Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 1, 2018 18:53

bleedingman
Shawn20
It is odd that both Stubhub and Seatgeek have lower prices than Ticketmaster - how can that happen???

Not to mention that the price you see on Stubhub is the price you pay. So the $755 pit tickets on Keith's side at Met Life showing as I write this won't end up costing a hundred bucks extra for "convenience" or whatever fees.
o

Ticketmaster , AXS and all the Pro Teams are in cahoots with the secondary markets Stub hub, vivid, ace ticket and so on. Most of the stadiums have Stub hub locations on the property.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: December 1, 2018 19:23

That Stubhub price doesn’t include their fees. Add one of those $755 pit tickets to your cart and try and checkout and they’ll be an over $200 fee added to the total.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 1, 2018 19:44

Jimmy C
That Stubhub price doesn’t include their fees. Add one of those $755 pit tickets to your cart and try and checkout and they’ll be an over $200 fee added to the total.

Just tried that and you are right! I stand corrected, thanks. Bunch of crooks.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: December 1, 2018 19:50

bleedingman
Jimmy C

The story is that Stubhub tried "price you see is price you pay" and it didn't work as well (maximize their revenue) as the hidden fee trick. You can go into filters and ask it to show prices including fees. That's what I do, so there's no surprise at checkout.

Date: December 1, 2018 20:35

vibrolux
bleedingman
Jimmy C

The story is that Stubhub tried "price you see is price you pay" and it didn't work as well (maximize their revenue) as the hidden fee trick. You can go into filters and ask it to show prices including fees. That's what I do, so there's no surprise at checkout.

Absolutely vibrolux ,you took the Words out of my mouth.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 1, 2018 21:03

For kicks I have been playing with the availability of pit tickets on TM. They are definitely messing around. One minute there are 8 tickets that can be added to cart. A few minutes later there are none and a few minutes later they are back. They seem to bounce you from pit 1 to 2 or vice versa to attempt to get you to bite on higher priced tickets. For awhile NJ2 had nothing. Not only are they manipulating prices but inventory as well. Not sure it is me, but I was able to boost the price over $100 in 30 minutes by perceived demand logged in from multiple IP addresses.

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 21:30

It's all part of a legalized scalping scheme:

NPR article link

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 21:33

The Stones are greedy, Simple as that

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 21:50

2014Slayer
The verified resale tickets were shameless.

There's a pretty clear case of scalping going on with Ticketmaster:

Ticketmaster Scalping Lawsuit: NPR Article

Date: December 1, 2018 21:59

potus43
The Stones are greedy, Simple as that

Absolutely , Gordon Gekko would be very proud of them. Of course some posters on here will defend them to to end , claiming they really care about their fans using the Lucky Dips as one example. Where’s the kool Aide?

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: December 1, 2018 22:29

I think the lucky dips are great . I got 2 Chicago tixs for $25 each just by clicking through from their site. Yes , they’re the .05% but they regularly give back and Just seeing them is a freaking thrill. Not many living masters still performing. They could have retired years ago, I am not cynical enough to think it’s greed. It’s the joy of performance and it’s contagious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-01 22:30 by Librarian.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: December 1, 2018 22:40

spidey9
Bottom line: I spend $800 on two tickets and feel like I got a bargain. grinning smiley

By jove! That's the game... They offer the $3000, and the $1500 seats, so when we pay $300 we jump on the "bargain"!

Mick's School of Economics education is paying off!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 1, 2018 23:00

virgil

Absolutely , Gordon Gekko would be very proud of them. Of course some posters on here will defend them to to end , claiming they really care about their fans using the Lucky Dips as one example. Where’s the kool Aide?

I like my flavor.. Cherry Red cool smiley.

I wouldn't say the Stones are greedy, any more than most any top band/entertainer. It's called music business for a reason.

Average ticket prices typically end up slightly more than other top tier acts, as it should be imo. The promoters set the prices based on what they have to pay the band, and from there, everyone gets a slice of the pie. Ticketmaster rigs the game and anger at their platinum pricing, and the rest of the resell ticket pricing games they play is legit, but they wouldn't do that either if no one bought at the inflated prices. Supply and demand.

