdos kind of way - sure, whatever you say.

At least on the train you can get up and walk and go to the food/bar/lounge car, and have a bit more space & comfort. Not to mention less 'back-of-the-bus' types.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:34

mosthigh
DREAMTIME
DEmerson

'Fun' in a cramped, stop-every-20-minutes, loudmouth-drug-alcohol-crazed-weirdos kind of way - sure, whatever you say.

At least on the train you can get up and walk and go to the food/bar/lounge car, and have a bit more space & comfort. Not to mention less 'back-of-the-bus' types.

The Bus...I mentioned it somewhere recently, but hearing "the bus" reminds me of the scene from Midnight Cowboy when poor old Ratso wets himself:

Ratso

Sad ending to that movie after that....

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:47

mosthigh
DREAMTIME
DEmerson

and stopping at arby's for food. With airfares at $67 fly to Chicago and enjoy the city or rent a car and drive yourself or go on craigslist and lineup a ride share.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:23

DREAMTIME
MisterDDDD
Topi

Correct. It Amtrak indicates the trip is 16 hours, for example, you can conservatively add 4-5 hours to these types of trips

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home