Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge In Japan
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 18, 2019 16:42

I'm happy for this release, the VL tour was in my opinion the best tour of the Stones, I saw the second date in Basel and I was impressed. I still have in the eyes and ears the start of Charlie's drums concert on Not Fade Away was really exciting!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:10

Rocky Dijon
Odd it was passed for clearance in Europe if it is a Japanese exclusive. I would suspect it will be released in other markets at a later date in that case.
I am on the same page. Why to apply for FSK rating if the release is for Japan only? Anyway, SHM-CD option will be exclusive for Japan. That is true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 17:10 by ironbelly.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:14

And I think you get a Japanese exclusive post card for what its worth

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:47

Bonus Postcard by Mikio Ariga

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:10

Guitars are not loud in the youtube clip ?!?

Or is it just me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 20:10 by glimmertwin1.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 19, 2019 02:20

ironbelly
Rocky Dijon
Odd it was passed for clearance in Europe if it is a Japanese exclusive. I would suspect it will be released in other markets at a later date in that case.
I am on the same page. Why to apply for FSK rating if the release is for Japan only? Anyway, SHM-CD option will be exclusive for Japan. That is true.

I'm not sure, the other two Japan only releases (Live in Japan and Totally Stripped Paris) were not released world wide on a later date.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-19 02:23 by GJV.

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: January 19, 2019 13:32

If VL in Japan is to be released only in Japan, why did the information about the publishing house appear on the European site (fsk)?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 19, 2019 14:00

GJV
ironbelly
Rocky Dijon

I'm not sure, the other two Japan only releases (Live in Japan and Totally Stripped Paris) were not released world wide on a later date.
If this is Japan only issue I'll wait a couple of years and go for it half priced on jpc or amazon jp winking smiley

Date: January 19, 2019 22:16

ironbelly
GJV
ironbelly
Rocky Dijon

If this is Japan only issue I'll wait a couple of years and go for it half priced on jpc or amazon jp winking smiley

You have to wait pretty long ...

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: January 19, 2019 22:36

Well, if it is just a Japan release only, at least there are really good bootlegs of this MARCH 12, 1995 concert available for the rest of us.

While it is a Japan exclusive, it is available as an import in March 2019 so if you are willing to pay a premium price for it, you can get it via Amazon or directly from Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-24 16:10 by SFTD.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 21, 2019 17:21

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: January 21, 2019 22:22

Same flat and dull mix as the VL Uncut-release. Charlies drums sound like they're in a cardboard box, or rather; they ARE cardboard boxes. Too bad as the Totally Stripped from the same era (tour) is one of the best sounding live-recordings ever released by the Stones.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: January 23, 2019 18:26

JPC lists this:

[www.jpc.de]

Perhaps the rest of the world needs to wait longer.

If this is mixed like Miami i will skip.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 18:46

glimmertwin1
JPC lists this:

[www.jpc.de]

They always sell Japan releases as Imports. That's no sign for an international release

Date: January 23, 2019 19:12

hockenheim95
glimmertwin1
JPC lists this:

[www.jpc.de]

They always sell Japan releases as Imports. That's no sign for an international release

I know - but the normal version are listed mostly at the same time. So we have to wait - I'm not willing to pay the shm premium this time.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 19:36

glimmertwin1
hockenheim95
glimmertwin1
JPC lists this:

[www.jpc.de]

I know - but the normal version are listed mostly at the same time. So we have to wait - I'm not willing to pay the shm premium this time.

I would do ist for a proper audio mix

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 24, 2019 10:30

Testify
I'm happy for this release, the VL tour was in my opinion the best tour of the Stones, I saw the second date in Basel and I was impressed. I still have in the eyes and ears the start of Charlie's drums concert on Not Fade Away was really exciting!

It was certainly one of the coolest show openings of any tour.

Date: January 24, 2019 11:05

audun-eg
Same flat and dull mix as the VL Uncut-release. Charlies drums sound like they're in a cardboard box, or rather; they ARE cardboard boxes. Too bad as the Totally Stripped from the same era (tour) is one of the best sounding live-recordings ever released by the Stones.

Not the same mix at all. On Uncut the guitars went in and out of the soundscape. That isn't the case here.

The drum sound is pretty bad on both, though, but it was bad in concert as well in the mid 90s. So unless they beef them up with digital effects (like they did on The Brussels Affair. Listen to the ending of Happy!) the drums will sound that way.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:25

Anyone knows if the blu-ray version works also in Region B (Europe). It is listed as Region A in cdjapan but is it sure it's only Region A?

Date: January 24, 2019 21:41

DandelionPowderman
audun-eg

Not the same mix at all. On Uncut the guitars went in and out of the soundscape. That isn't the case here.

The drum sound is pretty bad on both, though, but it was bad in concert as well in the mid 90s. So unless they beef them up with digital effects (like they did on The Brussels Affair. Listen to the ending of Happy!) the drums will sound that way.

Perhaps you're right. But I remember the drumsound very clear on the VL Concerts!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 24, 2019 23:32

ironbelly
GJV
ironbelly
Rocky Dijon

The bootleg recording is perfect quality and available for many years...why wait?? And the mix will probably be better on the boot.....I just don't know why The Stones have to *&^%$-up the mix on their live albums....

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 24, 2019 23:46

Charlie's battery sounds like that because he used a different snare drum on that tour.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:29

The bootleg was quite good in terms of audio quality. Here's a comparison:
Official: [www.youtube.com]
Bootleg: [www.youtube.com]
I even think the bootleg sound better, especially the overall balance of the instruments. The guitars are upfront (especially Keith) and the drums are crisper and less muddy. And Mick is not too loud which he is in that official clip. Well they messed it up again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-25 00:30 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 25, 2019 13:26

I bought a laser disc player many years ago just because Voodoo Lounge in Japan was only released on laser disc in Japan.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 25, 2019 16:16

exilestones
I bought a laser disc player many years ago just because Voodoo Lounge in Japan was only released on laser disc in Japan.

Even the package looks amazing! Exilestones - if you have the time, could you all do us a big, big favour and post these Disks in the HotStuff Forum? Would be really appreciated smiling smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: February 8, 2019 18:26

So, has there been a US release confirmation on this? It's not on the US Amazon site. Perhaps a Japan-only release to coincide with Exhibitionism?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 15, 2019 07:12

Start Me Up

It seems that it's sort of promotion video for Stones Professor Mike Koshitani who is dancing at FOS. He was so young.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 15:03 by Toru A.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 18, 2019 19:16

Any news if this will be released worldwide ?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 18, 2019 22:46

Mabru

This is only a Japan market release...

could you buy at amazon.co.jp or cdjapan

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2019 23:45

Mabru

Maybe it'll be released in the rest of the world when the Stones Exhibitionism comes back to Europe.

The Japanese Version is also available at [www.jpc.de] .

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home