Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:05

oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool
Here in the States the Stones struggled to sell out even arenas the last few tours and based on the high ticket prices of the past I may wait a while and see if ticket prices come down with their "flex" pricing strategy as it gets closer to the Boston concert.

Maybe due to the limited number of shows there will be more ticket demand but I don't think I will be jumping on the presale this week.

They didn't sell out the Zip Code stadium tour-shows in 2015?

I can't speak for every concert but I did check out tickets for several shows before the concerts on Ticket Master to see how they were selling and good tickets were still available the week of the concerts.

They did not have a show in Boston on that tour but I was looking at going to the Raleigh concert and the expensive field level tickets were still available the week of the show at lower "flex pricing" then the original release pricing.

I can also confirm the last few tours here in Boston did not sell out and you could walk up to the box office and buy great seats the day of the show.

Like I speculated maybe things will be different this time and tickets will be tougher to get since they have a limited number of shows in the big cities. Personally I am going to roll the dice and wait.

That's how it is nowadays. They release tix the last week. That doesn't mean that the shows won't sell out? On the contrary, they'll probably sell more tix that way.

The business have changed drastically, from the days you and I were queing up outside a box office to score the last ticket..

Sure but I think it is telling that you can still get good seats for the concert the day of the show. If tickets were selling fast they would not have to release them in batches right up to show day.

Often the best seats released are band, venue and production holds.

But if a concert sells out right away usually that means tickets are priced too low.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:23

Dan
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool
Here in the States the Stones struggled to sell out even arenas the last few tours and based on the high ticket prices of the past I may wait a while and see if ticket prices come down with their "flex" pricing strategy as it gets closer to the Boston concert.

Maybe due to the limited number of shows there will be more ticket demand but I don't think I will be jumping on the presale this week.

They didn't sell out the Zip Code stadium tour-shows in 2015?

I can't speak for every concert but I did check out tickets for several shows before the concerts on Ticket Master to see how they were selling and good tickets were still available the week of the concerts.

They did not have a show in Boston on that tour but I was looking at going to the Raleigh concert and the expensive field level tickets were still available the week of the show at lower "flex pricing" then the original release pricing.

I can also confirm the last few tours here in Boston did not sell out and you could walk up to the box office and buy great seats the day of the show.

Like I speculated maybe things will be different this time and tickets will be tougher to get since they have a limited number of shows in the big cities. Personally I am going to roll the dice and wait.

That's how it is nowadays. They release tix the last week. That doesn't mean that the shows won't sell out? On the contrary, they'll probably sell more tix that way.

The business have changed drastically, from the days you and I were queing up outside a box office to score the last ticket..

Sure but I think it is telling that you can still get good seats for the concert the day of the show. If tickets were selling fast they would not have to release them in batches right up to show day.

Often the best seats released are band, venue and production holds.

But if a concert sells out right away usually that means tickets are priced too low.

Again based on past tours the Stones released batches of tickets all the way up to show date and slowly dropped the ticket prices with each drop so I don't think they were the type of tickets you mentioned which certainly do exist.

And to counter your argument if a band needs to do many ticket drops and slowly reduce prices each drop maybe the tickets were too expensive, to begin with, yes?

Listen I am not whining about Stones ticket prices as they can charge whatever they feel the market will bear. My only point is based on tours going back to the 40 Licks tour tickets did not sell out for these Stadium shows so you may have a chance of getting decent seats for less than presale if you are patient.

I may be wrong this time, as the tour has limited shows right now so maybe tickets sell fast, but that is what history has shown me. In any case I am willing to take that risk and wait YMMV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 19:49 by oldschool.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:30

What does it mean "local time" ?

You will be emailed a pre-sale code on Tuesday 27th Nov (from 11am EST) and the pre-sale will commence Wednesday 28th Nov at 10am (local)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:34

The last tour was the first time that new batches of Lucky Dips were added long after the initial batch had sold out.
There was a time when they were truly limited to a first batch, and once they were gone they were gone.
Now you're looking not only at price drops across the board, but also the possibility of having a second and third batch of Lucky Dips being dumped.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:52

blutsvente66

You will be emailed a pre-sale code on Tuesday 27th Nov (from 11am EST) and the pre-sale will commence Wednesday 28th Nov at 10am (local)

10 AM where the venue exists. It is only 10AM once a day in the location where tickets going onsale

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:53

'Local Time' in general means - whatever the time is where the show will take place. So 10am for a Boston/New York show, that would be 10am EST (Eastern).

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:54

blutsvente66

Ticket sales for each venue start at local time, so Miami starts at 10am EST but if your in San Francisco and want Miami tickets you would have to log on at 7AM PST.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:04

keefmick
Rolling Freak--what's the secret? What do you say to customer service? Just that you don't like your tickets and would like better ones? or anything more magical than that?

I don't even remember. Its nothing special. I think its just "hey, I was wondering if there happened to be any upgrades available? I was told at the box office you might have some."

For GNR, I had been following the tour and KNEW it wasn't sold out. So I had shitty seats and told my friend we'll be able to move. I said I was here last night and good seats were available. I went to every guest services booth (to the point that I was annoying my friend) asking. They all said no. Finally one said "go to the one on the upper level. Thats the place to go to." I went there and the guy said "come back after Lenny Kravitz." I did and lo and behold, two side lowers. Excellent seats. I told my friend, she got some too. It was basically an entire section that people started coming down to, but its best when you actually have tickets from the venue, cause when you upgrade yourself then you're potentionally stealing a seat and people turn on you quickly.

