Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: December 5, 2018 20:56

Chris Fountain
Well Money can't buy happiness. True.

I'd rather be unhappy with money than unhappy without money.

I say it can buy happiness. And I can prove it! (.)(.)

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2018 21:03

smiling smileyOh yeah - did ya get a "Brand New Car"? or even better "Little Red Corvette"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-05 21:09 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: December 5, 2018 22:14

bv
jumpontopofmebaby
also ....2017 no filter. what was the pit like. are people packed in tight?

Not really tight. You could always move around. Always space. Some times there were less people, like they had forgot to fill it up, a few times they might have filled in a bit to many, but most of the time ther was no problems with space.

I agree, regarding 2017. The Paris pits were not overcrowded; you could move around. But I disagree regarding 2018, at least for many concerts at the last half of the tour. In particular, I think the Twickenham, Berlin, and Warsaw pits were too crowded, all the way to the back - very difficult to move around from well before when the Stones started. Marseille and Prague were not as bad, but were fairly crowded. I hope the 2018 pits will be a lot less crowded than the three 2018 concerts mentioned above; they were too packed.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 5, 2018 22:18

jumpontopofmebaby
Chris Fountain

It appears you may have purchased breasts at some point! grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 5, 2018 22:20

IGTBA
bv
jumpontopofmebaby
also ....2017 no filter. what was the pit like. are people packed in tight?

Not really tight. You could always move around. Always space. Some times there were less people, like they had forgot to fill it up, a few times they might have filled in a bit to many, but most of the time ther was no problems with space.

I agree, regarding 2017. The Paris pits were not overcrowded; you could move around. But I disagree regarding 2018, at least for many concerts at the last half of the tour. In particular, I think the Twickenham, Berlin, and Warsaw pits were too crowded, all the way to the back - very difficult to move around from well before when the Stones started. Marseille and Prague were not as bad, but were fairly crowded. I hope the 2018 pits will be a lot less crowded than the three 2018 concerts mentioned above; they were too packed.

Southampton pit was not overcrowded.edinburgh was.
Jeroen

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: December 5, 2018 22:21

I was just to the right of the pit for a couple shows in 2018 (Edi & Twick) and it definitely seemed like they went from quite relaxed with plenty of room to absolutely packed (just like the up-front of GC where I was) just before show time. It seemed they must have let a bunch more people in as upgrades to make sure the pits were basically full.

Contrast that to 2013 and my one trip inside the tongue pit where there was plenty of space and no crowding at all really. It got cosy as people moved closer but was by no means full.

Date: December 5, 2018 22:48

Paddy
jumpontopofmebaby
Chris Fountain

It appears you may have purchased breasts at some point! grinning smiley

LOL...no but the guy before me did...And if I ever see him I will buy him a drink...heck I would buy him a Stones ticket!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 5, 2018 22:49

Chris Fountain

Ya, still gotta eat, happy or not...
I don’t know how we’re all gonna last 4 months until the band gathers look how loopy we (me) all are now...

Date: December 5, 2018 23:09

35love
Chris Fountain

Ya, still gotta eat, happy or not...
I don’t know how we’re all gonna last 4 months until the band gathers look how loopy we (me) all are now...

Trust me, the Stones eat well.

Date: December 6, 2018 00:13

I am still not sure what to think. Tickets for the 1st show in Chicago are few and far between.

You would think if they were sand bagging seats they would let a few trickle out.

And they are not.

Do you think they really sold that many tickets this fast...this time?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: December 6, 2018 00:41

It seems as if this tour has sold much more quickly than zip code did but of course the markets are much bigger. Miami is a notoriously bad concert city, being very easy to get tickets to almost anything at any time. One of the many perks of living here. And it appears to be sold out as to standard tickets. I am sure they will release more as the packages don't sell and the platinum don't sell but all in all I think it sold very well.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: December 6, 2018 01:16

I still say the secondary market will be a buyer's market because that's how it works when face value is as high as these tix. I passed on buying during the presale with this in mind. It's just not fathomable to think that the majority of the $400 and $500 tix will be sold above that. Quite the contrary me thinks (and history has shown).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2018 02:36

Seattle only has seven mid level sections with seats available at all, when you take away the packages, platinum, and resell options. Santa Clara has similar mid level priced tickets in only 13 sections.

