Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:33

MisterDDDD
It'll definitely be interesting to see how they ticket Jazz Fest..
Ticket and crowd wise.. could be smallest or largest crowd of the tour (?)

The issue with Jazz Fest is that it is almost all GA outside of three small VIP areas at the main stage. The rumor is $150 for GA that day, 2018 single day advance was $65 then $70 then $80 at gate. The sight lines for GA are not all of that good either unless you get right up front at the rail next to the VIP area or a bleacher seat WAY in the back.

At the 50,000 rumored cap for tickets to be sold , at $150 it can make the Stones payout with a little left over for other acts. It will sell, it will be fun, but I wouldn't go unless I sprung for VIP.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:35

I don't know anything about physical sizes of venues around the world, but I do know for a fact that the average crowd sizes of the US stadiums are higher than the relatively smaller European stadiums. So in short more people and higher ticket prices are two separate factors which drive up the total gross revenue. You will not find any St Mary's or Ricoh sort of venues during the 2019 US tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:45

Re: New Orleans, it's still 'possible' the Stones show will be in the Superdome. They have had shows not at the fairgrounds that are 'part' of Jazz Fest. I almost hope it IS the Superdome. I've been to a couple headliner acts at the Jazz Fest big stage (Acura as I recall?) at the fair grounds, and it's a LOT of people. (55,000? Seems more like half a million!) And for the Stones it will be packed in like sardines.

As an aside to all that - I spend a LOT of time in NOLA for work, and have a list of my favorite restaurants and a few other pointers. If anyone would like me to email it, or have other specific questions, I'm happy to try and help. I'm from Boston, and the NOLA show is the one other (besides Foxboro) show I'm really hoping to attend. - I'm at dpemerson531@gmail.com

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:47

No, but those aren't major European soccer stadiums.

The point is that the European soccer stadiums and NFL stadiums have very similar concert capacities, ranging between 50-65k.

The ticket gross is cities such as Munich, Berlin, Bacelona, London, Stockholm is just about the same as the US.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: November 21, 2018 00:02

5stringTele
Keefy
Any word on ticket prices?
Here are 5 words on ticket prices:

Obscenely expensive. Totally worth it.

I'll second the motion for a separate thread on 2018 ticket prices, but I really wish people would bother to read at least a few pages before they ask the same questions that are asked on every page and answered (when possible).
That is why i preposed separate thread. Cant keep up

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: November 21, 2018 00:03

bv
Ticket prices for the US Tour 2019:

I don't think we need a separate thread on this, just feel free to post your estimates here, but if you want to complain about prices in general, then feel free to use this thread:

The ticket prices and other complaints thread

I don't have any scientific research on ticket prices, but I have been to many Stones shows, and the most expensive market by far is USA. Personally I think it is unfair, but a Stones show is not a social experiment, it is all about supply and demand, and it seems as there are many people with a lot of money in USA.

I remember going to MSG Jan 1998. All of the floor was $300. I spend more money on my 3 floor tickets - $900 - than the rest of my travel including flight and accomodation in NYC. Since then I have been to MSG several times, and every time the $300 mark grew higher and higher up on the sides. If they had played MSG in 2019 I am sure the floor would have been priced $1,000 up, and the rest of the venue would have been $400 and up...

I do budgets and calculculations of all my shows anmdf travels. From memory, any English spoken area and country is expensive. The Ole Tour was cheap, Europe is always cheaper than USA ticket wise.

That is why I simply estimate at least 10% to 20% higher ticket price in USA 2019 vs Europe 2017/2018. Sure we could wish for a lot lower prices, but I think it is fair to have realistic expectations. They have to cover up for one show every four days. In the past it was on average one show in every three days. Then they added two more shows vs the fourteen standard, which helps in on getting prices a bit lower.

Lucky Dip tickets were $29.50 each at the Zip Code tour in 2015. I can't remember those other ticket prices, but I do believe the best tickets were quite high priced, while there were still a few reasonable priced tickets, even if they were not the best ones.

In short, I would still expect the average ticket in USA 2019 to be in the range of $200, which means there should be tickets both at $50 or so (Lucky Dip), around $100 and $150, hopefully, then probably sky high PIT tickets and front row seats at $500 and $800 and so on. The Rolling Stones have never been a cheap act, but this might be the last time, I don't know...

