Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:54

Topi
sarahunwin
I think Ticketbastard have programmed it so even if face value Pit tic show up, you cannot buy them!!!

Not true. What I did I kept clicking on the same exact listing without letting the page refresh the map. It worked after about 5-6 tries. Click, click, click.

What worked for me:

1) Zoom the map out so that you just see the sections, not individual seats. The individual-seat view really chews up resources better left to other tasks.

2) Change the price range.

A change to price range will run a new query for available tickets and give you a fresh (and more accurate) result down the right-hand column. If you are only interested in a $501 pit ticket, make the range something like $475 to $502.

3) If you don't get pits in your search result, refresh the query: move the low-price back and forth, keeping it high enough that it's not going to drag in all the $400s and all the $179s and all the $99s. Each time you change the price range, TM runs a new query. There's nothing you can do to prevent non-pit $500s from coming up in this query, but note that this "modest" high number keeps out the ridiculous Platinum tickets, also, which are just a tease (unless you want to spend that kinda money).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 21:56 by TonyRz2.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:54

Got 2 tickets pit 2 for Jax @$610 + fees. They were considered platinum tickets. Hope I don’t come to regret it when $250 pit tickets drop a week from the show. Oh well, got the $125-$150 back GA for all other shows so figure I’d splurge for one show.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:55

Any thoughts on those seats next to the mixer/speaker tower which might obstruct the view but are still in fron of GA?
I almost went for them at around $200 but wasn't convinced in the end... Rest of the section is $400.

Will be going to Phily btw, but layout is similar anywhere.

Date: November 29, 2018 22:02

The floor was pretty lax in 2015. So long as you are on the floor in the seated section you can usually self upgrade, as there must be rows of seats the promoters and/or customer service leave unsold for complaints/moves/upgrades. Either that or they were vips that didn’t sell. I noticed this at several venues. I usually found empty rows to the extream left or right of the front section. Now if your with a group of people it can be hard. If it’s one or two of you, once you are on the floor, self upgrading is not very hard. At least that has been my experience, ymmv

Date: November 29, 2018 22:12

Nellcote1971
Any thoughts on those seats next to the mixer/speaker tower which might obstruct the view but are still in fron of GA?
I almost went for them at around $200 but wasn't convinced in the end... Rest of the section is $400.

Will be going to Phily btw, but layout is similar anywhere.

My theory on the rear-field GA is that it avoids people having to get re-seated because of obstructed views. That's a pretty labor-intensive process, and several people can spend all night doing that legwork just for rear-field reserved obstructed-view seats. It's a drain.

ANYWAY... I might have taken those reserved ones had they been available. The person I bought a pair for might be post-knee-surgery in June. Being able to sit might be a big deal. She might still yet sell her GA pair because of it.

With fees tacked on, that rear-field Philly pair worked out to $175/ea.

Considering that for only $25 more, one would get an actual chair?? I think that's the only worthy upgrade being offered on this tour. smiling smiley

I was not aware when shopping that any reserved field seats were in the $200 range. (Just one reason to still rage over the fact that prices aren't published. I had no way of knowing there were sub-$400s on the field, because none popped up for me to see the price.)

In those seats...

You're going to have people in front of you a little bit, that paid twice as much.

You're going to have people behind you that saved $25 but don't get to sit down.

Even the people straight out from you as the crow flies in the 100-level will have paid $400.

I think it's got some value if you're watching your money.

I also think such seats (and maybe better) on the field will be offered as time goes by, either by brokers or in TM drops. It's not an entirely ridiculous purchase.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:13

bleedingman
Topi
Hairball
Topi
sarahunwin
I think Ticketbastard have programmed it so even if face value Pit tic show up, you cannot buy them!!!

Not true. What I did I kept clicking on the same exact listing without letting the page refresh the map. It worked after about 5-6 tries. Click, click, click.

Am I right in assuming these are the face value $500 Pit tix?
Haven't seen any myself for Glendale, Pasadena, or Santa Clara, but I know others were able to get them for other shows.

