Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

columbus on ebay
Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 3, 2005 06:49

Anyone wanna help me bid exhorbitant amounts of money and bring down a few auctions?

[search.ebay.com]

Drake

Re: columbus on ebay
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 3, 2005 07:01

Yep,

This was inevitable. You can wait for it to show up in CD stores here in Japan. It'll be labelled "Swingin' pig" or "Sister Morphine" or whatever. I think there is nothing much you can do about it. For the cover they'll probably steal great pics people on the forums here made. There's a lot of unpleasant people around in this world. And those guys producing the bootlegs here are certainly not very nice people. But you can proud yourself that you're not like that. We all know it and I'm sure lots of us won't forget it.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 3, 2005 07:37

down at the bottom of this page there's a link for reporting bootlegs:
[pages.ebay.com]
sure, it's a losing battle, but in the words of someone here recently:
"let's bombard them" :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 3, 2005 08:27

I emailed the two sellers who had auctions up of the show. My basic email was:

"You are selling a copy of the Stones in Columbus. Very cool except I never gave you permission to sell it. This is MY recording. I am the taper. I dont rat out fellow boot enthousiasts but I ask that you take this down immediately. You wanna sell other shows thats fine, but I dont take kindly to others profiting of something I gave out freely."

One of them took it down with no gripes. So thats cool. I was honestly expecting a "@#$%& off, i'll sell what i want" email, but instead he was straight about it.

The other dude replied:

"Uhh....I don't think so... I taped this show MYSELF with my Sony DAT, my Deneke Pre-amp and my Nakamichi microphones from my vantage seat on the floor... I also taped Toronto and Hershee PA."

I didnt bid on his auction but I did ask him for a sample of the beginning of Sway. Somehow I doubt he'll let me hear it, but if I hear a "@#$%& yeah" I know its mine... lol

While it might bother me that boot labels/distributors/sellers are makin some money off my work there's simply not much I can do about it. I suppose it happens to every taper out there. I bet it wouldnt have surfaced so quickly if I hadnt allowed it to be put on dimeadozen.org... I'm sure there are some scumbags on the rocksoff torrent site, but nowhere near as many as on dimeadozen.

BTW, I had someone ask me about the sound quality of the recording and what not... To be perfectly honest the mix is pretty decent but it could be better. Everyone who came to the mixing party heard the original recording and it has alot of working room due to how close I was to the PA and how little distortion the mics gave off. So sometime down the line I'll remix it and release it but for now I'm pleased with whats out there.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 3, 2005 11:09

I emailed this 'Polycarpegc' charactor as well, he hasn't replied so far and I doubt if he will. I am astounded by the number of boots available on ebay - flagrant opportunism and audacity, unbelievable that someone would be so indiscreet......

BTW Drake, I really love the banter between you and your pals on the recording. Listening to it through head-phones it feels like you are actually at the concert - brilliant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home