Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2018 00:44

No, the other way around. The pit is the section closest to the stage and you've got the floor seats behind it. (Of course, calling a seat "front row" is misleading. But technically it is the first row of seats...)

Your "front row" VIP seat could be as far back as section A3 (shown here is the Glendale chart)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 00:50 by Topi.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 24, 2018 00:49

Topi
No, the other way around. The pit is the section closest to the stage and you've got the floor seats behind it. (Of course, calling a seat "front row" is misleading. But technically it is the first row of seats...)

Thanks TOPI smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 24, 2018 00:53

35love
Dropped into the dungeon PIT for $$$$$$$$
You can see why people don’t like to be shoved about for their $2,000 each footprint space tongue sticking out smiley

They should include little stun guns in the VIP goody bag.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 24, 2018 01:11

bleedingman
35love
Dropped into the dungeon PIT for $$$$$$$$
You can see why people don’t like to be shoved about for their $2,000 each footprint space tongue sticking out smiley

They should include little stun guns in the VIP goody bag.

Chalk, to trace around your shoes, mark footprint spots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 01:13 by 35love.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 03:20

So it looks like the A section is equal to the Gold Circle from this summer. It won't be that far back if that's the case, if the pit size is the same as it was then. I was pit for both London Stadium and Gold Circle wasn't far back at all. Front row of A3 will put Mick directly in front of you when he comes down the catwalk.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 24, 2018 03:51

Aquamarine
VicJagger
What’s it like in the pits? Is it totally first come, first serve in terms of where you get to stand and does it become competitive with pushing, shoving and elbows as people try to jockey for better position? Does your height play a major role in the experience?

Thanks
Vic

Yes to all the above.

I would agree with most of what u say Aquamarine except the pushing and shoving of which I found only a little of. I was in the pit for 4 of the 6 No Filter I and II shows I attended.

plexi

Date: November 24, 2018 03:59

So one question I have -- do we know for sure the pit will be standing? I assume so given that it is called a pit. But has this been explicitly stated by any official source or is assumption good enough?

plexi

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: November 24, 2018 04:25

^^ Yes, Pit will be standing, but not because it's called the "Pit," but because it's listed as "GA" (General Admission).

And Amy340 is correct that the front row of Section A3 will be the best seat(s) in the house when Mick comes down the catwalk. The problem is, it sucks for the rest of the concert, when nobody is at the end of the catwalk. You are sitting midfield in a football stadium that has the stage at the far end.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: November 24, 2018 07:16

5stringTele
And Amy340 is correct that the front row of Section A3 will be the best seat(s) in the house when Mick comes down the catwalk. The problem is, it sucks for the rest of the concert, when nobody is at the end of the catwalk. You are sitting midfield in a football stadium that has the stage at the far end.

My experience of being at the end of the catwalk on a No Filter 2017 show was very enjoyable, even when band members weren't using it you are were close enough to get a pretty good view of the entire stage (the end of the catwalk is lower than the high stage level).

If the stage/catwalk designs haven't changed significantly I would imagine end of catwalk will still be an excellent position. Doesn't beat the pit experience though!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 24, 2018 09:31

timbernardis
Aquamarine
VicJagger
What’s it like in the pits? Is it totally first come, first serve in terms of where you get to stand and does it become competitive with pushing, shoving and elbows as people try to jockey for better position? Does your height play a major role in the experience?

Thanks
Vic

Yes to all the above.

I would agree with most of what u say Aquamarine except the pushing and shoving of which I found only a little of. I was in the pit for 4 of the 6 No Filter I and II shows I attended.

plexi

Let's hope it's the same on this tour, then!

Something that confuses me--surely the seating layout etc. varies by venue? Is there any reason to believe that they will all be the same, or even that every venue will have a pit?

Date: November 24, 2018 09:41

I defer to others but I don't think the layout will vary very (ha!) much. It was pretty much the same at No Filter I and II from the 6 gigs I attended. And the pit was consistent tho its size could vary a bit. What does anyone else think?

plexi

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 24, 2018 10:34

Pit is the best place to be. It can be very crowded in the very front but there is usually enough space to be comfortable more to the back of the pit.

Do I remember correctly that some No Filter shows in Europe did not have pit? Munich?

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: November 24, 2018 10:59

MartinB
Pit is the best place to be. It can be very crowded in the very front but there is usually enough space to be comfortable more to the back of the pit.

Do I remember correctly that some No Filter shows in Europe did not have pit? Munich?

Every one of them had it. Munich and some other german shows had seats beside Pit (as planned in US 2019) though.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 24, 2018 12:32

TicketNetwork is selling tickets. Strange prices...
How can they sell tix before any presale?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 12:34 by MAF.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:32

MAF
TicketNetwork is selling tickets. Strange prices...
How can they sell tix before any presale?