Yes this was MetLife #1, happened about 10:30 am EST.

Oh, so that was you! Congratulations! $500 face plus fees for their wonderful "service" comes out to over $600. Show is 6 months out and I'm betting that there will be Pit tickets for below face on the secondary markets eventually.

I was able to buy a PIT for Metlife too. About 10:15 I think. At first the pit area was grey all the time, but then I clicked on the grey area and I suddenly got the screen to 'proceed' with payment! Very happy! Total $560. By the way, I live in Europe and the only option is to choose tickets by 'will' or something. That means I have to pick them up? Can I do that 1 or 2 days before the show?

Date: November 29, 2018 22:24

jackflash27
By the way, I live in Europe and the only option is to choose tickets by 'will' or something. That means I have to pick them up? Can I do that 1 or 2 days before the show?

* "Will Call".

* Yes, you will have to pick them up at the venue box office. You are usually required to present identification and/or the credit card used to make the purchase. Check the requirements in your purchase record in TicketMaster.

* American venues rarely offer "Will Call" before day-of-show, but it might happen. Inquire with the venue. If they get enough people asking for that for 6 months, they might make it happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 22:26 by TonyRz2.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:43

TonyRz2
Topi
sarahunwin

What worked for me:

1) Zoom the map out so that you just see the sections, not individual seats. The individual-seat view really chews up resources better left to other tasks.

A change to price range will run a new query for available tickets and give you a fresh (and more accurate) result down the right-hand column. If you are only interested in a $501 pit ticket, make the range something like $475 to $502.

3) If you don't get pits in your search result, refresh the query: move the low-price back and forth, keeping it high enough that it's not going to drag in all the $400s and all the $179s and all the $99s. Each time you change the price range, TM runs a new query. There's nothing you can do to prevent non-pit $500s from coming up in this query, but note that this "modest" high number keeps out the ridiculous Platinum tickets, also, which are just a tease (unless you want to spend that kinda money).

Excellent advice, thanks. I did toggle the price range from 450 and up when looking for the coveted pit ticket. And that worked.

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:48

Any advice for pulling two sets of Lucky Dip tickets tomorrow?

Ones a set for my dad for Christmas and the other is a set for me and my S/O.

If need be a buy the set for my dad and hope for cheap seats off stubhub the day of the show for me.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:52

Not sure if there are going to be Lucky Dip tickets as some tickets are currently on sale for $64.50.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:54

chriseganstar
Not sure if there are going to be Lucky Dip tickets as some tickets are currently on sale for $64.50.
We’re those obstructed view?

The cheapest I saw was $90 for obstructed view at Gillette and the sections near it but not obstructed were like $120.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:03

Tomorrow will be interesting! what seats are available for General admission?
Will some of the same section seats that were available at lower price be available?

Is AMEX still in play? What will Luck dip tix cost? Are Lucky Dip tix even available?

We will learn a lot come 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow.

Date: November 29, 2018 23:04

bluediamond
chriseganstar
We’re those obstructed view?

The cheapest I saw was $90 for obstructed view at Gillette and the sections near it but not obstructed were like $120.

I don’t recall the venue off hand, but I saw some $65 and some $45 tickets up in nose bleed, kind of side stage. Probably $400 level. Might have been jacksonville

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:17

FINALLY!!! After multiple attempts yesterday and today, I'm in for the Rose Bowl. Not the best seats ever, but at least I'm on the floor and can wiggle my way in toward the boys....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:18

TonyRz2

Actually, this is precisely what I did to score the face value pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 23:19 by Topi.

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:19

Soldier Field had $45.50 each. Was wondering about Lucky Dips myself as I scored 4 GA Field for Friday and was hoping to get LD's for Tuesday. But jambase was showing tix starting at $25 for Chicago so I guess there is luck!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:20

sarahunwin
Well, I bit the high price bullet and bought a Pit ticket for the last show in Chicago on Keith's side on Stubhub for $1,079 including fees. Luckily I have a relative in Chicago where they will mail the ticket as the due arrival date wasn't until June 21! Now at least I know I have what I need for the last show (it's my relative's birthday in chicago on that day and she has never seen the Stones so guess what I will be getting her for her birthday.....)

