Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: No Filter 2019 Tour Posters
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 4, 2019 04:25

Hairball
Chicago 2 on the other hand is cool and sharp with a badass guitar and skyskrapers, and with the bold print no mistaking where it's from - definitley the best so far imo.

If you look closely at the Chicago #2 poster you'll notice the "skyscraper" on the left is actually a harmonica and the skyscrapers on the right are guitar fretboards.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2019 04:59

TornAndFried
Hairball
Chicago 2 on the other hand is cool and sharp with a badass guitar and skyskrapers, and with the bold print no mistaking where it's from - definitley the best so far imo.

If you look closely at the Chicago #2 poster you'll notice the "skyscraper" on the left is actually a harmonica and the skyscrapers on the right are guitar fretboards.

Wow, well I'll be damned so they are - even more reason why it's the best so far!thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:16

TornAndFried
Hairball

Makes it even more contrived. Bought it, like it, but Hard Rock-ish.. cool smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:40

I don’t get the bad reviews for tonight’s poster, I love its drama, and the way the reflecting pool in the nation’s capital reflects the Stones. Keeping the sky uncluttered just enhances the images below. Too bad I wasn’t at this show so can’t justify buying it, they better have a good one for Houston!

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:04

Aquamarine
I don’t get the bad reviews for tonight’s poster, I love its drama, and the way the reflecting pool in the nation’s capital reflects the Stones. Keeping the sky uncluttered just enhances the images below. Too bad I wasn’t at this show so can’t justify buying it, they better have a good one for Houston!

I get it only because I get that they love to complain more than else in life.
They have complained about every poster so far, and they will complain about all of the rest.

This poster is fine. It is art. It is clean, it is different, it is cool, it is Washington D.C.
I especially like The subliminal Rorschach Tests scattered at the bottom.

I will buy this poster on April 23rd 2021 when it goes on sale at the store for $25.00

Date: July 4, 2019 06:05

Lol....eye rolling smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 06:12

I will buy this one just like I have been buying multiple copies of the best posters from the Zipper and South America tour, which they also complained about. But complaining seems to make them happy, so... it is what it is.

Lots of 25 buck posters on sale here>>>> https://
therollingstonesshop.com/collections/last-chance?page=3

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:14

Still like the Raleigh 2015 one.

Date: July 4, 2019 06:15

And don't forget you can also go to eBay and pay $250 for the same litho if you so wish.

Date: July 4, 2019 06:23

TumblinDice76
And don't forget you can also go to eBay and pay $250 for the same litho if you so wish.
Or more if someone really hates money a lot grinning smiley
It sounds funny... But it is true!! hot smiley The arbitrage between the RS store and ebay is ... kind of nuts.

And the sellers clearly, openly state... "Delivery in a long long long time".
And yet, when you look at SOLDS... a lot of people have agreed.

As Gordon said, "A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place"

Date: July 4, 2019 06:47

From Zip Code, still think this is the worst ever (didn't attend this show):

While this might be my favorite which sold out a long time ago on RS.com - opening night Zip Code and I was there:

The Ole tour had some great ones, Desert Trip had at least three (maybe four?) exclusive Stones designs all of which were great, and the last two legs of No Filter had some fantastic ones.
So far this leg of the tour, I'd say two out of four are great (while two are lame) - looking froward to seeing more and hoping for more great ones - especially Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Glendale.
I don't buy any from shows I haven't attended, but have been tempted a couple of times in the past... Arnhem '17 was great, and this one from Paris was great, but don;t recall if it was official or not.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:03

No, not official but maybe the best? The official poster is much different and not inspired by a landmark.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:50

Hairball

Arnhem '17 was great, and this one from Paris was great, but don;t recall if it was official or not.

Not official and altered by rockerparis - but original from José María Campoy - the same Graphics Designer who did the 2019 Chicago #2 Poster, the 2018 Southampton Poster as well as the unofficial 2017 Barcelona Poster.

The official Paris 2017 Poster was btw this one: [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 12:35 by Irix.

Date: July 4, 2019 11:58

[iorr.org]
Well, at least everyone liked the real Paris poster... no complaining about it at all.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:37

swimtothemoon
No, not official but maybe the best? The official poster is much different and not inspired by a landmark.

Love that Paris poster.

Date: July 4, 2019 12:50

Xam

[iorr.org]
Well, at least everyone liked the real Paris poster... no complaining about it at all.

There was: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] - and the others were simply not able to complain because they were speechless .... winking smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 17:23

Irix
Hairball

Arnhem '17 was great, and this one from Paris was great, but don;t recall if it was official or not.