Good post, here is the question though. If there is a larger capacity in United States football arenas then on the Europe tour, shouldn’t tickets be cheaper? Less seats, higher price, more seats, lower price. Reasonable , no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 00:06 by DrFixembones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2018 00:21

DrFixembones
If there is a larger capacity in United States football arenas then on the Europe tour, shouldn’t tickets be cheaper? Less seats, higher price, more seats, lower price. Reasonable , no?

You would think so, but this is the Stones - known for pillaging and plundering their way through the States many times.
If there's a way to make the shows extremely profitable, the Stones will find a way. Just wait until you see the multiple VIP packages - silver, gold, platinum, etc.
That said, I look forward to getting in at a reasonable price - whether purchasing mid range at $200 max, lucky dips, or waiting it out for the massive price drops which are sure to happen at a few stadiums.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 21, 2018 00:33

My biggest concern about Jazz Fest.....and I've been to several.....and when it rains there it ours, to the point of turning that entire field to mud!

I'm guessing it's in the Dome. I don't see how the Stones would get their stage out of there before Fest resumes on Friday May 3.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:04

Hairball
DrFixembones
If there is a larger capacity in United States football arenas then on the Europe tour, shouldn’t tickets be cheaper? Less seats, higher price, more seats, lower price. Reasonable , no?

You would think so, but this is the Stones - known for pillaging and plundering their way through the States many times.
If there's a way to make the shows extremely profitable, the Stones will find a way. Just wait until you see the multiple VIP packages - silver, gold, platinum, etc.
That said, I look forward to getting in at a reasonable price - whether purchasing mid range at $200 max, lucky dips, or waiting it out for the massive price drops which are sure to happen at a few stadiums.

It's just the way it is, sucks for us but it's not just the Stones. Just for fun, I have no intention of going, I logged in to the presale for an upcoming KISS show here in WA. Easily able to pull 2nd row but VIP only at $750 ea. A friend said it was $1000 front row, $750 2nd row, $500 3rd row. Again, that's KISS...

The difference with the Stones is I simply don't even get to see those tickets. Gone are the days I could get online at the start of an on sale for a show and pretty much without question pull floor seats in the first 20 rows. That's how it was for No Security. It seems our access to the really good tickets continues to dwindle while the prices continue to rise.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:17

Talking about stadium capacities in USA and Europe...

BV, just look at the average capacity/attendance of "Zip Code Tour" and compere it to the average capacity/attendance of "No Filter I" and "No Filter II", in Europe. The numbers from European stadiums are clearly bigger. Approx. 48,000 in the USA and 53,000 in Europe.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:26

Haha as Mick did already announce the New Oreleans gig in his little USA song, it is so sure to happen that it could even be changed to "probably" on the tour page grinning smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:53

Hairball
Dan
Hairball
Thru and Thru
Hairball

That was fantastic!

It already looks outdated and cheesy (in a good way) like some long lost time capsule...and those cheerleaders are great to look at!
The excitement is taking over the city!!!

Hate to say it but it's true. I live in LA and hate going to the Rose Bowl for anything with a passion but that was kinda cool. Still not sure if I'll make the sacrifice even for the Stones but it is on my home turf.... confused smiley

I guess you can be grateful it's not at the L.A. Coliseum - at least the surrounding neighborhoods of the Rose Bowl are nice in comparison.

I thought you lived down in Orange County?

But it's still an easier in and out to the Coliseum than the Rose Bowl. Even with the lack of parking, you can park downtown and Uber/bus/Expo line it in within 5 minutes. Rose Bowl it's a one lane road to $50 parking, the overpacked shuttles or a long walk down poorly lit roads with no signs pointing you in the right direction.

True enough Dan.

Maybe the new Rams stadium will be the best of both worlds (even though it's in Inglewood winking smiley ), but that's still a couple years away.
And maybe the Stones will play there on their next tour haha - evidently it will be the site of SuperBowl LVI in 2022, and the home of the 2028 Summer Olympics!

