Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick and Chris Jagger, what kind of relationship?
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 1, 2018 11:36

I remember a bit of film where Chris is driving into A Bigger Bang show maybe a day before the gig - during build up - and he has all the right passes and is accompanied by an older blues veteran. They go all the way in to the inner sanctum and Chris is very warmly greeted by Mick (cameras rolling admittedly) and then Mick and Chris and the blues veteran rehearse something for the next day's concert. All seemed very brotherly. Having said all that it's gotta be hard being Mick Jagger's less successful brother!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-01 11:37 by exhpart.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 1, 2018 16:30

exhpart
Having said all that it's gotta be hard being Mick Jagger's less successful brother!

Perhaps if he'd formed an R&B band in the sixties and tried to compete. He didn't. He did a bit of acting. He's found his niche in traditional music with his brother as his patron. I rather suspect he understands he had an extraordinarily successful brother. He's been friends with the entire band from the start (and earlier, in Keith's case). He's seen both sides instead of just the public one from the very beginning. I don't think there's much in the way of rivalry. But yes, as others have pointed out, I can't know that definitively so if one wants to imagine Chris' bitter resentment, they are free to do so. In the early days, he wrote a British Invasion column for one of the teen magazines. He's always done a fair bit on the journalistic side as well. I used to talk to him a bit on FB. He was fairly open to a point. I would have loved to have discussed his experiences with Kenneth Anger with him, but since he didn't truly know me or trust me, he dismissed it as "a bit of rubbish." He's an interesting character with a unique perspective in Stones history.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 1, 2018 18:06

Chris doesn't strike me as competitive or ambitious, he is happy i would say, perhaps happier than his brother with all the money and fame, and probably sleeps sounder at night never having to worry about MeToo movement and such like, being a Stone is a target, was it Ronnie that had to pay off a hair stylist a million pounds or something over harassment. Its not always easy when you are A list celebrity status.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 6, 2018 14:09

keithsman
Chris doesn't strike me as competitive or ambitious, he is happy i would say, perhaps happier than his brother with all the money and fame, and probably sleeps sounder at night never having to worry about MeToo movement and such like, being a Stone is a target, was it Ronnie that had to pay off a hair stylist a million pounds or something over harassment. Its not always easy when you are A list celebrity status.

What's this about a million pound payout?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 6, 2018 16:15

Old news from before Ronnie cleaned up and was busy making himself fodder for tabloids.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 6, 2018 16:47

Rocky Dijon
Old news from before Ronnie cleaned up and was busy making himself fodder for tabloids.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I cannot understand how The Law allows Confidentiality Agreements in cases such as described. One law for the rich I guess.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 6, 2018 19:10

Think about if this had been Jagger.Then all the Jaggerhaters on this forum popped up in a second.Especially the Keithhangarounds

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: November 6, 2018 21:19

SomeTorontoGirl
Chris’s voice is so much like Mick’s speaking voice, and they were waiting for someone (else) named Charlie. Every time he said ‘where’s Charlie’ I nearly fell off my seat. /quote]

I am sure the Charlie meant in this case is Charlie Hart.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2018 04:30

keithsman

Disgusting.

If you call yourself a Mick Jagger fan, you must a helluva hypocrite... If I recall all your contributions here at IORR here I cannot help but thinking what the hell did that Jagger dude ever did for you... did he make you feel uncertain about your sexual identity at the time when you needed to be so hetero for your friends to make sure, or did he screw your wife or what? Or your daughter? According to you, this Jagger dude, I have learned from you, is now having a "writer's block"; he cannot sing but 14 gigs a year, and due to his impotence and dictorship, we are doomed to hear just typical war horses in any given concert (like forcing the poor, unwilling, innocent Keith and Charlie to play along); he tricks his voice in albums like BLUE & LONESOME (aren't your studio-expert son telling this?), and how damn great Keith Richards songs might have sounded like if they'd been sang by some proper singer like Steven Tylor? Every @#$%& damn thread you tried to find something nasty about Mick Jagger. And then you chicken-like try to claim 'I love Mick Jagger yeah yaeh blah blah'.. Oh @#$%& hell. That's not any criticism what you do, that's just blind disrespect if not even hate.

