Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2012 - 2019: No Stones show in NYC...
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:18

7 years in a row that the Rolling Stones are on tour, and still no show in New York City.
Well, They did one show in Brooklyn in 2012, but can we consider Brooklyn (in a brand-new arena) as NYC? I love Brooklyn, but it's not a legendary place for shows like the MSG.

My dream was to see them in the MSG, I'll have to wait... eye rolling smiley

Benjamin.

Re: 2012 - 2019: No Stones show in NYC...
Date: November 19, 2018 21:24

sorry pal, dumb post. 1. they played the barclays, which has become the premier spot in nyc. 2nd They play in MSG on 12-12-12

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:25

they're playing 12 miles out of town, buhuhu… sad smileysad smileysad smiley
[www.google.de]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:27

My Dad was born in Brooklyn...he would bust you in the mouth if you said Brooklyn wasn't "really" NYC. winking smiley

Secondly, rightly or wrongly, playing Giants Stadium (or Metlife Stadium as it's garishly called now) is basically playing the NYC area.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:36

keefriff99
My Dad was born in Brooklyn...he would bust you in the mouth if you said Brooklyn wasn't "really" NYC. winking smiley

Secondly, rightly or wrongly, playing Giants Stadium (or Metlife Stadium as it's garishly called now) is basically playing the NYC area.

100% correct. Those tour lithos and T-shirts won't be saying "East Rutherford"!

I live in Manhattan, and this will be the first show since Newark in 2012 where I get to go home and sleep in my own bed after!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:56

keefriff99
... Giants Stadium (or Metlife Stadium as it's garishly called now)

Giants Stadium and MetLife Stadium aren't the same thing.

Both were/are located in the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ.

Giants Stadium was demolished in 2010 (not sure why ?!) shortly after Meadowlands Stadium (now called MetLife Stadium) was built right next to it.

Date: November 19, 2018 22:04

schillid
keefriff99

Giants Stadium was demolished in 2010 (not sure why ?!) shortly after Meadowlands Stadium (now called MetLife Stadium) was built right next to it.
Yeah, I KNOW that...I'm simply saying I hate when a classic sports stadium is re-named after a @#$%& corporation.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 19, 2018 22:07

It's where New Yorkers have to go on Sundays to see the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants play. No big deal.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 19, 2018 22:15

I trust the MSG "done deal" advocates on here are taking note spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 19, 2018 22:30

i have to agree. but in a different way... while the Meadowlands is considered the "NYC area" it is a terrible place to travel to, to see a show. It looks like it'll be my only option, so i'll make the trek for one of the nights, but the traffic getting in/out of the parking lot and the traffic getting in/out of NJ is terrible!

Date: November 19, 2018 22:32

HalfNanker
i have to agree. but in a different way... while the Meadowlands is considered the "NYC area" it is a terrible place to travel to, to see a show. It looks like it'll be my only option, so i'll make the trek for one of the nights, but the traffic getting in/out of the parking lot and the traffic getting in/out of NJ is terrible!
Yeah, it does suck.

I live midway between Boston and NYC, so I think I'll opt for the Foxborough date...plus it's on a Saturday so that's a plus.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 23:18

Beast
I trust the MSG "done deal" advocates on here are taking note spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Naughty, naughty grinning smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 19, 2018 23:42

People need to get over this NYC issue. It's a pipe dream now not a reality. They've toured every year since 2012 we should all be thankful for that, it's unbelievable really. See you in NJ!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 19, 2018 23:59

To be honest,I wouldn't go to NY from London to see The Stones unless they are playing in one of the venues in Manhatten area, which is great.
I guess the last gigs in central NY were at The Beacon Theatre in 2006.

I may be wrong there.

Glad I made the trip to NY in January 2003 to see the Stones at MSG.

Three of us made the trip from London and met some great fans from all over the world still in touch with now.

Had a great time there. thumbs up

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: November 19, 2018 23:59

benstones
Can we consider Brooklyn as NYC?

Did your parents have any children who lived?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:05

Is there any 80,000 capacity stadium centrally located on Manhattan, which I assume some associate with NYC?

Bjornulf

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:17

flairville
People need to get over this NYC issue. It's a pipe dream now not a reality. They've toured every year since 2012 we should all be thankful for that, it's unbelievable really. See you in NJ!

....but potus43 said MSG was a done dealgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

....I guess he meant done as in over with, it ain't gonna happen >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:23

Central Park in Manhattan would be something like playing Hyde Park in London I guess and both beautiful places.

I guess it would be the security issue involved with The Rolling Stones playing Central Park.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:38

Hey there is 11 off days btwn. Gillete and Soldier field. Another day at metlife is rumoured? Maybe too early to tell whats gonna happen? At this point nothing would surprise me.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:43

keefriff99
schillid
keefriff99

Yeah, I KNOW that...I'm simply saying I hate when a classic sports stadium is re-named after a @#$%& corporation.

Glad Soldier Field hasn't changed names yet! Still like to think back to all the old arenas in the NHL that are gone or been replaced: Maple Leaf Gardens, Montreal Forum, Boston Gardens, Philly Spectrum, Detroit Olympia and Joe Louis Arena, Chicago Stadium, etc.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:44

flairville

It’s the same distance to as Twickenham is to Central London yet everyone considers Twickenham to be in London even though it’s in Middlesex and doesn’t have London Post Codes. Hope to make it to NJ too!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 20, 2018 00:51

I’ll be there!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:02

Meadowlands / MetLife Stadium is so close to NYC...
Title of thread is misleading... it should be changed to read:
"No Stones Show At MSG ? " or something

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:04

BluzDude
flairville

....but potus43 said MSG was a done dealgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

....I guess he meant done as in over with, it ain't gonna happen >grinning smiley<

He actually said it was "locked in" because it was "their home" and that we would all see and that "the apologies will be expected!".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:06

Deltics
BluzDude
flairville

He actually said it was "locked in" because it was "their home" and that we would all see and that "the apologies will be expected!".

Pardon mesmileys with beer

Done deal is what he always use to say when he posted under a different name, and those MSG shows didn't happen....I guess I'm living in the pastsmileys with beer

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:43

crawdaddy
To be honest,I wouldn't go to NY from London to see The Stones unless they are playing in one of the venues in Manhatten area, which is great.
I guess the last gigs in central NY were at The Beacon Theatre in 2006.

I may be wrong there.

Glad I made the trip to NY in January 2003 to see the Stones at MSG.

Three of us made the trip from London and met some great fans from all over the world still in touch with now.

Had a great time there. thumbs up

I am pretty sure it was the Stones playing at MSG 12/12/12.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:46

Until that gap between NJ & Chicago is filled, it's probably wise to stay neutral. Alternate options are: Prudential, Barclay's and MSG are not hosting basketball or hockey in June. Citi Field is available.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:27

bv
Is there any 80,000 capacity stadium centrally located on Manhattan, which I assume some associate with NYC?

No stadiums in Manhattan, except Baker Field (where Columbia loses football games). Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx, CitiField is in Flushing, Queens, and MetLife Stadium is in scenic East Rutherford, New Jersey, about five miles from the Lincoln Tunnel.

NYC is more than Manhattan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:17

I Googled New York City and this map came up, it should show it, what NYC is considered within the red lines.

"New York City comprises 5 boroughs sitting where the Hudson River meets the Atlantic Ocean. At its core is Manhattan"...

[www.google.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:33

Dude, they skipped my entire @#$%& country. Suck it up - cross the Hudson.

Thank you. Now I feel better.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home