Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:18

GAFF
daniel t
Question about presale tickets

Am I the only one convinced that the first tickets to pop up during the presale are the shitty tickets that Ticketmaster wants to make sure are 1) sold and 2) sold at a higher price that they worth?

I got bad tickets for Marseille even though I bought them during the first minutes of the pre-sale. Same thing for a couple of previous shows by other artists.

What do you think?

I have no faith in presales. In my experience, the seats/Pits I've wanted "sell out" immediately. This is purely a tactic to get impatient or panicked folks to buy the outrageously priced VP packages, and of course many will end up buying seats they don't really want. For the London shows, Pit "sold out" immediately. I know people who then dropped $1200 for VIP even though they didn't want to. Within a few weeks, Pits started falling like rain. There were a few days when you could pull Pit every time you tried. It was silly. Patience is key.

hi gaff! So you want to say that if I enter the presale by ticketmaster and the pit is exhausted, wait a while and check ticketmaster to find the desired ticket in the pit? Or that is given in other alternative webs of ticket sales? greetings from Buenos Aires.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:20

Hairball
MKjan
bye bye johnny
Bonnaroo 2019: Could The Rolling Stones headline?

Dave Paulson, Nashville Tennessean Nov. 20, 2018

John Partipilo / The Tennessean

Fans around the country are no doubt thrilled that The Rolling Stones are coming to their town on the 2019 "No Filter" tour. But here in Middle Tennessee, there's reason to be excited about the dates the rock giants haven't booked.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and company will kick off the tour April 20 in Miami, and for the most part, they'll play a show every four to five days through June 21.

But there's a significant gap between the band's June 13 stop in East Rutherford, New Jersey and the tour-closer at Chicago's Solider Field on June 21. And that's when the 2019 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival takes place (June 13 to 16 in Manchester, Tennessee).

Now, there are several valid reasons why the Stones could headline Bonnaroo — but there are just as many reasons why they wouldn't. We'll start with the negative.

For one thing, every show on this tour is followed by a minimum of three days off for the band. If they were to headline Bonnaroo, and to close out the festival on June 16, that still would only allow for two days off between gigs.

Furthermore, the Stones obsessives at the "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" fan club believe it's possible the band will add a second date at MetLife Stadium on June 17 — which would makes sense, as it's the largest market of the tour.

But in the "pro" column: There's precedent for Bonnaroo booking a massive, legendary act like the Rolling Stones.

In addition to the festival's affinity for veteran rockers (Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty), it also shelled out considerable funds to book U2 for their first U.S. festival ever in 2017.

That's the same boat the Stones are in, essentially. In the modern festival era, they've never played a U.S. fest, and it was a very big deal when they played England's Glastonbury Festival for the first time in 2013.

Still, if Bonnaroo does land the Stones, they might not be the first U.S. festival, after all. Fans in New Orleans are buzzing after Jagger mentioned their city's name in a new song listing the tour dates — which would put them in town for Jazz Fest. Unfortunately, Jagger didn't sing anything about Bonnaroo or Tennessee.

And just to make things really interesting: Paul McCartney also has a huge gap in his 2019 "Freshen Up" tour that would put him in Bonnaroo's neck of the woods that week. But he headlined in 2013, and when it comes to its biggest headliners, Bonnaroo, too, likes to keep things fresh — though Radiohead, Eminem and Red Hot Chili Peppers have all returned in recent years.

If tradition holds, we're less than two months away from finding out the truth. Bonnaroo typically reveals its lineup in early January.

[www.tennessean.com]

Should note U2 did play the US Festival in southern CA, early 80's, but they were not headliners as best as I can remember, just another band on the bill.

No not headliners, but definitely a highlight of the third day.
There was "new wave day" (Clash headliner), "heavy metal day" (Van Halen headliner), and finally "rock day" (David Bowie headliner).
U2 were around middle of the bill the third day playing in daylight, and I remember Bono climbing precariously up and around the scaffolding!
While Bowie was great as the grand finale, my memory of his set is a bit blurry after staying up nearly three days straight and hanging by a thread,
Absolute best was The Clash - my third time seeing them, and the last show with Mick Jones in the band.

But I digress....as a "Stones obsessive" (lol) I don't think they will be playing Bonaroo!

And maybe Coachella April 2019 as a warm up....

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:22

makustone
GAFF
daniel t
Question about presale tickets

Am I the only one convinced that the first tickets to pop up during the presale are the shitty tickets that Ticketmaster wants to make sure are 1) sold and 2) sold at a higher price that they worth?

I got bad tickets for Marseille even though I bought them during the first minutes of the pre-sale. Same thing for a couple of previous shows by other artists.

