Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:11

I'm fairly tall, what's the best spot in the pit to be?

And what time should I be in line?

Date: December 6, 2018 18:36

Gaetzi

If you are fairly tall. Right behind me would be great!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:38

Gaetzi

Behind the short people. You should be in line before the concert ends. Whatever you want.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 18:39 by corriecas.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:47

Gaetzi

I'm not telling you, cuz otherwise you'll be the first one to catch Mick's shirt when he tosses it!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:59

FrogSugar
Gaetzi

I'm not telling you, cuz otherwise you'll be the first one to catch Mick's shirt when he tosses it!

Think I'd rather catch Keith's cigarettes' butt.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 6, 2018 19:19

Gaetzi

right behind me

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 6, 2018 19:52

Gaetzi

I'm 6'4" and my favourite spot is at the back of the pit, Keith's side, about 6 feet in from the catwalk. Close to the action but can see both sides of the stage.

syrel

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: December 6, 2018 21:11

syrel
Gaetzi

I'm 6'4" and my favourite spot is at the back of the pit, Keith's side, about 6 feet in from the catwalk. Close to the action but can see both sides of the stage.

syrel

Exactly where i go and where I'll be for MetLife 1 and 2 Keiths side naturally. Though Ive always enjoyed Ronnies side too especially during Licks when we had so many gems like CYHMK. Watching his solos and his slide work is fascinating at times.

For Foxboro I went for A2 row 2 right in from Catwalk.

Date: December 6, 2018 21:30

syrel
Gaetzi

syrel

Thanks syrel, appreciate the reply!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 6, 2018 21:56

You don't really see the show if you are in the pit. You see the band, but you don't see the show. You need to be part of the entire crowd to see the show, way out of the pit.

Bjornulf

Date: December 6, 2018 21:57

chevysales
syrel
Gaetzi

syrel

Exactly where i go and where I'll be for MetLife 1 and 2 Keiths side naturally. Though Ive always enjoyed Ronnies side too especially during Licks when we had so many gems like CYHMK. Watching his solos and his slide work is fascinating at times.

For Foxboro I went for A2 row 2 right in from Catwalk.

I always choose Keith's side, but ended up with Ronnie's side with LDs in Cardiff, and actually quite enjoyed it. You see quite a bit more of Mick on Ronnie's side, for some reason (or at least did that night). The big disadvantage is that you can see a lot more of Chuck.

syrel

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 6, 2018 22:29

I was in keith side for Prague this year and was disappointed to not see Charlie because there is a cymbal in front of his head. In future it'll be always Ronnie side for me.

Date: December 6, 2018 23:17

I've seen the majority of my Stones shows from the lower 100 level, one GA show from the field in Buenos Aires, one show just right of the walkway in SD and once in the nose bleeds at the MGM in Vegas. I'm really looking forward to the Pit experience.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2018 23:30

syrel
I always choose Keith's side, but ended up with Ronnie's side with LDs in Cardiff, and actually quite enjoyed it. You see quite a bit more of Mick on Ronnie's side, for some reason (or at least did that night). The big disadvantage is that you can see a lot more of Chuck.

syrel
Noticed that on the last leg as well.
Also noticed that at the end of the catwalk/t-stage he spent much more time on Keith's side of it.. I positioned myself on that side of the Golden Circle as a result, including the Cardiff show, which was an exceptional one cool smiley

Date: December 6, 2018 23:33

MisterDDDD
syrel

syrel
Noticed that on the last leg as well.
Also noticed that at the end of the catwalk/t-stage he spent much more time on Keith's side of it.. I positioned myself on that side of the Golden Circle (and GA field) as a result, including Cardiff, which was an exceptional show cool smiley

Date: December 6, 2018 23:37

StonedRambler
I was in keith side for Prague this year and was disappointed to not see Charlie because there is a cymbal in front of his head. In future it'll be always Ronnie side for me.

Actually, yes, that was something I noticed about being on Ronnie's side too - More Charlie. I am thinking I might buy some pits on Ronnie's side this year but it's hard to break a habit of a lifetime.

syrel

Date: December 6, 2018 23:48

bv
You don't really see the show if you are in the pit. You see the band, but you don't see the show. You need to be part of the entire crowd to see the show, way out of the pit.

I agree....I like 10th row when no pit. But being in the pit I plan to stand towards the back.

And my other shows I will be a little ways back...but not much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 23:50 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: December 6, 2018 23:54

and....still no new tickets showing up out of the blue on Ticketmaster.

and very few tickets to choose from.

hopefully they start letting a few out

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 7, 2018 00:51

Seems to me that tickets are not selling well at all. I dont think that it’s because the Stones have fallen out of favor, but the prices for a stadium show are beyond ridiculous. Who in their right mind is going to spend $300+ per ticket for a nosebleed seat 3/4 of a football stadium away?

