Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:55

Dan
keefmick
Does anybody have a feel for whether the American Express presale or the fan club presale will have better tickets or if they will be the same pool? Also, which do you think will be easier to get tickets?

It's usually the same pool, but there is always a chance it might not be.

Aside from Lucky Dip, is there really any advantage of purchasing pre-sale versus Regular tix if they are basically from the same pool? If they are holding good side stadium seats, for example, why purchase next week if the prices may fluctuate downward? Please advise.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:56

rara
ohmercy61
So when can we start complaining about the set list is still to early for that? If not I wanna hear some stuff from under cover emotional rescue black blue dirty work.please leave start me up and miss you at home.out of control in ...you got me rocking in...respectable in...just your fool in..new album. Waiting...

It's still too early. No one will be able to mentally handle 6 months of setlist discussions.

It is all relative, Elton John is selling tickets for December 2020 now.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:59

Chris Fountain
Dan
keefmick
Does anybody have a feel for whether the American Express presale or the fan club presale will have better tickets or if they will be the same pool? Also, which do you think will be easier to get tickets?

Aside from Lucky Dip, is there really any advantage of purchasing pre-sale versus Regular tix if they are basically from the same pool? If they are holding good side stadium seats, for example, why purchase next week if the prices may fluctuate downward? Please advise.

The downward presuure will be in March and April, not the next few weeks. If you find the seats you want in presale, buy, if not wait.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:07

Chris Fountain
Dan
keefmick

Stadium shows the inventory availability and pricing is always changing. A lot of the dynamic pricing data is derived from presale activity so the prices can go up between presale and main sale.

All I can say is if you are not comfortable with buying the tickets you are pulling, then don't buy them.

Date: November 20, 2018 18:09

Stadium shows the inventory availability and pricing is always changing. A lot of the dynamic pricing data is derived from presale activity so the prices can go up between presale and main sale.

All I can say is if you are not comfortable with buying the tickets you are pulling, then don't buy them.

Good Advice for all - Thanks!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:16

Mr Jimmy
dimrstone
Planning to score Pasadena and Santa Clara, any suggestions which areas are the best to stay?

Pasadena and Santa Clara.

Probablycool smiley
But let me rephrase my question:
Which is the more convenient place in La for someone to see all the sights and yet easy for transport to Rose Bowl? Same question about San Fransisco (planning to stay there and travel to Santa Clara on show day)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:20

Any Floridians going to Miami and Jacksonville? If yes, please contact me at 1952steffi@gmail.com

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:23

I want to see the Stones playin live in Metlife Stadium. I will travel from the Netherlands and really hope they will sell Lucky Dip tickets again.

Date: November 20, 2018 18:25

dimrstone
Mr Jimmy
dimrstone
Planning to score Pasadena and Santa Clara, any suggestions which areas are the best to stay?

Probablycool smiley
Which is the more convenient place in La for someone to see all the sights and yet easy for transport to Rose Bowl? Same question about San Fransisco (planning to stay there and travel to Santa Clara on show day)

There is a convenient train Metro train called the Gold Line that runs from downtown LA thru Pasadena and stops a mile from the Rose Bowl so technically you can stay almost anywhere near a Metro line and easily get to Pasadena. Perhaps if you let us know what sights you are most interested in seeing.

It takes about 20 minutes to get from DTLA to Pasadena, another 20 minutes on the Red Line from Universal City thru Hollywood and Wilshire area to Downtown.

I almost exclusively use public transportation sometimes augmented by Lyft.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:38

I don't get why people think American stadiums are bigger concert venues than the European ones. Maybe the popular bird's eye view pictures during NFL games or the old '81 tour snapshots... Who knows?! But in fact the 2019 USA leg will be very similar to the European legs capacity-wise.