What do you think?

I have no faith in presales. In my experience, the seats/Pits I've wanted "sell out" immediately. This is purely a tactic to get impatient or panicked folks to buy the outrageously priced VP packages, and of course many will end up buying seats they don't really want. For the London shows, Pit "sold out" immediately. I know people who then dropped $1200 for VIP even though they didn't want to. Within a few weeks, Pits started falling like rain. There were a few days when you could pull Pit every time you tried. It was silly. Patience is key.

hi gaff! So you want to say that if I enter the presale by ticketmaster and the pit is exhausted, wait a while and check ticketmaster to find the desired ticket in the pit? Or that is given in other alternative webs of ticket sales? greetings from Buenos Aires.

Yes, just wait. Keep checking. Be patient cos it may take a few weeks for them to start dropping.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:25

TheGreek
I just checked Ticketmaster for ticket prices and could not find prices . Does anyone know the cost from the cheapest to the highest cost for tickets please ?

Ticketmaster no longer posts prices in advance. They don't want to give you time to talk yourself out of going. The good news is people will be carting and throwing back seats once they find out how much they are.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:36

No pit in New York?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 20:44 by jackflash27.

Date: November 21, 2018 20:42

jackflash27
No pit in New York?

That's generic. They've not posted the actual chart, but it will have Pits.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:44

^ That empty seating chart would be fantastic though - just like the old days...a free for all!

Date: November 21, 2018 20:49

Hairball
^ That empty seating chart would be fantastic though - just like the old days...a free for all!

Last time was '81.

Date: November 21, 2018 21:11

GAFF
Hairball

Last time was '81.

Yes it was, and imagine the pricing structure of those days...about $15.00 across the board!

Date: November 21, 2018 21:15

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball

Last time was '81.

Yes it was, and imagine the pricing structure of those days...about $15.00 across the board!

That's exactly what I paid. Ah, those were the salad days!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 21, 2018 21:19

Hairball

Oh yeah! Could work out a lot of frustration scratching, kicking, tripping, and biting my way to the front! haha!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 21, 2018 21:22

jackflash27
No pit in New York?

And, apparently, no stage!

Date: November 21, 2018 21:27

glmmr_twn
jackflash27
No pit in New York?

And, apparently, no stage!

LOL!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 21, 2018 21:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 21:38 by mosthigh.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2018 21:49

Dan
TheGreek
I just checked Ticketmaster for ticket prices and could not find prices . Does anyone know the cost from the cheapest to the highest cost for tickets please ?

Ticketmaster no longer posts prices in advance. They don't want to give you time to talk yourself out of going. The good news is people will be carting and throwing back seats once they find out how much they are.
Thanks for the info

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 22:12

dumb question...

Ticketmaster currently isn't posting the ticket prices on their website, but has anyone tried calling them and asking?

I've tried a few times but I keep getting pushed to the automated system rather than speaking to a person.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2018 22:23

Not a dumb question. Good idea to try.

In addition to Denver and both in Chicago, there is now a fair possibility of my going to the Rose Bowl show. But it may, in part, depend on Hairball.

plexi

Date: November 21, 2018 22:32

rlj1010
dumb question...

Ticketmaster currently isn't posting the ticket prices on their website, but has anyone tried calling them and asking?

I've tried a few times but I keep getting pushed to the automated system rather than speaking to a person.

C'mon, we already know, even if not down to the penny.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 21, 2018 22:38

LA is may 11, Santa Clara may 18. a private show that week? hope so, it brings ticket prices down.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2018 22:45

sundevil
LA is may 11, Santa Clara may 18. a private show that week? hope so, it brings ticket prices down.

How on earth do you make that correlation?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 21, 2018 23:24

cyclist
OhYesMeAgain
I was wondering does anyone think it would be too grueling to take an Uber back to San Francisco/Berkeley area right after the Santa Clara show?

I just looked it up on Lyft, which tends to be cheaper in SF, and if I left now, it's $80, but it might be more given surge pricing and the time of night after the show. Also, you may not be able to find anyone open to taking that drive, but I have little experience in that.

I would think a driver would like this fare/ drive-
lengthy, the best freeway in the world (280)
I looked up Uber SF for you
[www.uber.com]

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 22, 2018 05:20

TM restricts the inventory at any given time. You're not going to get much in a pre-sale.

Unless you need the assurance of getting a VIP ticket early, or are buying a single, I would definitely wait.

More inventory will come available on TM as the weeks pass and prices on Stub Hub tend to hit the bottom two days prior to the show.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 22, 2018 05:21

Soldier Field

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 22, 2018 07:19

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball

Last time was '81.

