Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 2, 2018 23:52

Any info on how sales seem to be going? Pulled up row 10A for Jax at $500 ea., so...

Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 23:57

Hairball
latebloomer
I missed out on LD tickets last week, hoping they’ll drop some again as the tour gets closer. They’ve done it before.

They did it for No Filter, but not for any previous tours that I recall though I could be wrong. One batch, and one batch only - once they were gone they were gone.
That said, probably see more for these massive stadiums - especially ones that are selling slow such as Glendale.

There were multiple LD drops in 2013. Market-dependent, of course.

But for the opener in LA, they dropped a ton of 'em days before the show.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 3, 2018 00:25

TonyRz2
Hairball
latebloomer
I missed out on LD tickets last week, hoping they’ll drop some again as the tour gets closer. They’ve done it before.

They did it for No Filter, but not for any previous tours that I recall though I could be wrong. One batch, and one batch only - once they were gone they were gone.
That said, probably see more for these massive stadiums - especially ones that are selling slow such as Glendale.

There were multiple LD drops in 2013. Market-dependent, of course.

But for the opener in LA, they dropped a ton of 'em days before the show.

Yes, I remember the same for that tour. It's a savy move to drum up interest when sales are flagging.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 3, 2018 00:35

Rokyfan
Hairball
latebloomer

Maybe. The reason for the Lucky Dips (in minuscule numbers) is to get the masses who tried for them unsuccessfully to click on other tix, once they are on the site, and buy them. I imagine it works very well in moving their inventory.

That's a rather cynical view. Most of "the masses" don't even know about the Lucky Dips. The Stones don't really advertise them and most of the people who know about them are the members of the various fan clubs such as us, the most hard core FANatics. Most of the casual masses just go straight to TM.

plexi

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 3, 2018 00:52

fuwa
No problems with counterfeiting anymore?

Always though mobile and flash tickets are said to have cut down on this.

LOTS of fake tickets and bad scans at every major event though hard to say how much is outright fraud and how much is poorly managed barcodes at the sales point.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 3, 2018 01:01

timbernardis
Rokyfan
Hairball
latebloomer

Maybe. The reason for the Lucky Dips (in minuscule numbers) is to get the masses who tried for them unsuccessfully to click on other tix, once they are on the site, and buy them. I imagine it works very well in moving their inventory.

That's a rather cynical view. Most of "the masses" don't even know about the Lucky Dips. The Stones don't really advertise them and most of the people who know about them are the members of the various fan clubs such as us, the most hard core FANatics. Most of the casual masses just go straight to TM.

plexi
What "most" do or know about is irrelevant. Clearly the point of the LDs is to attract potential buyers who then go for the high priced tix when the few LDs are gone. Enough people know about the LDs so there is a massive crush to get them and they are gone in a second. It's not cynical, it's marketing, at its best. It works. And it makes some people say Oh how nice they are giving everyone a chance to sit up front. Its good publicity and it helps to move the product.

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 01:11

It's just painful to read how much incredibly wrong ticket information is completely made up on this thread.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2018 02:22

Rokyfan

What "most" do or know about is irrelevant. Clearly the point of the LDs is to attract potential buyers who then go for the high priced tix when the few LDs are gone. Enough people know about the LDs so there is a massive crush to get them and they are gone in a second. It's not cynical, it's marketing, at its best. It works. And it makes some people say Oh how nice they are giving everyone a chance to sit up front. Its good publicity and it helps to move the product.

Nope.
Not enough (or any?) additional sales would be generated from fans who the majority (if not all) of would buy a regular ticket anyway if LD's didn't exist.

Date: December 3, 2018 02:59

Thanks Mr. D. I am still convinced that not many fans even know about them. Certainly not when tickets first go on sale.

plexi

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 3, 2018 03:08

Not many people know about them but they are the first to sell out. OK

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 3, 2018 03:12

Rokyfan

Actually pit and the section in front of catwalk sold out first.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2018 03:16

daspyknows
Rokyfan

Presales though.

Lucky Dips aren't available until the general sale.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2018 03:18

Rokyfan

By mostly hardcore fans.
Of course they sell out. (I bought 16 )

This isn't tough.
I'm not saying the only motive is to "give back" to the hardcore fans, but it's certainly a big part of it. The other part is to fill the stadiums by placing a lot of them in the nosebleeds (if necessary) filling seats that otherwise may sit empty, and more in premium areas if not. Brings the average ticket price down a small amount, and average attendance up.

Date: December 3, 2018 03:23

Wondering what the actual number is of initial Lucky Dips, and if it varies by stadium depending on capacity.
Also, maybe it could vary depending on what the initial presales look like.
For instance, slow selling Glendale might have had more Lucky Dips than quick selling Pasadena?
When they released second batches during No Filter, was it for every show or just select shows?

Date: December 3, 2018 03:38

Hairball
daspyknows
Rokyfan

Presales though.

Even on general sale the pit and front/center section to catwalk were gone before the LDs.

Date: December 3, 2018 03:49

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Rokyfan

Presales though.

Even on general sale the pit and front/center section to catwalk were gone before the LDs.

