Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ivan Neville on sobriety and the Stones guest spot that wasn't
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 10, 2018 23:39

Balancing music, sobriety: How Ivan Neville, Anders Osborne got sober and now help others

BY KEITH SPERA | Nov 7, 2018

Harold Owens, left, who for the past 20 years has worked with the Grammy organization's MusiCares to help musicians get sober, with Ivan Neville, center, and Anders Osborne, at the Uptown rehab center Imagine Recovery on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Owens assisted both Neville and Osborne in their journeys to sobriety.

[www.theadvocate.com]

Re: Ivan Neville on sobriety and the Stones guest spot that wasn't
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 11, 2018 03:01

Thanks for the link. A...sobering story ! I didn't know Ivan Neville was considered for a larger role within the Stones in 1994, I mean they'd done all the rehearsing without him ? Did Keith have doubts about Ol' Chuck even before he claimed he was the Stone's musical director and got uninvited for the B2B sessions ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2018 08:50

I used to know Rueben Williams. Good dude.

Anders... I saw Anders at Tips, eons ago. He didn't seem to be out of it... but I was used to being with people that were out of it. I never did drugs, would drink quite a few beers, and the people I've been around over the years have done drugs but were, ha ha, normal. More recreational than every day.

Ivan Neville making Keith feel strange... that says something.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 11, 2018 14:09

It's a long and winding road . .

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 12, 2018 20:09

Keith to Neville: "What's wrong with you. Get it together"

You just wonder if anyone said that to Keith...and if so what response they got.

Date: November 12, 2018 20:43

Keith always hated crack..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2018 01:37

Ronnie was known to be a heavy freebase user (a more glamorous term for crackhead)- wonder if Keith ever said anything to him...

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 13, 2018 01:51

Hairball
Ronnie was known to be a heavy freebase user (a more glamorous term for crackhead)- wonder if Keith ever said anything to him...

I believe during the '81 tour Keith almost kicked Ronnie out of the band due to his use of freebase...

Date: November 13, 2018 10:56

erad
Hairball

I believe during the '81 tour Keith almost kicked Ronnie out of the band due to his use of freebase...

I believed that was only a rumour (and it was Mick, not Keith).

However, Keith supposedly pulled a gun on Ronnie, because of his freebasing

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 13, 2018 12:53

yep them the rules
guns for freebasing
the blade for smack

that's just the way it is with outlaws.
there's a code you see
i mean, knowing the ronster so closely, as I do, i'm just sures he
was gonna pass the pipe right over to k, but you know...
that boy is alittle spoiled since that movie star thing...
he walks in front of micks dressing room with his fly open
dramatically reading the box office from HOllywood Reporter,
"Oh did Johnny call me? I need another 3 million dollars for
an afternoon's work in that HIT arggggghhhhh oh hi mick i didn't
see your door open.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 13, 2018 12:56

Great read...thank you for posting.
Sobriety rocks.

Date: November 13, 2018 13:08

I didn't know the extent of Ivan Neville's addiction. I always was convinced when I saw him w/ the Winos that he was on another planet, but then so did Charlie Drayton and Babi look like it.
I know Harold Owens, and he is everything the article says he is.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 4, 2019 01:13

Kurt
Sobriety rocks.

Yes!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2019 01:14

wonderboy
Kurt
Sobriety rocks.

Yes!

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:21

DandelionPowderman
erad
Hairball

I believed that was only a rumour (and it was Mick, not Keith).

However, Keith supposedly pulled a gun on Ronnie, because of his freebasing

I guess it depends on who you choose to believe.

Keith: (W)e're at the Fairmont Hotel, which looks a bit like Buckingham Palace, with an east wing and a west wing. I was in one wing and Ronnie was in the other. And I heard there was a big freebase party going on in Ronnie's room. He was being irresponsible to the max. He had promised me he wouldn't be doing that shit on the road. The red curtain came down. So I went downstairs, marched through the central lobby of the Fairmont. Patti was saying, don't go mad, don't do it.... I got there, he opened the door and I just socked him. You @#$%&, boom. So he fell backwards over the couch and the rest of my punch carried me over on top of him, the couch fell over and we both nearly fell out the window. We scared ourselves to death... After that I don't really remember much. I'd made my point.

Ron: I was missing one day and Keith met my old lady and she was crying, and she had a go about me to Keith. He said, That bastard! He thought I was fooling around with other women because I was missing, and he also thought I'd gone over to these really shady people's place to do drugs. So he got this posse, a search party, and they're all tearing down the corridor and finally found me in a friend's room on another floor. I'd just had an argument with the old lady, and went and sat with this old friend for a few hours. I hear this posse coming down the corridor, Keith walks in and smashes a bottle and comes at me and I did a quick serve on him and elbowed him in the gut (laughs). Then there was a fist in the genitals, and fist in the face, and he nearly went out the window, actually. I was equally livid 'cause they'd got it all wrong! So it was just one of those misunderstandings on the tour where everything gets blown out of proportion for a bit. So he was dragged off and we were yelling obscenities at each other, and then a couple of hours later we were back to normal.

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:37

GasLightStreet

Keith: (W)e're at the Fairmont Hotel, which looks a bit like Buckingham Palace, with an east wing and a west wing.

That's in San Francisco! And that would explain why the 1981 tour shows that took place in that city are so bland and boring! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 21:33 by dcba.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 4, 2019 19:55

Notice Keith is nearly always falling out windows during these punchups!

Date: April 5, 2019 16:19

wonderboy
Notice Keith is nearly always falling out windows during these punchups!
I always have to roll my eyes when they talk about pulling guns on each other. If it weren't so dangerous with two highly intoxicated pampered rock stars fiddling around, trying to determine which end goes up, and what a safety is, it would be funny.

I only recently listened to Ivan's solo album "My ancestors.." - Excellent album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home