Not official and altered by rockerparis - but original from José María Campoy - the same Graphics Designer who did the 2019 Chicago #2 Poster, the 2018 Southampton Poster as well as the unofficial 2017 Barcelona Poster.

The official Paris 2017 Poster was btw this one: [iorr.org] .

Thanks for all the info Irix, I had a feeling it was unofficial (otherwise I would have purchased it even though wasn't at the show), and as swimtothemoon said above possibly the best.
Hats off to José María Campoy whose a great artist - the official Southampton version is also fantastic, as is the unofficial Barcelona poster!
And underlines the fact that Chicago #2 is the absolute best so far (of the current leg of this tour) - because it was designed by José María Campoy!! smiling smiley
Hope he designs more for this tour! thumbs up

Irix

Xam

[iorr.org]

There was: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] - and the others were simply not able to complain because they were speechless .... winking smiley

All I see are "complaints" lol (in reality just personal opinions of dislike), and one of the funnier comments:

schwonek

This paris poster might be fake news. I dislike it.

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 17:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 7, 2019 16:48

Foxboro Poster, first one I really like this summer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 7, 2019 17:22

That's nice. Maybe they will play Shine a Light?
(I should explain that their Facebook post with the poster says "Shine a Light! See you later at Foxboro")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 17:24 by Green Lady.

Date: July 7, 2019 19:10

Official Poster Foxborough (Boston):

"A lighthouse located on Little Brewster Island in outer Boston Harbor, Massachusetts. The first lighthouse to be built on the site dates back to 1716, and was the first lighthouse to be built in what is now the United States."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

The Poster was designed by Arian Buhler - [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: July 7, 2019 19:22

Oh nice I like it...if I were at this show I would snatch this one up asap!
Still a bit simplistic in the graphic design department, but it works well as there's multiple different shades and sections (sort of cubist) unlike the plain/solid blue sky in the bland DC poster
Not sure how it will look on a t-shirt (maybe great on black), but this litho/poster makes for a nice souvenir. thumbs up

Framed in a natural driftwood and/or dark aged wood, may the good lord shine a light on this one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 19:24 by Hairball.

Date: July 7, 2019 21:21

Irix
Official Poster Foxborough:

"A lighthouse located on Little Brewster Island in outer Boston Harbor, Massachusetts. The first lighthouse to be built on the site dates back to 1716, and was the first lighthouse to be built in what is now the United States."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com]

I do like this.

Every time I go on those links, I don't see the product and even trying on the other links on the stones web site, still don't appear?
This is not a critism, I do really appreciate the info.

Date: July 7, 2019 22:15

odean73

Every time I go on those links, I don't see the product and even trying on the other links on the stones web site, still don't appear?

If you try to access [TheRollingStonesShop.com] from Europe you'll be automatically redirected to [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] .

A US-Proxy or VPN helps to avoid the automatic redirection - [iorr.org] :

Irix

Use a US-Proxy-Server like [KProxy.com] or [Hide.me] . For Payment it's maybe better to use a trustworthy VPN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 23:15 by Irix.

Date: July 7, 2019 22:44

Irix
odean73

If you try to access [TheRollingStonesShop.com] from Europe you'll be automatically redirected to [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] .

A US-Proxy or VPN helps - [iorr.org] .

Thanks, I think it's bravado or something like that.

Date: July 16, 2019 00:10

Official Poster New Orleans 15-Jul-2019:

"Mardi Gras beads have been popularized for their widespread use on Fat Tuesday in New Orleans. Each year, crowds of people line up to snag as many beaded necklaces as their necks can hold. The colors of the beads hold more significance than the act of throwing them. The Purple represents justice, the Green symbolizes faith and the Gold exemplifies power."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Date: July 16, 2019 00:51

Glad to see a poster - nice concept with the use of the beeds I suppose, though seems there could have been something a bit more to the design...or maybe I was expecting something more.
Maybe something a bit jazzier...or maybe an entirely different design based on Jazz...or hurricanes. The black background is a bit glum....might look better on a t-shirt. . Oh well no matter, at least the show is happening.

Edit: Just saw the black t-shirt w/bead design - looks much better imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 00:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2019 01:05

If you count all the beads
and divide by 4 you get 88 which
is the number of keys on a piano …. the foundation of New Orleans music

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2019 01:06

I don't know... that sounds a lot like "the combined age of 276"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2019 01:15

…. you count 'em Nikkei …. it only takes about 50 minutes ….

ROCKMAN

Date: July 16, 2019 01:24

I kind of like it!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home