Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:34

Any experience when buying 4 lucky dips (two pairs) if they might be 4 seats together. ( I am considering to buy 4 lucky dips for my wife, me and our children)
Thanks

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:51

Stoneswolf
Any experience when buying 4 lucky dips (two pairs) if they might be 4 seats together. ( I am considering to buy 4 lucky dips for my wife, me and our children)
Thanks

I am in the same boat as I would like to take my 13 & 14 year old daughters so they can see the Stones at least once as they do like their music becasue of my constant playing at home and in the car. It would be great if it was possble to get 4 lucky dips together but I based on past expereince I think they are randomly packaged so we won;t know where our seats are until we pick up the tix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:53

Lucky Dips will be limited to 2 tickets per transaction even if you were able to buy multiple pairs. So chances that all four tickets are together are pretty slim.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:55

Topi
Lucky Dips will be limited to 2 tickets per transaction even if you were able to buy multiple pairs. So chances that all four tickets are together are pretty slim.

I thought it was also one per household? Not sure how that can be enforced. I imagine it will be one per Ticketmaster Account/Payment Card.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:57

they usually hand out closed blank envelopes with two tickets inside. The tickets are all over the venue so I agree with Topi. The chance of ending up next to each other is almost zero

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 12:58 by rara.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:58

It could be limited to one pair per Ticketmaster account on Ticketmaster.com, but we don't know that yet. Of course it's possible to set up different accounts under different e-mail addresses as well (and use another credit card). But if they really have a "household limit" in place, I guess then technically they could check the addresses on the accounts and the cards. Whether they actually do that is another question.

As I pointed out before, the Stones' Lucky Dip T&C actually do not seem to limit you to buying only one pair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 13:06 by Topi.

Date: November 26, 2018 13:07

Here in the States the Stones struggled to sell out even arenas the last few tours and based on the high ticket prices of the past I may wait a while and see if ticket prices come down with their "flex" pricing strategy as it gets closer to the Boston concert.

Maybe due to the limited number of shows there will be more ticket demand but I don't think I will be jumping on the presale this week.

I should also warn fans that based on my experience tickets up in the 300 level upper deck seats have had horrible sound in the past concerts I have attended at Gilette Stadium. Maybe this concert they wuill have fixed this but just and FYI based on past experience of going up top to check the sound quality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 13:13 by oldschool.

Date: November 26, 2018 13:12

oldschool
Here in the States the Stones struggled to sell out even arenas the last few tours and based on the high ticket prices of the past I may wait a while and see if ticket prices come down with their "flex" pricing strategy as it gets closer to the Boston concert.

Maybe due to the limited number of shows there will be more ticket demand but I don't think I will be jumping on the presale this week.

They didn't sell out the Zip Code stadium tour-shows in 2015?

Date: November 26, 2018 13:23

DandelionPowderman
oldschool

I can't speak for every concert but I did check out tickets for several shows before the concerts on Ticket Master to see how they were selling and good tickets were still available the week of the concerts.

They did not have a show in Boston on that tour but I was looking at going to the Raleigh concert and the expensive field level tickets were still available the week of the show at lower "flex pricing" then the original release pricing.

I can also confirm the last few tours here in Boston did not sell out and you could walk up to the box office and buy great seats the day of the show.

Like I speculated maybe things will be different this time and tickets will be tougher to get since they have a limited number of shows in the big cities. Personally I am going to roll the dice and wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 13:25 by oldschool.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 13:25

Stoneswolf
Thanks

Don't think this happens very often. We got lucky this year that we got 4 times the same side of the pit. And thats standing, 4 seats in the same row never happened up to this point I think. It may be possible at a small chance.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2018 15:14

DandelionPowderman
oldschool

Yes.
A very successful tour in that regard.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: November 26, 2018 16:10

oldschool

I should also warn fans that based on my experience tickets up in the 300 level upper deck seats have had horrible sound in the past concerts I have attended at Gilette Stadium. Maybe this concert they wuill have fixed this but just and FYI based on past experience of going up top to check the sound quality.

I will probably wait and see as well. I have absolutely no interest in being at the other end of a stadium to see them but probably pricing for closer seats will be prohibitive. My boys are 8 and 10 years old and I would like to bring them for the first time if I can find some reasonably close but not too expensive seats.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 26, 2018 16:23

I'll also wait and see. I am rather impatient when it comes to buying tickets but for the last three stadium shows I attended I forced myself to wait and ended up buying the tickets a few weeks before the shows for half of the initial face value.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: November 26, 2018 16:39

We got Lucky Dip for Las Vegas a some years back (2012 or 13?). Our seats were the LAST row - nosebleeds at MGM. The people around us also got lucky dip. So the good news is you might get seats together. The bad news is that they could be the worst seats in the house .

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 16:46

DandelionPowderman
oldschool

no

Date: November 26, 2018 16:47

oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool

I can't speak for every concert but I did check out tickets for several shows before the concerts on Ticket Master to see how they were selling and good tickets were still available the week of the concerts.

They did not have a show in Boston on that tour but I was looking at going to the Raleigh concert and the expensive field level tickets were still available the week of the show at lower "flex pricing" then the original release pricing.

I can also confirm the last few tours here in Boston did not sell out and you could walk up to the box office and buy great seats the day of the show.

Like I speculated maybe things will be different this time and tickets will be tougher to get since they have a limited number of shows in the big cities. Personally I am going to roll the dice and wait.

