Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: No Filter 2019 Tour Posters
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 20:33

I like this one.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 23:57

Butt ugly

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 12:50

Three posters in and all three have been better than anything that was produced for the 2017/18 European shows.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 30, 2019 13:27

That Canadian on is just plain terrible. Absolutely no imagination, looks like the laziest corporate logo for a stationery supplier or somesuch.

Come on Stones - offer it up as a competition to some young/fresh artists!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:18

Matt1984
Three posters in and all three have been better than anything that was produced for the 2017/18 European shows.

huh? have you really seen the 2017/18 posters? (okay, those for London were rubbish, but most of the other were quite nice)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:02

Nearly all the event lithos have a theme that ties in with the area, history, local art etc., as we know. Nearly certain this one must as well, but .. what?
Anyone?? cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:03

Very boring poster for Canada.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:10

MisterDDDD

Nearly all the event lithos have a theme that ties in with the area, history, local art etc., as we know. Nearly certain this one must as well, but .. what?

"The maple leaf is the characteristic leaf of the maple tree, and is the most widely recognized national symbol of Canada." - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:11

"From the 2019 No Filter North American tour show on June 29th, 2019 in Oro -Medonte, Ontario, Canada. The maple leaf is the characteristic leaf of the maple tree, and is the most widely recognized national symbol of Canada."

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: June 30, 2019 17:21

The maple leaf is obvious, but maybe they could have added something to do with Oro-Medonte and/or surrounding area...maybe something wilderness oriented as it is a beautiful area.
As it is, a very generic choice and very sterile looking as if some city slicker slapped it together on his computer in a couple of minutes.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:32

I just want a baseball cap that is loose fitting with medium crown height with the following emblem:

Black Baseball Cap

STONES (with little Tongue here)

Lettering would be in White , of course. It doesn't need to say No Filter or Tour

Date: June 30, 2019 17:38

Maple leaf was obvious, but thought the lines or something else in the piece would be relevant to the area..
Swing and a miss on this one imo..

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:42

Actually the tongue would side the "2019" lettering. I like simple artwork - The best artwork goes to the VooDoo Lounge Tour Merch.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 2, 2019 22:45

Any posters for Landover or Foxborough yet? They are both in the burbs, could be interesting.....

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 23:46

They haven't been showing them until the morning of the show on this tour. Should be early tomorrow morning. A lot of options for both the DC area and Boston area!
Anyone else feel like they are using different artists for these? So far 2 have been very bland with one a bit more creative.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 3, 2019 05:26

Definitely seems like different people. Go back to whoever was doing the four 14 on fire Europe tour.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 3, 2019 08:23

bye bye johnny
"From the 2019 No Filter North American tour show on June 29th, 2019 in Oro -Medonte, Ontario, Canada. The maple leaf is the characteristic leaf of the maple tree, and is the most widely recognized national symbol of Canada."

I thought our most widely recognized national symbol was the beaver! smiling smiley

Date: July 3, 2019 16:46

Official Poster Washington D.C. :

"The Washington Monument is an obelisk on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., built to commemorate George Washington."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 19:15 by Irix.

Date: July 3, 2019 17:41

Hmm...not really to my liking with this one...looks like a computer generated graphic. Seems alot of open blue sky/wasted space - could have filled it with a couple tongue-shaped clouds. Or maybe put a bunch of tongues all over the monument itself. And the foreground is bland - could have used that sky blue for the lettering to make it pop a bit. I could go on and on...can't imagine the t-shirt w/same design will be any better.
No matter, I bet the show itself will be GREAT!!!thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2019 19:28

From the 2019 No Filter North American tour show on July 3, 2019 in Washington D.C. The Washington Monument is an obelisk on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., built to commemorate George Washington.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 3, 2019 19:44

DC gets another boring show poster like Toronto and Chicago #1. It looks like some hack graphic "artist" did this on his computer. Can't they come up with something more creative than this? I wouldn't want it for free let alone pay for this. #stonesmerchsucks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 20:16 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 3, 2019 19:59

Still beats Chicago 1.

Date: July 3, 2019 20:17

TumblinDice76
Still beats Chicago 1.

Duly noted. How much do they charge for these fugly posters?

Date: July 3, 2019 20:26

I'd vote the Chicago 1 event tee (or litho) the best of the lot so far, followed closely by Chicago 2. Chicago 2 is perhaps a cooler image but also seems a bit too contrived.. not based on a real thing, etc.
DC would currently come in third and Burl's Creek last where it may stay unfortunately..

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 3, 2019 20:51

You guys/gals are a tough crowd. I really like Chicago 2 and tonight's for DC. I think they are both clever, Chicago 2 for the blues influence and tonight's DC for use of the reflecting pond. I guess to each their own. Carry on with the complaints.

Date: July 3, 2019 20:59

$50 for the Lithos.
Chicago 1 looks like a Bedazzled Stones logo. I know it's the Chicago Theater lights but hanging up you can't tell that at all.

Date: July 3, 2019 21:00

That tongue guitar from the Chicago 2 poster would actually look nice in reality. The only change I would make is to ditch the chrome plate and incorporate the selector switch and knobs directly into the white plastic pickguard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 21:01 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 3, 2019 21:25

TornAndFried

That tongue guitar from the Chicago 2 poster would actually look nice in reality. The only change I would make is to ditch the chrome plate and incorporate the selector switch and knobs directly into the white plastic pickguard.

Yep - and left aside one string: it would be more Stones-like .... smiling smiley

Fender Modern Player Short Scale Telecaster - [www.musicradar.com]

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: July 3, 2019 22:11

I really like the concept of the DC poster, but agree that the execution is lacking. Chicago 2 is still my favorite.

Date: July 4, 2019 02:29

TumblinDice76
$50 for the Lithos.
Chicago 1 looks like a Bedazzled Stones logo. I know it's the Chicago Theater lights but hanging up you can't tell that at all.

Agree about Chicago I - I do like it, but it looks a bit circus/clown-like as if it's an entry to a fun house, and without reading it was based on the Chicago Theater I wouldn't have a clue.
Chicago 2 on the other hand is cool and sharp with a badass guitar and skyskrapers, and with the bold print no mistaking where it's from - definitley the best so far imo.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home