Let's take a look at some recent data of sold out concerts (U2 Joshua Tree Tour '17) with the same stage configurations in the exact same venues the Stones will play next year:

Hard Rock Stadium MIAMI, FL - 48,494
NRG Stadium HOUSTON, TX - 47,669
State Farm Stadium GLENDALE, AZ - 42,814
The Rose Bowl PASADENA, CA - 61,582
Levi’s Stadium SANTA CLARA, CA - 50,072
CenturyLink Field SEATTLE, WA - 57,009
FedExField WASHINGTON, DC - 49,827
Lincoln Financial Field PHILADELPHIA, PA - 56,570
Gillette Stadium FOXBOROUGH, MA - 55,231
MetLife Stadium EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - 55,321
Soldier Field CHICAGO, IL - 52,539

Average capacity (11 out of the 14 future Stones venues): 52,466

Modern football stadiums are built mainly for weekly sport events not for occasional concerts.

Higher average ticket prices in stronger markets what will make the difference regarding revenues. Not higher averege capacity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 18:41 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:43

DandelionPowderman
fzv98d
Any word on ticket prices yet?

See Bjørnulf's post. Will be slightly more expensive, it seems.

honestly, 'slightly' is an understatement. According to bv the average ticket price increased from $158 to $200. So overall, ticket prices increased by almost one third.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:45

Dan
dimrstone
Mr Jimmy
dimrstone

Probablycool smiley

There is a convenient train Metro train called the Gold Line that runs from downtown LA thru Pasadena and stops a mile from the Rose Bowl so technically you can stay almost anywhere near a Metro line and easily get to Pasadena. Perhaps if you let us know what sights you are most interested in seeing.

It takes about 20 minutes to get from DTLA to Pasadena, another 20 minutes on the Red Line from Universal City thru Hollywood and Wilshire area to Downtown.

I almost exclusively use public transportation sometimes augmented by Lyft.

Thanks for your answer!
Planning to see Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the beaches and more!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:04

RG
I want to see the Stones playin live in Metlife Stadium. I will travel from the Netherlands and really hope they will sell Lucky Dip tickets again.

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up
Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:25

Kurt
RG

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up
Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Same smileys with beer
* and they undoubtably will cool smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:32

keefmick

Maybe I did something wrong with the pre-sale in 2017 for the Netherlands, but I couldn’t get to the sector where there were sold No Filter Pit tickets with American Exprees pre-sale. So I would say there is a different.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:33

Hooray for the
GREEN
and
the RED WHITE & BLACK 'n' the BLUES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 19:38 by schillid.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:40

bv
samMuc
jumpingjackflash5
I cannot come to USA but it's great that they convinced Charlie Watts...
I guess it was his wife who told him.. "You're a nightmare go to work !" grinning smiley

Charlie said his wife Shirley were happy with getting him "out of the house" at times. I guess that is the magic formula of being happily married. They have been married for 54 years now.

I do use the same formula myself, as I am away from home 2-3 months every year (I have been married for 43 years, but I am 13 years younger than Charlie...).

Anyway, there is a limit for everything. A month or two being away from home may be ok, while others miss their wife or husband after 24 hours, and have to phone home every 2-3 hours. Still if the "away from home" time is exceeding 2-3 months every year, that part of life will be dominant, and home is really away.

I don't thing most people like to be away from home 50% or more of the time. May be some times, but not every year.

Agree! My significant other is a travel nurse and we live on road constantly and drive from Alaska all across/around the USA, lots of driving, LOTS of motels and it is both wonderful and tiring.. Funny thing is I woke up this morning in a motel in Tupelo, Mississippi (Elvis birthplace) and my first thought was: "If I'm tired of waking up in motels, how must the Stones feel about them!" Guess I have Stones on my mind cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 19:55 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:49

Christiaan
keefmick

Maybe I did something wrong with the pre-sale in 2017 for the Netherlands, but I couldn’t get to the sector where there were sold No Filter Pit tickets with American Exprees pre-sale. So I would say there is a different.

If I recall correctly some shows did not offer pit in the fan presale, other than in platinum package (normal ticket but tripple the price).

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:51

Promoman2
Christiaan
keefmick

If I recall correctly some shows did not offer pit in the fan presale, other than in platinum package (normal ticket but tripple the price).

