Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:05

forsure
Kerryann
Infuriating that so many people managed to buy tickets who didn't even want them just to resell them at even crazier prices. Been up since 3.30am to queue and then try and buy and so far only scored one lucky dip. Not travelling from New Zealand for crappy seats costing us over NZ$1000 each. It's now 9.30am and I give up, need sleep zzzzzzzzzangry smiley
Appears there are going to be a lot of scalpers taking it in the shorts on this tour.

I really wonder if the strategy has shifted. Many tickets will be sold at a loss, but probably small losses compared to the huge profits generated if they sell even a fraction of their inventory at these hyper inflated prices.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:12

Hairball
Santa Clara buyer beware - several resale tickets listed in the right hand column as GA PIT for around $190, but when you click on it and not until after it goes through the verification process, it says GA Field.
You would think Ticketmaster would list them properly in the first place as GA FIELD, but they have their heads up their ass so no surprise -don't let 'em fool ya!

Absolutely!
The only way I would go resale is last minute when prices drop, and I would use Stubhub. I once bought a ticket to a concert (not the Stones) advertised as pit but it was a GA ticket. The price seemed too good to be true, when I informed Stubhub they immediately upgraded me to a pit ticket for no extra charge.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:16

Hairball
BluzDude
cyclist
BluzDude
Hairball
Hairball
Mr Jimmy
Hairball
Now waiting and watching Santa Clara Pit prices....currently at $781 and dropping...

Me too!

It's getting to the point where I will most likely pull the trigger once they have dropped another $50 or so. Mainly because I have spent literally hours across Wednesday and today trying to get tix for two shows and I can't walk away from my computer after all that with absolutely nothing.

Down to $705...I'd hang tight before pulling the trigger. A gamble yes, but the downward spiral seems to be gaining momentum....

Now down to $634...I hope you're still holding out!

I'm so tempted

I can't imagine that's going to be the lowest price, but if you've invested so much time in looking at tickets, it's going to be tempting. TM is psychologically damaging. Aneurysm inducing.

Keith's side just went from $635 up to $702

Yes Bluzdude it was very tempting at $635...a good possibility it will be my last Stones show ever (definitely my last show of this tour).
If it drops down around $550 might just have to go for it...maybe.

I went for it and got Pit A / 1 - Ronnie's side, which I actually prefer to Keith's side. More happening on stage. It was $634.50. It may well go down in price in the future but right now the price has risen again, certainly on Keith's side, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did... Today has been exhausting and frustrating. Ticketmaster you are a motherf****r !

It's great to have that feeling of having secured a ticket to a show. Now I can really start to look forward to it...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:20

BluzDude
Hairball
Santa Clara buyer beware - several resale tickets listed in the right hand column as GA PIT for around $190, but when you click on it and not until after it goes through the verification process, it says GA Field.
You would think Ticketmaster would list them properly in the first place as GA FIELD, but they have their heads up their ass so no surprise -don't let 'em fool ya!

Absolutely!
The only way I would go resale is last minute when prices drop, and I would use Stubhub. I once bought a ticket to a concert (not the Stones) advertised as pit but it was a GA ticket. The price seemed too good to be true, when I informed Stubhub they immediately upgraded me to a pit ticket for no extra charge.

Of the few times I've bought through stubhub never had a problem whatsoever, but can imagine the hell it would take to try and get things right with ticketmaster.
Try explaining the above mix-up to them, and they would probably just laugh at you even though they're to blame!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:28

Mr Jimmy
Hairball
BluzDude
cyclist
BluzDude
Hairball
Hairball
Mr Jimmy
Hairball
Now waiting and watching Santa Clara Pit prices....currently at $781 and dropping...

Me too!

It's getting to the point where I will most likely pull the trigger once they have dropped another $50 or so. Mainly because I have spent literally hours across Wednesday and today trying to get tix for two shows and I can't walk away from my computer after all that with absolutely nothing.

Down to $705...I'd hang tight before pulling the trigger. A gamble yes, but the downward spiral seems to be gaining momentum....

