Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: December 8, 2018 04:57

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
New Tickets showing up for Chicago #1. So games are being played.

All 9 of them. Really crappy seats, singles only.

I did not go look but was several pairs. All good seats but priced high

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: December 8, 2018 06:19

in vivid seats appeared PIT for NJ from the 600 ea. Is it reliable to buy out there? Are the tickets true?

Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 8, 2018 07:25

Yes, but there will likely be a hefty service fee. Like 25%.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 8, 2018 09:03

tony

Their service fees actually seem to be less than Stubhub/TM.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 8, 2018 12:46

tony

i just don't get this thing with all those hefty fees. Elsewhere (for example Germany) it's all included in the ticket prices. The only adidtional fees to be payed are postage and a little fee for the promoter (all in all ca. 7 Euros, i.e.some $ 9).

Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 8, 2018 15:46

Some ticket brokers have the fees included like Seatgeek and Tickpick. Stubhub gives the option in it’s filter to add the fees and others you can’t see until checkout. You really have to be aware.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: December 8, 2018 16:56

Who's in the 2019 touring band?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 8, 2018 17:36

rubyeveryday
Who's in the 2019 touring band?

Most likely the same since 2016.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2018 22:37

Jazz Fest tickets are $65 in advance, $70 after a certain date, BEFORE fees, $80 at the gate (ha ha - no fees).

So imagine how people are going to feel with the second Thursday being as low as $175 and as high as $200 BEFORE FEES, as of now, just because the Stones are playing - and some people won't want to see the Stones but see other acts.

They aren't gonna go.

The other acts don't get screwed out of any money - it's all guaranteed - but they sure will get screwed out of having people show up.

It's this very thing that has pissed off a lot of people that love going to Jazz Fest, the big acts coming in and screwing things up.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 8, 2018 23:05

The Fest pushed locals day - which would normally be the Thursday before the second weekend - to the Thursday before the first weekend. Therefore Thursday, May 2 is an added date so nobody is getting screwed out of anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-08 23:06 by Woz.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: December 8, 2018 23:44

I bought a pair of tickets for both AZ and Seattle.

Last row, aisle- Club level, Keith side, 3/4 away from main stage for Seattle.

For Glendale, I went with “Ring Of Honor” upper level, 1st row aisle ...about one o’clock ...full stage view - no one in front of me.

I bought both pairs off StubHub.

Yeah, may have paid a bit more, maybe could have waited it out & got close to the stage or whatever, but I’m happy.

I like having my tickets. Wife & I like the aisle and actual seats. I don’t like messing with Tmster. Only way I buy tickets anymore.

Have fun everyone!

Date: December 9, 2018 00:01

GasLightStreet

It's this very thing that has pissed off a lot of people that love going to Jazz Fest, the big acts coming in and screwing things up.

If they're going to be pissed off, it should be at the organizers bringing the bands in, not the bands themselves. It's not like the bands are demanding to play Jazz Fest.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 9, 2018 00:40

I get the feeling that no one else will be playing with The Stones in New Orleans that Thursday...one stage only.
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 9, 2018 00:51

I believe you are correct Kurt. In any event the Stones are a bonus and not sucking time away from anyone else

Date: December 9, 2018 01:51

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

If they're going to be pissed off, it should be at the organizers bringing the bands in, not the bands themselves. It's not like the bands are demanding to play Jazz Fest.

People know that.

There are a lot of people that say 'There's no local acts.' Which is silly. There's a LOT of local acts - and continental regional acts ie the South, and with respect to the international regional history, there's always various African and Caribbean acts.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 9, 2018 02:50

GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

People know that.

There are a lot of people that say 'There's no local acts.' Which is silly. There's a LOT of local acts - and continental regional acts ie the South, and with respect to the international regional history, there's always various African and Caribbean acts.

It's a shame they play on what is normally "locals" day.
Even though they moved "locals" day to the prior Thursday (as I understand it)
playing on what traditionally has been locals day is not helping.

If they played on what was actually the "extra" day, I'm certain the event would be a lot better received.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: December 9, 2018 07:40

Kurt
I get the feeling that no one else will be playing with The Stones in New Orleans that Thursday...one stage only.
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

Well the script is bands will be around different stages as normal until the Stones play and then they will be the only band playing...will see in January.

Date: December 9, 2018 09:11

coloradocanyons
Kurt
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

Well the script is bands will be around different stages as normal until the Stones play and then they will be the only band playing...will see in January.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster for a variety of reasons, but I guess we'll see.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 9, 2018 19:48

Kurt
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

That’s how it was at Summerfest in Milwaukee 2015. The Stones played at the Marcus Amphitheater the night before the official opening of the festival.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 10, 2018 01:31

makustone
in vivid seats appeared PIT for NJ from the 600 ea. Is it reliable to buy out there? Are the tickets true?

