Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Discarded Used Stones Tickets Have You Found Or Seen Any
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 23, 2018 03:01

I couldn't imagine anyone not wanting to keep their used Stones tickets but have ya seen or picked up a discarded Stones ticket?

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: Discarded Used Stones Tickets Have You Found Or Seen Any
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 23, 2018 09:49

Thousands of them outside circo Massimo Rome in 2014. Mine was in my pocket!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 23, 2018 09:58

well, nowdays concert tickets don't look great anymore. So why not throw them away after a show? (I keep them but I can understand why other people don't)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2018 13:14

I see tickets on the floor as I walk out of the stadium shows. They are there with the rest of the rubbish, plastic and other stuff. We are hard core fans, we would keep the plastic cup if Mick threw his cup into the crowd, but most other normal people see this as simply rubbish, including the tickets, these days just a print on a paper, not even nice looking.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 23, 2018 13:31

We live in a digital age where most people stream music and purchase etickets they can scan from their phone. Hardcore fans are still going to collect memorabilia such as ticket stubs, but we are in the minority.

I don't think all modern tickets are bad, I thought the No Filter eventim tickets were quite nice.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 23, 2018 13:35

Yes.
Found one in a rarely used jacket yesterday!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 23, 2018 16:54

I've got over 1000 tickets of shows I have seen since I started going to gigs in 1972. Still got my Stones ticket from Wembley Empire Pool Sept 8 1973. What are tickets of major acts in the 70s worth these days? I have tickets for Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd etc.

Date: October 23, 2018 17:06

Silver Dagger
I've got over 1000 tickets of shows I have seen since I started going to gigs in 1972. Still got my Stones ticket from Wembley Empire Pool Sept 8 1973. What are tickets of major acts in the 70s worth these days? I have tickets for Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd etc.

I read 1792! Forgot my glasses today, hehe grinning smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 23, 2018 17:12

I keep my ticket stubs in plastic mylar pages (designed for sports cards) in a three ring binder. Overkill, some might say....but it's fun to page through once in a while. As for discarded stubs, someone once gave me their Chicago '81 stub, knowing I was a big fan. Maybe weird to have a stub to a show I never saw, (I didn't see them until '89) but....

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 23, 2018 17:58

i have all my stubs going back to my first show in '81 and also the post cards received on the non winning entries for the ticket lottery in '81! I also have some confetti from any of the shows that dropped that on us afterwards.

Date: October 23, 2018 19:57

I am very sad I never cared to save mine sad smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 23, 2018 20:08

All Stones stubs are copies behind glass on the wall.
The originals are saved in a secret place under the bed smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 24, 2018 00:59

I still have all my ticket stubs. I actually scan them, too, since some are starting to fade.
These days with Ticketmaster offering print at home tickets, it's not the same printing off an 8X11 sheet of paper versus getting actual tickets mailed to you or buying them at the boxoffice.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 24, 2018 01:01

I wish I had kept my stub from seeing the Beatles in '66. The friend who went with me still has his.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 24, 2018 02:25

I get all my concert tickets the old fashion way queuing at the box office I don't want my tickets printed on a bit of A4 paper.
All my used tickets and some unused that concerts I didn't end up going to are put in a special A4 size folder with the promo poster

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-24 02:31 by colonial.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 24, 2018 04:27

I have saved all of mine except I no longer have the stub from my first show -- Wednesday, July 16th, 1975 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. I don't know what happened to it. I am hopeful that some day, I will come across it in an old box of stuff. I do, however, have a black and white photocopy of it. I would pay good money for one from someone else who attended. I have checked on the Bill Graham site Wolfgang's Vault but it is just not there. Nor on eBay. There are a fair number there from the '75 tour but not San Francisco.

I regularly check eBay for Stones memorabilia which includes lots of tickets going back to 64/65 or so. Mostly stubs, but there are quite a few whole tickets. Makes me wonder if some are actually reproductions. The older ones are terribly expensive, whether stubs or whole tickets, like $300-$500.