I'm so tempted

I can't imagine that's going to be the lowest price, but if you've invested so much time in looking at tickets, it's going to be tempting. TM is psychologically damaging. Aneurysm inducing.

Yes Bluzdude it was very tempting at $635...a good possibility it will be my last Stones show ever (definitely my last show of this tour).

I went for it and got Pit A / 1 - Ronnie's side, which I actually prefer to Keith's side. More happening on stage. It was $634.50. It may well go down in price in the future but right now the price has risen again, certainly on Keith's side, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did... Today has been exhausting and frustrating. Ticketmaster you are a motherf****r !

It's great to have that feeling of having secured a ticket to a show. Now I can really start to look forward to it...

Excellent Mister Jimmy, and maybe a wise choice - at least you have some peace of mind now!
As for me, secured Lucky Dips, but still still holding out on a Pit....currently $649 both sides of Pit...not too shabby, but going to hang tough for this one.
As the date gets closer and VIPS go unsold, expecting/hoping to see many more lower prices. And could end up with a real steal the day of the show when the scalpers scramble to get rid of their surplus...if not I've got my Lucky Dips.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:56

Hairball
BluzDude
Hairball

Absolutely!

Of the few times I've bought through stubhub never had a problem whatsoever, but can imagine the hell it would take to try and get things right with ticketmaster.
Try explaining the above mix-up to them, and they would probably just laugh at you even though they're to blame!

Ticket master's customer service is horrible. I had a case not too long ago where the barcodes were bad. The venue showed my order as cancelled. Called TM and they insisted the tickets had been scanned already. I told them I was first on line (I was) and they said nothing they could do. Ultimately talked my way in but the tickets I had left for friends were toast.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:10

Not that he's in the Stones league but Lindsey Buckingham is playing Town Hall, a beautiful, intimate venue in NYC this Tuesday. Orchestra sides are going for $9 - $15. People who bought tickets for this show hoping to make a profit are obviously desperate to get *something* for their trouble. The Stones are playing huge stadiums months from now. People bought tickets, not to see the Stones, but because they think they'll make some money. Others who planned to go won't be able to, due to unforeseen circumstances. The weather is also a factor. I think very good to excellent seats will be available for well below face. Hang in.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:19

Here's my story. Panicked and overpaid for Pit 1 for Chicago show 1 yesterday. Got lucky today and got Pit 1 for Chicago show 2 this morning at face value. Then got LDs for Miami and Denver. Overall very happy but stressed out.

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:21

bluediamond
I couldn’t believe the cost of fees. Almost $50 in fees for LD’s.

Scored a pair for $25 each and with fees was $100.

Also there were a ton of LD’s available for Gillette until about 10:45. I pulled up like 3-4 pairs with the multiple browsers I had open.

My Santa Clara tickets were 2x$25 for a total of $85 that included $5 for will call.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:23

fzv98d
Here's my story. Panicked and overpaid for Pit 1 for Chicago show 1 yesterday. Got lucky today and got Pit 1 for Chicago show 2 this morning at face value. Then got LDs for Miami and Denver. Overall very happy but stressed out.

What IS face value? I can't even tell anymore.

Date: December 1, 2018 01:26

Hairball
Mr Jimmy
Hairball
BluzDude
cyclist
BluzDude
Hairball
Hairball
Mr Jimmy
Hairball

Me too!

I'm so tempted

Excellent Mister Jimmy, and maybe a wise choice - at least you have some peace of mind now!
As for me, secured Lucky Dips, but still still holding out on a Pit....currently $649 both sides of Pit...not too shabby, but going to hang tough for this one.
As the date gets closer and VIPS go unsold, expecting/hoping to see many more lower prices. And could end up with a real steal the day of the show when the scalpers scramble to get rid of their surplus...if not I've got my Lucky Dips.

Sounds like you're in good shape Hairball!

