Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Too many OT threads
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:29

11 on page 1!

At least some have to do with music.

Licorice?The moon?

Please keep it mostly musical if not Stones.

Occasion lapses are okay.

If in doubt, refer to bv.

Re: Too many OT threads
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:36

I'm sorry, Elmo, I've read your post several times and I don't see what it has to do with why the new album isn't being released tomorrow.

...unless you mean they can't finish it because of the OT threads! Well done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 16:36 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: October 25, 2018 16:44

Rocky Dijon
I'm sorry, Elmo, I've read your post several times and I don't see what it has to do with why the new album isn't being released tomorrow.

...unless you mean they can't finish it because of the OT threads! Well done!

Damn right, Rocky! OT threads are holding up the album and tour. smileys with beer

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:51

But always good to see a revival for Rene's Track Talk.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:58

Shouldn't this thread be "OT"...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:04

The Stones aren't doing anything. We need to talk about something.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:12

Hey guys, Elmo Lewis is unhappy with the current state of this forum. Let's all change it so he can be happy, okay?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:13

RollingFreak
Exactly. I don't understand this mindset at all.

I know bv wishes for this board to remain primarily about the Stones, but how the hell are we supposed to endlessly dissect a band that's already been dissected down to the note?

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:23

RollingFreak

Bingo! It's symptomatic of when The Stones aren't touring, releasing a new album etc and there's not much happening that the quality of the threads start to take a downward turn and we get posts about Charlie's sister, Keith's shirts, re-imagined track listings and the Moon landing. eye rolling smiley

Rene's Track Talk is a saviour indeed but in general you sometimes think people are just dredging up something to put on the board for the sake of eating up cyberspace. smiling smiley

In fourteen years I've only started one thread; announcing the death of Charlton Heston and it started a riot. Hauw!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:27

I like the off topics personally. For me there's more to life than The Stones. Plus it's nice to know and share thoughts about other things. However, when there's important Stones Info I believe that has priority. For the moment there isn't much of that.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:38

Kurt

That would make 12 on page 1.....drinking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 25, 2018 18:21

frankotero
I like the off topics personally. For me there's more to life than The Stones. Plus it's nice to know and share thoughts about other things. However, when there's important Stones Info I believe that has priority. For the moment there isn't much of that.

Here too.

But, to get back on topic: It's been a long time since we last scrutinized Ronnie's hair or Keith's ear gear e.g.

Isn't that something?

Re: OT: Too many OT threads
Date: October 25, 2018 18:42

Elmo Lewis
11 on page 1!

Licorice?The moon?

The moderator told us this:-

Off topic posts
IORR is a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones and related topics. Still, other interesting topics may be accepted at times, as long as they are not offending, and as long as there are not too many of them at any time. Make sure you mark your Off Topic post with "OT:" in the subject field. In order to keep the OFF TOPIC number low - after all this is a ROLLING STONES board, not Facebook or Twitter, the IORR Editor will simply remove a lot of the Off Topic posts when they show up. Please do not post off topic, unless it is very important to a lot of us, or interesting in general. Please no more "see me playing in my band" or other types of me-centric posts. Simply too many off topics. Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted. Thanks for your understanding.

I know bv's closely following everything that's going on here. And I trust he'll step in as soon as he sees the need to. Why don't we just let him do his job?

But really, Elmo, please do mark your post "OT" as that's the No. 1 rule in this subject matter of OT posts. And, nobody else can do that for you except bv himself.

In the last resort - in case you keep dissatisfied, which I won't hope - you can report this thread to bv by using the Report This Message button at the bottom of each post.

For the rest and in case of any further doubt please check here: [iorr.org] for Forum Help and Policies.

Date: October 25, 2018 19:04

Full info here:-

Off Topic threads will be deleted ... unless you clearly mark them OT:

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 19:05 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2018 19:04

keefriff99
RollingFreak

I know bv wishes for this board to remain primarily about the Stones, but how the hell are we supposed to endlessly dissect a band that's already been dissected down to the note?

We could debate Micks hair again and whether he has implants or not, but that's already been beaten to death with no definitive answer!
Or maybe Keiths new set of teeth...which aren't really new any more - maybe some predictions on when he'll get a new set?
Or Bill being airbrushed out for no good reason...
Or another Mick Taylor vs. Ronnie Wood...
Or Darryl or Chuck as official members...
Or the fact that no news is good news...
Or Beatles vs. Stones...
Or...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 25, 2018 19:07

Maindefender
Kurt

That would make 12 on page 1.....drinking smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 19:16

dead.flowers
Elmo Lewis
11 on page 1!