But in the meantime no matter, I'm good with either the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl - both massive monstrosities/stadiums!

es, I do live in Orange County so either stadium would be a hassle. I have major back problems and cannot walk very well anymore so Rose Bowl will be a nightmare for me. I suppose the Colliseum would be as well but I've never been there, at the Rose Bowl I already know the situation.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 21, 2018 02:27

samMuc
bv
MoreFastNumbers
I don't get why people think American stadiums are bigger concert venues than the European ones. Maybe the popular bird's eye view pictures during NFL games or the old '81 tour snapshots... Who knows?! But in fact the 2019 USA leg will be very similar to the European legs capacity-wise.

Let's take a look at some recent data of sold out concerts (U2 Joshua Tree Tour '17) with the same stage configurations in the exact same venues the Stones will play next year:

Hard Rock Stadium MIAMI, FL - 48,494
NRG Stadium HOUSTON, TX - 47,669
State Farm Stadium GLENDALE, AZ - 42,814
The Rose Bowl PASADENA, CA - 61,582
Levi’s Stadium SANTA CLARA, CA - 50,072
CenturyLink Field SEATTLE, WA - 57,009
FedExField WASHINGTON, DC - 49,827
Lincoln Financial Field PHILADELPHIA, PA - 56,570
Gillette Stadium FOXBOROUGH, MA - 55,231
MetLife Stadium EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - 55,321
Soldier Field CHICAGO, IL - 52,539

Average capacity (11 out of the 14 future Stones venues): 52,466

Modern football stadiums are built mainly for weekly sport events not for occasional concerts.

Higher average ticket prices in stronger markets what will make the difference regarding revenues. Not higher averege capacity.

I am 100% sure of the fact that stadiums in USA are way larger capacity than those found in Europe. I have spend days and weeks and years estimating capacity for Stones shows, it is a difficult task, but I am 100% sure there are many many larger stadiums in USA, including those The Rolling Stones will be performing at next spring/summer.

Just take a look at the following list, the world's largest stadiums:

List of stadiums by capacity

Of the top ten stadiums in the world 8 of 10 are in USA, all capacity more than 100,000 people, none of the top 10 stadiums are in Europe (the two others are in North Korea and Australia).

For the next ranked 11-20 in crowd size you find 5 out of 10 again from USA, all capacity more than 87,000, then the two largest in Europe show up : Camp Nou (never played by Stones) and Wembley stadium (new rebuilt stadium never played by Stones).

Typical stadiums for the Stones tour next year i.e. 2019, including the "smaller" Soldier Field and Gillette Stadium:

Venue / Sports capacity / Concert capacity (rs exact numbers)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rose Bowl 94,000 / 65,000 (rs: 60,000)
Metlife stadium 80,242 / 65,000
Soldier Field 61,500 / 50,000 (rs: 52,000 - 55,000)
Gillette Stadium 66,000 / 55,000

Please note that concert configurations in US American Football stadiums do typically allow at least 80% of the sports capacity for concerts, some times more. Soldier Field Chicago takes 61,500 for football and 55,000 for Stones concerts (real exact numbers from past shows).

Numbers from The Rolling Stones shows in Europe 2018:

Venue / Sports capacity / Concert capacity
------------------------------------------------------------------
Olympiastadion, Berlin 74 475 / 67,295 (rs exact number)
St Mary's Stadium, Southampton 32,505 / 26,582 (rs exact number)
Ricoh Arena (stadium), Coventry 32,609 / 31,559 (rs exact number)
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart 60,441 / 43,291 (rs exact number)

You will not find any venues during the 2019 USA tour with just 26,000 or 31,000 or even 43,000 people in the crowd, like we had in Europe this summmer. The smallest venue for the US 2019 tour is probably Jazz Fest, I don't know that one, or Gillette Stadium, which is "relatively small" in USA, still large as compared to European soccer stadiums.

A final note, in Europe you may use the rule of thumb taking away 25% to 30% of the sports capacity for concerts, then adding 10,000 or so for GA field standing, and you will getb the concert capacity for Stones shows. This will work for the stadiums mentioned above in Europe. However, american football has got wider, larger fields, as far as I know, soccer fields are smaller in size, and they may place chairs all over the large football field, for some reason chairs take up the same space as GA "people" space, due to fire and securioty regulations, this was something I learned in Shanghai, when the PIT was chairs only, and the capacity was exactly the same as at all other shows, where the PIT was always standing - I counted every chair in the pit in Shanghai...