Stay in touch, be great to meet before the show. I'm sure there will be an iorr gathering somewhere!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:27

Well that was an interesting 3 days. Hope you all got in somewhere.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:28

potus, when do MSG pre-sales start?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:30

Scored LD's for Seattle. Was weary of the waiting room thing, but hung in there, and when it was my turn, it just showed the 'enter waiting room' button again, but when I clicked on it it brought me to the lucky dip purchase page. My heart sank for a second there, but it all worked out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-01 01:31 by mosthigh.

Date: December 1, 2018 01:31

bleedingman

grinning smiley grinning smiley thumbs up thumbs up >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-01 01:32 by Mr Jimmy.

Date: December 1, 2018 01:33

vibrolux
10:44. Got LDs for Santa Clara. Was very deep in line. Kept hitting reset over and over and over and over. At one point, I got past the "Someone else beat you to them messages." Moral of the story... Just keep hitting reset. apparently, they're sprinkling them out.

I got on with my laptop just before 10 AM and got into the “waiting room”. There was a figure of a little man walking and the screen said 2000+ were ahead of me. I continued to watch the screen while eating my breakfast. About 15 minutes later I was in and got 2 tickets at $25 each for Santa Clara. This was the easiest ticket buying experience for me ever.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:33

Holy sh&t. I got thru on lucky dip easy all over the country. was easy. even hours after the start time

Date: December 1, 2018 01:35

potus43
Holy sh&t. I got thru on lucky dip easy all over the country. was easy. even hours after the start time

What, for MSG? That's awesome, congrats...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:41

jumpontopofmebaby
timbernardis
jumpontopofmebaby
Resale tickets thru ticket master now on the screen!

whats that?

p

People who bought can now resale them on Ticket Master.

Looks like the tickets shuffle has slowed down a but. Still no luck here.

So basically TM has a scalper function built in now or what?

Date: December 1, 2018 01:49

forsure
Kerryann
Infuriating that so many people managed to buy tickets who didn't even want them just to resell them at even crazier prices. Been up since 3.30am to queue and then try and buy and so far only scored one lucky dip. Not travelling from New Zealand for crappy seats costing us over NZ$1000 each. It's now 9.30am and I give up, need sleep zzzzzzzzzangry smiley
Appears there are going to be a lot of scalpers taking it in the shorts on this tour.

Good.

Date: December 1, 2018 01:53

bleedingman
azzwhole troll

Date: December 1, 2018 01:54

Mr Jimmy
potus43

What, for MSG? That's awesome, congrats...

HAHAHAHAAH
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAH
troll is funny

upset cause you did not get thru, huh. so sadddddddd

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 1, 2018 01:56

there is no thing as sold out, its all about ticket stratagies...

which turned out i got one extremely expensive ticket, and two extremely cheap tickts smiling smiley

Ty Rolling Stones smiling smiley

Looking forward to 2019 smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: December 1, 2018 01:58

the harlem shuffle?

Date: December 1, 2018 01:58

i want to go to next page

Date: December 1, 2018 02:00

MononoM
there is no thing as sold out, its all about ticket stratagies...

which turned out i got one extremely expensive ticket, and two extremely cheap tickts smiling smiley

Ty Rolling Stones smiling smiley

Looking forward to 2019 smiling smiley
'

you are correct! anyone who spent loads of $$ today is simply foolish.

Date: December 1, 2018 02:05

it was the

ty iorr!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-01 02:34 by MononoM.

Date: December 1, 2018 02:46

yes its official now, ticketmaster is scalping!\

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: December 1, 2018 03:00

Ok that was nutz, I just had "pit 1" to Santa Clara, but TM say someone beat me to it and offered "pit 2" so I click ok it came up and said someone beat you to it and offered me back to (you guessed it) "pit 1" and again, and again. Just now. Thought you all would get a kick out of that.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 03:05

Who cares about "face value". A ticket is worth what you would pay for it or what someone else would pay for it if you were selling it.

All of these resale options are great, it allows those who put the most value on certain tickets to get them.

The only way to truly get the market price for every ticket would be to auction off every pair on TM.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home