Gonna be patient and try to score face value for Chicago 1, Levi's and Pasadena!

Wow! One heck of a show Sarah, you are right there— good choice—

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:20

Seattle, they are pretty high up and side on, so I guess obstructed view. The other thing is the randomness of having chosen a ticket and then paying for it (outside the U.S., anyway). I've "bought" tickets quite a few times, just to test out the payment process. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't ! Very irritating anyway as I had Pit for Seattle and it wouldn't go through (and I have a U.S. Ticketmaster Account set up already).

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 29, 2018 23:25

forsure

I don’t recall the venue off hand, but I saw some $65 and some $45 tickets up in nose bleed, kind of side stage. Probably $400 level. Might have been jacksonville

Philly had $44.50 and $64.50, AMEX presale only, near the top of the sideline locations. Nosebleed, but not obstructed. They were mid-stadium.

At that stadium, the sideline seating is taller than the far endzone seating. Which probably explains why face for the very last row, very tippy-top, far endzone, was more expensive ($99.50).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:40

Slow selling at Glendale...platinum Pits available at $732 on Ticketmaster - the lowest I've seen yet.
I assume they will keep on dropping, especially the outrageously overpriced VIP PIT packages.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:58

I noticed Glendale selling slow during the presale, saw way more available there for longer than CHI, DEN, or SEA. SEA seemed very popular.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:00

Hairball
Slow selling at Glendale...platinum Pits available at $732 on Ticketmaster - the lowest I've seen yet.
I assume they will keep on dropping, especially the outrageously overpriced VIP PIT packages.

"Dynamically priced" Platinum pits now up at Denver for $950 plus fees.

Date: November 30, 2018 00:01

Hairball

Houston was at $680 for a bit then went back to $720

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:01

Chris Fountain
Tomorrow will be interesting! what seats are available for General admission?
Will some of the same section seats that were available at lower price be available?

Is AMEX still in play? What will Luck dip tix cost? Are Lucky Dip tix even available?

We will learn a lot come 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow.

And the days to follow.. if there is no decrease in ticket prices at Miami- I will put subject to rest and try to enjoy the Holidays and enjoy College B-ball and College /NFL. The concert is not until April.

Ticket prices are all over map and it appears that Ticket Master now has software that can fluctuate ticket prices on a dime. And wait until their "Tickets Now" sub service opens. April is 5 months away. It is a buyers market. Patience.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:06

JN99
I noticed Glendale selling slow during the presale, saw way more available there for longer than CHI, DEN, or SEA. SEA seemed very popular.

Noticed the same thing about Seattle.
Been a while for us, and our good neighbors Portland and Vancouver.

Hoping for a packed house, ready to rock!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:07

stoneslib
Hairball

"Dynamically priced" Platinum pits now up at Denver for $950 plus fees.

I got a pair for $930 about 2 hours ago. Hometown show after traveling the globe seeing these guys. I'll keep watching and try to get some cheaper Pit tickets down the road but I had to lock these in. Even after reading 200 times "Just wait, tickets will get much cheaper closer to show time" I paid the piece of mind tax.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:08

chriseganstar

usually LD tickets are a little cheaper than the cheapest regular ticket

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:10

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

Houston was at $680 for a bit then went back to $720

Interestingly, the platinum $732's are on Keith's side, while on Ronnie's side they're showing the Start Me Up VIP package at $1549!!!
Crazy to see all the fluctuation of the "dynamic/flex" pricing in action...makes me yearn for the good old days - what you see is what you get, and no VIP crap! winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:15

slewan
chriseganstar

usually LD tickets are a little cheaper than the cheapest regular ticket

They'll be there... at least once. Lotta seats to fill cool smiley
My guess is $39.99 per ticket.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:24

MisterDDDD
My guess is $39.99 per ticket.

My guess is $69.99 per ticket. They were $77 in Germany last year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home