Nothing wrong with large stadiums, they do allow for a great and large crowd, but except for Camp Neu Barcelona, and may be a few others like Maracana Rio de Janeiro, US football stadiums are among thelargest capacity in thde world, and I am sure they can accomodate at least 20% more people at the average Stones stadium show in USA 2019 as compared to Europe 2017/2018.

Yes and no. While the seating capacity in the US is way larger the field is actually smaller. An American Football field is 109x49m while a typical soccer field is 105x68m. Means 5200qm vs 7100qm. Not taking the surroundings like coach benches into account, that's quite a difference. In a concert scenario those steep, packed, modern stadiums lose quite a few seats. For example Twickenham this year wich is a stadium with a capacity of 82.000 seats "only" had 55.000 people at the Stones concert. Also in europe combined Soccer/Athletics Stadiums are more common. Like Berlin, Munich, Barcelona, London Stadium wich were played by the Stones during the No filter Tour. Munich for example has a field size of 180x120m. Also let' s not forget those Mega Venues like Spielberg and Hamburg with 80 and 90.000 people. Basically what I want to say is, the US Tour will pretty much be on par with the 2017 European Leg in my Opinion. Also let me add that I'm an absolute stadium concert/stage design freak wich is why I'm so obsessed with these numbers. I even make 3D previsualisations of the seats I booked smiling smiley But this does not mean that my numbers are correct it 's just a rough estimation.

I wondered a bit about the completely new stage design for the US Leg. It somehow doesn' t make sense to me. Maybe they just mean the No Filter Stage as we know it and this message is directed to people who do not follow them as closely as we do ? Or they build a stage that is more open to the sides and back to get more people into a stadium, like the Greatful Dead did it in Chicago 2015. This of course would make this Leg a lot larger than the previous ones. Well but regarding the Greatful Dead Stage. Those were some nosebleed seats. Actually more like 2 hours punch in the face seats. Hopefully the Stones don' t go that way.

I read all I can on attendances on stadium tours also, Rock, Pop or Country... just to see who plays where on the chance The Stones will play the same venue one day, if they haven't already.

Two points to remember:

You can get on wiki and look up a stadium and it'll usually have a list of it's concert history, with lots of attendances and gross sales numbers. That attendance figure is gonna be right on par with what The Stones will have as a maximum also. The only real exception to these numbers would be U2's 360 tour, where they did stadiums "in the round".

That number and the field capacity itself has a lot to do with the local fire marshals here in the US. They will only permit X amount of people in an area of a specific size, or the event will not happen. Look at Indianapolis on Zip Code 2015... IMS holds hundreds of thousands, but only for a race! They cordoned off the concert site and sold 50,000 tickets, even though it could've been much larger, but the local officials have significant input in these matters.

See you all over in 2019! Very excited we get another go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 02:29 by TKinOH.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: November 21, 2018 03:26

Woz
My biggest concern about Jazz Fest.....and I've been to several.....and when it rains there it ours, to the point of turning that entire field to mud!

I'm guessing it's in the Dome. I don't see how the Stones would get their stage out of there before Fest resumes on Friday May 3.

I'm hoping it's the Dome, as well. As much as I'd love a trip down to NOLA (and the closest show to me), I'm considering another city just to avoid seeing the boys in a festival setting.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 21, 2018 03:42

I don’t think they are putting their stage in at the jazz fest site. I actually hope they play in there. We will see.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 03:53

steffialicia
Gaetzi
I'm almost embarrassed to say I paid something around $600 per ticket (with fees?) for good seats on the field in San Diego 2015. We were to the right of the walkway so still a good 30 rows back from the stage. I fear the good seats on this tour are going to be $700-800 plus fees

Don't be embarrassed. You're not alone.
For Zip Code tour at Comerica Park in Detroit I waited like all the good folks on here told me to for a couple of weeks to buy and paid $300 a piece for 3rd row seats. Keith’s side not center but well worth it. Just don’t rush to buy!!

