Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Joyce Smyth @ Royal Albert Hall's 150th birthday committee
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:59

An impressive committee of promoters, agents, managers and label execs is going to curate an entire year of celebration, when London's iconic Royal Albert Hall turns 150 years old in 2021 – or rather "150 years young

~
Agents joining the party include Emma Banks and Mike Greek of CAA, Alex Hardee and Geoff Meall of Coda, Barry and Lucy Dickins of ITB, WME's David Levy, Primary Talent's Peter Elliott, and X-Ray Tourings Ian Huffam.

Rolling Stones manager Joyce Smith, Phil Collins manager Tony Smith, Peter Rudge of Vector Management, Ian McAndrew of Wildlife Management, as well as Harry Magee and Richard Griffiths of Modest Management.

Labels represented on the committee include Decca, Warner Bros and BMG.

~~

"The ambassadors represent the best talent in the music industry and are the perfect team to support the Hall in bringing to life a program that will do down in history."

[www.pollstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 20:06 by Lien.

Re: Joyce Smith @ Royal Albert Hall's 150th birthday committee
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:09

Now we know where the Rolling Stones will finally close out their performing career ... the f***ing ROYAL ALBERT HALL !!!

Now why didn't I think of that ? Duh !

Joyce Smyth ! The woman is genius ... they are lucky to have her !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 18:44 by paulywaul.

Re: Joyce Smyth @ Royal Albert Hall's 150th birthday committee
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:31

Less than impressive that her name's misspelled.

Date: November 19, 2018 18:43

bye bye johnny
Less than impressive that her name's misspelled.

I've corrected it in my post, can't speak for the original post

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:16

It really sounds great to have The Rolling Stones play The Royal Albert Hall.............but 2021 is a long way off.

I would feel a lot happier if it was 2019 unless they truly are a marvel for their age as three of the guys will be approaching 80 years of age in 2021.

Charlie has a very physical job as the drummer, but Mick could cut back on his running and dancing on stage I guess.

On the other hand , if they could still play and perform up to the standard of 2018 everyone will be happy.

Keith and Ronnie would be fine with it in 2021 I reckon.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:59

Who would have thought nearly 50 years on from escaping their much derided record label that a Stones Manager and DECCA reps would be members of the same Committee.
I assume Peter Rudge is the same person as the 1972 tour manager?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:39

I guess Stones are not the most frequent players in RAH - twice?

Clapton +200 and others would be more appropriate to invite

Date: November 19, 2018 20:39

crawdaddy
It really sounds great to have The Rolling Stones play The Royal Albert Hall.............but 2021 is a long way off.

I would feel a lot happier if it was 2019 unless they truly are a marvel for their age as three of the guys will be approaching 80 years of age in 2021.

Charlie has a very physical job as the drummer, but Mick could cut back on his running and dancing on stage I guess.

On the other hand , if they could still play and perform up to the standard of 2018 everyone will be happy.

Keith and Ronnie would be fine with it in 2021 I reckon.

Who gives a monkey's about 2021 ? It's 2022 that's the important date ... a cool 60 effin' years since they kicked off in 1962. If they make it ... WOW WOW WOW !! What an anniversary !?

Charlie would be 81, the Glimmers would be 79, and Ronnie a sprightly 75. Yup ... stay healthy guys, you can make it. See you at the RAH ! thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:44

Weren’t the Stones banned for life after appearing at the Albert Hall in the sixties?

Having said that, I doubt it would be a problem if they wanted to play these days.

Date: November 19, 2018 23:15

Four times at RAH and last and most memorable time was 1966.
Can't see fans at the 2021 gig behaving like this. smiling smiley
Stones at RAH 1966.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 19, 2018 23:18

The famous ARMS concerts (which included Bill and Charlie) were held at the RAH in 1983.
For many people it is still THE venue in the UK.
A bit like the Carnegie in the US perhaps? Not sure.

Date: November 20, 2018 00:15

For me RAH is the place to see a good gig.

Great times seeing The Who, Eric Clapton, Cream......when they got back together again, Elvis Costello, The Proms, Jeff Beck, Bruce Springsteen solo gig and a few more great acts.

I love the small old theatres scattered around London but The O2 and other really large venues I just can't be bothered with.

Hyde Park is O.K. if you can comfortably get to the front of stage area as well. smiling smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 20, 2018 01:19

crawdaddy
For me RAH is the place to see a good gig.

RAH is a special venue. Not least in the ticketing.

Their charter (I suspect it's really owned by The Queen) forbids them for selling gallery tickets until the day of a show. Thus if you turn up early on the day, you can queue and stand a good chance of getting in to the (standing only, very high up, but perfectly OK) gallery.

Two tales.

When the Concert for George was announced a friend in the USA lamented that she'd not be able to get tickets. I mentioned the daily queue thing, and she actually flew to the UK (which totally freaked me in case she failed), queued on the day and got in. (And sent me a lovely memento).

Years ago on an Eric Clapton list I read about someone who had gone to one of Eric's regular shows there, and had enjoyed it hugely, so turned up early the next morning to queue for a ticket for a second night. He was about 8th or so in the queue. Box office opens and all people in front of him have a conversation with the agent, then buy a ticket for the gallery. He gets to the front, and the conversation is apparently about some moderately expensive return/unsold seats that they had to offer (as against the fairly cheap gallery). "What the heck" he thought and stumped up the money for the expensive seat.... which just so happened to be front row centre bang in front of Eric.

(Agree re Joyce Smyth. Seems a very nice person. I've had a couple of pleasant exchanges with her over the years.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 20, 2018 01:38

The gallery is fine and seen two or three gigs from up there.
Great view looking down on the sides nearest the stage.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:57

jlowe
Who would have thought nearly 50 years on from escaping their much derided record label that a Stones Manager and DECCA reps would be members of the same Committee.
I assume Peter Rudge is the same person as the 1972 tour manager?

It is. Pete was managing Ray Davies about a dozen years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home