Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick and Chris Jagger, what kind of relationship?
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 27, 2018 02:05

somehow it seems that chris and mick are not very close. do they see each other at all? i cant remember either of them saying something emotional/heartfelt about each other in interviews. does chris ever go to see the stones? did chris ever mention that it is difficult to be micks brother?
just curious what kind of relation they have...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-31 16:36 by bv.

Re: mick and chris, what kind of relationship?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2018 02:52

Not sure about their personal relationship, but I'm pretty sure Chris admires his older brother.

This is a nice video:

Chris Jagger - The Rolling Stones Photo Shoot

"Chris tells the story of an early 60's photoshoot for Beggars Banquet in Derbyshire"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-27 02:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 27, 2018 08:02

Odd, my impression is they are very close. Chris has a lot of humor where his brother is concerned but it always seems to be affectionate.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 10:30

sorry.

who cares.

its an ot subject and bv come heavy down on that.

he is known to be inconsistant though.

so you might get away it

sorry i mentioned the rolling stones in respect of the time and social history, and technology and science, that accompanied went before, during and after the greatest achievment ever made by man and all at a time when the stones were top of the game.

incredible maybe bv is so blind to american history and that 0ther stuff did happen simultaously when the stones were good, but ofcourse, to bv landing on the moon is so unimportant, but the social history of the many crap threads on his site are. does bv really think the rolling stones dont have any thought process outwith music and concerts.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 27, 2018 13:36

guitarbastard
somehow it seems that chris and mick are not very close. do they see each other at all? i cant remember either of them saying something emotional/heartfelt about each other in interviews. does chris ever go to see the stones? did chris ever mention that it is difficult to be micks brother?
just curious what kind of relation they have...

Probably a bit better than that of Noel & Liam, and not that we know that much about it ... but also that of Ray & Dave.

Brothers WILL fight - unfortunately !

At least Mick n' Chris were never in the same band ... probably a good thang !?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 27, 2018 16:50

I think they are close.
Chris was there at Old Trafford to see the stones this summer (source: his instagram).
Probably also in London as he performed in the Ealing Club the night before.
Mick does backings on some of Chris’ songs, once in a while they share the stage... there’s also a pic on Chris’ instagram from february from a birthday party in december.

I think Mick is very much a family man. Completely different than the guy we think he is.

Mick Jagger says Keith Richards is not like a brother to him

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 27, 2018 17:28

Chris' voice sounds like "Michael's"

Date: October 27, 2018 17:39

buttons67
sorry.

who cares.

so you might get away it

sorry i mentioned the rolling stones in respect of the time and social history, and technology and science, that accompanied went before, during and after the greatest achievment ever made by man and all at a time when the stones were top of the game.

incredible maybe bv is so blind to american history and that 0ther stuff did happen simultaously when the stones were good, but ofcourse, to bv landing on the moon is so unimportant, but the social history of the many crap threads on his site are. does bv really think the rolling stones dont have any thought process outwith music and concerts.

At the end of the day, it's his site. It doesn't much matter if we agree with every decision he makes. The internet is a big place. We could find other sites where some of our interests are more welcome. We could start our own site. Either of those options are productive. I stay at iorr because I like the people generally. I also like the look of the site. Maybe an odd reason, but the others would give me a headache if I stayed too long. For me, it doesn't matter much when Bjornulf closes a thread I posted in, says stop talking about something in a particular thread, or deletes posts or deletes an entire thread because always I know it's his site. We're his guests. Sometimes I don't want to be here or it's too noisy so I go to another site or I stay offline. Both are also healthy options. He's a landlord. Sometimes he says be quiet or you can't do that in my house. If you can't handle that, find a better landlord or save up to buy your own house.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 28, 2018 12:29

This summer the Stones played the Olympic Stadium in Berlin and Chris opened for German star Nena in the Zitadelle in Berlin-Spandau - same time, probably 10 km distance.
Nena is a big Stones fan, Chris the brother. I think pictures of the two have been posted here but nothing mentioned about Nena/Chris and Mick?!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 29, 2018 07:13

I've read a few things about their r'ship over the years. That in the 60s Mick would send Chris money when he lived in India. That Mick doesn't see Keith as a brother, because he already has a brother (Chris), whereas Keith is an only child. But I think if they were close, you'd see some pics or reports of Chris and his family joining Mick and his kids in Mustique or at his chateau.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 29, 2018 13:26

Pretty sure Chris gets a non-musical credit on either Steel Wheels or Bridges To Babylon.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Date: October 29, 2018 13:59

ROLLINGSTONE
Pretty sure Chris gets a non-musical credit on either Steel Wheels or Bridges To Babylon.

"Literary Editor" on Blinded By Love.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 29, 2018 16:10

DandelionPowderman
ROLLINGSTONE

"Literary Editor" on Blinded By Love.