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 21, 2018 04:20

[/quote]
For Zip Code tour at Comerica Park in Duetroit I waited like all the good folks on here told me to for a couple of weeks to buy and paid $300 a piece for 3rd row seats. Keith’s side not center but well worth it. Just don’t rush to buy!![/quote]

hi Stonesfan13, I'm from Buenos Aires and I'm going to the Metlife shows and I want to be as close to the stage as possible. How long did you wait to buy and get that seat? In what web did you buy the ticket? Sorry for the inconvenience

Date: November 21, 2018 04:20

laertisflash

BV, just look at the average capacity/attendance of "Zip Code Tour" and compere it to the average capacity/attendance of "No Filter I" and "No Filter II", in Europe. The numbers from European stadiums are clearly bigger. Approx. 48,000 in the USA and 53,000 in Europe.

Zip Code was a mix of baseball stadiums, University stadiums , and NFL stadiums. On average, the baseball and University stadiums have a smaller capacity.
For example - Petco Park in San Diego (a baseball stadium) has a concert capacity of apprx. 40,000, while AT&T stadium in Dallas (an NFL stadium) has a concert capacity at around 80,000.

This time around, all massive NFL stadiums (aside from Jazz Fest).
The Rosebowl and Metlife stadiums both being the largest have a capacity at 80,000, with the rest somewhere in between 50,000- 70,000.

*BV has Gillete stadium in Foxboro listed at only 45,000, but pretty sure it holds way more than that for concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 04:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 04:47

makustone
For Zip Code tour at Comerica Park in Duetroit I waited like all the good folks on here told me to for a couple of weeks to buy and paid $300 a piece for 3rd row seats. Keith’s side not center but well worth it. Just don’t rush to buy!![/quote]

hi Stonesfan13, I'm from Buenos Aires and I'm going to the Metlife shows and I want to be as close to the stage as possible. How long did you wait to buy and get that seat? In what web did you buy the ticket? Sorry for the inconvenience[/quote]
Between 2-3 weeks after they went on sale. Just kept looking on the main site daily no secondary market waiting for something in the first 5 rows and they dropped them. Like everyone on here says don’t rush to buy. There was nothing but vip’s in those seats for big $$ waited and there they were!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2018 05:09

laertisflash

I can answer that for bv. The Zip Code Tour was a tour of small to medium size markets in the USA and was very unusual in that regard. Buffalo NY for example, has a population smaller than little European cities like Zurich, but is not easily accessible from major cities and has no tourist attractions. The stadium there is rarely used for concerts, as the market can't support the shows, but the Stones play there all the time.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: November 21, 2018 05:22

Friends, I need some reassurance regarding ticket purchasing. Every tour, I always jump on the first day of sale. Should I really wait the 2-3 weeks after the announcement to get tickets? Also, I am looking for a pit experience for the first time and want to know when is the best time to purchase pit tickets?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 21, 2018 05:40

Ram
Friends, I need some reassurance regarding ticket purchasing. Every tour, I always jump on the first day of sale. Should I really wait the 2-3 weeks after the announcement to get tickets? Also, I am looking for a pit experience for the first time and want to know when is the best time to purchase pit tickets?

If you just gotta have pit then grab them the moment you see them.

Depending on the gig (NJ, La etc) you might not get that opportunity anyway.

If it's just you or your wife or kids or whatever don't really care, then shoot for one.

Date: November 21, 2018 06:17

Not sure if the Pit is the optimum location for a massive spectacle like this even if you have money to burn, and/or if you've already seen them up close in the past.
After seeing pics and videos of No Filter I&II, I would suggest anywhere between a third to two thirds back on the field- better visuals and overall better sound as is the case with most,if not all stadium shows.
Unless you've never been up close before, then it might be worthwhile for the experience, but you still have to take the high price into consideration and then ask yourself: Is it truly worth $650 and up to see the Stones up close playing a 19 song set of mostly warhorses that have been beaten to death? Where the visuals and overall atmosphere can't be fully appreciated, and the sound itself is not the best?

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 21, 2018 06:27

Hairball
Not sure if the Pit is the optimum location for a massive spectacle like this even if you have money to burn, and/or if you've already seen them up close in the past.
After seeing pics and videos of No Filter I&II, I would suggest anywhere between a third to two thirds back on the field- better visuals and overall better sound as is the case with most,if not all stadium shows.
Unless you've never been up close before, then it might be worthwhile for the experience, but you still have to take the high price into consideration and then ask yourself: Is it truly worth $650 and up to see the Stones up close playing a 19 song set of mostly warhorses that have been beaten to death? Where the visuals and overall atmosphere can't be fully appreciated, and the sound itself is not the best?

