Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tina Turner: Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet.
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 18, 2018 15:21

Q and A in New York Times

"What’s the one book you wish someone else would write?

I’m waiting for Mick Jagger to write his autobiography. We’ve been friends since the 1960s, when we were very young, and I know he’s lived quite the life. Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet. That’s the book I want to read, and so will everybody else. Mick?"

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 15:24 by GetYerAngie.

Re: Tina Turner: Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet.
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 18, 2018 15:57

I guess he's much more garrulous in private...he doesn't strike me as a storyteller at all.

Re: Tina Turner: Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet.
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 18, 2018 16:18

Micks an entertainer dude.....why are you so surprised?...

Date: October 18, 2018 16:30

Rip This
He's extremely guarded and closed off during interviews. He rarely tells stories while being interviewed.

That's why I said IN PRIVATE.

Date: October 18, 2018 16:40

keefriff99
Rip This
He's extremely guarded and closed off during interviews. He rarely tells stories while being interviewed.

But that only goes from the 90s and on?

Date: October 18, 2018 16:45

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
Rip This

But that only goes from the 90s and on?
Yeah, I'd say so. That's where my frame of reference is.

Date: October 18, 2018 18:35

She is sort of disproving her own point by trying to make it. Mick is a story teller. That is a completely different thing from recounting your own experiences and life lessons. Jagger's stories at best would involve other participants; never himself.
I doubt that Jagger would even find it physically possible to extract the type of grammar necessary to tell tales the way an interesting auto bio would need to flow.
Big Stones books collector here; and I noticed a good while back that the Jagger bios were all a bust.

Date: October 18, 2018 19:21

If Jagger found a good ghost writer/journalist to tell his story(stories) to it would be amazing. I know his first attempt wasn't successful, but with the right person on the side it could be done. Maybe to be published when Stones is not working anymore or posthomously (which hopefully takes decades).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 21:32 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 18, 2018 21:20

Well, Commander has done a thousand interviews and never said anything really. Maybe he's keeping all his "great stories" for a voluminous chronicle to come? I don't think so.
My guess is that Tina is very loyal to her friends. She likes to talk well of them. Except her former husband maybe. But he wasn't the nicest of men, so to speak.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: October 18, 2018 21:44

The story I would like to hear is why he called Janet Lawson to make sure she went to the Brian Jones inquest on July 7th 1969. He offered to pay for her travel expenses. Janet Lawson (Tallyn) told me so herself.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 18, 2018 22:16

Really, I think that's what everyone thinks of when they think of a Mick autobiography...will he talk about the other "jaded, faded junkie nurse" who kept Brian company? Seriously, maybe he thought the person who found Brian's body and was a medical professional by trade would be critical to have at the inquest and more likely to be less emotional than fellow nurse Anna Wohlin who was involved with Brian? For those wishing to indulge in scandalous speculation, the much-missed NaturalLust had an interesting thread a few years ago:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 18, 2018 23:12

The stones members never really had a much to say about anything non stones related which is strange considering they all have varied interests outside of the band.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 18, 2018 23:53

Palace Revolution 2000
She is sort of disproving her own point by trying to make it. Mick is a story teller. That is a completely different thing from recounting your own experiences and life lessons...

I disagree. Keith uses his story telling ability to great effect in "Life".

Date: October 19, 2018 08:59

ryanpow
Palace Revolution 2000
She is sort of disproving her own point by trying to make it. Mick is a story teller. That is a completely different thing from recounting your own experiences and life lessons...

Oh Keith is the greatest story teller. It's one of Keith's great gifts. But Keith's stories very often involve himself.
When I said "Mick is a story teller" I meant in a removed way. He keeps his distance. And he does one thing my girlfriend always does: he keeps to the truth. Which at times can be a drag. where as Keith will never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 19, 2018 12:21

I don't care what Tina says i don't pick up that Mick is a particularly good story teller or that he talks more than anyone else, he is however witty and funny at times, perhaps he saves the story telling part of himself for close friends and family because there is little evidence of it from interviews available to us.