Well they had a head start with all the presales!

Date: December 3, 2018 04:28

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Rokyfan

Presales though.

That is largely irrelevant. Even without presales those sections would have been gone in minutes just like the LD tickets. Different people are buying guaranteed good tickets from LD tickets. For some people ( I am one ) the existence of LD tickets is irrelevant and if that was my ONLY option I would skip it. Once was enough. For others they would rather spend $30 for an LD ticket than go for the pit or a sweet seat in the front center for the official face value.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 3, 2018 04:48

spoonful2
It's just painful to read how much incredibly wrong ticket information is completely made up on this thread.

Like what?
(sincere)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-03 04:48 by 35love.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 3, 2018 04:53

potus43
35love
$29.99 Tickets, with a chance at the PIT.

Quit whining.

what, 1%? How generous of them

You don’t know their financials. You don’t. And it doesn’t matter.

Go for yourself and have fun.

Date: December 3, 2018 05:13

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Rokyfan

Presales though.

That is largely irrelevant. Even without presales those sections would have been gone in minutes just like the LD tickets. Different people are buying guaranteed good tickets from LD tickets. For some people ( I am one ) the existence of LD tickets is irrelevant and if that was my ONLY option I would skip it. Once was enough. For others they would rather spend $30 for an LD ticket than go for the pit or a sweet seat in the front center for the official face value.

Perhaps, but there's also the scalpers to consider who snap up many of those seats for resale, while avoiding Lucky Dips which would do nothing for them. Just looking at Santa Clare for example, there's quite a few red dots within those first sections. Oddly though, when looking at Pasadena just now, there's not one red dot to be found on the entire field, but the seats in the stands are flooded with red dots - something odd about this as I'm sure I saw resale tix all over the field the last time I looked.

AND...even more interesting when looking at Glendale right this second, looks like the resale option has been entirely removed and not a red dot in sight! Not sure if it was ever there in the first place (I think it was), but I see no red dots and no way to filter out verified resale tickets on the purchase page. Are they in the midst of screwing over all the scalpers? Maybe they read my post about Gilmour requesting it being removed ha? Either that or something is currently wrong with their maps?

Glendale

Pasadena

Santa Clara

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 3, 2018 05:15

I've seen the RS's 8 times, which is paltry compared with most I suppose on this board.

There was no way I was going to spend over $500 for a ticket. Been there, done that and it holds no interest for me.

However, buying a pair of LD's for $29, and seeing the band one final time is an absolute panic.

Love the idea of getting to the show and not knowing where I'll be until I open the envelope they hand to me.

In 2013 I went to the Toronto show, first and only time with LD's this time $80/each...people right in front of us in the LD lineup got the pit. They screamed they were so happy.

I held my breath, opened my envelope...we got top level behind the stage. Great. We get to see the back of all the stones heads during the show, not even a screen to see the band from the front. How do people live like this?!

5 minutes before show time an usher came to our row and asked whether we'd like better seats. He put our whole row in $600 seats beside the stage. Unbelievable.

So...let's roll the die one more time.

Date: December 3, 2018 09:36

Hairball
Wondering what the actual number is of initial Lucky Dips, and if it varies by stadium depending on capacity.
Also, maybe it could vary depending on what the initial presales look like.
For instance, slow selling Glendale might have had more Lucky Dips than quick selling Pasadena?
When they released second batches during No Filter, was it for every show or just select shows?

I think it was just for certain shows, probably those where sales were lagging.

plexi

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 3, 2018 10:52

Does anyone know the non-platinum, non-package price of pit tickets this tour?

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: December 3, 2018 11:17

little queenie

499 USD+ fees,
altogether around 560 USD

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 3, 2018 12:03

rstass
little queenie

499 USD+ fees,

thanks! has anyone bought them at this price yet?

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: December 3, 2018 12:32

little queenie
rstass
little queenie

499 USD+ fees,

thanks! has anyone bought them at this price yet?

yes, of course the lucky ones like Topi, jackflash27, rlstone smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2018 13:10

LQ: may I point out that the Ticketmaster fees vary a bit by venue, but the face value for pit tickets (look for "Standard Adult Ticket") is indeed $499.50.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:14

Topi
LQ: may I point out that the Ticketmaster fees vary a bit by venue, but the face value for pit tickets (look for "Standard Adult Ticket") is indeed $499.50.

Glendale pits were $442 + $77 in fees. Total $519

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:17

forsure
rara
potus43
Like him or hate him Kid Rock does areas for under $50. He has a huge band etc and I imagine associated overhead costs

go ahead and watch Kid Rock then. I'm sure he's playing at MSG at some point, right..?

So long as he isn’t opening for the stones. He was so bad in Ohio State opening up for the stones. Some people seemed to dig him. Then he brought out “the guy who killed osama bin laden”. It was so cheesy

right! People who protect us by willing to give up their lives for us is "cheesy". Get a life

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:49

vibrolux
Topi

Glendale pits were $442 + $77 in fees. Total $519

OK; I stand corrected - so even the face value differs from venue to venue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home