Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Ben Waters plus Ronnie Wood at Ronnie Scott's and Tivoli theatre Wimborne 2018
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:25

Tickets have just gone on sale for Ben Waters plus Ronnie Wood at Ronnie Scott's, London, next week, Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th November. Going to be a few very special additional musicians for both nights!!! Tickets are currently only available to members but there is going to be a raffle for those who don't manage to get a ticket.
[www.ronniescotts.co.uk]
Best of luck !

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-06 18:24 by bv.

Re: Ben Waters plus Ronnie Wood at Ronnie Scott's
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:27

Just got mine. if rumours of recording session in Paris are true, could be a few other well known faces there...

Date: November 5, 2018 18:30

Absolutely, I've been sworn to secrecy on that ! Going both nights so see you there..... we've got priority seating as it wasn't much more than standard.

Wooohooooo Woooohoooo !

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:36

I went for standard - its such a small place, and saving for next year in the US!

Date: November 5, 2018 18:48

No Mick Taylor present?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 19:01

Just called Ronnie Scott’s box office and the bloke told me that a.) tickets are members only b.) no tickets are being set aside for public sale and c.) they are expecting members to snap up all the tickets.

He knew nothing about a raffle??

Date: November 5, 2018 19:15

Going on the 15th, should be a mighty fine tribute to Chuck Berry......

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 5, 2018 20:08

Manofwealthandtaste
Going on the 15th, should be a mighty fine tribute to Chuck Berry......

Blimey...can we expect Mr Richards to do Run Rudolph Run perhaps?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 5, 2018 20:22

Ronnie Scott’s website saying sold out.

I will be in Soho on the Thursday so maybe be able to score one then.

Nate

Date: November 5, 2018 21:11

Rollin92
Just called Ronnie Scott’s box office and the bloke told me that a.) tickets are members only b.) no tickets are being set aside for public sale and c.) they are expecting members to snap up all the tickets.

If you go on the website for the gig there is a link for people to leave their email address to be put in a draw for the last remaining tickets.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 6, 2018 00:17

Great info Chris.

Really nice venue and going to be a great night , but saw the price of the tix and thought …………………………………………that's pretty high.

No objections if some of the dosh went to charity and Ben Waters band, but being honest, Ronnie and maybe some of the special guests don't need a big payday from the gigs.

I maybe completely wrong in that way of thinking about this gig, but it's definitely gonna be a great night for everyone at Ronnie Scotts on November 14th and 15th.

Ronnie is already starting to get warmed up now for The Stones tour during 2019.

Hopefully a few more gigs for Ronnie before North America 2019. smileys with beer

Date: November 6, 2018 00:24

Nice to hear from you Tony. Believe me, it isn't a big payday for anyone when you see the final line up, and the number of musicians.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 6, 2018 00:36

Darryl Jones and guests also playing at Ronnie Scott’s - it’s a take over !

Date: November 6, 2018 00:50

For anyone who hasn't managed to get a ticket for Ronnie Scott's, the rehearsal show is being held at the Tivoli theatre, Wimborne, Dorset, on the Tuesday, 13th November. Tickets have not yet gone on sale, and they will be a lot cheaper than for the Ronnie Scott's shows. Ben, Imelda May and Ronnie will be there. See you there !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 6, 2018 00:55

chriseganstar
Nice to hear from you Tony. Believe me, it isn't a big payday for anyone when you see the final line up, and the number of musicians.

Yes Chris! It's definitely gonna be great gigs on both nights .

Looking forward to seeing the reviews and maybe pics and videos if we are lucky.

Have a really great time. thumbs up

Date: November 6, 2018 01:32

TheflyingDutchman
No Mick Taylor present?
I kinda hope he shows up and plays a bit since its been a couple years since he's been on stage

Re: Ben Waters plus Ronnie Wood at Ronnie Scott's and Tivoli theatre Wimborne
Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: November 6, 2018 05:15

Charlie Musselwhite has been touring with Ben Watters lately. Would be cool if he joined in with the the band, an exceptional harp player.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 6, 2018 08:53

Bill Wyman hopefully

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 6, 2018 10:16

chriseganstar
Rollin92

If you go on the website for the gig there is a link for people to leave their email address to be put in a draw for the last remaining tickets.

I could find no sign of any such link on the website this morning - has it been removed ?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 6, 2018 16:34

johnnythunders
chriseganstar
Rollin92

I could find no sign of any such link on the website this morning - has it been removed ?

Hopefully NOT!

If it's happening, STREAM it, puleeeze! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 6, 2018 20:41

Jeezz.wish i could go.
Will be a great gig.
Jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 6, 2018 20:56

waterrats
johnnythunders
chriseganstar
Rollin92

Hopefully NOT!

If it's happening, STREAM it, puleeeze! smiling bouncing smiley

Some concerts are livestreamed on their FB page and on their YouTube account. Let's hope that at least one of those two concerts might be streamed.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 6, 2018 21:11

[www.tivoliwimborne.co.uk]

ON SALE ONLINE TUESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 6.30PM
GENERAL ON SALE WEDNESDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 10AM

Ben Waters presents A Night Of Chuck Berry with very special guest THE LEGENDARY RONNIE WOOD and Friends.

This show is a tribute to the great Chuck Berry -see it here before its two night SOLD OUT residency at the world famous Ronnie Scott’s Club in London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-06 21:12 by Lien.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 6, 2018 21:50

Still tix for Tivoli available.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 6, 2018 21:56

Wish i had known about 3 weeks ago.then i could have arranged plane n hotel n a deal with my wife.oh well..
More luck in 2021 i hope.
Jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 6, 2018 21:59

Lien
[www.tivoliwimborne.co.uk]

ON SALE ONLINE TUESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 6.30PM
GENERAL ON SALE WEDNESDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 10AM

Ben Waters presents A Night Of Chuck Berry with very special guest THE LEGENDARY RONNIE WOOD and Friends.

This show is a tribute to the great Chuck Berry -see it here before its two night SOLD OUT residency at the world famous Ronnie Scott’s Club in London.

Thank you for the link, I'm in ........ thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 6, 2018 22:38

Still lots of tickets for Tivoli...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:56

I’m near Swindon and could feasibly make it but it’s a long yucky 90 mile drive in the dark on a November Tuesday night. Hopefully someone streams this. It looks like a lot of fun. Once again Ronnie is the most accessible Stone for a one off gig. It seems like He’ll happily grab his guitar, jump in his car and go and play anywhere.
I understand he’s very sociable - maybe he’ll spill the beans on the tour. He has plenty of previous for this grinning smiley

Edit - I’ve just noticed that Wimborne’s a very small market town with a population of just 15,000. What a venue for Ronnie! From glamorous Capital Cities All around the World to rural Dorset!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-06 23:11 by grzegorz67.

Date: November 7, 2018 00:13

The Tivoli in Wimborne looks a lovely little theatre in a lovely little Dorset Town.
Every seat in the house gets a decent view ,especially the Stalls, and decent seats still available for about £60.
Have a great time everyone who's going to any of the three gigs with Ben Waters, Ronnie and whoever the guests will be. smileys with beer

Date: November 7, 2018 00:24

grzegorz67
Edit - I’ve just noticed that Wimborne’s a very small market town with a population of just 15,000. What a venue for Ronnie! From glamorous Capital Cities All around the World to rural Dorset!

And it's only 70 miles from West Wittering...grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home