In my case it is a dream that I have had for many years, to see the stones in another country and to have them as close as possible. I am Argentine from Buenos Aires and I saw them here 4 times. 1 in 2006 and 3 in 2016. Every time I saw them from the preferential audience. Never in the field because here in Argentina is very uncomfortable if you want to see the show "quiet". We are recognized as one or the most fervent public in the world. But I do not want to go on topic, my dream is to have them as close as possible, enjoy the show in my quiet place and I know that in the USA I can have it. the only thing that I hope is to be able to buy the tickets and that they are not so expensive as I have been reading here in the forum. A big hug!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 21, 2018 06:53

Hairball
then ask yourself: Is it truly worth $650 and up to see the Stones up close playing a 19 song set of mostly warhorses that have been beaten to death?

For me, absolutely. It's expensive but there is nothing I'd rather spend $650 on. Being up close means that you can see the band interacting with each other, which is what to me actually makes each experience somewhat different. I find it hard to get into a Stones show from halfway back in a stadium (easier in an arena); I understand others feeling differently though.

On ticket prices, the standard price for front block tickets on Zip Code was about $450. I'm expecting 500-525 for front blocks this time around, and 700-750 for pit. But they often find a way of surprising me...

syrel

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 21, 2018 07:19

syrel
Hairball
then ask yourself: Is it truly worth $650 and up to see the Stones up close playing a 19 song set of mostly warhorses that have been beaten to death?

For me, absolutely. It's expensive but there is nothing I'd rather spend $650 on. Being up close means that you can see the band interacting with each other, which is what to me actually makes each experience somewhat different. I find it hard to get into a Stones show from halfway back in a stadium (easier in an arena); I understand others feeling differently though.

On ticket prices, the standard price for front block tickets on Zip Code was about $450. I'm expecting 500-525 for front blocks this time around, and 700-750 for pit. But they often find a way of surprising me...

syrel

For me, I need to be in specific seats. Just not an option to me.

Date: November 21, 2018 08:20

makustone
Hairball

In my case it is a dream that I have had for many years, to see the stones in another country and to have them as close as possible. I am Argentine from Buenos Aires and I saw them here 4 times. 1 in 2006 and 3 in 2016. Every time I saw them from the preferential audience. Never in the field because here in Argentina is very uncomfortable if you want to see the show "quiet". We are recognized as one or the most fervent public in the world. But I do not want to go on topic, my dream is to have them as close as possible, enjoy the show in my quiet place and I know that in the USA I can have it. the only thing that I hope is to be able to buy the tickets and that they are not so expensive as I have been reading here in the forum. A big hug!

Hope your dream comes true makustone!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 08:22

drbryant
laertisflash

I can answer that for bv. The Zip Code Tour was a tour of small to medium size markets in the USA and was very unusual in that regard. Buffalo NY for example, has a population smaller than little European cities like Zurich, but is not easily accessible from major cities and has no tourist attractions. The stadium there is rarely used for concerts, as the market can't support the shows, but the Stones play there all the time.

A couple of things. If you look at Zip Code and the first left of No Filter Europe, the average selling ticket prices are only $8 apart.

Second, Buffalo had one of the highest grosses on the Zip Code when you look at average ticket price. Almost $9 million, less than 50k tickets.

Third, Buffalo is less than 2 hours from Toronto (6 million greater population), my guess is there are 10+ million people who live within 5 hours of that stadium.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2018 08:24

Deleted this accidental, partial post. See my reply to Hairball on the next page.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 09:17 by timbernardis.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: November 21, 2018 08:25

If you really want a ticket in the pit, in what will probably be the most popular shows (say Rose Bowl and Metlife), is it advisable to buy a VIP ticket to the pit? I remember in Paris 1, 2, and 3, No Filter 1,it was hard to get a regular pit ticket (although they did pop up from time to time). I am worried if I don't buy a VIP ticket to the pit right away, i might not get another opportunity?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home