I don't have it handy, but I believe Chris has a credit for art direction or something of the sort for the Some Girls tour booklet.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2018 16:10

Not sure Mick is close (or reveals himself) to anyone.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 29, 2018 16:27

Elmo Lewis

Keith once described Mick as being a great bunch of blokes.

smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2018 16:58

Chris is credited as "literary editor" (a nice way of saying he helped with the lyrics, but doesn't get royalties) on both "Almost Hear You Sigh" and "Blinded by Love." Chris said he did similar work on DIRTY WORK, but was not credited. He also wrote the band bios for the STEEL WHEELS tour program, save for Keith who wanted to pen his own.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 22:06

ROLLINGSTONE
Elmo Lewis

Keith once described Mick as being a great bunch of blokes.

smiling smiley

It was Bill who said that.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 29, 2018 22:39

They seem fairly close, certainly they haven't fallen out by the look of it, they have a respect for each other and like with all brothers and family, even if they don't see each other often, the love and the memories of growing up together make a bond that can never be broken, i'm sure they will always be there for each other when it matters most.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 30, 2018 02:00

I think they are fairly close,MJ has been on several of CJ's songs & Chris mentions the RS in 2 or 3 tunes...just my $0.02...

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 30, 2018 19:40

wont retell the whole story of my meeting the brothers Jagger (search the site for the long version!), but the short story is that i saw Chris perform at the Bottom Line back in 95 and Mick was front row center and in great spirits and seemingly very proud of his little bro. Chris tried to get him on stage for one number, but Mick declined (too bad, but the focus was supposed to be on Chris that night and i think Mick didn't want to detract from that).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 20:55 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: October 30, 2018 20:33

Nobody here knows the answer to this question. They are brothers, they are family. It's a personal issue, we have no idea exactly how they are in private.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: October 30, 2018 21:37

Private life.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 30, 2018 23:10

In most normal families your brothers or sisters are the people (apart from mum and dad) you have known the longest.

Anyone with siblings know there can be ups and downs and I'm sure Mick and Chris are no different.

They seem to get on great together in public, which is no real surprise really.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2018 16:36

buttons67
sorry.

who cares.

so you might get away it

Did you have a bad day? What are you trying to say? Jagger is not Stones related?

Bjornulf

Re: Mick and Chris Jagger, what kind of relationship?
Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 17:47

Chris’s first two albums are bloody excellent?

Date: October 31, 2018 18:26

Jfk19562003

Question- or exclamation mark? winking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 31, 2018 18:37

No idea about their relationship, but I’ve seen Chris and his band twice, think he’s very under-rated. The last time was Ealing Club in June, and I was early, so sat at a table in the near-empty club with a drink. Soon after, Chris and various friends and band members plopped down at the next table with their Indian take-away in aluminium trays (I hear that’s how you Brits spell aluminum...). I made an effort not to intrude, so just hung out and listened. Chris’s voice is so much like Mick’s speaking voice, and they were waiting for someone (else) named Charlie. Every time he said ‘where’s Charlie’ I nearly fell off my seat. At one point Chris noticed the bottle of Jagermeister behind the bar and made a joke about Jagger Bombs. I guess the fact that he didn’t mention Goddess In A Doorway indicates it’s a good relationship after all. grinning smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 31, 2018 23:13

Jfk19562003

i own them both!

i asked Chris at the Bottom line show i mentioned above if he was going to play any songs off of those albums; he said no. i asked him why not and he laughed and said "because i cant remember any of them!"

Handful of Dust is a very good song (Mick sings backup on it, as well) .

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 31, 2018 23:48

SomeTorontoGirl
No idea about their relationship, but I’ve seen Chris and his band twice, think he’s very under-rated. The last time was Ealing Club in June, and I was early, so sat at a table in the near-empty club with a drink. Soon after, Chris and various friends and band members plopped down at the next table with their Indian take-away in aluminium trays (I hear that’s how you Brits spell aluminum...). I made an effort not to intrude, so just hung out and listened. Chris’s voice is so much like Mick’s speaking voice, and they were waiting for someone (else) named Charlie. Every time he said ‘where’s Charlie’ I nearly fell off my seat. At one point Chris noticed the bottle of Jagermeister behind the bar and made a joke about Jagger Bombs. I guess the fact that he didn’t mention Goddess In A Doorway indicates it’s a good relationship after all. grinning smiley

Flashback to taking shots of:
Goldschläger is a Swiss cinnamon schnapps (43.5% alcohol by volume or 87 proof; originally it was 53.5% alcohol or 107 proof),[1] a liqueur with very thin, yet visible flakes of gold floating in it.

I held my breath reading your story wondering if you were oh so casually going to mention oh btw had a drink w/ Mick!

I don’t know what the brothers relationship is like but seems to be private.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 1, 2018 01:20

35love
I held my breath reading your story wondering if you were oh so casually going to mention oh btw had a drink w/ Mick!...

No, Mick wasn’t there. But I’m reliably informed that I missed having a drink with him in Edinburgh by about 5 minutes. If it had been Keith I would have been inconsolable.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home