They can't - so it's worth nothing.
Online scalpers/ touts at work...

Stick to RS.com & TM.com - nothing else, nowhere else.
You'll have ticket availabilities aplenty there, upto right before the concert.

(You've been following the intel here on IORR the past 2, 3 years about the 'new' tickt traders' "dynamic pricing" & small batches availability strategies, haven't you? If not: dig deep into the threads that concerned it.)

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: November 24, 2018 14:46

On the way to Boston with my Chantal (my wife) + Mélanie & Cécile (my 2 daughters) + Claude & Ludovic (2 friends of the family)

Paris/Boston/paris only 310 euros with Norvegian.
French Stones fan you must go to Boston !!!

Looking for New orleans also but this time alone and only with Claude or Ludovic.

François

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:00

The broker sites i.e. scalpers/touts pretend they have tickets, and they make up categories and prices. Then they take your contact info, and they even take your money. Then you have to wait until they score the real tickets. It might take a while. If they buy a ticket at 500 dollar they will sell it at 700 ot 80 or 1.000, it is all up to the agencies, hore greedy they are, or serious they are.

There was some statistics I read some years ago, saying that some 35% of all tickets sold in USA went through brokers. May call them "my ticket agent". many broikers are fair and legal companies who simply sell tickets to people who don't handle all the hazzle of chasing tickets. You find their offices and ads close toi any venue. Some have a fair uplift of 20% or 30%, after all it is hard work to find tickets. Still, many double the already high price, which is unfair.

Try buying your tickets directly from the official sources. You will find them on rollingstones.com. These shows are stadium shows. There will be plenty of tickets around, and you shoul not be worried about getting tickets. Anyone who want to see the Stones in USA next year, will be able to get tickets, but you have to prepare a budget.

If needed, I will make more comments on buying tickets, but in short, I think fans should read all the comments in this thread, rather than having easy access to a single page like "How to get tickets", because such a page will also be easily available for those who are not real fans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:18

Brokers always find a way to get blocks of tickets. The musical "Hamilton" is in Buffalo for the next couple of weeks and all shows are sold out. But StubHub has roughly 50 to 100 tickets that are selling for $140 to $600. Most shows have sold all StubHub tickets out each night.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:18

Stub Hub often works directly with the promoter and venue. They are, quite often, a better option than TM because the inventory is more transparent.

To suggest that Stub Hub is just a typical scalper, or that someone should not buy on that site is both misleading and incorrect.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:30

There was recently a story in the news about how a team of investigative reporters caught Ticketmaster on undercover cameras promoting scalpers. There was some "broker's" convention where Ticketmonster had a table set up to promote their program for brokers, which provided special software and early access to tickets.

The first public presales will be on Wednesday, but Ticketmonster will be selling tickets on Monday or Tuesday to members of their special program and maybe even employees. Many tickets will be gone before 10:00 Wednesday morning.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:34

I did pit tix for the 50 & Counting arena shows and they were awesome, but I paid extra for early access, so got to be in the front row. Best shows of my life. I did the pit for Desert Trip. It was very civilized for Dylan, McCartney, Young, The Who and Waters, but it was a madhouse for the Stones. Lots of pushing, shoving, aggression, and it was hot as hell. It was worth it because I was really close to the front of the pit, but it was exhausting. I will skip the pit this go round. Unless you are really close, or really tall, it isn’t worth the effort.

I may try for lucky dips this time for some venues. I’ve not done that before. Do lucky dips go on sale during the presale or on the 30th? Thanks.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:11

5stringTele
There was recently a story in the news about how a team of investigative reporters caught Ticketmaster on undercover cameras promoting scalpers. There was some "broker's" convention where Ticketmonster had a table set up to promote their program for brokers, which provided special software and early access to tickets.

The first public presales will be on Wednesday, but Ticketmonster will be selling tickets on Monday or Tuesday to members of their special program and maybe even employees. Many tickets will be gone before 10:00 Wednesday morning.

They weren't providing early access to tickets. It was merely inventory management software and Point Of Sale system and the big scandal is that they weren't policing Ticketmaster ticket buying accounts for ticket limit violations.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:13

Jeter1984
Stub Hub often works directly with the promoter and venue. They are, quite often, a better option than TM because the inventory is more transparent.

To suggest that Stub Hub is just a typical scalper, or that someone should not buy on that site is both misleading and incorrect.

