Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:13

Is pre sale only AmEx or can you use a Visa for The Rolling Stones website pre order?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:33

frtylicks
Is pre sale only AmEx or can you use a Visa for The Rolling Stones website pre order?

Amex presale will be separate from the fan sale.

Posted by: weinerdog ()

Any word on lucky dips? Or are those released well after the general sale?

Posted by: rlj1010 ()

frtylicks

Tickets from the Amex allotment must be purchased using an Amex card.
Tickets from the Rollingstones.com fan allotment (as well as the public onsale, etc), can be purchased using any credit or debit card.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:41

Stonesfan2146
This will be a great tour. I hope they get the new album out before that.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 06:41 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:47

I guess if you wanted VIP packages the presales would be good to ensure you got yours, but otherwise I would wait.

Book everything else, time off work, hotel and flight. Leave the tickets as long as possible.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:48

mab1888
Hairball,

The field in Glendale is retractable and will be outside, therefore opening up the floor seats.

That's where the stage will be as well, those end zone seats are removable.

Thanks mabi888 - yes of course I was joking about the current seating chart showing the football field layout, but a retractable field...that's incredible!

Just found this on wiki:

"The stadium...features the first fully retractable natural grass playing surface built in the United States on top of an AirField Systems drainage system. An opening on one side of the stadium allows the playing field to move to the exterior of the building, allowing the entire natural turf playing surface to be exposed to daylight and also allowing the floor of the stadium to be used for any other purpose (such as seating for concerts or to accommodate motorsports events) without damaging the turf".

And a retractable roof...you learn something everyday!

Looks like a freakin' blimp that mutated into a shiny massive UFO- smiling smiley -look forward to visiting there! thumbs up

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:54

It's a helluva facility Hairball.

The Stones did play there in 2006. It was the first year the stadium was open and it was the first non football event that the stadium had.

Alice Cooper opened for them.

I was there, they were great...smiling smiley

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:55

Thanks for the info about credit card pre sales. I don’t have AmEx and thought I was gonna have to get one. I’m signed up for rollingstones.com pre sale. Thanks

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:14

hot smiley Great news. Did anyone record the interview?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:45

Can you also phone Ticketmaster for tickets.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:47

babyblue
Can you also phone Ticketmaster for tickets.

Yes but it's automated and only operational during the general sale.

Date: November 20, 2018 08:51

I cannot come to USA but it's great that they convinced Charlie Watts to tour again! The radio talk was good. My favourite Keith quote: If Mick can do it, I can do it.”
And the clip on Mick's instagram is great :-)

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:01

Well, Alright!

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:18

How do lucky dips work? I’m unfamiliar with the process but would like to get a pair for a Christmas gift. Is it possible to get 2 sets?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:41

Hearing face value ticket prices range from 50-500.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:44

The Rolling Stones New Orleans Jazz Fest show on May 2 is 99.9% for sure. I guess they just wait for the Jazz Fest to announce it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:01

Any Canadians going to Seattle show?

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:09

While I won' t attend a show on this leg of the tour, I'm allready very excited to see them getting back on stage. I'm happy for all my American friends who will enjoy this fantastic show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 10:09 by samMuc.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:29

The sad part of the whole affair is having to make a commitment to the show a month before Christmas. For Americans, the holiday season from Thanksgiving (this Thursday) Black Friday (next day shopping), Christmas and New Years is a huge expense on its own. Many people are in debt by January. Now the Stones squeeze in and pry more funds from the concertgoers just as the holiday spending spree begins. Actually the timing is terrible. Especially with the first show almost a half year away. Too bad they couldn't announce this in January or February.

That being said, if I were to choose one show outside of where I live it would be without a doubt the New Orleans Jazz Fest. I been to the festival a few times and it is a fantastic weekend of music. Weather permitting. One day I was there it rained four inches in a couple hours. The jazz fest ticket for each day gets you access to every stage at the venue, usually a dozen of them, with top shelf acts. Not only do you get to see the Stones but every act on the list for the day, and the great food. Depending on the schedule, you just might get to see full sets of headliners all day. We haven't even talked about Bourbon St. yet.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:46

bluediamond
How do lucky dips work? I’m unfamiliar with the process but would like to get a pair for a Christmas gift. Is it possible to get 2 sets?

