Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Ben Waters plus Ronnie Wood at Ronnie Scott's and Tivoli theatre Wimborne
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 15:55

TooTough
Roadster32
Going down
[www.instagram.com]

Why is Jeff Beck throwing away all that great cocaine at the end?eye popping smiley

Making the audience feel high.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 16, 2018 17:18

WOW! What a night that must have been.
That Dailymail article is sad, its all about Johnny Derp.
Thanks for all the vids.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 16, 2018 19:51

Roadster32
TooTough
Roadster32
Going down
[www.instagram.com]

Why is Jeff Beck throwing away all that great cocaine at the end?eye popping smiley

Making the audience feel high.

Hermann, you mast have had a ball! thumbs up
Any chance to get close to Ronnie after the show??

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 22:28

I didn't want to try.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 16, 2018 23:02

It was a privilege to see Ronnie playing in this particular venue with a mean piano player like Ben Waters and the talented Imelda May, never mind the other guests who turned up to add more icing to the cake. Ronnie continues to prove again and again how he loves playing live music and pleasing his audience. We are very lucky that a musician of his calibre is still happy to turn up in small venues, play unannounced guest spots with his mates and so on. Thank you, Ronnie, for all the joy and keep on rockin' yourself and all of us smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 16, 2018 23:04

Excellent, Beast! So glad you were there.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 16, 2018 23:18

Beast
It was a privilege to see Ronnie playing in this particular venue with a mean piano player like Ben Waters and the talented Imelda May, never mind the other guests who turned up to add more icing to the cake. Ronnie continues to prove again and again how he loves playing live music and pleasing his audience. We are very lucky that a musician of his calibre is still happy to turn up in small venues, play unannounced guest spots with his mates and so on. Thank you, Ronnie, for all the joy and keep on rockin' yourself and all of us smileys with beer

How very true! Thank you, Beast.

The man loves to play and will come out to small venues with his talented colleagues who also enjoy that.
I just wish I could catch one of these small shows some day.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2018 00:15

Roadster32
I didn't want to try.

GOOD answer ...... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 17, 2018 01:00

Roadster32
Going down
[www.instagram.com]

Nice, brings to mind this version of Going Down with Keith on guitar and vocals.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 17, 2018 17:43

For anyone who doesn't know, the whole 37 minute last blues set of the night filmed by Klaus, is on Shidoobee FB page

Ronnie is only on the last song I think.

Ben Waters Band and Guests.

Date: November 17, 2018 23:06

Thanks for the link, what a relieve to hear Jeff Beck doing his thing. I bet he hooked up with that female singer. smoking smiley

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: November 17, 2018 23:26

Beck and Imelda may are both married and old friends. Ronnie looked pretty good and played well.

Date: November 17, 2018 23:36

That doesn't mean that much in music winking smiley
A pity Taylor wasn't there btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 23:37 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: November 17, 2018 23:54

Yes ! Jeff and Imelda are old friends and Imelda has been on the same stage as him many times over the years.

One that comes to mind is the tribute to Les Paul at the Iridium in NY a few years back.

Got the feeling she is the fave female vocalist to perform with him.
Ben Waters and Ronnie are fans of Imelda as well.........obviously.

I really love her voice and her style. thumbs up

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 18, 2018 00:19

crawdaddy
Yes ! Jeff and Imelda are old friends and Imelda has been on the same stage as him many times over the years.

One that comes to mind is the tribute to Les Paul at the Iridium in NY a few years back.

Got the feeling she is the fave female vocalist to perform with him.
Ben Waters and Ronnie are fans of Imelda as well.........obviously.

I really love her voice and her style. thumbs up

I've met Imelda May (and Jeff!) and she is very sweet. She unfortunately recently broke up with her husband Darryl. I also met Jeff's wife, Sandra, another wonderful person who is very active in animal rescue.

On another note, how lucky is Johnny Depp to get to play with all these great musicians? I personally think he's mediocre at best but I'm glad he's having a blast considering all the stuff he's been through.

Also, God bless Ronnie Wood!

Date: November 18, 2018 00:51

Jeff and Sandra seem to be a very happy married couple, and I know Imelda and Darryl broke up a couple of years ago.
Nothing to speculate about in my opinion.
Johnny Depp is a good musician...............….but he is not in the same class as any of them on the stage those three nights.
Friends can get you anywhere.........if they want to.
Not a fan of Johnny Depp with his 'I'm a Star' persona he seems to put over.