Date: October 19, 2018 12:31

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 19, 2018 14:24

keithsman
I don't care what Tina says i don't pick up that Mick is a particularly good story teller or that he talks more than anyone else, he is however witty and funny at times, perhaps he saves the story telling part of himself for close friends and family because there is little evidence of it from interviews available to us.

of course you don't....and keith wrote every word in "Life"...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 19, 2018 14:34

He's great story teller........check Faraway Eyes....or...............thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 19, 2018 16:19

Well if Mick needs some editorial assistance,
I seem to think I’m exemplary here.
If he has gone this long maintaining his privacy,
I don’t expect it to change.

Date: October 19, 2018 20:06

Mick is a complex guy with many sides. I think he has it in him to write a great auto bio but he's very guarded. I can see him talking himself out of it before he even starts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-19 20:13 by ryanpow.

Date: October 19, 2018 20:20

I still think he's a good interview subject, but "storyteller" and "talkative" are simply two adjectives I wouldn't use on post-'89 Mick.

Date: October 19, 2018 20:30

Palace Revolution 2000
ryanpow
Palace Revolution 2000

Oh Keith is the greatest story teller. It's one of Keith's great gifts. But Keith's stories very often involve himself.
When I said "Mick is a story teller" I meant in a removed way. He keeps his distance. And he does one thing my girlfriend always does: he keeps to the truth. Which at times can be a drag. where as Keith will never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

That's an interesting distinction.

Also, I've notice Mick does this thing where he downplays stuff like it wasn't really that big of a deal. That in it's own way can make a story interesting too though.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 19, 2018 22:25

For all this debate, if you look at her quote, Tina is talking about someone who really knows Mick and has had numerous conversations with him over the decades. It's not the perspective of the devoted fan who reads and watches interviews with great attention to detail. She sees a different Mick than the public does. That's who she's calling a great storyteller and garrulous. I'm willing to take her word for it.

Date: October 19, 2018 22:58

Rip This
keithsman

of course you don't....and keith wrote every word in "Life"...>grinning smiley<

confused smiley

Date: October 19, 2018 23:20

Rocky Dijon
For all this debate, if you look at her quote, Tina is talking about someone who really knows Mick and has had numerous conversations with him over the decades. It's not the perspective of the devoted fan who reads and watches interviews with great attention to detail. She sees a different Mick than the public does. That's who she's calling a great storyteller and garrulous. I'm willing to take her word for it.

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 20, 2018 00:47

GetYerAngie
Rocky Dijon

thumbs up
Right??
Someone of her stature, who has clearly known Mick for decades, is asked who, of anybody in the world, she would like a book from, and she gets "I don't care what she says about Mick.." responses. The Mick hate runs deep cool smiley

Date: October 20, 2018 00:51

MisterDDDD
GetYerAngie
Rocky Dijon

thumbs up
Right??
Someone of her stature, who has clearly known Mick for decades, is asked who, of anybody in the world, she would like a book from, and she gets "I don't care what she says about Mick.." responses. The Mick hate runs deep cool smiley
No, I explicitly said that based on his PUBLIC persona, I have a difficult time seeing him as a chatty storyteller, but that she clearly knows a much different Mick in private.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 20, 2018 01:20

keithsman
Um. You explicitly stated this.
Some may have continued to read your "perhaps" qualifiers, but C'mon.

Date: October 20, 2018 01:34

MisterDDDD
keithsman
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Date: October 20, 2018 01:54

keefriff99
MisterDDDD
keithsman
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

He mixes up everything and just see's what he wants to see because he likes to put people into boxes, he will choose to miss out the bit that says Mick is funny and witty and saves his story telling to the people closest to him.
MisterDDD is one of the reasons its impossible for me to enjoy posting here on iorr, which is a pity because i like the guy as a fan, he just likes to police things to the point of trying to take away the right of opinion unfortunately.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home