Vivid seats is very reliable. You have fees but they have good reviews. I spoke to a broker who gave me some tips on buying & he used vivid seats.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 10, 2018 12:46

Aquamarine
coloradocanyons
Kurt
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster for a variety of reasons, but I guess we'll see.

Has been done exactly like this on all festival days the Stones have played, since 2013 (that Desert thungie not withstanding) - so I don’t see why this ‘normal practice’ should turn out ‘a disaster’...

But, more importantly: it seems we’re talking about this gig as if it has already been confirmed - has it? (I’m afraid I missed a couple of recent posts/ pages, in this thread.)

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 15:15

Aside from Jazz Fest

New Orleans is expensive. They have a 17 -20% "Gratuity Tax" on everything. Also, while walking around Bourbon Street, etc... if you need to go to the bathroom, There are not many options. You may have to go into a McDonald's or other retail business and buy something just to relieve yourself. Carry your wallet in the front pocket.

Other than that, folks are friendly there.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 10, 2018 16:24

Chris Fountain
Aside from Jazz Fest

New Orleans is expensive. They have a 17 -20% "Gratuity Tax" on everything. Also, while walking around Bourbon Street, etc... if you need to go to the bathroom, There are not many options. You may have to go into a McDonald's or other retail business and buy something just to relieve yourself. Carry your wallet in the front pocket.

Other than that, folks are friendly there.

Springtime in New Orleans
have lunch at Mick’s:
Commander’s Palace – Treat yourself to a luxurious courtyard lunch at this New Orleans staple. 25-cent martini specials are available on weekdays during lunch.
Then, take a garden district walk:
Opulent homes, fascinating history, and Lafayette Cemetery #1 are the major components of this incredibly popular New Orleans tour
Flowers and big trees galore.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 10, 2018 23:19

i was sort of looking around at the Pasadena Rose Bowl show tickets
available just now; i'm just priced out of this in seats an old faht would tolerate with happiness for a night out; or at all pretty much; $$.
but i'm thrilled they are coming; totally in the spirit...
it'll be great to have them in town.
i've only seen a handful of live shows; some all the way back to 72 summer
and now it's 19 summer, wow...
and also other times in 70's and 80's but that's it...
i'm totally there in spirit every stop; hoping for periscopes and all that..
how exciting the Rolling Stones are coming to town. yess!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 23:52

@hopkins

maybe some tix will decrease in price
missed opportunity not to see them when in neighborhood
ADTL may be played.
go for it!
opportunities diminish with time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-10 23:54 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: December 11, 2018 05:40

hopkins
i was sort of looking around at the Pasadena Rose Bowl show tickets
available just now; i'm just priced out of this in seats an old faht would tolerate with happiness for a night out; or at all pretty much; $$.
but i'm thrilled they are coming; totally in the spirit...
it'll be great to have them in town.
i've only seen a handful of live shows; some all the way back to 72 summer
and now it's 19 summer, wow...
and also other times in 70's and 80's but that's it...
i'm totally there in spirit every stop; hoping for periscopes and all that..
how exciting the Rolling Stones are coming to town. yess!!!

If you are patient you can get in cheapish

Date: December 11, 2018 06:44

Woz
The Fest pushed locals day - which would normally be the Thursday before the second weekend - to the Thursday before the first weekend. Therefore Thursday, May 2 is an added date so nobody is getting screwed out of anything.

Exactly.

Date: December 11, 2018 06:47

slewan
tony

i just don't get this thing with all those hefty fees. Elsewhere (for example Germany) it's all included in the ticket prices. The only adidtional fees to be payed are postage and a little fee for the promoter (all in all ca. 7 Euros, i.e.some $ 9).

So if the fees are included in the ticket price in Germany, then you have no problem with them being itemized elsewhere and added on top of the ticket price... is what you're saying.

For example, in Louisiana, if you pay for a room in St Tammany Parish that's $125, with fees (taxes) it's $135. If you are told the price for the room is $135, you have no problem with it.

Date: December 11, 2018 06:52

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

People know that.

It's a shame they play on what is normally "locals" day.
Even though they moved "locals" day to the prior Thursday (as I understand it)
playing on what traditionally has been locals day is not helping.

If they played on what was actually the "extra" day, I'm certain the event would be a lot better received.

That's a pretty good summary of it. If it could be worked out to work, ha ha, headlines would say FIRST THURSDAY ADDED - THE ROLLING STONES.

Date: December 11, 2018 06:53

Kurt
One night only.
The Rolling Stones.
Not “JazzFest”...
hope I’m wrong.

You are correct.

At 5 PM onward no other stages will have bands playing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home