The Lucky Dips are indeed an example of the band assuring that seeing them can be affordable for the fans. With GA field seats, and $65 nose bleed seats etc., there's a price point for nearly every budget. Course, a lot want to be up close, and for that there is a premium price to pay. Not always though, again, thanks to lucky Dips.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: December 1, 2018 23:16

MisterDDDD
virgil

I wouldn't say the Stones are greedy, any more than most any top band/entertainer. It's called music business for a reason.

Average ticket prices typically end up slightly more than other top tier acts, as it should be imo. The promoters set the prices based on what they have to pay the band, and from there, everyone gets a slice of the pie. Ticketmaster rigs the game and anger at their platinum pricing, and the rest of the resell ticket pricing games they play is legit, but they wouldn't do that either if no one bought at the inflated prices. Supply and demand.

The Lucky Dips are indeed an example of the band assuring that seeing them can be affordable for the fans. With GA field seats, and $65 nose bleed seats etc., there's a price point for nearly every budget. Course, a lot want to be up close, and for that there is a premium price to pay. Not always though, again, thanks to lucky Dips.

I call BS. If a band wants to make sure good seats get in fans hands for a reasonable price it is possible. The late great Tom Petty, Pearl jam, and Phish are 3 acts that come to mind.

But yes, many big name acts do as the Stones.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 1, 2018 23:40

MisterDDDD
virgil

The pricing is not the issue, the market manipulation and the double dealing is.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 23:55

That Amex message is confusing.. says Please note American Express has set a two-order limit for this offer. This limit applies across all Cards associated with all of your American Express accounts.

Is this 2 orders across the entire tour or 2 orders per venue?

anybody buy more than 2 order from Amex?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:02

I kept my Amex pre sale purchases to 2 total. I did use Amex for a pit purchase for foxboro, but that was platinum. I read it to say two pre sale purchases total

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:32

The ticket prices are changing every few minutes. If I choose to go I will wait until the week of show for NJ and/or Foxboro. No way I'm paying these ridiculous prices. I am sure that there will be a glut of tix on market and prices will come down significantly. Only a sucker would fall for these stupid pricing games TM plays.. be patient.. wait it out... these tix ain't going anywhere

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 2, 2018 01:39

I hope your right. Looking to take my boy to Philadelphia or New Jersey. Tried the LD but no luck. So much for the luck of the Irish, not when it come to Stones LD tickers.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 2, 2018 02:19

WHEELCHAIR/DISABLED SEATING ON THE SIDE BEING ALLOWED TO SELL AS "VERIFIED RESALE" FOR OVER $1500.00 ON TICKETMASTER!! THAT IS THE HEIGHT OF GREED!! THOSE SEATS WERE NOT AVAILABLE ON SALE DATES.

NOW I SEE $3800.00 !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 03:13 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 2, 2018 02:22

Prices would be lower if not for Allen Klein.smiling smiley

That said, the Stones tours involve a massive army of top-notch professionals who handle every aspect of providing the huge spectacle that their stadium shows have become. They all need to be paid accordingly. My personally favorite Stones experience was at Julliard with the bare bones Stones in all their glory.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: December 2, 2018 03:40

Hi all,

I’ve been following this site for a little while now, and have decided to jump in and join the conversation.

This thread has really helpful in helping me score tickets for the No Filter tour at a more reasonable price than what I’ve paid in the past. I was able to get tickets in Section A1 for the Landover, MD show at a price that I’m happy with (minus the fees of course), and on a last minute whim scored Lucky Dip tickets for the first NY/NJ show.

This will be my fourth and fifth Stones’ concerts and am just as excited for them as my first concert back in 2013!

Looking forward to many more discussions.
-Cam

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: December 2, 2018 04:47

Welcome aboard!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 2, 2018 05:23

Jimmy C

Tickpick doesn't charge any fees and a lot of the same tickets can be found there (though some brokers may adjust upward on that platform to compensate).

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 05:29

forsure
I kept my Amex pre sale purchases to 2 total. I did use Amex for a pit purchase for foxboro, but that was platinum. I read it to say two pre sale purchases total

ahhh... got it

Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 11:14

Not a criticism, just an observation:

Many postings across the Interwebs show people wanting to take their kid(s)... for perfectly fine reasons... but maybe they're bringing their own cynical grizzled adult experiences and expectations about minimally acceptable seating?