For London they did offer them in the presales, but you had to go to the premium packages and scroll all the way down. They were shown at the very bottom of the page after all the overpriced packages, so a lot of people didn't even see it.

Date: November 20, 2018 19:54

I just went to stub hub and Stones tix are already for sale per Miami concert starting at $1100 apiece for side stadium seats near stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 19:58 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 20, 2018 19:58

Chris Fountain
I just went to stub hub and Stones tix are already for sale for Miami starting at $1100 apiece for side stadium seats near stage.

It's BS. They are simply front loading tix they don't even have yet and trying to get the suckers who panic to take the bait. They are owned by TM so really it's TM trying to take advantage of people even more than they normally do.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:58

Vivid seats has pit tickets for 2500.00 a piece there crazy.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:05

"There are 40 left at this price" - trying to make you think it is a sell out - WTF? After years and years talking about this subject, this bullshit is still going on. Damn I live in a conservative state with a bulldog AG and this crap still occurs?? It is 2018 for crying outloud! See link below

[www.stubhub.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 20:08 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:09

GAFF
Chris Fountain
I just went to stub hub and Stones tix are already for sale for Miami starting at $1100 apiece for side stadium seats near stage.

It's BS. They are simply front loading tix they don't even have yet and trying to get the suckers who panic to take the bait. They are owned by TM so really it's TM trying to take advantage of people even more than they normally do.

Stubhub is owned by Ebay.

In the case of the Rose Bowl tickets, I am almost certain someone actually has possession of those seats or it would cause the seller a lot of problems if they can't deliver. But seeing so many priced at about $180 has me somewhat confident I can get in for under $100.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:12

Chris Fountain
"There are 40 left at this price" - trying to make you think it is a sell out - WTF? After years and years talking about this subject, this bullshit is still going on. Damn I live in a conservative state with a bulldog AG and this crap still occurs?? It is 2018 for crying outloud! See link below

[www.stubhub.com]

Nah, it's just letting you know there are 40 left at that price.

It should be plastered all over the site and checkout page that they are a secondary site and the seller sets the prices. It's up to the buyer to decide if it's worth it to them.

Like when I was on my way to see Sparks and they let me know there was only 1 left at $19.95 (face was 50-ish) and I bought it.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:16

In the case of the Rose Bowl tickets, I am almost certain someone actually has possession of those seats or it would cause the seller a lot of problems if they can't deliver. But seeing so many priced at about $180 has me somewhat confident I can get in for under $100.

How are these tix getting in the hands of third parties? I'm going to follow earlier advice and stay patient - more wiggle room with stadium tix versus arenas.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 20, 2018 20:16

bv
The Rolling Stones New Orleans Jazz Fest show on May 2 is 99.9% for sure. I guess they just wait for the Jazz Fest to announce it.
Wonderful.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:23

Chris Fountain

How are these tix getting in the hands of third parties? I'm going to follow earlier advice and stay patient - more wiggle room with stadium tix versus arenas.

Well if you see my post in the other thread, I am pretty sure the Stones have a direct link to the broker marketplace. In 2015 when I saw those 8 front row tickets that sold for 4500 each, do you really think someone just pulled those on the ticketing site punching in best 8 and decided to sell them? Bands absolutely scalp their own tickets.

Also as these are mostly active sporting facilities, some parties may have permanent rights to specific seats through the teams.

But then I've also said over and over again in that other thread I have no problem with rampant profiteering because in a way, the people who pay too much subsidize my cheap tickets.

Date: November 20, 2018 20:24

Dan
GAFF
Chris Fountain

Stubhub is owned by Ebay.

Thanks. TM owns TicketsNow. Can't keep this s**t straight.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 20, 2018 20:43

I've never bought LD tickets directly, I've been lucky to meet kind folk from this site who had some on the day to spare, but I would like to go LD all the way this time. These tickets do not go onsale until the general sale is that correct? They are not available on the presale?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home