Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: New Van Morrison Live 1968 Recording
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 11, 2019 15:40

crholmstrom
Has anyone seen Van play recently? I just scored a ticket to see him in Vegas at the end of the month. He's 1 of the few artists I reall like that I have never seen. I was supposed to see him open for the Stones in Vancouver but the show got rescheduled & Bonnie Raitt ended up opening. He's playing the theater at Caesar's Palace which is an excellent venue. Excited, doing a Vegas run to celebrate the birthday. Has been over a year since I've been down there. They are hurting down there & I got 3 nights at Mandalay Bay for free.

Which night you going?
I'm heading down to Vegas for a few days and am looking at trying to catch the Wed. night show.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 12, 2019 01:20

Very recent clips from 2018 show an amazing, facile, full force gale Van Morrison,
as far as his vocal and interpretive talents, and i like when he plays guitar
or sax quite a bit too...that gent still has his Considerable gifts imo, which
are divine and inspirational for me always....I still listen to my
Them albums. I'm over the tops for Van and The Kinks and The Who as
far as 'invasion era' breaking artists..but The Stones and those stinking
beetles i hate were always clearly the heavy hitters as far as prominence
and impact in the rock and roll world....

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 12, 2019 05:11

Say him in September in Philadelphia when he was part of the Outlaw tour with Willie Nelson. He was supporting Willie & played for a good 1 & 15. Not much chat or any chat with the audience but there never was. A very talented man

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 12, 2019 08:27

teleblaster
Saw him this summer at an open air gig in Glasgow. Also at the same venue two years ago. He was I excellent form vocally and playing a lot of sax. His band is very tight and I thoroughly enjoyed both gigs (have seen him a few times over the years). Expect a more jazzy sound than rock and a mix of material drawn from his back catalogue and more recent albums. Plenty of crowd pleasers all the way back to Gloria and a few more obscure numbers for the purists. His take on some of the "warhorses" - including Moondance and Have I Told You Lately - is much jazzier than the originals, but some are much closer to the original arrangements. He's a world class performer still at the top of his game and I'm sure you'll enjoy the show immensely!

Thank you! I'm excited for the show. & the trip. Been awhile since I've been able to get out of town.

Date: January 12, 2019 08:29

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
Has anyone seen Van play recently? I just scored a ticket to see him in Vegas at the end of the month. He's 1 of the few artists I reall like that I have never seen. I was supposed to see him open for the Stones in Vancouver but the show got rescheduled & Bonnie Raitt ended up opening. He's playing the theater at Caesar's Palace which is an excellent venue. Excited, doing a Vegas run to celebrate the birthday. Has been over a year since I've been down there. They are hurting down there & I got 3 nights at Mandalay Bay for free.

Which night you going?
I'm heading down to Vegas for a few days and am looking at trying to catch the Wed. night show.

I'm flying down early on 1/26 & seeing him that night (Saturday). Sitting front row of the upper balcony.

Date: January 12, 2019 08:31

thanks to all for feedback!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home