Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2012 - 2019: No Stones show in NYC...
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 08:05

Haven't been to Cleveland in 17 years. This map stinks if you're not on the coast.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:49

I would have loved to see the Stones in MSG, which appears to never going to happen. Unfortunately this NA tour is only in big 70K+ capacity stadiums, which most likely means they will play it safe with set lists etc, just as they did this year in London. I am not sure whether travelling to the US for a set list of 17 big hits is worth it, even though I always love visiting the US.

Mathijs

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:03

benstones
7 years in a row that the Rolling Stones are on tour, and still no show in New York City.
Well, They did one show in Brooklyn in 2012, but can we consider Brooklyn (in a brand-new arena) as NYC? I love Brooklyn, but it's not a legendary place for shows like the MSG.

My dream was to see them in the MSG, I'll have to wait... eye rolling smiley

Don't feel bad Vacouver has no show for 12 years.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:47

How do you think the fans in Alaska feel?! confused smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: November 20, 2018 13:20

nick
Until that gap between NJ & Chicago is filled, it's probably wise to stay neutral. Alternate options are: Prudential, Barclay's and MSG are not hosting basketball or hockey in June. Citi Field is available.

Ah i’m Not the only one to have spotted the 2 gaps in the tour then. I predict another CA and NY date to come. Look at what happened during No Filter 2018 with the UK dates 2nd London added, Southampton added. Wasn’t Twickenham added as well after the initial dates.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:18

babyblue
benstones
7 years in a row that the Rolling Stones are on tour, and still no show in New York City.
Well, They did one show in Brooklyn in 2012, but can we consider Brooklyn (in a brand-new arena) as NYC? I love Brooklyn, but it's not a legendary place for shows like the MSG.

Alkmaar .the Netherlands has never had the Stones doing a gig there..
Jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:26

bv
Is there any 80,000 capacity stadium centrally located on Manhattan, which I assume some associate with NYC?

I'd say Yankee Stadium;
which isn't 80,000 maybe but (probaby, I guess) close to it;
and which isn't Manhattan either (it's the Bronx...) but close to it as wel (20 mins. subway ride) -
and it 'mos def' IS NYC!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:38

RoughJusticeOnYa
bv
Is there any 80,000 capacity stadium centrally located on Manhattan, which I assume some associate with NYC?

I'd say Yankee Stadium;
which isn't 80,000 maybe but (probaby, I guess) close to it;
and which isn't Manhattan either (it's the Bronx...) but close to it as wel (20 mins. subway ride) -
and it 'mos def' IS NYC!
Yankee Stadium has a concert capacity of approximately 54,000.

Now Gillette Stadium up in Foxborough, MA...which is NOT in Boston, AT ALL....has a capacity of 66,000.

I find it funny people are whining about having to go to Metlife Stadium, when Foxborough is 40 miles south of Boston and is really in the middle of nowhere.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 20, 2018 16:33

Posted by: ab ()

Date: November 20, 2018 05:27AM

bv

No stadiums in Manhattan, except Baker Field (where Columbia loses football games). Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx, CitiField is in Flushing, Queens, and MetLife Stadium is in scenic East Rutherford, New Jersey, about five miles from the Lincoln Tunnel.

NYC is more than Manhattan.

===========================================

that 5 miles can take 5 hours sometimes!!!

i hold off on buying tix for this one and hope that either:

1) they add a show at a better venue in the NY area; or
2) just wait an pick up a cheap seat as the concert approaches, as there are always some plenty leftover when they play the Meadowlands.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 16:38 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 20, 2018 16:47

The Grateful Dead played Giants stadium every summer from 87-95. NO ONE was ever bitching or saying the Dead were skipping NYC. It's across the Hudson river from Manhattan, sure it's technically NJ but for all intensive purposes NYC is getting two Stones shows this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 16:53 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 16:56

What happened to msg...I thought it was a lock.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:19

SomeTorontoGirl
Dude, they skipped my entire @#$%& country. Suck it up - cross the Hudson.

