Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: No Filter 2019 Tour Posters
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 23, 2019 22:59

From Jose Maria Campoy:

So honoured to design the official poster of the @nasa @therollingstones and @robertdowneyjr event last night @RoseBowlStadium Inspired by the eagle and #pasche 70s tours posters. #rollingstonesrock #marsrocks #stonesnofilter #posterdesign #nasa #therollingstones #rosebowl

LARGE version

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2019 23:47

Now we're talking! thumbs up

As I mentioned in the show thread, it's up there with my favorites of the tour, and maybe an absolute favorite of the shows I've attended.
Well designed, well rendered, mysterious, the amazing eagle space craft, both dark and light, and very Stonesy with the tongue implanted on Mars!

And since posting in the other thread just a few minutes ago, it has become my absolute favorite...for now anyways.
Will look nice next to Chicago #2 and Santa Clara, and I anticipate (or hope anyways) the Glendale design will be a winner also.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 23, 2019 23:58

Ordered this litho despite not attending the show, rationalizing that it really isn't a regular "event" poster for the gig (that was the rose tongue) but more an event poster commemorating the "event" that happened on Mars, which really no one besides maybe bv actually attended winking smiley

Great litho, too cool not to have. Got it coming now along with the non-dated stones black nasa shirt cool smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 24, 2019 01:28

That Nasa design by Jose Maria Campoy is just stunning! This is my #1 followed by his Chicago guitar. Third is the Philly Cheesesteak design by IORR's Nasty Habits - creative & hilarious!

I have an inkling that Campoy's unofficial Paris Gargoyle poster, which so many (incl. me) thought was miles above most of the official offerings, landed him this legit gig w/ Bravado. I looked at his Instagram page and found no Stones designs before the Gargoyle but now he's heavily featured (w/ good reason). The fact that he declined requests for copies of the Gargoyle probably also stood him in good stead w/ Stones Inc. Go Jose!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 24, 2019 09:09

That's a cool poster above. Wish they were all on that level. I pre-ordered it. Cheers to the artist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-24 09:16 by frankotero.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 24, 2019 11:55

Plink

I have an inkling that Campoy's unofficial Paris Gargoyle poster, which so many (incl. me) thought was miles above most of the official offerings, landed him this legit gig w/ Bravado. I looked at his Instagram page and found no Stones designs before the Gargoyle but now he's heavily featured (w/ good reason).

He made the unofficial 2017 Barcelona Poster before the unofficial Paris Gargoyle.

Date: August 24, 2019 19:18

^^^
Thanks for the info, Irix thumbs up

I remember seeing that one in a thread here, but didn't take much notice because I wasn't too keen on it. He's been knocking it out of the park since, though. I also think Arian Buhler is very talented (Perth Black Swan is amazing!) but checked his social media & haven't seen any evidence that he's been designing for the Stones lately. Do you happen to know if any of the U.S. No filter designs are his?

Date: August 24, 2019 20:05

Plink

I also think Arian Buhler is very talented (Perth Black Swan is amazing!) but checked his social media & haven't seen any evidence that he's been designing for the Stones lately. Do you happen to know if any of the U.S. No filter designs are his?

Yes - he did the Foxborough (Boston) Lighthouse-Poster. I gave him already the credits - [iorr.org] . On his [www.Instagram.com] you can see that he did a whole lot more Stones-Posters from 2014-2019.

Date: August 24, 2019 21:18

Thank You, Irix.
Must have missed that page. Last time I checked his Insta, his most recent Stones design was from 2017. His work is so creative and diverse. Glad he's back and hope to see more for the NEXT tour smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2019 22:50

Irix
TooTight

Anyone do any VIP packages and get the VIP lithos?

From [www.eBay.com] :

Large version

From [www.eBay.com] :

Large version

Large version

Large version

Large version

Large version

From [www.eBay.com] :

Large version

From [www.eBay.com] :

Just ordered this off e-bay (different seller)
Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to these!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-24 22:52 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 26, 2019 19:05

Official Poster Glendale (AZ), State Farm Stadium (University of Phoenix Stadium), 26-Aug-2019:

"Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon popularized by its energetic colors and naturally appealing shapes."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 19:35 by Irix.

Date: August 26, 2019 20:50

Not bad, but not great - too much emphasis on the tongue itself which is cramped within the borders.
Color is a bit too artifically loud for my liking...looks better on black t-shirt, but probably going to pass on this one altogether.

