Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:19

Yes seat numbers were provided. AND AT 450PM EASTERN TIME 98.5 SPORTS HUB IS GIVING AWAY STONES TICKETS GOOD LUCK.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:21

bleedingman
ohmercy61
Paid 200$ for club level sec 34 for foxboro.got 8 tickets not a bad deal.

Interesting. Were seat numbers provided?

I think it's expensive. section 34 is far from the stage, on same level as the GA standing tickets in second part of the field.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:27

Unless I grab luckydips, I’m waiting for the inevitable ticket drops, flex pricing. Unless you see exactly the seat you wNt for the price you want....wait

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:40

Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 01:50

timbernardis
OK, my brother in Denver wants to bring his wife and all four of their adult children, so 6 total. He wishes them to all sit or stand together. If they wait for flex pricing, say a few weeks or even days before the show, what are the chances that they could get good tickets cheaply and all together? And when should they look for such tickets, how long before the show?

If I've got to keep 5 other people entertained, I try to remember that what's fun for me might not be fun for all. Or doable for all. And that includes waiting as the show rolls closer, standing in place all night for a concert, being tall, or willing to play Mexican standoff with the boxoffice. Also, getting six together at something below $400 a pop is a challenge in general - needing that many together just moves you further back in the house - general rule for any show. It's one of the few times I actually DO advise people to wait for flexing and ticket drops - after presales, that's pretty much the only time you're going to find 6 together unless you're willing to pay more than the most of the market bears. (I mean, there will be ample and steady opportunity to buy 6x$500 together.)

Situations like that are when I sometimes focus on the Amex presale. The Amex tickets are generally a dedicated bloc of tickets, and they are mostly NOT what anyone would call "best seats in the house". But you have a better chance of all sitting together someplace that's not completely dreadful if you're quick and decisive on the Amex presale. That said, there might be a ticket limit in any presale (set by Amex, or the football team, or whomever applies) which you'll discover when you try and buy 6 together.

Official ticket limit in our market according to Ticketmaster is 8, but certain presales might put more severe limits on.

Decide ahead of time what you're not going to spend and where you're not going to sit.

I would like to know what any of you think about TonyRz2's response to my questions -- Is he right or what kind of advice would you give? Thanks.

plexi

Date: November 27, 2018 23:40

Sec 34 is the club level you have your own bar and bathroom...not to expensive 200$.StubHub wants 600...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:48

ohmercy61
Sec 34 is the club level you have your own bar and bathroom...not to expensive 200$.StubHub wants 600...

Looks pretty decent here:
[aviewfrommyseat.com]

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2018 23:54

any news about age limits for the different sections yet? Are children allowed on GA?

Date: November 28, 2018 00:31

jackflash27

I think it's expensive. section 34 is far from the stage, on same level as the GA standing tickets in second part of the field.

Well, we don't know the pricing yet on the rear-field GAs. If they are also in the neighborhood of $200, then relatively.... look at what you're getting instead: unobstructed view, a SEAT (!), private-ish bar and bathroom, 8 tickets together.

Location and view-wise, it beats much of what we believe is going to be $400 on the field. Looking back on the stories upthread (I'm short; I'm bringing 5 family members with varying levels of enthusiasm, etc.), this would actually be a nice solution. Well done. thumbs up

(I advised earlier making friends with someone who gets an NFL invite for these things.)

Date: November 28, 2018 00:39

That's why we grabbed this now I can take more people instead of buying one pit ticket. Which i was already next cat walk row 8 buffalo.

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 00:51

Any idea what other prices were for other seats?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 28, 2018 00:52

Nice to see the Stones have become such family-friendly entertainment. Bring the whole kids. Better hope they don't play 'Star Star' (Starf%cker).

"Ok Billy, time for a snack break."

Date: November 28, 2018 00:57

The 100 level seats were 400

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 28, 2018 00:57

ohmercy61
That's why we grabbed this now I can take more people instead of buying one pit ticket. Which i was already next cat walk row 8 buffalo.