I did break down and buy one a couple of months back -- November 27th, 1969, MSG. It was only a stub and it was creased but it did have all the information on the stub -- Rolling Stones, date, venue. And it was relatively cheap. It first listed at about $40 or $50. By the time I got it, it was $102.50 plus $2 for shipping.

Here it is:

It is from a historic concert in the history of the Stones and in an iconic venue -- recorded for Gimme Shelter and Get Yer Ya Yas Out. I don't think the seller realized what he had -- he said that he "Found it in woman’s estate, she was an old hippy who according to her daughter lived on a commune and went to Woodstock."

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 24, 2018 05:39

I still have my nice shiny ticket from Buffalo 81 which is
my first show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2018 06:29

I have them all since my first two shows in 1981, but in '98 I made a giant 4 x 3 ft. collage of all ticket stubs I'd collected over the years up to that point- including all Stones shows, Pink Floyd The Wall, The Clash, and on and on. Thought it would be better to see them all at once as a piece of art vs. being in a box, photo album, or scrap book. Quite a nice piece if I say so myself, and it definitely speaks volumes. Since then, I've continued to save every stub from every concert, and probably have more than twice as many that I had accumulated back in '98 - probably enough to make a massive 8 x 6 foot collage, but will probably make two more 4 x 3's to make a triptych (or a tripticket haha). And when you consider that they don't tear them in half like they used to, might have enough to make three more! As for print at home, I think I've only done that a couple times w/stubhub tix, but I like actual tickets even if it means paying a small extra fee to have them mailed to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2018 07:53

Such soft hands Tim …. what lotion do you use ??????????….hhhaaahhheeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 24, 2018 08:47

Rockman
Such soft hands Tim …. what lotion do you use ??????????….hhhaaahhheeeee

not mine, that is the foto that was on the Facebook posting. I could send them yer question.

BTW Rockee, my next piece of reading is that book by Alexis Rockman, your Russian relative.

And, I may be out near your way next year and might b able to drop by. Not joking.

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2018 08:53

…….. Alexis yeah he tried his hand at art but then changed his
name to Alexo and turned to pizza making but lookin on his FB site
they are just BIG blobs of gut chockin' dough …..

Yeah come on down …
you'll dig it down here Tim ….Kangaroos .. meat-pies and me !!!! ...hhhhaa

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-24 08:56 by Rockman.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 24, 2018 09:08

I keep my tickets in scrap books, I have all of them. I even go out of my way or pay more for tickets with a design, when available. I kind of like the ticketmaster plastic card, at least it's more interesting than the generic computer printed tickets. The 80s and 90s had some amazing tickets here in Germany. Prince even had a hologram. It was always an exciting time to see what the ticket would look like.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 24, 2018 14:54

Amsterdam RAI 1970
Bristol Calston Hall 1971
Hamburg 1973

are the oldest ones I still have. I always kept the concert tickets and occasionally picked up some leftovers found after concerts (don't have the one from Cuba, Havana 2016 grinning smiley)

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 24, 2018 19:08

Myself and StrayCatUK found a gold circle ticket unused on the floor by the bar inside the venue in Southampton.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 24, 2018 22:33

one of the best looking tickets was urban jungle, looked like a piece of money paper

Date: October 24, 2018 22:39

my favorite was 1981 the ticket was a bit over sized and white and had the red stones tongue on it.

I but off ebay an unused one

Date: October 24, 2018 23:16

Personal favorites are from the Netherlands '03 shows - pretty sure they were the same design for Amsterdam Arena, Ahoy arena and Feyenoord stadium in Rotterdam, and Utrecht Vredenburg.

Edit: Better pic found via google search, which originated in this IORR thread: Vredenburg Utrecht 2003
Still have wristbands and Vredenburg ticket of course (along with all the rest), and might be the one I'd be hesitant to include in a massive collage as it really speaks volumes and stands on it's own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 06:08 by Hairball.

Date: October 25, 2018 10:14

Hairball
Personal favorites are from the Netherlands '03 shows - pretty sure they were the same design for Amsterdam Arena, Ahoy arena and Feyenoord stadium in Rotterdam, and Utrecht Vredenburg.