Favorites of the shows I've been to and that I've purchased:
Chicago #2 litho and t-shirt.
Santa Clara litho.
Rose Bowl Mars litho which is probably my absolute favorite of them all including shows I haven't attended - might even buy the t-shirt eventually.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 26, 2019 21:01

These posters used to look like the designers were proud of what they did. Most of the recent ones are embarrassing. This last one, ridiculous.

Date: August 26, 2019 21:10

Nikkei

These posters used to look like the designers were proud of what they did.

Alternative Poster for Phoenix (designed by José María Campoy), used in the VIP-Package: [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] :

Design by José María Campoy - [Twitter.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large version

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 21:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 26, 2019 21:12

Yep, the snake would have been great. Restricting better artwork to VIP customers is... typical Stones

Date: August 26, 2019 21:21

Irix
Nikkei

These posters used to look like the designers were proud of what they did.

Alternative Poster for Phoenix (designed by José María Campoy), used in the VIP-Package: [iorr.org] .

Ahhh dammit that's nice, and I would have bought both litho and t-shirt for this wicked one!
Instead we get the loud bright warped tongue? WTF!

Design by José María Campoy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 21:55 by Hairball.

Date: August 26, 2019 21:24

@Irix - the Large version link you posted isn't appearing for me for some reason...can you repost link please? Thanks. thumbs up

EDIT: Looks like the twitter image has been removed, maybe the same happened with the large version?
Still on instagram though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 21:32 by Hairball.

Date: August 26, 2019 21:45

Hairball

Looks like the twitter image has been removed, maybe the same happened with the large version?

Looks like José María Campoy has just updated his Tweet: [Twitter.com] - I'll update the Poster-Links.

Date: August 26, 2019 21:53

Thank you Irix, thumbs up

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 29, 2019 01:12

Any chance to Get a good scan image From Pasadena Vip Litho?

It's the STONES as Hollywood sign.

Date: August 30, 2019 11:05

Official Poster Miami (FL), Hard Rock Stadium, 30-Aug-2019:

"This design celebrates the relevance of Swim Week Miami, while subtly pulling inspiration from the city’s art deco architecture."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

The Poster was designed by Arian Buhler - [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 21:25 by Irix.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2019 11:14

Miami is a good poster. Happy since its my home town. Wish I was there for the gig.

Date: September 3, 2019 20:00

Not sure when they added this, and I think I've seen design before (maybe a promo ad?), but listed as new, and now available as both litho and t-shirt.

Date: September 3, 2019 20:35

Hairball

Not sure when they added this, and I think I've seen design before (maybe a promo ad?), but listed as new, and now available as both litho and t-shirt.

It was already available as T-Shirt at the Merch-Booths - [iorr.org] .

[iorr.org]

Date: September 3, 2019 20:57

Ah OK thanks Irix - that's where I must have seen it.
A bit busy looking on the t-shirt, but I do like the litho!thumbs up
If possible, maybe you can post a large version of litho as you've done with previous designs? smiling smiley

Date: September 3, 2019 21:11

Considered the shirt version of this a couple times... like it, but would work better on the back of a shirt imo.
May still revisit it when it hits the sale bin cool smiley

Litho works nicely, though. Thanks for the heads up Hairball.

Date: September 3, 2019 21:30

Hairball

If possible, maybe you can post a large version of litho as you've done with previous designs?

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] -- Design by Matt McCormick (Los Angeles).

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: September 3, 2019 23:20

It would be nice to see the complete collection if VIP lithos. The alternates are miles ahead of the standard ones.

Date: September 4, 2019 02:53

PalaisRoyale
It would be nice to see the complete collection if VIP lithos. The alternates are miles ahead of the standard ones.

Agree.
Going to try to collect the different ones from the shows I attended.

Rough start though, ordered (off E-bay) what I thought was going to be the package that included the NJ print and received one with the Foxboro print. Trying to rectify now (not looking good, didn't read fine print which stated prints may be different from ones shown) confused smiley

On the bright side, very impressed with the quality of all the items.
Nicely packaged, etc. Anyone needing Foxboro, I have a deal on one cool smiley

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 4, 2019 03:27

That happened to me one time and eBay told me "The description needs to match the pictures and the pictures need to match the description".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-04 03:28 by nick.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home