If that works for you I am happy for you. For me I wouldn't bother going. I remember going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Yankee Stadium. For the 2nd night I had 21st row but wasn't going to go on first night since my flight landed at JFK an hour before the show started. My friends had seats a few rows back on the 2nd deck and I found a seat outside. Made it in for 2nd set. Was kinda fun seeing the visuals from up there but the sound sucked. Even in arenas I need to be on the floor. Just how I do it.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 00:59

Anyone know what the ticket delivery options will be? I cannot get tickets mailed to me because my mailing and billing address are different -- I called TM today and they confirmed that they can only ship to the billing address (I don't receive mail there, being held in entirely different state with no forwarding).

I also asked TM if I could pick them up at box office, or if there will be print at home option, and TM told me: "maybe, but that they won't know what the delivery options are until the tickets actually go on sale."

If anyone is in the know I'm trying to plan my options out before sale starts. Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 01:00 by snoopy2.

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 01:02

Thanks hoping for lucky dips or ga field is not too expensive. Guess we will see tomorrow. Or else I plan on waiting it out.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 28, 2018 01:06

bleedingman
ohmercy61

[aviewfrommyseat.com]

I could live with those for $200/each (even though it's kind of painful to say), but only for the Pasadena show I'm taking my wife to.
The other two shows I'll want to be down on the field or a few rows up from it, and no further than half way back. Optimum right behind the Pit, somewhere near the center, but not willing to pay an arm and a leg. Will be relying on price drops, unsold VIP's getting thrown back into the regular pot, Groupon, Costco, etc., as well as Lucky Dips. And they day of show...stubhub will more than likely be dumping loads of 'em at humane prices.

Date: November 28, 2018 01:08

ohmercy61
The 100 level seats were 400

I'm not surprised at all. And while lower-levels "close" (relatively close) to the stage LOOK like a good deal while you're looking at a graphic seating map, you have to remember the real size of the place you're looking at, and it is not an arena.

When you're seated, the reality is that you're still a good distance away. There will be no eye contact with Mick. They are certainly not (IMHO) an $800/pair experience.

(I will say that, in 1994, I bought a pair day-of-show for front row lowers right at the stage, at Veterans' Stadium (football/baseball), and it was a blast. Definitely a guest-worthy experience. But... they were a bit out in front, not side-stage, like one often gets buying last minute; and they were a part of the physical build of the stadium, not temporary bleacher seats - so we were sufficiently elevated off the field that the stage was eye-level. As I said, a complete and utter blast (aside from the jerk who couldn't operate stairs and slammed into my aunt)).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 01:14 by TonyRz2.

Date: November 28, 2018 01:17

TonyRz2
When you're seated, the reality is that you're still a good distance away. There will be no eye contact with Mick.

Mick rarely if ever makes eye contact with anyone in the crowd. Having been right in front of him several times from tiny clubs to mammoth stadiums, his main focus is off on a distant horizon.
Keith on the other hand will look at you right in the eyes as if it's a staring contest! Or smiling, posing, and winking...even personally handing you a pick under the right circumstances.

Date: November 28, 2018 01:24

Hairball
TonyRz2
When you're seated, the reality is that you're still a good distance away. There will be no eye contact with Mick.

Mick rarely if ever makes eye contact with anyone in the crowd. Having been right in front of him several times from tiny clubs to mammoth stadiums, his main focus is off on a distant horizon.

I get that, but heaven knows people have odd dreams. I was trying to make a point more about distance and price in these stadiums, really.

Keith on the other hand will look at you right in the eyes as if it's a staring contest! Or smiling, posing, and winking...even personally handing you a pick under the right circumstances.

Very good! You just moved 200 mediocre $400s!! winking smiley

Date: November 28, 2018 01:40

TonyRz2
Hairball
TonyRz2

I get that, but heaven knows people have odd dreams. I was trying to make a point more about distance and price in these stadiums, really.

Very good! You just moved 200 mediocre $400s!! winking smiley

I do my best to help the Stones, and I thought I was moving a few $1500 VIP Pit tix Keith's side!
VIP Pit includes the possibility of a hand delivered pick from Keith himself ! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 01:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 28, 2018 02:02

bleedingman
ohmercy61

[aviewfrommyseat.com]

I don't think it's that great. U r quasi-nosebleed and equal to about three sections back on the floor.

plexi

Date: November 28, 2018 02:16

Hairball
TonyRz2

Mick tends to look at the section and encourage hand clapping (which annoys the hell out of me) but he will occasionally look you in the eye and even take your phone and take a selfie! Keith will look you in the eye like an old shaman and grin that Keith grin.