Edit: Better pic found via google search, which originated in this IORR thread: Vredenburg Utrecht 2003
Still have wristbands and Vredenburg ticket of course (along with all the rest), and might be the one I'd be hesitant to include in a massive collage as it really speaks volumes and stands on it's own.

Hi Hairball, where were you (roughly) standing or sitting in Vredenburg?

Date: October 25, 2018 10:44

georgie48
Hairball

Standing dead center right in front of Mick.
This pic is also from that other thread I linked above and was posted by TooTough - I was within the red circle.

TooTough
Thanks for the pics, fancy,
one of these hands is mine!

Here's my reply to that post:

And one of those hands could be mine as well!

Spent the entire day sharing waiting in line duties with a friend near the front door.
Between my waiting shifts, I meandered around enjoying some fine herb and then eating a giant Dutch pancake to satisfy the munchies.
When they opened the doors, they herded us in small groups like sheep through a maze-like series of rooms.
At one point they made us all sit on the floor of a particular room before we were allowed to proceed forward.
It was quite strange...a miltary/prison-like procession, but I suppose it prevented a stampede.
Finally made entrance into the sacred room and made a beeline towards front center.
About 30 VIP fans were already in there, but we were still able to get as close as possible eventually snuggling in right in front of Mick.

*Ed aka LittleRedRooster is the friend I was referring to above - he used to post on here and Shidoobee all the time, but haven't heard from him since the Zip Code Tour.
We exchanged tickets a few times on the Licks tour - I gave him one of my London Astoria tickets in exchange for his spare Vredenburg ticket. It was teamwork!
We attended a few others shows that summer and prior to that in the US. I think he was having some health issues a few years ago, and tried emailing him but they kept bouncing back.
Hope he's doing alright...so Ed, if you're out there give us a shout! There's a new tour about to come back to the States and we need to see another show!!!

PS - georgie48 I assume you were at the show also, and if so where were you sitting or standing?
I seem to recall you also being at the Astoria show, but don't remember if you were also at Vredenburg?
Maybe we were standing right next to each other...it's a small world!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 10:53 by Hairball.

Date: October 25, 2018 11:05

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball

Standing dead center right in front of Mick.
This pic is also from that other thread I linked above and was posted by TooTough - I was within the red circle.

TooTough
Thanks for the pics, fancy,
one of these hands is mine!

Here's my reply to that post:

And one of those hands could be mine as well!

Spent the entire day sharing waiting in line duties with a friend near the front door.
Between my waiting shifts, I meandered around enjoying some fine herb and then eating a giant Dutch pancake to satisfy the munchies.
When they opened the doors, they herded us in small groups like sheep through a maze-like series of rooms.
At one point they made us all sit on the floor of a particular room before we were allowed to proceed forward.
It was quite strange...a miltary/prison-like procession, but I suppose it prevented a stampede.
Finally made entrance into the sacred room and made a beeline towards front center.
About 30 VIP fans were already in there, but we were still able to get as close as possible eventually snuggling in right in front of Mick.

*Ed aka LittleRedRooster is the friend I was referring to above - he used to post on here and Shidoobee all the time, but haven't heard from him since the Zip Code Tour.
We exchanged tickets a few times on the Licks tour - I gave him one of my London Astoria tickets in exchange for his spare Vredenburg ticket. It was teamwork!
We attended a few others shows that summer and prior to that in the US. I think he was having some health issues a few years ago, and tried emailing him but they kept bouncing back.
Hope he's doing alright...so Ed, if you're out there give us a shout! There's a new tour about to come back to the States and we need to see another show!!!

Ah, my oldest daughter was slightly more to the left from your point. I, responsible for two pretty small ladies, decided to get seated roughly at Keith's position. But the distance to the stage was only some 20 meters. A unique experience was, when looking to the left (from my position) it looked like the "seated" fans (everybody was standing from beginning to end!) were just one with the ones standing on the Floor. One big declining wall of people. Amazing view. It was a totally crazy concert. Even Keith was "upset" from excitement!
smileys with beer
If "Ed" is named Pelger, I could try to trace him when I'm back in Holland.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home