The whole point of Lucky Dip tickets is the fact that you buy these two tickets as a pair, for youself and a friend. They are not to be transfered or sold or given away, it is for yourself and another person, to avoid ticket trading (brokers and scalpers). Please see this thread, as found in the "Forum links of interest" section of IORR:

Lucky Dips tickets 2018

You pick up an envelope with two tickets in the afternoon on show day, at a ticket counter at/near the venue, and these tickets are at a very low price, the tickets are randomly selected in the venue, they may be nosebleed or they may be at the highest price of them all. Then you walk into the stadium with a smile on your face, if they are great, or you tell yourself they are not great, but they were cheap, if you ended up at the cheaper sections.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 10:49 by bv.

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:55

Will Lucky Dips be available at fan / pre-sale too? Or just w/ official sale? Thanks. Christoph

Date: November 20, 2018 10:59

Lucky Dips are only sold at the general on-sale. They often don't advertise them that much. Look for the red "Lucky Dip" button next to each date on the Stones website.

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: November 20, 2018 11:02

Topi
Lucky Dips are only sold at the general on-sale. They often don't advertise them that much. Look for the red "Lucky Dip" button next to each date on the Stones website.

Thanks Topi! As always :-)

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 20, 2018 11:21

grzegorz67
I’ll be on the move on November 30th at 10am EST, about to catch the Stansted Express en route to Kraków to see Paul McCartney! I’ll be limited to whatever WiFi or Mobile Data I can get at Liverpool Street Station. Hoping for Lucky Dips for the 2 New York shows.

2018 and I have a Beatles/Rolling Stones clash confused smiley

I’ll find a way...

Some strange sounding floor plans emerging. I imagine the 4 big towers of the No Filter Stage will remain, but the stage will be widened and the catwalk modified a bit. Standing GA behind a load of seats sounds a bit poor.

Greg I have sent you a private email. I am travelling from UK and will be trying to LD the shows....I am happy to 'double up' with you if you are travelling alone.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 11:29

The Sicilian
The sad part of the whole affair is having to make a commitment to the show a month before Christmas. For Americans, the holiday season from Thanksgiving (this Thursday) Black Friday (next day shopping), Christmas and New Years is a huge expense on its own. Many people are in debt by January. Now the Stones squeeze in and pry more funds from the concertgoers just as the holiday spending spree begins. Actually the timing is terrible. Especially with the first show almost a half year away. Too bad they couldn't announce this in January or February.

Yes that must be simply dreadful. Such a sad state of affairs. What will I, as an Australian, commit to I wonder?

Rod

Date: November 20, 2018 11:57

I guess their intention was to announce before the spending spree begins, rather than after New Year's when people's credit cards are tapped out.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:33

Some people bitch about the Stones not selling tickets a year ahead of time.
Some people bitch about the Stones selling tickets too close to Christmas.
Some people bitch, bitch, bitch...
If you’re bitching about the ticket sales already then I hope to not see you on tour.

Life is so sweet!
Ladies and Gentlemen...THE ROLLING STONES hot smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:57

Kurt
Some people bitch about the Stones not selling tickets a year ahead of time.
Some people bitch about the Stones selling tickets too close to Christmas.
Some people bitch, bitch, bitch...
If you’re bitching about the ticket sales already then I hope to not see you on tour.

Life is so sweet!
Ladies and Gentlemen...THE ROLLING STONES hot smiley

Good one Kurt
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 12:57 by corriecas.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: November 20, 2018 13:13

jumpingjackflash5
I cannot come to USA but it's great that they convinced Charlie Watts...
I guess it was his wife who told him.. "You're a nightmare go to work !" grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home