Tough to gauge, but it would appear these shows are selling very well.
Still early, but if they're sitting on a ton of reg. priced seats in these stadiums, it would seem they would be dropping more soon.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 6, 2018 02:42

I hope decently priced Pit tickets show up. Especially for NJ. Only the packages showing for NJ 2 now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 02:44 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: December 6, 2018 03:04

WelshEdge1
I hope decently priced Pit tickets show up. Especially for NJ. Only the packages showing for NJ 2 now.

it's true Until 2 days ago there were PIT tickets at 725 + fees (they were still expensive for me) I'm still waiting for them to fall as many of them told me here and be able to get them for the 2 NJ at a more real price. Greetings from Buenos Aires, friends!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 6, 2018 03:55

Speculation, but the fact that Paul McCartney suddenly added 4 more USA stadium shows for 2019 on December 5th tells me
The RS DID do a good job selling tickets thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2018 04:09

Love this in Seattle.
I'll be riding the train downtown Friday night, hoping to catch this one cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2018 07:00

Hey that carriage is WILD ….Like Lichtenstein has been at work …..lurv it

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 6, 2018 10:03

got email from ticketmaster saying my tickets have printed.

Date: December 6, 2018 10:15

crholmstrom

Did you go lucky Dip for this concert?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 6, 2018 10:15

Rockman

Hey Rocky Merry Xmas..what show/shows u going to?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 6, 2018 11:21

Rockman

Rockman, u r downright, positively zany!!

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 11:26 by timbernardis.

Date: December 6, 2018 12:10

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

no, i got the exact tickets i wanted on the first presale. i mean right down to seat number exact. & @ $100 EA they were affordable. i thought about the lucky dips but i can't stand for any length of time. so even good reserved seats are trouble for me if the crowd stands. i got ADA seats where i'll be able to sit & not have an obstructed view. i was looking at what's available still on ticketmaster. there is only 1 section where there are a few standard tickets left. anything else at this point is either a package or resale. in other words, basically a sell out. i'm sure that will change a little when they drop some of the package tickets back into the mix. this is the seattle show. not too huge a surprise since the band hasn't played the northwest in 12 years. it's 1 show serving 3 good sized to big cities. vancouver & portland are both 2-3 hour drives from seattle, so i think that would account for the sales. the second time the band came on ABB they played the same stadium & there were a fair amount of empty seats in the upper deck. not going to be the case this time.

Date: December 6, 2018 12:22

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

no, i got the exact tickets i wanted on the first presale. i mean right down to seat number exact. & @ $100 EA they were affordable. i thought about the lucky dips but i can't stand for any length of time. so even good reserved seats are trouble for me if the crowd stands. i got ADA seats where i'll be able to sit & not have an obstructed view. i was looking at what's available still on ticketmaster. there is only 1 section where there are a few standard tickets left. anything else at this point is either a package or resale. in other words, basically a sell out. i'm sure that will change a little when they drop some of the package tickets back into the mix. this is the seattle show. not too huge a surprise since the band hasn't played the northwest in 12 years. it's 1 show serving 3 good sized to big cities. vancouver & portland are both 2-3 hour drives from seattle, so i think that would account for the sales. the second time the band came on ABB they played the same stadium & there were a fair amount of empty seats in the upper deck. not going to be the case this time.

Thanks! I get it- I'm happy for you and certainly glad that you scored the tickets wanted. Of course, getting the exact seats involves discerning the stadium from a football perspective.

Having said such , I wonder if the noise level could be matched versus a Seahawk or Seal (LOL) game? Well, I'm in the LD World. If my tix are unsuitable, I will negotiate at the last minute. Again, the scalper must go with me to verify the tickets. Take no illegal crap off anyone .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 12:25 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 6, 2018 13:06

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Thanks! I get it- I'm happy for you and certainly glad that you scored the tickets wanted. Of course, getting the exact seats involves discerning the stadium from a football perspective.

Having said such , I wonder if the noise level could be matched versus a Seahawk or Seal (LOL) game? Well, I'm in the LD World. If my tix are unsuitable, I will negotiate at the last minute. Again, the scalper must go with me to verify the tickets. Take no illegal crap off anyone .