Desert Trip was in cahoots with both stubhub and Viagogo, When tickets supposedly sold out for wkd.1 the first few hours of sale, there was a direct link on the D.T. page to Viagogo with tickets priced much higher. Then wkd. II was announced. and loads more tickets became available - still the viagogo link was always there. It sort of backfired on them because discount official tickets were eventually being sold through Costco. Then during the week of wkd. II, there were so many tickets being dumped on stubhub, that I was able to upgrade to a three day PIT for apprx.$325. Stubhub/Desert Trip had an entire special meeting room setup at the Hilton with about a dozen employees working and scrambling to facilitate all of the sales that were happening. I walked in and there was a table with five employess across the table with mountains of tickets and wristbands - seemed clear this went way beyond some scalpers selling tickets as it was all so organized. Of the three possible shows I'll be attending, for one I might get a mid-price decent ticket during presale general sales, and for the other two I will wait it out and go for the gamble which is almost a sure win. And then there's Lucky Dips to ponder - nice to have as guaranteed entry for minimal price with the chance of getting a great seat or Pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 21:15 by Hairball.

Date: November 24, 2018 21:23

bv

If needed, I will make more comments on buying tickets, but in short, I think fans should read all the comments in this thread, rather than having easy access to a single page like "How to get tickets", because such a page will also be easily available for those who are not real fans.

smiling smiley Those people don't need IORR help pages to figure out how to buy tickets, but the thought of loads of amateurs buying mediocre $500 tickets to flip wouldn't bother me too much either as eventually they will have to sell them for real and will take whatever they can get.

But anyone who hasn't used Ticketmaster in the last few weeks is in for a rude awakening next week for sure.

Date: November 24, 2018 21:38

Dan
bv

smiling smiley Those people don't need IORR help pages to figure out how to buy tickets, but the thought of loads of amateurs buying mediocre $500 tickets to flip wouldn't bother me too much either as eventually they will have to sell them for real and will take whatever they can get.

But anyone who hasn't used Ticketmaster in the last few weeks is in for a rude awakening next week for sure.

eye popping smiley

Haha jk - I used it the last few weeks (or maybe it was Live Nation)...and was shut out after attempting to throw back and look at another seat option - seemingly quicker than I have in the past.
It was for Nick Mason night #2 at the Wiltern, and seeing as I already had a ticket for night #1 it didn't bother me. Went back in an hour or so, and many of the same non VIP/platinum cheap seats were still there.

What can we expect from Ticketmaster?!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 21:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:43

Dan
bv

Why ???

Date: November 24, 2018 21:44

Hairball
Dan
bv

eye popping smiley

Haha jk - I used it the last few weeks (or maybe it was Live Nation)...and was shut out after attempting to throw back and look at another seat option - seemingly quicker than I have in the past.
It was for Nick Mason night #2 at the Wiltern, and seeing as I already had a ticket for night #1 it didn't bother me. Went back in an hour or so, and many of the same non VIP/platinum cheap seats were still there.

i got night 1 too, not sure if I am going to keep it or not.

Once upon a time, you had the best available prompt with the dropdown menu and after the initial onsale, an interactive map to click on the blue, red or gold dots.

Now your only option is waiting room, followed by interactive map and side bar list (which defaults to lowest price but you can also click on best seats to list that way) so everyone is clicking on the same tickets, and when a ticket you click on is already taken, you get kicked back into the waiting room.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:50

Hairball
Dan
bv

eye popping smiley

Didn't realize there were 2 Wiltern shows. I scored a really nice ticket for night one. Didn't have good luck for Masonic in SF but pulled a favor and have 2 top price level seats waiting at will call.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:53

Dan
Hairball
Dan
bv

eye popping smiley

i got night 1 too, not sure if I am going to keep it or not.

Once upon a time, you had the best available prompt with the dropdown menu and after the initial onsale, an interactive map to click on the blue, red or gold dots.

Now your only option is waiting room, followed by interactive map and side bar list (which defaults to lowest price but you can also click on best seats to list that way) so everyone is clicking on the same tickets, and when a ticket you click on is already taken, you get kicked back into the waiting room.

You don't get kicked back to waiting room unless you refresh the browser. It is a PITA though and I expect this will be a short lived solution but we may be fighting it with the Stones. The trick I use is multiple computers each running Chrome, Firefox and IE. Increases the odds.

Date: November 24, 2018 22:09

daspyknows
Hairball
Dan
bv

eye popping smiley

Didn't realize there were 2 Wiltern shows. I scored a really nice ticket for night one. Didn't have good luck for Masonic in SF but pulled a favor and have 2 top price level seats waiting at will call.

Awesome daspy, you'll be down in L.A. for night #1?
I bought a cheapie front row mezzanine for $62+ fees, while a couple of friends of mine (hardcore diehard Pink Floyd fans) paid $500 VIP front row!!! I could see him apprx. 8 times for that price! Anyhow, can't justify paying more than what I did for what is basically a glorified tribute band - yes he was the drummer for PF, but it's kind of like Ringo and his All Star Band playing Beatles tunes - but in Ringo's case he actually sang on some of those tunes, and he also has his solo hits. That said, I'd rather see Nick Mason than Ringo. Also bought a cheapie for night #2, but not sure if I'll keep it.

Dan

Yes, it's all out of whack!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 22:11 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home