Licorice?The moon?

The moderator told us this:-

Off topic posts
IORR is a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones and related topics. Still, other interesting topics may be accepted at times, as long as they are not offending, and as long as there are not too many of them at any time. Make sure you mark your Off Topic post with "OT:" in the subject field. In order to keep the OFF TOPIC number low - after all this is a ROLLING STONES board, not Facebook or Twitter, the IORR Editor will simply remove a lot of the Off Topic posts when they show up. Please do not post off topic, unless it is very important to a lot of us, or interesting in general. Please no more "see me playing in my band" or other types of me-centric posts. Simply too many off topics. Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted. Thanks for your understanding.

I know bv's closely following everything that's going on here. And I trust he'll step in as soon as he sees the need to. Why don't we just let him do his job?

But really, Elmo, please do mark your post "OT" as that's the No. 1 rule in this subject matter of OT posts. And, nobody else can do that for you except bv himself.

In the last resort - in case you keep dissatisfied, which I won't hope - you can report this thread to bv by using the Report This Message button at the bottom of each post.

For the rest and in case of any further doubt please check here: [iorr.org] for Forum Help and Policies.

For the sake of compliance, let's just assume that the subject of every OT thread, like Frosty the dead dog who isn't really dead (thank God), is wearing Rolling Stones sunglasses or other on topic apparel.

Date: October 25, 2018 19:26

Boognish
Hey guys, Elmo Lewis is unhappy with the current state of this forum. Let's all change it so he can be happy, okay?

The "did they eat licorice on the moon" site is looking for you. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 25, 2018 20:00

Too many cooks will spoil the soup, or something...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2018 20:14

OT threads about other bands are not all that OT, to me.

Threads about ridiculous bullshit like moon conspiracies do not belong, but BV took care of that.

Look at it this way OT means don't read it. Problem solved.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 25, 2018 20:31

Would a new thread about a zombie-looking, licorice-eating, Bob Dylan-loving, torch-carrying dog rising up from the Pet Cemetery on Halloween during the first inning of Game 7 of the World Series to the tune of Sympathy for The Devil be considered "OT" or not?

For the record, this potential new thread would have nothing to do with ELO.

Asking for a friend...
Waiting on a friend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 20:33 by Kurt.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:01

Off topic posts will be closed if there are too many of them. I have already closed one this week. There will be more. No offense, nothing personal, but we don't really need to discuss everything here. After all IORR is a site dedicated to the Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:16

I don't want to see Jethro Tull and other OT stuff on top of the IORR forum pages, so I made the two most important theads sticky.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:31

Good for you BV , As this is all about our favorite band -The Rolling Stones !

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:33

I think its also very clear that the OT threads are opinions and topics that relate to people that like the Stones. Its a lot of other band stuff, and people that listen to the Stones probably also listen to or have an opinion about Jethro Tull, ELO, etc. So to me its always made perfect sense to start OT threads here because I'm curious what other Stones fans would think about Neil Young or other life things.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2018 22:52

RollingFreak
I think its also very clear that the OT threads are opinions and topics that relate to people that like the Stones. Its a lot of other band stuff, and people that listen to the Stones probably also listen to or have an opinion about Jethro Tull, ELO, etc. So to me its always made perfect sense to start OT threads here because I'm curious what other Stones fans would think about Neil Young or other life things.

Your right. .esspecially when the Stones are on a break

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 26, 2018 21:32

that licorice thread is pretty good though.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 26, 2018 21:55

keefriff99
RollingFreak

hmm, makes me wonder if they will do autopsies on the Stones when their time comes.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:32

BUMP!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:40

Kurt

Respectfully, that was my first reaction as well.
Technically speaking; it would have that OT designation.
That's my side of the debate anyway.
After I win, I'll take the other side.
After I win the other side.
I'm forming a committee to address the webmaster formally.
There will be sign-up sheets, electronic of course, I'll keep ypu posted.
I'm going to have to delegate a lot of this to staff, but I promise
to keep a close eye on things.
also, so that this post is "stones related," I'd like to say are actually
still a very cool bunch of cats. thank you.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home