My very first-ever concert? J. Geils in 1973 at an arena. I was 10. My Dad (with whom I was not particularly bondy) took me. Seats (in retrospect) were mediocre 2nd-levels. After years of experience and cynicism today, I might pass on them. But everything was new to me, including the marijuana smoke, the idea that people went to concerts and sat *that* *far* *away* from anything, and that a young lady could stumble her way up the stairs and fall over literally into my lap, and I had no idea how to respond. I was hooked.

And it was a rare, civilized Night Out with Dad (who drank too much, but at least didn't worship sports. That would have been a more awkward childhood than it was.)

Don't turn up your nose at a night out with the kids because you're not in the pit. I bet they don't give a darn.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 2, 2018 11:39

TonyRz2
Not a criticism, just an observation:

Many postings across the Interwebs show people wanting to take their kid(s)... for perfectly fine reasons... but maybe they're bringing their own cynical grizzled adult experiences and expectations about minimally acceptable seating?

My very first-ever concert? J. Geils in 1973 at an arena. I was 10. My Dad (with whom I was not particularly bondy) took me. Seats (in retrospect) were mediocre 2nd-levels. After years of experience and cynicism today, I might pass on them. But everything was new to me, including the marijuana smoke, the idea that people went to concerts and sat *that* *far* *away* from anything, and that a young lady could stumble her way up the stairs and fall over literally into my lap, and I had no idea how to respond. I was hooked.

And it was a rare, civilized Night Out with Dad (who drank too much, but at least didn't worship sports. That would have been a more awkward childhood than it was.)

Don't turn up your nose at a night out with the kids because you're not in the pit. I bet they don't give a darn.

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 2, 2018 14:46

For 99% of the fans any place in the venue is just great. I say that because I see every single person walking out of the venue smiling. Very very few are grumpy and complain. Some times people complain about the sound, which is natural. If you pay usd 300 and the sound is muddy and you barely see the band on stage, just the screen, then it is ok to complain.

Then there are may be 500 out of 50,000 who are desperate to get closer. I am one of them, and quite a few of those who visit IORR are in the same category. We spend all our savings and stretch any budget to get closer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 15:30

"Strict anti-scalper measures will ensure that the tickets go to Stones fans and not the resale market"
Looking at Ticketmaster, cant Stop laufhing.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 2, 2018 16:00

timbernardis
Mr Jimmy
Hairball
BluzDude
cyclist
BluzDude
Hairball
Hairball
Mr Jimmy
Hairball
Now waiting and watching Santa Clara Pit prices....currently at $781 and dropping...

Me too!

It's getting to the point where I will most likely pull the trigger once they have dropped another $50 or so. Mainly because I have spent literally hours across Wednesday and today trying to get tix for two shows and I can't walk away from my computer after all that with absolutely nothing.

Down to $705...I'd hang tight before pulling the trigger. A gamble yes, but the downward spiral seems to be gaining momentum....

Now down to $634...I hope you're still holding out!

I'm so tempted

I can't imagine that's going to be the lowest price, but if you've invested so much time in looking at tickets, it's going to be tempting. TM is psychologically damaging. Aneurysm inducing.

Keith's side just went from $635 up to $702

Yes Bluzdude it was very tempting at $635...a good possibility it will be my last Stones show ever (definitely my last show of this tour).
If it drops down around $550 might just have to go for it...maybe.

I went for it and got Pit A / 1 - Ronnie's side, which I actually prefer to Keith's side. More happening on stage. It was $634.50. It may well go down in price in the future but right now the price has risen again, certainly on Keith's side, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did... Today has been exhausting and frustrating. Ticketmaster you are a motherf****r !

It's great to have that feeling of having secured a ticket to a show. Now I can really start to look forward to it...

Andy, will yer buddy MOWAT be coming as well?

plexi

Hey Tim,

Despite MOWAT's love of the west coast, I think he is aiming for the Chicago dates. I am also planning on being at those last two shows.

What about you? Where are you heading?

Mr. J

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home