Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge In Japan
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 4, 2019 12:22

Wow they haven't been this way for a while to my memory. Maybe because it's aimed at being a Japan only release? Fortunately I have both region capability.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 4, 2019 15:10

Surprised to see that some think the cd sounds amazing. It is better than Miami, but feels the same, Ronnie way louder than Keith, the snare with 0 treble, the audience like they´re under water..this is clearly a job by the same guy that brought us San Jose and Miami.

Nice to have Love is Strong though!

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: April 4, 2019 17:18

dedospegajosos
Surprised to see that some think the cd sounds amazing. It is better than Miami, but feels the same, Ronnie way louder than Keith, the snare with 0 treble, the audience like they´re under water..this is clearly a job by the same guy that brought us San Jose and Miami.

Nice to have Love is Strong though!

It's definitely far from perfect for that's for sure.

I think Miami is easily a contender for the worst mix of all time.
I also didn't like the mix on some of the Stripped set, especially the Paradiso show which had the guitars way too low, and certain things would disappear out of the mix at times.

I think this Tokyo release and San Jose are better than those 2, but they still could've been a hell of a lot better.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:26

Irix
Roscoe

Is the DVD region free?

[www.Amazon.co.jp] says for all 4 DVD-Editions: "Region: Region 2 (This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries."

Same at [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

The only way to tell for sure is to examine the rear of the package and view the printed region code. Product descriptions are often wrong. Amazon USA says the bluray is region 1!!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 4, 2019 19:06

thkbeercan
Irix
Roscoe

Is the DVD region free?

[www.Amazon.co.jp] says for all 4 DVD-Editions: "Region: Region 2 (This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries."

Same at [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

The only way to tell for sure is to examine the rear of the package and view the printed region code. Product descriptions are often wrong. Amazon USA says the bluray is region 1!!

The Amazon USA version I got priced at $67.99 is the Blu-Ray disc only, and is region 1. I am assuming the $122 version is the Blu ray and CDs, but it says only 1 disc.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 4, 2019 19:20

GUys, don´t worry, all Voodoo Lounge in Japan Versions DVD and Bluray are mutiregion/area, plays worldwide!!!

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 19:49

I thought the DVD, not the Blu-Ray is region 2 are you sure?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:05

thkbeercan

Difficult w/o the help of Google Translate ....

Date: April 4, 2019 20:25

artinis1

I thought the DVD, not the Blu-Ray is region 2 are you sure?

Blu-ray is stated: Region A/1 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [en.Wikipedia.org]

DVD is stated: Region 2 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [en.Wikipedia.org]

Date: April 4, 2019 20:53

My Japanese Wife looked at your picture lrix. She cannot see anything about a region code. She did see it's made for the Japanese Market and the number 1 inside the TV type pattern says it has Japanese subtitles. I thought that was the region code myself. Anyhow, looks to me no region code.

Date: April 4, 2019 21:20

frankotero

She did see it's made for the Japanese Market and the number 1 inside the TV type pattern says it has Japanese subtitles.

I've found it out via Online-OCR + Google Translate .... smiling smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 4, 2019 23:17

Easier to remember is the U.S.A. and Japan have the same regio code A for blu ray,

instead of dvd than the U.S.A is regio 1 and Japan has the same regio code as Europe: regio 2

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 6, 2019 07:49

jpc.de says the DVD is "Landercode: ALL"

[www.jpc.de]

So now we've got conflicting info from different sources. confused smiley

Date: April 6, 2019 11:15

Roscoe

Yes, but for the Blu-ray says [www.jpc.de] 'Region A'. On the other hand no Region-info for the BR+2CD. I haven't checked yet the Disc of my Japanese Blu-ray (it's still sealed).

Posted by: mpj105 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 15:44

Hi Indiano,
write me at: vivici@libero.it.
Thank you.
Giuseppe.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: April 6, 2019 16:40

got my bluray today, and it is plays like a region free disc on my system :-)

Date: April 7, 2019 04:54

Irix
Roscoe

Yes, but for the Blu-ray says [www.jpc.de] 'Region A'. On the other hand no Region-info for the BR+2CD. I haven't checked yet the Disc of my Japanese Blu-ray (it's still sealed).

Yes, but I'm interested in a definitive answer for the DVD. I don't have a Blu-ray player.

Date: April 8, 2019 22:46

Roscoe
Irix
Roscoe

Yes, but I'm interested in a definitive answer for the DVD. I don't have a Blu-ray player.

Responding to my own post.....

I e-mailed jpc.de about the DVD. They responded that there is no region code, it is playable all over the world.

Placing my order now. Bye.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 8, 2019 23:07

Having gone to two Voodoo Lounge shows and having watched Miami numerous times over the decades, I must say that this show simply destroys the Miami show. I'd never gotten around to listening to this '95 show. I'm only half way through listening to it, maybe the 2nd half tanks, but so far.....very happy to have bought this. And I think it's been mentioned before, but it's cheaper to go through CD Japan than Amazon on this one, it seems. Even with ridiculous shipping costs, I paid $91 total through CD Japan (BluRay/CD combo edition) and Amazon is $122 or something. Come on.

UPDATE: Alright, sloppy start to "Start Me Up", and Mick sounds like an exotic bird in the intro to "Sympathy", but still, a far better show than Miami.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 17:55 by floodonthepage.

Date: April 10, 2019 20:28

Yahoo, finally got my Bluray/CD package in the mail today. One day before my Birthday. So it's a nice gift. Watched the bluray and loved it. The quality is great for 1995 but my imagination had it closer 1080 HD of todays standard. Anyhow, I guess that was an exaggerated memory, but not too far off?

VoodooLounge in Japan
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 18:58

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, nothing really came up on a search...is this a separate Japan only release than the latest Voodoo Lounge Uncut release?

Re: VoodooLounge in Japan
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 23, 2019 19:07

Eight pages worth here: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: VoodooLounge in Japan
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 19:48

thanks Deltics

Date: July 30, 2019 21:27

it is amazing how much better the quality and mix is on this release, as oppose to the Miami show. This is recorded and mixed as well as the theatre gigs

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: November 11, 2020 15:54

Is the blu ray region a or region free? I've read the thread but some people say it's region a and some say it's region free. I live in Europe and my blu ray player is region b.

Can anyone post a picture of the backside of the blu ray?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 15:55 by IsakSun.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 11, 2020 16:31

IsakSun
Is the blu ray region a or region free? I've read the thread but some people say it's region a and some say it's region free. I live in Europe and my blu ray player is region b.

Can anyone post a picture of the backside of the blu ray?
Here we go

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 24, 2020 18:32

Do we know if the Blu-ray is region free?

(apologies if tis has been posted before)

Date: November 24, 2020 19:00

Valeswood

Do we know if the Blu-ray is region free?

At least there's no specific Region printed on the Cover or on the BR-Label.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 24, 2020 21:36

I'm in Holland and had no problem playing it

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: December 4, 2020 21:35

My blu ray arrived today and it works on my european Playstation 4.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home