LOL

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:22

ohmercy61

soemone like Potus said that. Most of us know he is full of Blah blah blah. he certainly is no insider,or someone with knowledge. so ...
Jeroen

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:26

HalfNanker
... hold off on buying tix for this one and hope that either:

1) they add a show at a better venue in the NY area; or
2) just wait an pick up a cheap seat as the concert approaches, as there are always some plenty leftover when they play the Meadowlands.

THIS.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:40

Nasty Habits
nick
Until that gap between NJ & Chicago is filled, it's probably wise to stay neutral. Alternate options are: Prudential, Barclay's and MSG are not hosting basketball or hockey in June. Citi Field is available.

Ah i’m Not the only one to have spotted the 2 gaps in the tour then. I predict another CA and NY date to come. Look at what happened during No Filter 2018 with the UK dates 2nd London added, Southampton added. Wasn’t Twickenham added as well after the initial dates.
Like I said there is 11 off days btwn. Gillette & Soldier field. Are they waiting to see how metlife sales are? Nothing going to surprise me here.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:11

How are they going to handle a 2nd MetLife show? The place holds 80,000 and in old Giants Stadium, they had a sellout the in 2005 with 71,000 and a sellout in 2006 with 47,500. I wonder where they draw the attendance line between maximum profit and as some here would say "the band ensuring the fan has a more positive experience with a decent seat"? What I'm getting at is, do you take a chance adding that show to end up with a total attendance that would have filled the place with just 1 show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:31

nick
How are they going to handle a 2nd MetLife show? The place holds 80,000 and in old Giants Stadium, they had a sellout the in 2005 with 71,000 and a sellout in 2006 with 47,500. I wonder where they draw the attendance line between maximum profit and as some here would say "the band ensuring the fan has a more positive experience with a decent seat"? What I'm getting at is, do you take a chance adding that show to end up with a total attendance that would have filled the place with just 1 show?

London Stadium had back to back shows with attendance at 68k+ despite having a third London show later in the tour with 55k+.

New York can easily match those numbers.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 20, 2018 20:37

corriecas
ohmercy61

soemone like Potus said that. Most of us know he is full of Blah blah blah. he certainly is no insider,or someone with knowledge. so ...
Jeroen

Few of us are insiders. Are you? And we're all full of blah, blah, blah. I only feel sorry for Potus43 who so dearly wanted them to play MSG...

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 20, 2018 20:51

MisterDDDD

London Stadium had back to back shows with attendance at 68k+ despite having a third London show later in the tour with 55k+.

The London attendances you stated are pretty damn solid. Honestly your stats are so strong I'm convinced even more that MetLife can't pull that off. You however travel the world to see them and have a better understanding of these things. I'm thinking one at MetLife and one at Citi Field in Queens.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 21:29

Msg being a lock was just a joke.hope potus43 gets his wish..now to come up with some pit ti kets...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2018 21:36

nick
MisterDDDD

The London attendances you stated are pretty damn solid. Honestly your stats are so strong I'm convinced even more that MetLife can't pull that off. You however travel the world to see them and have a better understanding of these things. I'm thinking one at MetLife and one at Citi Field in Queens.

Taken from here.
[iorr.org]
And here- [en.wikipedia.org]

Not sure how the numbers could be so convincing that they can't repeat in NY, but either way, I'll go wherever they play in the area. Would love to see them in Barclays or MSG again if this is a wish list cool smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:08

nick
MisterDDDD

They aren't playing any baseball stadiums on this tour. And not sure why they'd play shows at two different venues ~15 miles apart?

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:39

Deltics
BluzDude
flairville
People need to get over this NYC issue. It's a pipe dream now not a reality. They've toured every year since 2012 we should all be thankful for that, it's unbelievable really. See you in NJ!

....but potus43 said MSG was a done dealgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

....I guess he meant done as in over with, it ain't gonna happen >grinning smiley<

He actually said it was "locked in" because it was "their home" and that we would all see and that "the apologies will be expected!".

HA HA.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 00:28

babyblue
benstones

Exactly! 2007-2019 No Stones show in Vancouver (unless there is another small fall tour) smiling smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:00

There will be at which time they will play their "home" - MSG!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home