Date: November 28, 2018 02:17

Hairball
I do my best to help the Stones, and I thought I was moving a few $1500 VIP Pit tix Keith's side!
VIP Pit includes the possibility of a hand delivered pick from Keith himself ! winking smiley

And $400 gets you some guy behind you screaming all night at the top of his lungs: "Keith! Keith!! KEEEEEEEEITH!!" smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 28, 2018 02:29

TonyRz2
Hairball

And $400 gets you some guy behind you screaming all night at the top of his lungs: "Keith! Keith!! KEEEEEEEEITH!!" smiling smiley

OR, 2 old timers in front of you critiquing the entire show, then leave before ‘Satisfaction’ they are that cool,
A couple in their 20’s behind you who get completely sod faced and spill the cheap smelly beer on your new suede shoes,
the corporate immaculate well off 4-some to the right who leave during the Stones playing to get more beer and are casually, without a care, gone for 1/2 the set.
You gotta love America.

Date: November 28, 2018 02:33

timbernardis

I don't think it's that great. U r quasi-nosebleed and equal to about three sections back on the floor.

But is it worth 8x$200 MORE out of pocket to get ... into the 100s? A couple of yards closer?

Or (working on presumption here) reserved seats in B3?

Or way out at the end of A1 or A5?

Everyone has their own priorities. I've sat at the end of the row on the field for exactly two stadium shows. Once for "Bridges" - 2nd row - and that was a great show (Columbus, OH FTW), but the seating experience was not worth $800 to the two of us who went.

And once for U2 "Pop". Again 2nd row, which I stayed in for all of 5 minutes after the usher dropped me off. I asked for a re-seat from guest services. It was a joke. (Way worse than the "Bridges" location. Must have been a much wider field.)

Point is: what would an upgrade cost? And would it be worth it?

Again, you're dealing with stadium geography. A lot of the field - a lot - just flat-out (and I do mean flat) sucks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 02:41 by TonyRz2.

Date: November 28, 2018 03:02

mosthigh
Nice to see the Stones have become such family-friendly entertainment. Bring the whole kids. Better hope they don't play 'Star Star' (Starf%cker).

"Ok Billy, time for a snack break."

Mick at MSG Bigger Bang show: "Nice to see all these parents bringing their children. Like bringing them into a gigantic bong!"

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 28, 2018 03:04

Lorenz
Did anyone get presale codes yet? Nothing here.

Got mine at noon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 28, 2018 03:14

Oh, and Hairball?
Don’t stand by me.
Because I yell ‘KEEEEEEITHHHH’

Date: November 28, 2018 03:26

35love

OR, 2 old timers in front of you critiquing the entire show, then leave before ‘Satisfaction’ they are that cool,
A couple in their 20’s behind you who get completely sod faced and spill the cheap smelly beer on your new suede shoes,
the corporate immaculate well off 4-some to the right who leave during the Stones playing to get more beer and are casually, without a care, gone for 1/2 the set.

They pay the bills. confused smiley

Speaking of paying the bills... I was just looking at the TM schedule, and I noticed at a glance that they seem to be putting in a mandatory THREE nights off between shows. So their team needs a four-night block to book ONE show.

So that's how you end up with a grand total of 6 shows for all of the month of May.

(There are a handful of longer gaps scattered after shows in the biggest markets. Wishful thinking in anticipation of add-ons?)

Date: November 28, 2018 03:29

35love
Oh, and Hairball?
Don’t stand by me.
Because I yell ‘KEEEEEEITHHHH’

Glad to hear that 35love, I enjoy hearing people yell 'KEITH" - lord knows I've done so myself!
But you strike me as someone who would be screeching out "MICK" the whole show - even when he's nowhere in sight on the other side of the stage!eye popping smiley
If that's the case, then yes...guarantee I wont be standing by you!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 03:30 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home