So Hairball,you think they will overplay their hand like Vegas 16 or be more reasonable because of the big stadiums?
Vivid seats put a post on Facebook selling outrageously priced tickets and the comments section was just one after another people brutally bashing the Stones.
If they go crazy with the prices and piss too many people off you could see a backlash.
Social media can become a crowd of torch wielding villagers at the drop of a hat and no one is immune to it.
In America these things can snowball so fast and a 75 year old rock band charging $1000 a ticket look really ripe for a takedown, I hope not but as Hairball and I have discussed here before Vegas 16 was something I’ve never seen.
That situation in 13 different cities would not be a pretty picture.

Date: November 22, 2018 07:22

lem motlow
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball

Last time was '81.

So Hairball,you think they will overplay their hand like Vegas 16 or be more reasonable because of the big stadiums?
Vivid seats put a post on Facebook selling outrageously priced tickets and the comments section was just one after another people brutally bashing the Stones.
If they go crazy with the prices and piss too many people off you could see a backlash.
Social media can become a crowd of torch wielding villagers at the drop of a hat and no one is immune to it.
In America these things can snowball so fast and a 75 year old rock band charging $1000 a ticket look really ripe for a takedown, I hope not but as Hairball and I have discussed here before Vegas 16 was something I’ve never seen.

How will the so-called backlash affect anything?

People who don't want to pay up can stay home. They aren't enough tickets for everyone who wants to go.

Date: November 22, 2018 08:01

lem motlow
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball

Last time was '81.

I hope they don't try and rob the rich and the poor and everyone else in between! But seeing these are monstrous/massive stadiums, prices will probably vary from reasonable to outrageous, with some mid-range prices in between. If they attempt to overprice every category (which could very well happen), there could be some form of boycotting fueled by social media! And that could lead to massive price drops ala *Vegas 16 (and Desert Trip), with stubhub sellers practically giving them away the day of show. And like some of the recent European shows, there's a possibility they will have to get rid of tickets via discount site Groupon. And with the Desert Trip shows - massive amounts of discounted tickets being sold through Costco, eventually being sold at a fraction of the price on stubhub. And that's where patience will pay off and I swoop in to pick up the spoils. That said, I will be looking carefully at official presale and general sales, and if there's a reasonably priced ticket in a reasonable location, I might go for it. I'll also be looking at Lucky Dips. If none of that pans out, eventually something will happen!

Dan
People who don't want to pay up can stay home. They aren't enough tickets for everyone who wants to go.

You really think so Dan?

Date: November 22, 2018 08:13

How will the so-called backlash effect anything-the people who don’t want to pay up can stay home.

You’re absolutely sure there are more people that want to go than there are tickets? I’m not saying you’re wrong but nothing is ever a given.
They’ll probably pull the same old bait and switch but ever since I saw Mike Tyson get knocked out cold I’m cynical of the old sure thing.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 22, 2018 08:28

Guys, the average selling ticket price will be under $200. Once they sell enough premium seats, the rest of the venue gets flexed.

This has happened with every stadium tour since A Bigger Bang. They always make their numbers, the internet has made it easy to move a lot of tickets almost instantly. The premium seats give them their number and the lucky dips fill the building.

Date: November 22, 2018 09:11

Jeter1984
Guys, the average selling ticket price will be under $200. Once they sell enough premium seats, the rest of the venue gets flexed.

This has happened with every stadium tour since A Bigger Bang. They always make their numbers, the internet has made it easy to move a lot of tickets almost instantly. The premium seats give them their number and the lucky dips fill the building.

We know all that,what we’re talking about when we say Vegas 16 was the show they did there in 2016 and the tickets were something like $750 for lower balcony.
Hairball was there and confirmed what my family and friends who work on the strip told me,instead of the excitement of the Stones rolling into town it was a collective eye roll and FU to the Stones.
They canceled one night because of Micks voice and the show they did had many empty seats even after the casino hosts at every hotel were giving away stacks of tickets.
The initial stupid pricing turned everyone off to the point they lost interest.

Date: November 22, 2018 09:33

lem motlow
How will the so-called backlash effect anything-the people who don’t want to pay up can stay home.

You’re absolutely sure there are more people that want to go than there are tickets? I’m not saying you’re wrong but nothing is ever a given.
They’ll probably pull the same old bait and switch but ever since I saw Mike Tyson get knocked out cold I’m cynical of the old sure thing.

If tickets were in the $50-100 range, then 16 shows definitely would not be enough.

Probably the most outrageous ticket scheme is what Taylor Swift did on her most recent tour and it never really affected overall attendance.

Step outside the circle jerk of hero worshipping obsessive compulsives and no one cares how much tickets are. Either pay up or stay home.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home