Will they lower the prices at some point to get people in the building or are they happy to play to stadiums that are 40% sold?

Date: December 7, 2018 01:15

James Kirk
Seems to me that tickets are not selling well at all. I dont think that it’s because the Stones have fallen out of favor, but the prices for a stadium show are beyond ridiculous. Who in their right mind is going to spend $300+ per ticket for a nosebleed seat 3/4 of a football stadium away?

Will they lower the prices at some point to get people in the building or are they happy to play to stadiums that are 40% sold?

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, as sales are difficult to calculate at this juncture, but face value nosebleeds are available at around $90 at a lot of the stadiums. Besides a couple slow selling venues (Jacksonville/Glendale?) they appear to be selling well to me.
Can't judge the pricing on platinum or resale prices.. standard ticket pricing is still available (some venues and ticket locations more than others).
One thing we've learned over the last several tours, they will sell them, whether by more Lucky Dips, or Groupons etc. With this much time,the markets they chose, and price flexing, they will be full or nearly full by show time. Guaranteed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-07 01:16 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 7, 2018 01:45

So, if not the pit, what are the optimal seats for a Stone's show? The floor such as in Sect B, row 1 or one of the lower bowl sections, row 1 or 2 (I'm looking at the Chicago stage on TM)?

Date: December 7, 2018 01:52

For the first shows in New Jersey and Chicago there are hardly any "standard priced" tickets left. Less than two hundred for Chicago and 33 total for NJ.

Gotta think we'll see more released soon, platinum and package tickets released at least, I would think...

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 7, 2018 02:21

MisterDDDD
James Kirk

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, as sales are difficult to calculate at this juncture, but face value nosebleeds are available at around $90 at a lot of the stadiums. Besides a couple slow selling venues (Jacksonville/Glendale?) they appear to be selling well to me.
Can't judge the pricing on platinum or resale prices.. standard ticket pricing is still available (some venues and ticket locations more than others).
One thing we've learned over the last several tours, they will sell them, whether by more Lucky Dips, or Groupons etc. With this much time,the markets they chose, and price flexing, they will be full or nearly full by show time. Guaranteed.

I should have been more specific. I was talking about the Boston show. There are no inexpensive tickets period.

Date: December 7, 2018 03:43

James Kirk
I should have been more specific. I was talking about the Boston show. There are no inexpensive tickets period.

See what you mean on that one.. ouch!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 7, 2018 04:00

James Kirk

How do you conclude they are not selling well. If they were not selling well you would see lots of availability. They are not stupid enough to hold back 50% of the seats.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 7, 2018 04:08

bv

Bjornulf is right. If you want to see the great show the Stones put on, you have to be further back. They design the stage, screens and lighting to entertain everyone, including those at the far end of the stadium. If you can go to more than one concert, I recommend being further back at least once to enjoy the show. But if you can, the pit experience can be incredible. To see the Stones up close, to see their facial expressions, to have Keith look directly into your eyes and wink, there is absolutely NOTHING better. I had that pleasure 3 times in the 50 & Counting tour. I paid $$$ for early access, went with friends who could hold my spot when I had to use the restroom, got to the arena HOURS ahead of time, and got to be in the front row of the pit. And the stage was LOW for the arena shows. Those were the most incredible concert experiences of my life. They were heaven. But I am not tall, so being up front was necessary. I envy all you tall people. If you aren’t tall, the pit won’t be a sure bet unless you are up front or along the catwalk. At Desert Trip, I was in the pit, but about 4 people from the catwalk and about 8 people from the stage, and I couldn’t see that well because of tall people in front of me. It was too crammed to move around and get a better view. I had to fight to keep my spot the entire concert.

So no pit for me this tour. I am going solo for two shows, so wouldn’t be able to save a good pit spot. I chose a good “view of the entire stage” seat for one concert, and have lucky dips for the other two. I am halfway hoping the LDs will be pit, but that is unlikely. No matter what, I know I will enjoy seeing the boys play again.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: December 7, 2018 04:29

My favorite is 1st row second section on the floor. Plenty of room to CUT-A-RUG!!!
I saw plenty at$395 going at presale for Santa Clara and then gone!!! Rows and rows would come on and then gone!!! For resale I imagine.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 7, 2018 09:15

MisterDDDD
James Kirk

Totally agree. At this point, they are old hands at this and making a lot if money doing it. I remember all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the spring over how poorly the London shows were selling, the extra quantities of Lucky Dips that were released and such. I went to both shows and I could hardly find any empty seats. The place was packed.

plexi

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 7, 2018 09:35

I think I may be sitting this tour out. Especially because I'm short, if I'm not reasonably close to the stage then the whole show becomes about other audience members for me--they're what I'm most aware of, far more than the band, or the show generally, let alone the music. I haven't seen any decent tickets I can come close to affording yet. Hoping in the intervening months I may get lucky.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 7, 2018 12:18

How is Denver selling?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home