That's how it is nowadays. They release tix the last week. That doesn't mean that the shows won't sell out? On the contrary, they'll probably sell more tix that way.

The business have changed drastically, from the days you and I were queing up outside a box office to score the last ticket..

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:05

For the May 2013 (5 years ago) las vegas arena show
ticket prices were ($85 LD) $163.45, $266.70, $474.15, $780.15. Tongue Pit for $1,500 or opt for the $2,100 ticket, which throws in drinks, souvenirs and a buffet.
[www.reviewjournal.com]

The October 2016 las vegas arena show
ticket prices were $750, $450, $150, ($39.50 LD)
[www.theprp.com]

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:19

I've only sat lower level 1 for the No Filter tour in London- I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen? I would assume so but looking for some feedback. thanks!

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:20

have had LD a few times, at stones 50 United Center, i went up to ticket booth and gave my id and she said, oh your local and live 3 miles away, take this white envelope, had nose bleeds but still had a great show. In Vegas 2016, i handed my id to ticket booth and she said, oh cool, your from Chicago, she handed me my white envelope and we had floor tickets. I think the LD ticket person knows what sections are good and so forth. In vegas, she grabbed the front of the stack, at United Center, she grabbed the back of stack. Its a gamble but at least your in the venue seeing the Stones, which is a great thing any night. cheers from snowy Chicago

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:24

babyblue
Think prices in general even nosebleeds will be high.

not for a stadium they wont.

and if they are - then buy LD's instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 17:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:24

DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool

That's how it is nowadays. They release tix the last week. That doesn't mean that the shows won't sell out? On the contrary, they'll probably sell more tix that way.

The business have changed drastically, from the days you and I were queing up outside a box office to score the last ticket..

Yup, nothing is ever sold out these days and they pray on the unsuspected (which is still a lot) to think that on TM the day they go on sale. Thats why I always get cheap seats, through TM or Stubhub or something, and then upgrade when there. Especially at stadiums. Get in for the lowest price, go to guest services and they will give you great upgrade seats because, as you say, they hold back so many seats. I have yet for that to fail at a stadium show. Recently it worked perfectly for GNR, Dead & Co and U2. And the best part is you're not upgrading yourself. The venue will literally give you free way better tickets. In fact, for Dead & Co my friend and I got like 5 pairs in our upper deck from different guest services booths and then handed out the extras to others. Cause literally people don't know to check for upgrades, so you help yourself and others.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:48

Gaetzi
I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen?

The pit is always the place to be.

(Ideally)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 26, 2018 17:48

Rollingfreak speaks the truth. I won tickets from WNEW for the 98 MSG 1 show and the person that came with me said "these seats suck, gimme those tickets" and he went down to guest services and came back with tickets that brought us from a back section to 2 sections from the stage. I was shocked, I mean beggars and can't be choosers when the seats are comped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 17:50 by nick.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:06

Thanks Dean. I assumed that was the case but wanted to confirm. With all the traveling I've done to see the Stones I'm happy to drop the money for Pit in my home town.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:22

artedm
For the May 2013 (5 years ago) las vegas arena show
ticket prices were ($85 LD) $163.45, $266.70, $474.15, $780.15. Tongue Pit for $1,500 or opt for the $2,100 ticket, which throws in drinks, souvenirs and a buffet.
[www.reviewjournal.com]

The October 2016 las vegas arena show
ticket prices were $750, $450, $150, ($39.50 LD)
[www.theprp.com]

One of the differences though is for the *Vegas 16 shows ALL floor seats were originally priced at $750+ as well as some of the lower loge. And interesting to see Lucky Dips were being sold for over twice the price! I recall looking at tix when they went on sale and there were a few nosebleeds priced at $150, but just a few rows down everything jumped up to the next price level. Of course they didn't sell well, and the flex pricing was put into action with entire blocks seeing price drops. I recall someone here who bought lower loge near the stage at $750 the first day of sale, only to see that section get price dropped below $500 not long after.

Patience will be the key, and depending on several variables (high prices, which city, demand, etc.), there should be plenty of opportunities to get bargain bin tickets as the dates get closer.
For those who aren't members of Costco, might want to look into that at apprx. $50/year - you might be able to get tickets at half price eventually!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:30

DeanGoodman
Gaetzi
I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen?

The pit is always the place to be.

(Ideally)

Dean, you’re like 6’5, aren’t you?
Hey, I bought some platform shoes to go w/ my Levi’s, I’m in!
Praise God I need a ticket!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:33

Rolling Freak--what's the secret? What do you say to customer service? Just that you don't like your tickets and would like better ones? or anything more magical than that?

Date: November 26, 2018 18:40

During the New England Patriot game there was a commercial for The Rolling Stones No Filter tour.

Gave ticket sales dates - presale and public

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:47

Among TV, radio and YouTube, I think I have seen or heard the ad for the tour about 100 times so far.

Date: November 26, 2018 19:03

DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
oldschool

Sure but I think it is telling that you could still get good seats for the concert the day of the show. If tickets were selling fast they would not have to release them in batches right up to show day.

There is always the risk they sell out fast but based on recent tours that does not seem to be the case anymore and with their "flex" pricing they are betting Stones fans will not want to wait and take the chance losing out so will buy tickets at presale for high prices. They can then sell remaining tickets later at reduced prices and still make a nice profit.

Now they might ultimately sell out but what recent tours ticket sales tells me is I should wait and not jump on the presale as I most likely can get decent seats cheaper than the presale closer to the concert date.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 19:08 by oldschool.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home