Different to Ronnie and Jeff........and even Rod Stewart. thumbs up

Date: November 18, 2018 21:23

crawdaddy
Jeff and Sandra seem to be a very happy married couple, and I know Imelda and Darryl broke up a couple of years ago.
Nothing to speculate about in my opinion.
Johnny Depp is a good musician...............….but he is not in the same class as any of them on the stage those three nights.
Friends can get you anywhere.........if they want to.
Not a fan of Johnny Depp with his 'I'm a Star' persona he seems to put over.

Different to Ronnie and Jeff........and even Rod Stewart.
thumbs up

That's funny because i see them as completely the opposite, Johnny's a shy sensitive man who struggles with being a star, and Rod and Ronnie love it, you obviously didn't read the recent Ronnie interview, never heard a man so far up his own arse.
[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:21

....... about Ronnie Wood, today I finally managed to buy his album Not for Beginners. I remember at the time he did not have good reviews, but I could be wrong, to me it's one of Wood's favorite albums. It's a more intimate album, he plays a lot acoustic guitar and also acoustic steel lap guitar. It 'an album that could be on the CH style of Keith R. However, I like it very much! God bless Ronnie Wood!

Date: November 19, 2018 01:05

I don't see Johnny Depp as a shy ,sensitive man but I may be wrong

Ronnie seems a nice guy,as do all The Stones if you get to be a friend of them I guess ,and you are right that Ronnie and Rod love being so well known and all that go's with it

I usually only pass judgement on people if I have actually met them so I could be wrong.
Johnny Depp is still not on my list of people I would like to meet though. smoking smiley

Date: November 19, 2018 01:42

crawdaddy
I don't see Johnny Depp as a shy ,sensitive man but I may be wrong

Ronnie seems a nice guy,as do all The Stones if you get to be a friend of them I guess ,and you are right that Ronnie and Rod love being so well known and all that go's with it

I usually only pass judgement on people if I have actually met them so I could be wrong.
Johnny Depp is still not on my list of people I would like to meet though. smoking smiley

I'm probably biased as i'm a big fan of Johnny and his films, the man has talent, but he does seem to have gone off the rails in recent years.
Obviously i'm a big fan of Ronnie's since he got his act together playing live since 2012, but i wouldn't go out of my way to meet him if i had the chance. He comes across as a narcissist and basically he's full of it, and i don't buy it. Good for him though, he's turned his life around and forged a second chance with wife and twins etc.

I don't believe it's impossible to pass judgement on someone because you don't come in to physical contact with them, i believe i know what Nelson Mandela was about as a human being, and i got a rough idea what Charles Manson represented. winking smiley

Date: November 19, 2018 02:23

Yes! You are right.
We do all have opinions of people we haven't met when we read or hear things on any sort of media.
Human nature I guess.
If I ever see Mr Depp walking down the road here in London,I will say hello to him and then tell you if my opinion has changed. winking smiley

Date: November 19, 2018 12:31

crawdaddy
Yes! You are right.
We do all have opinions of people we haven't met when we read or hear things on any sort of media.
Human nature I guess.
If I ever see Mr Depp walking down the road here in London,I will say hello to him and then tell you if my opinion has changed. winking smiley

So you gain more insight into a person from saying hello to them walking down the road, than watching hundreds of hours of interview footage, reading their books and interviews, listening to what people close to them have to say including family members and ex lovers etc. That's really interesting.

When someone says hello to me they usually give nothing away, although if someone gives me a limp hand shake i stay clear of them if at all possible spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:20

Regarding Johnny Depp it seems we have some jealous persons here.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:55

Good to see them youngsters pay tribute to the old master.

Did anyone happen to film 'You Never Can Tell'?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 19, 2018 18:32

Testify
....... about Ronnie Wood, today I finally managed to buy his album Not for Beginners. I remember at the time he did not have good reviews, but I could be wrong, to me it's one of Wood's favorite albums. It's a more intimate album, he plays a lot acoustic guitar and also acoustic steel lap guitar. It 'an album that could be on the CH style of Keith R. However, I like it very much! God bless Ronnie Wood!

well as far as Ronnie's solo albums..

there are others you may enjoy, starting with his first one, 'I've Got My Own Album To Do'..

and dont miss the New Barbarians.. live stuff is available..

Date: November 19, 2018 18:38

Couple of youtube videos taken from the balcony at Wimborne.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 19, 2018 22:22

e
Testify

well as far as Ronnie's solo albums..

there are others you may enjoy, starting with his first one, 'I've Got My Own Album To Do'..

and dont miss the New Barbarians.. live stuff is available..

Yes Not For Beginners is a good record - I always loved the 4 instrumentals on the record especially the opening instrumental on Wayside, Hypershine,Interfere and King of Kings with Dylan. RU behaving yourself is awesome and Leaving Here has the Not Fade Away groove.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 6, 2019 17:55

Little Queenie

From the Wimborne gig

[youtu.be]

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home