And I did wrote this because I see what you wrote above simply sick - but unfortunately pretty typical for your agenda against Mick Jagger. In dirty gossiping/guessing way you imply that Jagger has done some criminal actions he should be worried about. Like you have been before here by accusing Jagger to be a phedophile. Yes. That's your truth and let you believe it. But please, be a man at least and stop calling yourself any Mick Jagger fan or even a Rolling Stones fan (how can anyone be a Rolling Stones fan and dislike MickJagger?). You are nothing but a Keith Richards fan. There is nothing wrong with that - we can love anyone or anything we please, but please stop for heaven's sake to throw all the sick shit all over Jagger in a Rolling Stones fan site @#$%& all the time. It's simple-minded and disgusting.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 04:48 by Doxa.

Date: November 7, 2018 11:03

harlem shuffle
Think about if this had been Jagger.Then all the Jaggerhaters on this forum popped up in a second.Especially the Keithhangarounds

Do you mean «hanger-ons» or «fans»?

Because I don't think many on this forum get to hang around with neither Mick or Keith smiling smiley

Date: November 7, 2018 11:07

EDIT: I didn't see Riffie's question at first glance.

Rocky Dijon

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Rocky, why did you post this in this thread?

This is despicable behaviour by Ronnie, but what does it have to do with Mick and Chris?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 12:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 7, 2018 13:24

Hangarounds is a word some people use in different places in Norway against some people who look up to their heroes in a strange light.But you can take it the way you want,since you are one of the warmest defender of Keith Richards.

Date: November 7, 2018 13:31

harlem shuffle
Hangarounds is a word some people use in different places in Norway against some people who look up to their heroes in a strange light.But you can take it the way you want,since you are one of the warmest defender of Keith Richards.

Since humour and politeness won't work - read this:

Your one-dimensional and utterly tiring bashing of other posters here is going stale.

And we say «hangarounds» about people who actually hang around someone in Norway, not about fans who don't.

Date: November 7, 2018 13:44

They have a very good relationship. I had a good time with Chris in Brazil last year and he always speaks about "my brother". He sent some messages to Mick when he was in Brazil and Chris met his nephew Lucas in São Paulo.
Mick and Chris are always in contact.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 7, 2018 13:46

Doxa
keithsman

Disgusting.

If you call yourself a Mick Jagger fan, you must a helluva hypocrite... If I recall all your contributions here at IORR here I cannot help but thinking what the hell did that Jagger dude ever did for you... did he make you feel uncertain about your sexual identity at the time when you needed to be so hetero for your friends to make sure, or did he screw your wife or what? Or your daughter? According to you, this Jagger dude, I have learned from you, is now having a "writer's block"; he cannot sing but 14 gigs a year, and due to his impotence and dictorship, we are doomed to hear just typical war horses in any given concert (like forcing the poor, unwilling, innocent Keith and Charlie to play along); he tricks his voice in albums like BLUE & LONESOME (aren't your studio-expert son telling this?), and how damn great Keith Richards songs might have sounded like if they'd been sang by some proper singer like Steven Tylor? Every @#$%& damn thread you tried to find something nasty about Mick Jagger. And then you chicken-like try to claim 'I love Mick Jagger yeah yaeh blah blah'.. Oh @#$%& hell. That's not any criticism what you do, that's just blind disrespect if not even hate.

And I did wrote this because I see what you wrote above simply sick - but unfortunately pretty typical for your agenda against Mick Jagger. In dirty gossiping/guessing way you imply that Jagger has done some criminal actions he should be worried about. Like you have been before here by accusing Jagger to be a phedophile. Yes. That's your truth and let you believe it. But please, be a man at least and stop calling yourself any Mick Jagger fan or even a Rolling Stones fan (how can anyone be a Rolling Stones fan and dislike MickJagger?). You are nothing but a Keith Richards fan. There is nothing wrong with that - we can love anyone or anything we please, but please stop for heaven's sake to throw all the sick shit all over Jagger in a Rolling Stones fan site @#$%& all the time. It's simple-minded and disgusting.

- Doxa

thumbs up

Date: November 7, 2018 13:52

Fair enough,but i,m getting tired of all the negativity about Jagger especially,no matter what theme is up for discussion.All negativity about Stones,is Jagger to blame for.Some posters here just bullshitting Jagger almost everyday,for almost everything.He cant sing,cant write lyrics,should Never been in The Stones.And of course these posters believe every Word their god told them.Mr Richards is the god almighty for these people,and reading some of the post from you,says you alsow are among the biggest fans of Keith,but not particular fans of Jagger.