That was at Metlife. So when U2 came around I said I'm 100 doing the same thing. I waited till a couple hour before, the worst seats on Stubhub were like $20. I told people I was going if they wanted to join and we'd end up with great seats. No one wanted to risk so I went alone. Got there, this time went directly to that upper level, and got uploaded to row 2 directly by the stage. They don't mind, they have the tickets. So that works great. The second I heard this was at Metlife, and that there will be two shows, figured this is a piece of cake. Once you're in the building, you're set.

For Dead & Co it was literally my friend and I went up to our original seats and once we got to the level they were handing out new tickets to anyone walking up. That was the easiest its ever been. But for all stadium shows, its never sold out.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:30

Does anyone know what capacity for each pit is?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:39

A note about ticket prices, if you're the band/promoter, you don't want the shows to sellout quickly-it means you under priced your tickets. I'd rather sell 45k tickets at an average of $175 than 60k at $125

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 20:42 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:49

Some performance inspiration to Mick Jagger

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:59

DeanGoodman
Gaetzi
I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen?

The pit is always the place to be.

(Ideally)

In a stadium of say 65,000 or so, how many tickets are sold in the pit?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:08

500 x 2 = 1000 (more or less)

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:52

VIP Pitt will be around $1600. (Not sure if that's before or after fees). I have a friend who works for one of the stadium ticket offices. They are working on finalizing the different pricing. I just asked for VIP Pitt b/c that's all I needed to know and didn't want to bother him.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:52

keefmick
Rolling Freak--what's the secret? What do you say to customer service? Just that you don't like your tickets and would like better ones? or anything more magical than that?

Say you have a vertigo problem that would be triggered by seats too high up and ask for something lower down.

I'm serious.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:53

My buddy is a season ticket holder to the Patriots and got the presale email- Here's pricing. If everything (including Pit) on the field is a max of $509 I'd say that's a great deal (only for the Stones is a $500 ticket a great deal!) No mention of what upper level seats will cost but I'd guess $100 or less

Field: $409.50-$509.50*
Lower Bowl: $209.50-$409.50*
Putnam Club: $209.50*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 21:54 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:15

Can't believe back of the field GA's are 400 bucks. There just has to be more spread.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:22

Gaetzi
My buddy is a season ticket holder to the Patriots and got the presale email- Here's pricing. If everything (including Pit) on the field is a max of $509 I'd say that's a great deal (only for the Stones is a $500 ticket a great deal!) No mention of what upper level seats will cost but I'd guess $100 or less

Feild $ 400! No way!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:05

What exactly is the “Ticketmaster” presale?

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:07

Ok, I may be getting ahead of myself on this, but I am am coming over from England for a few dates. One of them being Pasadena. How easy is it to get to the stadium (and back out into the old town?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:15

I understand that you can walk from the stadium to old town Pasadena but hopefully someone from that area will confirm this for us. That is what I am planning to do if in fact it is doable. I am willing to pay to stay in old town if it makes getting to and from the stadium walkable. To me, that adds tremendous joy to my concert experience to not have to deal with traffic, parking, etc.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:16

jackflash27

Good question. I added the Stones to My Favorites on my Ticketmaster account. Let's see if that gets me anywhere.

[help.ticketmaster.com]

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 23:16 by Topi.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:16

that sounds like the best way to go

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:36

dimrstone
Gaetzi

Feild $ 400! No way!
i remember before this year's UK dates went on sale London Stadium was listed on ticketmaster as £179 for upper tier, lower tier. Thought at the time that would be a tough sell but come on sale day seated tickets were £70/£100ish and £179. Dunno if this is a tactic to make seats look a bargain come on sale day!

Posted by: scotmw65 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 00:05

Are you able to get 2 sets of lucky dip tix on separate transactions to the same gig? I couldn't find a response, thank you.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 27, 2018 00:28

Topi
jackflash27

Good question. I added the Stones to My Favorites on my Ticketmaster account. Let's see if that gets me anywhere.

[help.ticketmaster.com]

[www.google.com]

Do you need a code for ticket master presale. Is code rollingstones.com sends tomorrow just for Stones site. Thanks, I'm new to this please bear with me.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 27, 2018 01:14

Gaetzi

Jambase says tickets for Foxborough start at $69.50, so there's another potential piece of the pricing puzzle for uppers.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 27, 2018 01:17

keefmick
I understand that you can walk from the stadium to old town Pasadena but hopefully someone from that area will confirm this for us. That is what I am planning to do if in fact it is doable. I am willing to pay to stay in old town if it makes getting to and from the stadium walkable. To me, that adds tremendous joy to my concert experience to not have to deal with traffic, parking, etc.

Yes you can

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: November 27, 2018 02:36

If Jambase is accurate they are showing Ticketmaster prices of $25.50-495.50 for Levi's.

My guesses based on other recent concerts (Eagles@ATT Park, Taylor Swift, ETC):
495.50 for pit and first 20ish rows seated.VIP packages an additional 3-500$.
$300ish for back half of seated floor. $150-200 for rear GA area.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 27, 2018 03:11

glimmertwinz
Ok, I may be getting ahead of myself on this, but I am am coming over from England for a few dates. One of them being Pasadena. How easy is it to get to the stadium (and back out into the old town?

Some info. in this thread - Pasadena

Hopefully there will be shuttle service.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home