i've given up on going to seahawks games. it's just too much, especially when the temperature drops. my knowledge of how the seating works comes in handy though. these are front of the upper deck. the way the stadium was designed, the sound is funneled back down to the seats. i sat approx the same for u2, metallica & gnr. all three sounded great, u2 incredible (joshua tree show). the stage setup for the stones has the stage a bit moved up, so its not all the way to the back of the stadium. my seats are about the 50 yard line for football with the catwalk ending right in front of us. great for viewing the whole spectacle. i've been up front for the stones several times, so these are fine for me. & my friend likes them, always a plus. being careful with my $ somewhat as retirement may be looming in the very near future. i'm just happy they are playing seattle this time. i've travelled several times for the stones. vegas a real lot, vancouver 3 shows & once to portland. i missed the zip code tour & oldcella but the last time i saw them was 50 & counting in vegas. i spent $750 for a so so ticket @ mgm grand, a package ticket. nice to get 1 show in with mick taylor. i've travelled a lot for various bands in the past. its fun but spendy. i was extremely tempted to hit a city for the current NIN tour but current health precluded that. they are doing multi night stands in reasonably sized venues with the setlists varying wildly every night. i've got tapes of much of the tour & i think for me they are the most interesting thing out there right now. the current line up is stellar. great musicians through the whole band & trent is at the top of his game. they've been doing a lot of bowie tributes that are far more interesting than most. seems right since bowie was a mentor to trent. trent seems to be trying to carry the torch & suceeding. back t the stones: i'm glad to be able to see them one more time. it's been 40 years since my first stones show so it has a nice symetry. i'm good with seeing the warhorses 1 more time. hopefully we'll get a bit of interesting variation on that but the warhorses are there because they are great songs.

Date: December 6, 2018 13:21

@ CR - I think it is great that you keep memorabilia from past music experiences. It is an admirable feat. I could kick myself in the ass to no end for not keeping mugs, t-shirts, etc.. from not only the Stones but all the bands seen live. As one ages these artifacts become more important and appreciated. In this case, I just want to go to the Miami Concert without incident and still praying for a positive outcome of LD Tix.

Hopefully current health issues expressed will subside during this exciting era. Seahawks making the playoffs, Stones, and new nickname of the Seattle (Seals ) hockey team are great distractions from medical matters.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 6, 2018 14:31

JN99
I was just to the right of the pit for a couple shows in 2018 (Edi & Twick) and it definitely seemed like they went from quite relaxed with plenty of room to absolutely packed (just like the up-front of GC where I was) just before show time. It seemed they must have let a bunch more people in as upgrades to make sure the pits were basically full.

Contrast that to 2013 and my one trip inside the tongue pit where there was plenty of space and no crowding at all really. It got cosy as people moved closer but was by no means full.

There are many VIP's who arrive into their seats late, like 30-45 minutes before show start. Every stadium is holding a number of VIP catering areas of all sorts. I am amazed about how many special VIP parties there are at special rooms before the shows, in club areas at every venue. Local sponsors, family and friends, general VIP, ticketed VIP and so on.

If the pit takes may be 300 or so people and may be 100 of those arrive late, within half an hour, then it will of course feel a lot more crowded when most of the lare arrivers come within a small window in time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: December 6, 2018 15:32

thumbs up
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

i've given up on going to seahawks games. it's just too much, especially when the temperature drops. my knowledge of how the seating works comes in handy though. these are front of the upper deck. the way the stadium was designed, the sound is funneled back down to the seats. i sat approx the same for u2, metallica & gnr. all three sounded great, u2 incredible (joshua tree show). the stage setup for the stones has the stage a bit moved up, so its not all the way to the back of the stadium. my seats are about the 50 yard line for football with the catwalk ending right in front of us. great for viewing the whole spectacle. i've been up front for the stones several times, so these are fine for me. & my friend likes them, always a plus. being careful with my $ somewhat as retirement may be looming in the very near future. i'm just happy they are playing seattle this time. i've travelled several times for the stones. vegas a real lot, vancouver 3 shows & once to portland. i missed the zip code tour & oldcella but the last time i saw them was 50 & counting in vegas. i spent $750 for a so so ticket @ mgm grand, a package ticket. nice to get 1 show in with mick taylor. i've travelled a lot for various bands in the past. its fun but spendy. i was extremely tempted to hit a city for the current NIN tour but current health precluded that. they are doing multi night stands in reasonably sized venues with the setlists varying wildly every night. i've got tapes of much of the tour & i think for me they are the most interesting thing out there right now. the current line up is stellar. great musicians through the whole band & trent is at the top of his game. they've been doing a lot of bowie tributes that are far more interesting than most. seems right since bowie was a mentor to trent. trent seems to be trying to carry the torch & suceeding. back t the stones: i'm glad to be able to see them one more time. it's been 40 years since my first stones show so it has a nice symetry. i'm good with seeing the warhorses 1 more time. hopefully we'll get a bit of interesting variation on that but the warhorses are there because they are great songs.

Date: December 6, 2018 17:19

Looks to me like I will be placing myself on the back wall of the pit as close to the center as possible. I will not try to be up in the front. Back wall for me.

And still not ticket games on Ticketmaster. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by: Bunzing ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:11

Vivid offers round 600 USD for the pit (Houston). Not that bad after all.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home