Date: November 7, 2018 14:21

harlem shuffle
Fair enough,but i,m getting tired of all the negativity about Jagger especially,no matter what theme is up for discussion.All negativity about Stones,is Jagger to blame for.Some posters here just bullshitting Jagger almost everyday,for almost everything.He cant sing,cant write lyrics,should Never been in The Stones.And of course these posters believe every Word their god told them.Mr Richards is the god almighty for these people,and reading some of the post from you,says you alsow are among the biggest fans of Keith,but not particular fans of Jagger.

Well, you better read more, because you're wrong. Please, don't spread downright false information here.

I've been on this board since 1997, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I have written thousands of praisals and positive posts of Mick Jagger, who definitely is my favourite vocalist, front man and songwriter.

Together with Keith he's the main ingredient to the Stones-sound.

However, during the years the Stones got huge, and it's no secret that Mick is in charge, business-wise. Criticising decisions he was instrumental in making has NOTHING to do with criticising Mick, the musician, imo.

The same goes for the record contracts from 1984, and his decision of going solo behind the rest of his band mates backs: It's a decision I'm free to criticise, without tarnishing the legacy of a fabulous musician.

And lastly, if Mick, or Keith, makes bad solo albums/song, we'll discuss them here, whether we find them good or bad. Nothing wrong with that.

Keith gets a lot of critique because of weaker playing in recent years. Mick gets a lot of critique because of some horrible songs. It's well-deserved, if we find the playing or the songs horrible. It's not a campaign. It's not a conspiracy.

If you have some twisted notion about me being part of a conspiracy against Mick Jagger, what can I say? Well, you're wrong. Wrong as can be.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2018 14:43

And they say we can't discuss politics here because it stirs up emotions...

Date: November 7, 2018 14:50

Stoneage

You forgot to use the quote-function, Stoneage.

I, for one, was cool, calm and collected when I made my post - so I'm assuming you're hinting at other posts? winking smiley

It's funny, though, that you - with your «Commander-posts» or other frisky leg kicks - always steer cleer of being labeled a «Jagger-hater». For some reason, I'll get that rap any day of the week. Beats me why that is smiling smiley

Date: November 7, 2018 14:56

Tongue and cheek, maybe? I don't know... (Did I quote someone?)

Date: November 7, 2018 15:02

Don't worry Dandy. You're a good guy. I know that. I didn't read through all the posts here. Just the last one.

Ps. The Jagger-hater thing. Of course I didn't take that seriously. That's the last thing you are, Dandy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 15:07 by Stoneage.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 8, 2018 02:14

GetYerAngie
Doxa
keithsman

Disgusting.

- Doxa

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 05:44

Brothers, I reckon....unless it’s sisters....or, brother and sister. I guess it depends on how they “identify”.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:14

what kind of relationship?
I'm pretty sure they're related.
Possibly from one, or both, of the same parents as Mick.
Cool, huh? A family thing I guess. That last name tipped me off.
I like Chris, what I know of him.
He seems cool. respectful, not resentful of his wildy succesful big bro Mikey.
at least to the press.
back home where it counts.
well, where do you think they got that voodoo doll idea from?
maybe something Mick noticed while going through his draws (not those draws Rockman don't be reading shit into things and taking them to some weird
outback kalidescope of pain, sexism, brutality (both at the
same time if you can 'swing' it,

on some far off legendary continent that possibly only exists in nice
calm pictures of the sea before a massive great white eats another,
thankfully, native of that land
where was I?
oh...
they are brothers.
it's all cool.
post some chris songs kids.
let's chris-out this thread something fine.
pix, songs, quotes, rumors, start one if you ain't heard one.
let's go iorr, work to do...
CHRIS JAGGER WELL ALRIGHT

Date: November 9, 2018 16:16

I'm writing an album of songs for Chris.
wanna hear some of the working titles until i can get a demo off?

Date: November 9, 2018 16:17

well do ya?

Date: November 9, 2018 16:17

support the arts.

editing this in almost ten minutes later;
??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 16:26 by hopkins.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:26

Here they are, together:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 9, 2018 16:28

WOW THATS GREAT DANDY.
very cool; what a gas. good for them; love this.
Chris is really going for it, and Mick sounds super great and relaxed.
very smooth very cool. one of the youtube commenters noted that
being Mick's brother must be the worst gig in the world,
meaning, I guess, he'll forever be over-shadowed by the world's
biggest super-star of possibly all time, as will we all.
but this is so good natured and played with real feeling, good humor,
and dare I say it, a pretty soulful vocal from Chris (imo) and also
it's pure gold here and there when Mick sings harmony w him.
quite genuinely lovely i think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 16:32 by hopkins.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:55

Stoneage

Aah..so Stones talk doesn't stir up emotions then.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home